Skip to content

Harbaugh agrees to Michigan

College Football Forum
13 8 654
  • 8 million a year just seems absurd for a state supported school.

  • Don't tell that to Harbaugh! If he passes it up he's nuts. Why he could coach there and retire on a private island with his strange self.

  • Well, that isn't all being completed funded by the university. These offers are put together with the help of boosters. Very wealthy boosters. Boosters like Stephen Ross, the Owner of the Dolphins and the guy our business school is named after. Most recently, he donated $200 million to the school. He has publicly said that he wants Harbaugh at Michigan and is not pursuing him to be the Dolphins HC. So, we have the money, that's not the issue.

    Also, there has been no confirmation that is the actual offer. It was actually rumored as the offer a few weeks ago, the $48 M number. But the years weren't set. The NFL guys then picked up on it and reported 6 years, $48 M. I have been hearing today that the $48 M is still correct, but it may not be 6 years like it was reported. It may be 8, which lowers it to $6 M a year.

    I see nothing wrong with paying him $8M a year though. A lot of it is coming from boosters, and it will pay for itself easily. Michigan's recent lack of success hasn't helped financially. We're still making a ton of money, but we could make more. No fears of boycotts or anything would be good too.

    I know this will fall on deaf ears, but I've been following all of this for weeks now. Those reporting on it basically break in to the NFL guys and the Michigan guys. The NFL guys started with saying there is no way he would leave. Recently they've been backtracking and saying it is a possibility. The Michigan side started off with saying it is a possibility, to like 50/50, to now something more like 65/35.

    The whole process has been full of "insiders", "sources", tweets, rumors, message board posts, etc. Each day could bring a new rumor that looks like he isnt coming, and then a few hours later another saying the complete opposite. The one constant though has been the lack of information on the NFL side of things. Reporters there have frequently been wrong (Schefter, Rapaport) or just late. The Michigan side was reporting the numbers in his contract days before the NFL.

    We'll have to see. Nothing is even close to certain now. We probably won't hear anything until the end of the NFL season.

    I really hope he comes home though.

  • I'm a huge Ohio State fan and former alum. But Harbaugh would be doing the right thing.

  • Schefter is a meatchicken alum. I would think he would know what's going on better then most

  • Schefter is a meatchicken alum. I would think he would know what's going on better then most

    @browns149 said:

    Schefter is a meatchicken alum. I would think he would know what's going on better then most

    He doesn't though. He's been wrong a few times. Either accidentally, or purposely to push the NFL agenda.

  • Michigan, LOL.

  • I think Harbaugh is waiting to see what NFL jobs will be open on black Monday. He could pick any open NFL job.

  • Did Rural Meyer's leave Florida because he was having an affair with a college cheerleader there? If this is true, he sucks balls!

  • The rumor was he was having an affair with a student, then got a headache. But who knows

  • I'm a huge Ohio State fan and former alum. But Harbaugh would be doing the right thing.

    @opal312 said:

    I'm a huge Ohio State fan and former alum. But Harbaugh would be doing the right thing.

    What do you mean "former alum"..?

  • I'm not sure you want Opal to be an alum. He's the resident illuminati expert on the political board...