2015 schedule is a beast
-
Zombo said:
There ya go. We've got a strip club and a attorney ... just waiting for the NFL to schedule that one late in the season.
Zombo
When we make these plans, I guess I'll plan on staying in San Diego with you clowns so that I don't have to drive back and forth.
Plus that keeps Zombo away from my family.
When we make these plans, I guess I'll plan on staying in San Diego with you clowns so that I don't have to drive back and forth.
Plus that keeps Zombo away from my family.
We just need the schedule makers to cooperate.
How do you like Escondido?
-
When we make these plans, I guess I'll plan on staying in San Diego with you clowns so that I don't have to drive back and forth.
Plus that keeps Zombo away from my family.
We just need the schedule makers to cooperate.
How do you like Escondido?
We just need the schedule makers to cooperate.
How do you like Escondido?
Escondido is just fine....but its about 30 minutes north of San Diego.
-
I hope it's an early season game in San Diego. Chargers fans like to puff up their chests when they are having a decent season. Mix that with alcohol at their home game. When they lose they tend to cry and break things.
-
No doubt. I will still go to games. Unless I am really sick, I can't imagine going to less than 3-4 games a year. I did that long before I bought season tickets in maybe 94. It got to where I was going to 6 games a year and decided it was cheaper to buy season tickets. Now the pendulum is starting to swing the other way. It's harder and harder to make 6 games a year.
Everything in life has it's place. I did my season ticket deal and enjoyed the experience. If I lived back in the Cleveland area I'd still have them and go every game. But.....I live 585 miles away and am not getting any younger. The trips can be a real drag. Soon enough I'll live even another 585 miles further south. It is what it is. Lifes highway is ever changing.
Are you also buying a house near Naples from Zombo? I understand that Stan did.
Are you also buying a house near Naples from Zombo? I understand that Stan did.
No, We already have a home in Venice, about 80 or so miles north of Naples, just south of Sarasota.
-
I'm hoping for two home games together in Sept/early October where I can come up for a week and catch two games. and then a SD road game in November wher i can come out to So Cal and ruin Marko's life.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I'm hoping for two home games together in Sept/early October where I can come up for a week and catch two games. and then a SD road game in November wher i can come out to So Cal and ruin Marko's life.
Zombo
I get the back to back deal....that works for our Brit friends as well. As someone said, it's really great when the Tribe is in town as well. A Saturday Indians game and a Sunday Browns games is a perfect sports weekend. Browns/Cavs isn't bad either.
-
I'm hoping for two home games together in Sept/early October where I can come up for a week and catch two games. and then a SD road game in November wher i can come out to So Cal and ruin Marko's life.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I'm hoping for two home games together in Sept/early October where I can come up for a week and catch two games. and then a SD road game in November wher i can come out to So Cal and ruin Marko's life.
Zombo
i might go all in on this one. peeps got the learjet 60 we can fire up and do a little southern sweep on the way to cali...cali...
gotta ask haslam what type of sunscreen he prefers.
I get the back to back deal....that works for our Brit friends as well. As someone said, it's really great when the Tribe is in town as well. A Saturday Indians game and a Sunday Browns games is a perfect sports weekend. Browns/Cavs isn't bad either.
sweet. we have a BB member from tourino. a personal friend of mine in venice. call it a road trip? (do have to stop off and do a bounce in florence where i've been wanting to go to the Uffizzi.
-
Zombo said:
I'm hoping for two home games together in Sept/early October where I can come up for a week and catch two games. and then a SD road game in November wher i can come out to So Cal and ruin Marko's life.
Zombo
I get the back to back deal....that works for our Brit friends as well. As someone said, it's really great when the Tribe is in town as well. A Saturday Indians game and a Sunday Browns games is a perfect sports weekend. Browns/Cavs isn't bad either.
I get the back to back deal....that works for our Brit friends as well. As someone said, it's really great when the Tribe is in town as well. A Saturday Indians game and a Sunday Browns games is a perfect sports weekend. Browns/Cavs isn't bad either.
Now that sounds like a plan - I'll pray to the scheduling gods to give us sunday / thursday combo in early October. Last year felt pretty slim pickings after the epic two game winning week in 2013. if we don't get lucky with a two game trip for the browns wouldn't mind a tribe game pinned on the end if it works out.
-
Are you also buying a house near Naples from Zombo? I understand that Stan did.
No, We already have a home in Venice, about 80 or so miles north of Naples, just south of Sarasota.
-
We just need the schedule makers to cooperate.
How do you like Escondido?
Escondido is just fine....but its about 30 minutes north of San Diego.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
The AFC North all have touch schedules and the Steelers is more difficult with the differences being
HOME: Titans (Browns) vs Colts (Steelers)
AWAY: Jets (Browns) vs Patriots (Steelers)
Yea, the team that finishes in first gets the (supposedly) tougher schedule....and the last place team get the (supposedly) weaker schedule. It has been that way for decades.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
The AFC North all have touch schedules and the Steelers is more difficult with the differences being
HOME: Titans (Browns) vs Colts (Steelers)
AWAY: Jets (Browns) vs Patriots (Steelers)
Haven't you heard schedule doesn't matter Browns are going from 7-9 to 11-5

-
@douche-nozzle said:
The AFC North all have touch schedules and the Steelers is more difficult with the differences being
HOME: Titans (Browns) vs Colts (Steelers)
AWAY: Jets (Browns) vs Patriots (Steelers)
Haven't you heard schedule doesn't matter Browns are going from 7-9 to 11-5

I wonder, bacon, are you a born and raised Ohio native Browns fan with a contrarian streak? Or a non Browns fan from somewhere else? Or a non Browns fan from here? Not picking on you I'm just curious after so many of your posts. We know where douche nozzle and Joe suxdick are coming from.Haven't you heard schedule doesn't matter Browns are going from 7-9 to 11-5

WSS
-
Funny how a week changes things. I think I am going to renew today. I was ready to dump them but my wife is the one who talked me in to keeping the tickets.
-
Funny how a week changes things. I think I am going to renew today. I was ready to dump them but my wife is the one who talked me in to keeping the tickets.
-
I wonder, bacon, are you a born and raised Ohio native Browns fan with a contrarian streak? Or a non Browns fan from somewhere else? Or a non Browns fan from here? Not picking on you I'm just curious after so many of your posts. We know where douche nozzle and Joe suxdick are coming from.Haven't you heard schedule doesn't matter Browns are going from 7-9 to 11-5

WSS
I wonder, bacon, are you a born and raised Ohio native Browns fan with a contrarian streak? Or a non Browns fan from somewhere else? Or a non Browns fan from here? Not picking on you I'm just curious after so many of your posts. We know where douche nozzle and Joe suxdick are coming from.
WSS
Browns fan from just outside Syracuse NY. My father was of course a huge Jim Brown fan and Browns fan so he passed it down to me. I have to say I was a Dolphins fan up until age 9 when the Dolphins lost their 2nd Super Bowl and I cursed Dan Marino so have been a Browns fan for the last 30.
-
No on else mentioned Emmitt.....here is another reason why I did.....well, ok, he was a Gator, and he also ran for a lot of yards...wait, more than anybody.
-
If you have room what with your entourage/ posse, I'd love to see if we can coordinate seating, etc.
RE: KC- I won't have that much of a posse. Maybe my wife AKA "The Curse" probably my nephew, and a good friend & his wife who live in St Louis. So I'll probably road trip the Rams game too. It's less of a drive from Dayton than Ballpeen has going to Cleveland games.
Never know, I may join you. I am about 95% certain I will not renew my seats. This increase made me take a look and I figure I am spending $7000 a year or more on Browns trips. I figure I can still go to Cleveland 4 times and maybe a road trip and still come out for less. Shoot, the 2 preseason games were going to cost me $610. I can take that money alone and cover the cost of 4 regular season games and still have pretty good seats at $150 a pop off one of the exchanges.
This day was comming no matter the price hike. That just helped me make the decision. It's getting harder and harder to keep making those trips. If it wasn't this year, probably next anyway. The trips are long, the pregame allure isn't as strong as it was in the past....it's time.
Now that you mention it- it does suck mightily that I'm going to be out $380 for exhibition games.
Funny how a week changes things. I think I am going to renew today. I was ready to dump them but my wife is the one who talked me in to keeping the tickets.
Well, as long as you're still in Tennessee- why not. You're not going to be driving from Florida.
-
I wonder, bacon, are you a born and raised Ohio native Browns fan with a contrarian streak? Or a non Browns fan from somewhere else? Or a non Browns fan from here? Not picking on you I'm just curious after so many of your posts. We know where douche nozzle and Joe suxdick are coming from.
WSS
Browns fan from just outside Syracuse NY. My father was of course a huge Jim Brown fan and Browns fan so he passed it down to me. I have to say I was a Dolphins fan up until age 9 when the Dolphins lost their 2nd Super Bowl and I cursed Dan Marino so have been a Browns fan for the last 30.
Browns fan from just outside Syracuse NY. My father was of course a huge Jim Brown fan and Browns fan so he passed it down to me. I have to say I was a Dolphins fan up until age 9 when the Dolphins lost their 2nd Super Bowl and I cursed Dan Marino so have been a Browns fan for the last 30.
Fair enough.
WSS
-
Which NFL Teams Have The Hardest And Easiest 2015 Schedules?
Even before the release of next season's schedule (which should happen in April, about a week before the draft) we already know who everyone will be playing in 2015. That means it's possible to calculate who'll have the toughest row to hoe, and who gets a break.
The Falcons will face the weakest teams, their 2015 opponents compiling a .409 regular-season winning percentage last season. They'll face just four opponents who had winning records, but their relative cakewalk is a function of the historically bad NFC South getting to play the similarly woeful AFC South, as well as the usual six intradivisional games. In fact, the two divisions account for the eight easiest 2015 schedules.
The Steelers have the toughest strength of schedule, their opponents putting up a collective .579 winning percentage last year, thanks to games against the strong NFC West and AFC West, as well as against the Patriots and Colts.
Here's each team's strength of schedule, as compiled by CBS Sports yesterday (Blogging the Boys did this in December as well):
The NFL's year-to-year fluctuations mean these aren't the end-all for predicting 2015 results. But you could probably do a lot worse than Atlanta when picking a bounce-back team.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers: 147-107-2, .579
2. Cincinnati Bengals: 144-112, .563
3. San Francisco 49ers: 143-112-1, .561
4. Seattle Seahawks: 142-112-2, .559
5. Arizona Cardinals:142-113-1, .557
6. St. Louis Rams: 141-114-1, .553
T-7. Oakland Raiders: 139-116-1, .545
T-7. Kansas City Chiefs: 139-116-1, .545
9. Cleveland Browns: 138-116-2, .543
10. Denver Broncos: 138-117-1, .541
11. Baltimore Ravens: 137-117-2, .539
12. Minnesota Vikings: 138-118, .539
13. Chicago Bears: 136-120, .531
14. Green Bay Packers: 135-120-1, .529
15. Detroit Lions: 135-121, .527
16. San Diego Chargers: 132-123-1, .518
17. Miami Dolphins: 126-130, .492
18. New York Jets: 125-131, .488
19. Buffalo Bills: 124-131-1, .486
T-20. Washington Redskins: 122-133-1, .478
T-20. New York Giants: 122-133-1, .478
22. New England Patriots: 122-134, .477
23. Philadelphia Eagles: 121-134-1, .475
24. Dallas Cowboys: 119-136-1, .467
25. Jacksonville Jaguars: 118-137-1, .463
26. Tennessee Titans: 111-144-1, .435
27. Carolina Panthers: 111-145, .434
28. New Orleans Saints: 109-145-2, .429
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 108-146-2, .425
30. Houston Texans: 106-148-2, .417
31. Indianapolis Colts: 106-149-1, .417
32. Atlanta Falcons: 104-150-2, .409
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login