Skip to content

Dansby and Whitner call out Gilbert

The Browns Board
97 33 4.6k
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #17

    what a bunch of flipping fools.

    do me a favor. if you want to bitch about something and sound like an adult can you at least get your spelling and grammar up to speed?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I'd be willing to bet my soul it doesn't mean Gilbert will be traded or cut. Just won't happen. Like many rookies, probably a maturity issue. Partited too hard the night before practice, got a bit cocky after having a few decent games and it cost him his starting spot.

    If a leader of the team needs to make a point that will get across and requires a bit of public shamming, I've no issue with that.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #19

    i thought you were leaving and not coming back until next preseason?

  • B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @everlastingxxx said:

    Gilbert was a terrible pick. Funny no outrage. Where is Zombo and Tour? Lemmie guess he gets a free pass too.

    Doesn't hurt as bad when 2 UFDAs fill in nicely at corner. No such luck at QB unless Shaw turns out to be the next Brady. And comparing QB to CB is laughable. Good effort though.

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Thank god almighty that there is no such thing as a Gilberlot!

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @douche-nozzle said:

    Nobody in the history of the NFL is a bigger bust than Manziel.

    27057822.jpg

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    To release this on twitter is so 'now generation'. Stupid and shows lack of leadership. However leaving that aside, there must be some truth to it. Which is troubling to say the least.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #24

    He's a top 10 pick and the coach sits him down in crunch time because of a shitty attitude?

    WSS

  • N NGgator60 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Well, I suppose that we should be thankful that Dansby was a bit more optomistic with regards to our rookie QB?

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #26

    It looks like most are angry because he "tweeted" this, but as usual OP has the facts skewed....

    Does anyone checks facts or sources anymore???

    If it makes a difference, these are just words from a conference call - interview where he was asked about Gilbert.

    Her's a link to the "whole" story...aka comments.....I dont see anything wrong here....

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/karlos_dansby_on_struggling_ro.html

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Thanks for the link Mudfly. I like what Thomas said in this article and it is something I believe as well. Pettine is building a team in Cleveland:

    Left tackle Joe Thomas on what Pettine has proven to him in his first season as coach:

    "I think he didn't have to prove anything to me, but what I see from him is he's a coach that belongs as an NFL head coach. He's a guy that can lead a team to where it needs to be. He's an outstanding leader and motivator, and I'm really excited to have him next year."

  • Thanks for the link Mudfly. I like what Thomas said in this article and it is something I believe as well. Pettine is building a team in Cleveland:

    Left tackle Joe Thomas on what Pettine has proven to him in his first season as coach:

    "I think he didn't have to prove anything to me, but what I see from him is he's a coach that belongs as an NFL head coach. He's a guy that can lead a team to where it needs to be. He's an outstanding leader and motivator, and I'm really excited to have him next year."

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    ...... I'm really excited to have him next year."

    Wonder if that's a message to Jimmy...😉

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Anytime I have doubts about Haslem I just have to remember Randy Lerner and I get more appreciative of Jimmy Haslem. Lerner had another futbol team he seemed focused on.

  • @masterdog said:

    This is serious chit when a leader voice their opinion in a public forum. Gilbert might be a bigger bust than Manziel.

    yep. And he could really be a chump that is just getting under Dansbys skin.

    I have nothing to base that on....pure conjecture on my part.....but I gotta believe Dansby is taking a swing and it's not just for the heck of it....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mudfly said:

    yep. And he could really be a chump that is just getting under Dansbys skin.

    I have nothing to base that on....pure conjecture on my part.....but I gotta believe Dansby is taking a swing and it's not just for the heck of it....

    Agree, but...

    @jcam222 said:

    A good leader would call him out in the locker room or in private.

    ^This...

    Of course he could, and I hope he would, have done a face to face first, but with more detail. The tweet is a non-specific "not sure".

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'd be willing to bet my soul it doesn't mean Gilbert will be traded or cut.

    If a leader of the team needs to make a point that will get across and requires a bit of public shamming, I've no issue with that.

    I, too, would be willing to bet your soul... and I agree with the second bit, if as I wrote above, specifics were previously communicated face to face.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #31

    Everlastingxxx, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

    Gilbert was a terrible pick. Funny no outrage. Where is Zombo and Tour? Lemmie guess he gets a free pass too.

    ==========================================================================================

    Although you are now likely banished the Phantom zone, I'll respond...

    1. I have been critical of Gilbert and disappointed in his progress, but I have also seen flashes from him... and not just the Indy pick 6. Can't say the same about your Johnnykins...

    2. You don't do sarcasm well. You should lay off of it. You just come off as a broke dick, butt hurt, ass clown. So if you ever reenter the light, leave that card behind in the zone.

  • He's a top 10 pick and the coach sits him down in crunch time because of a shitty attitude?

    WSS

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #32

    @westside-steve said:

    He's a top 10 pick and the coach sits him down in crunch time because of a shitty attitude?

    WSS

    it sucks Steve but apparently nothing else gets through this asshole Typical behavior of kids from the timeout generation versus getting your ass whipped
  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #33
    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 54m54 minutes ago
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    Pettine on Gilbert, West being benched: "Tough love circumstance. We expect them to hold up their end of the bargain. Nothing is given.''

    Pettine on Gilbert, West being benched: "Tough love circumstance. We expect them to hold up their end of the bargain. Nothing is given.''


  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #34

    No. He was injured not benched. That would be Hoyer.

  • No. He was injured not benched. That would be Hoyer.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    No. He was injured not benched. That would be Hoyer.

    fn74t.jpg

  • Everlastingxxx, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

    Gilbert was a terrible pick. Funny no outrage. Where is Zombo and Tour? Lemmie guess he gets a free pass too.

    ==========================================================================================

    Although you are now likely banished the Phantom zone, I'll respond...

    1. I have been critical of Gilbert and disappointed in his progress, but I have also seen flashes from him... and not just the Indy pick 6. Can't say the same about your Johnnykins...

    2. You don't do sarcasm well. You should lay off of it. You just come off as a broke dick, butt hurt, ass clown. So if you ever reenter the light, leave that card behind in the zone.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @tour2ma said:

    Everlastingxxx, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

    Gilbert was a terrible pick. Funny no outrage. Where is Zombo and Tour? Lemmie guess he gets a free pass too.

    ==========================================================================================

    Although you are now likely banished the Phantom zone, I'll respond...

    1. I have been critical of Gilbert and disappointed in his progress, but I have also seen flashes from him... and not just the Indy pick 6. Can't say the same about your Johnnykins...

    2. You don't do sarcasm well. You should lay off of it. You just come off as a broke dick, butt hurt, ass clown. So if you ever reenter the light, leave that card behind in the zone.

    Was this original post deleted? Not by me.

    I would also like to add there haven't been a bunch of "Justin Cocksuckers" pimping him and making excuses for him all year. Most Browns fans are in agreement that while he flashes occasional athletic brilliance, it has been a bit of a lost season for him and we were expecting more this season from the #8 overall. That said, the position as a whole looks in good shape moving forward.

    The most important position ... still the biggest question mark.

    Zombo