Dansby and Whitner call out Gilbert
-
I'm not really a twitter guy, but kind of odd he would theow that out to the public. Maybe a public shaming approach? Helliphino...
-
I just don't understand how you have the 4th fucking pick in the draft with Watkins and Mack both on board and then you trade down to 9 and walk away with a 5th string corner.
I think Haden, Skrine, Williams, and Desir are far superior to Gilbert.
-
This is serious chit when a leader voice their opinion in a public forum. Gilbert might be a bigger bust than Manziel.
-
I just don't understand how you have the 4th fucking pick in the draft with Watkins and Mack both on board and then you trade down to 9 and walk away with a 5th string corner.
I think Haden, Skrine, Williams, and Desir are far superior to Gilbert.
I just don't understand how you have the 4th fucking pick in the draft with Watkins and Mack both on board and then you trade down to 9 and walk away with a 5th string corner.
I think Haden, Skrine, Williams, and Desir are far superior to Gilbert.
But Walter, because you wanted Manziel. It was all about Manziel.
I would had taken Mack and then Bridgewater in round one.
-
This is serious chit when a leader voice their opinion in a public forum. Gilbert might be a bigger bust than Manziel.
This is serious chit when a leader voice their opinion in a public forum. Gilbert might be a bigger bust than Manziel.
yep. And he could really be a chump that is just getting under Dansbys skin.
I have nothing to base that on....pure conjecture on my part.....but I gotta believe Dansby is taking a swing and it's not just for the heck of it....
-
Weren't we all under the impression that Gilbert was improving, like was supposed to happen? It's not all his fault that the Browns have some scouting/coaching Jesus like abilities to make undrafted and low round CBs look amazing.
-
Coach said he regressed and had a bad week of practice, hence the reason Desir started....
Honestly, I dont care WHO starts and am just happy we have fixed the DB's. The way I see it, we went into the draft trying to fix the CB situation. Picked the one with the highest ceiling, then got a few more as back up. So, as long as Farmer got it covered, who cares which one plays most or is ready to play first.???
Gilbert may still end up being the best one.....you never know.....
-
Coach said he regressed and had a bad week of practice, hence the reason Desir started....
Honestly, I dont care WHO starts and am just happy we have fixed the DB's. The way I see it, we went into the draft trying to fix the CB situation. Picked the one with the highest ceiling, then got a few more as back up. So, as long as Farmer got it covered, who cares which one plays most or is ready to play first.???
Gilbert may still end up being the best one.....you never know.....
Coach said he regressed and had a bad week of practice, hence the reason Desir started....
Honestly, I dont care WHO starts and am just happy we have fixed the DB's. The way I see it, we went into the draft trying to fix the CB situation. Picked the one with the highest ceiling, then got a few more as back up. So, as long as Farmer got it covered, who cares which one plays most or is ready to play first.???
Gilbert may still end up being the best one.....you never know.....
But if we subscribe to this line of thinking we will have one less thing to wring our hands over. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not comfortable unless there is a doomsday scenario lurking around every corner.
Furthermore, who are you to say something as silly as "you never know"?! I always know! I can take even the most mundane piece of media flair and plot a no-bones-about-it-set-in-stone prediction prophecy spanning decades.
Gilbert has been in the league for almost EIGHT MONTHS! He will never be anything more than he is now, book it.
WHOOOO! complaining makes my dick hard!
-
Did not know about this Dansby tweet, but was going to make a thread about GIlbert tonight based on something I heard on the radio on the way to the gym today. Like I said in a previous thread I didn't get to watch the game sunday so I had no idea Gilbert never stepped on the field. On the radio I heard something about Pettine saying no comment as to why Gilbert was on the sideline the whole game. So this Dansby tweet means there really is some serious shit going on...like Gilbert might not be a Brown next year shit going on. That will be infuriating. I too have stated I wanted Mack or a WR with that first pick but that time would tell if Gilbert pans out...at no point did I conceiver Gilbert would have character issues though. If that's the case and our 1st pick is gone next year...I'm gonna sit and do absolutely nothing, not even gonna get mad. Not doing it anymore. This is bullshit.
-
Carlos Dansby is a fucking leader.
Teaching those punk rookies how to do things instead of just spewing a bunch of dogshit cliches.
GOOD DEAL!.
-
Venting on Twitter is for 12 year old girls.
-
I agree with the sentiments that this usually gets handled in the lockeroom. What this tells me is that Gilbert might be gone. Like something has happened that might be irreparable. Dansby doesn't strike me as a guy who does too much talking period, even in the lockeroom. Ray Lewis would have been standing on his head in press conferences while whipping himself for his defense's lack of run defense such as we've had. So for Dansby to tweet this is basically with the staff's blessing, their setting the table for getting rid of Gilbert.
-
what a bunch of flipping fools.
do me a favor. if you want to bitch about something and sound like an adult can you at least get your spelling and grammar up to speed?
-
I'd be willing to bet my soul it doesn't mean Gilbert will be traded or cut. Just won't happen. Like many rookies, probably a maturity issue. Partited too hard the night before practice, got a bit cocky after having a few decent games and it cost him his starting spot.
If a leader of the team needs to make a point that will get across and requires a bit of public shamming, I've no issue with that.
-
i thought you were leaving and not coming back until next preseason?
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Gilbert was a terrible pick. Funny no outrage. Where is Zombo and Tour? Lemmie guess he gets a free pass too.
Doesn't hurt as bad when 2 UFDAs fill in nicely at corner. No such luck at QB unless Shaw turns out to be the next Brady. And comparing QB to CB is laughable. Good effort though.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
Nobody in the history of the NFL is a bigger bust than Manziel.

-
To release this on twitter is so 'now generation'. Stupid and shows lack of leadership. However leaving that aside, there must be some truth to it. Which is troubling to say the least.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login