Skip to content

Dansby and Whitner call out Gilbert

The Browns Board
97 33 4.6k
  • Anytime I have doubts about Haslem I just have to remember Randy Lerner and I get more appreciative of Jimmy Haslem. Lerner had another futbol team he seemed focused on.

  • @masterdog said:

    This is serious chit when a leader voice their opinion in a public forum. Gilbert might be a bigger bust than Manziel.

    yep. And he could really be a chump that is just getting under Dansbys skin.

    I have nothing to base that on....pure conjecture on my part.....but I gotta believe Dansby is taking a swing and it's not just for the heck of it....

    @mudfly said:

    yep. And he could really be a chump that is just getting under Dansbys skin.

    I have nothing to base that on....pure conjecture on my part.....but I gotta believe Dansby is taking a swing and it's not just for the heck of it....

    Agree, but...

    @jcam222 said:

    A good leader would call him out in the locker room or in private.

    ^This...

    Of course he could, and I hope he would, have done a face to face first, but with more detail. The tweet is a non-specific "not sure".

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'd be willing to bet my soul it doesn't mean Gilbert will be traded or cut.

    If a leader of the team needs to make a point that will get across and requires a bit of public shamming, I've no issue with that.

    I, too, would be willing to bet your soul... and I agree with the second bit, if as I wrote above, specifics were previously communicated face to face.

  • Everlastingxxx, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

    Gilbert was a terrible pick. Funny no outrage. Where is Zombo and Tour? Lemmie guess he gets a free pass too.

    ==========================================================================================

    Although you are now likely banished the Phantom zone, I'll respond...

    1. I have been critical of Gilbert and disappointed in his progress, but I have also seen flashes from him... and not just the Indy pick 6. Can't say the same about your Johnnykins...

    2. You don't do sarcasm well. You should lay off of it. You just come off as a broke dick, butt hurt, ass clown. So if you ever reenter the light, leave that card behind in the zone.

  • He's a top 10 pick and the coach sits him down in crunch time because of a shitty attitude?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    He's a top 10 pick and the coach sits him down in crunch time because of a shitty attitude?

    WSS

    it sucks Steve but apparently nothing else gets through this asshole Typical behavior of kids from the timeout generation versus getting your ass whipped
  • Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 54m54 minutes ago
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    Pettine on Gilbert, West being benched: "Tough love circumstance. We expect them to hold up their end of the bargain. Nothing is given.''

    Pettine on Gilbert, West being benched: "Tough love circumstance. We expect them to hold up their end of the bargain. Nothing is given.''


  • No. He was injured not benched. That would be Hoyer.

  • No. He was injured not benched. That would be Hoyer.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    No. He was injured not benched. That would be Hoyer.

    fn74t.jpg

  • Everlastingxxx, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

    Gilbert was a terrible pick. Funny no outrage. Where is Zombo and Tour? Lemmie guess he gets a free pass too.

    ==========================================================================================

    Although you are now likely banished the Phantom zone, I'll respond...

    1. I have been critical of Gilbert and disappointed in his progress, but I have also seen flashes from him... and not just the Indy pick 6. Can't say the same about your Johnnykins...

    2. You don't do sarcasm well. You should lay off of it. You just come off as a broke dick, butt hurt, ass clown. So if you ever reenter the light, leave that card behind in the zone.

    @tour2ma said:

    Everlastingxxx, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

    Gilbert was a terrible pick. Funny no outrage. Where is Zombo and Tour? Lemmie guess he gets a free pass too.

    ==========================================================================================

    Although you are now likely banished the Phantom zone, I'll respond...

    1. I have been critical of Gilbert and disappointed in his progress, but I have also seen flashes from him... and not just the Indy pick 6. Can't say the same about your Johnnykins...

    2. You don't do sarcasm well. You should lay off of it. You just come off as a broke dick, butt hurt, ass clown. So if you ever reenter the light, leave that card behind in the zone.

    Was this original post deleted? Not by me.

    I would also like to add there haven't been a bunch of "Justin Cocksuckers" pimping him and making excuses for him all year. Most Browns fans are in agreement that while he flashes occasional athletic brilliance, it has been a bit of a lost season for him and we were expecting more this season from the #8 overall. That said, the position as a whole looks in good shape moving forward.

    The most important position ... still the biggest question mark.

    Zombo

  • "It's time to grow up and not be a kid anymore. It's a wasted year for him," Whitner said. "There were so many ups, so many downs -- a lot of it has been brought on by himself. He has to look himself in the mirror like Karlos [Dansby]said, he has to understand what he did wrong, what he needs to get better at, and make sure that you're back here working out from day one when we return here to show everybody you have a good attitude and you want to go out there and be the player they drafted you to be."

    This is fucking sad and embarrassing. 4th god damn pick in the draft and instead of Watkins, Evans, Mack, Beckham, Barr, Martin, Mosley and we end up with this guy. Shame on Farmer/Haslam/Pettine for lack of due diligence.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12073436/cleveland-browns-safety-donte-whitner-sounds-rookie-justin-gilbert

  • a day late and a dollar short.................but still hilarious.

  • To have these vets doing this so openly means Gilbert has really been a locker room cancer. I'd go so far as to say these messages are rooted in the coaching staff.

  • Hang his picture on the mantle next to all of the other Browns' 1st round greats........... Fuck it, we should just trade our 1st round picks away for a slew of lower round picks. We'll bombard the roster with quantity, and maybe, just maybe, a couple of them will be great.

  • To have these vets doing this so openly means Gilbert has really been a locker room cancer. I'd go so far as to say these messages are rooted in the coaching staff.

    @jcam222 said:

    To have these vets doing this so openly means Gilbert has really been a locker room cancer. I'd go so far as to say these messages are rooted in the coaching staff.

    Luckily our coaches don't hand playing time just because he's a first round pick.

    If the vets see lack of work ethic I'm sure they appreciate the coach not rewarding him with PT.

  • Sorry Mik, we realize he was your boy, but he is a bust.

  • We just LAY WASTE and fuck up every pick. Other than Haden, Thomas, and Mack it's been a complete disaster.

    These GM's, coaches, and owners make millions of fucking dollars, how hard can it be?

    Phil Taylor is the definition of average (passed on Jones, Watt, Kerrigan, Quinn,)

    I wanted Watt/Kerrigan/or Quinn that year because I wanted a badass pass rusher.

    Trent Richardson is a RB we took 3rd overall and Brandon Weeden is a 30 year old back up

    I wanted RG3 but after the skins traded for him I wanted Blackmon (thank god we didn't pull the trigger on either) and David Decastro at 22

    Barkevious Mingo has no business starting professional football and is a situational pass rusher/special teamer.

    I wanted Tyler Eifert and Tyran Matheiu that year.

    Justin Gilbert is a complete bust and we passed on some fucking guaranteed pro bowlers

    I will admit I wanted Manziel up until I found out Gordon was gone the day after the draft I wanted Watkins. I would have taken Watkins knowing what they knew

    Johnny Manziel has just not given a fuck and looked like dog shit.

    At 26, I would have taken Xavier Sau Filo or Jordan Mathews

    I know this is hindsight, but here's my fucking point:

    I'm a fucking guy who makes less than 6 figures a year with little to no football knowledge other than what I see on TV and I can draft better than these fucking clowns. I've never played beyond 9th grade and I can do fucking better.

  • I get it, you're not going to nail EVERY 1st round pick but how do you fuck it up this badly?

  • I think it's much harder than most of us think. Look back at some of the picks you have wanted over the years. If most of you are honest a very high percentage sucked.

  • "It's time to grow up and not be a kid anymore. It's a wasted year for him," Whitner said. "There were so many ups, so many downs -- a lot of it has been brought on by himself. He has to look himself in the mirror like Karlos [Dansby]said, he has to understand what he did wrong, what he needs to get better at, and make sure that you're back here working out from day one when we return here to show everybody you have a good attitude and you want to go out there and be the player they drafted you to be."

    This is fucking sad and embarrassing. 4th god damn pick in the draft and instead of Watkins, Evans, Mack, Beckham, Barr, Martin, Mosley and we end up with this guy. Shame on Farmer/Haslam/Pettine for lack of due diligence.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12073436/cleveland-browns-safety-donte-whitner-sounds-rookie-justin-gilbert

    @walterwhite said:

    "It's time to grow up and not be a kid anymore. It's a wasted year for him," Whitner said. "There were so many ups, so many downs -- a lot of it has been brought on by himself. He has to look himself in the mirror like Karlos [Dansby]said, he has to understand what he did wrong, what he needs to get better at, and make sure that you're back here working out from day one when we return here to show everybody you have a good attitude and you want to go out there and be the player they drafted you to be."

    This is fucking sad and embarrassing. 4th god damn pick in the draft and instead of Watkins, Evans, Mack, Beckham, Barr, Martin, Mosley and we end up with this guy. Shame on Farmer/Haslam/Pettine for lack of due diligence.

    We should have gone with Mack

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12073436/cleveland-browns-safety-donte-whitner-sounds-rookie-justin-gilbert

  • We just LAY WASTE and fuck up every pick. Other than Haden, Thomas, and Mack it's been a complete disaster.

    These GM's, coaches, and owners make millions of fucking dollars, how hard can it be?

    Phil Taylor is the definition of average (passed on Jones, Watt, Kerrigan, Quinn,)

    I wanted Watt/Kerrigan/or Quinn that year because I wanted a badass pass rusher.

    Trent Richardson is a RB we took 3rd overall and Brandon Weeden is a 30 year old back up

    I wanted RG3 but after the skins traded for him I wanted Blackmon (thank god we didn't pull the trigger on either) and David Decastro at 22

    Barkevious Mingo has no business starting professional football and is a situational pass rusher/special teamer.

    I wanted Tyler Eifert and Tyran Matheiu that year.

    Justin Gilbert is a complete bust and we passed on some fucking guaranteed pro bowlers

    I will admit I wanted Manziel up until I found out Gordon was gone the day after the draft I wanted Watkins. I would have taken Watkins knowing what they knew

    Johnny Manziel has just not given a fuck and looked like dog shit.

    At 26, I would have taken Xavier Sau Filo or Jordan Mathews

    I know this is hindsight, but here's my fucking point:

    I'm a fucking guy who makes less than 6 figures a year with little to no football knowledge other than what I see on TV and I can draft better than these fucking clowns. I've never played beyond 9th grade and I can do fucking better.

    @walterwhite said:

    We just LAY WASTE and fuck up every pick. Other than Haden, Thomas, and Mack it's been a complete disaster.

    These GM's, coaches, and owners make millions of fucking dollars, how hard can it be?

    Phil Taylor is the definition of average (passed on Jones, Watt, Kerrigan, Quinn,)

    I wanted Watt/Kerrigan/or Quinn that year because I wanted a badass pass rusher.

    Trent Richardson is a RB we took 3rd overall and Brandon Weeden is a 30 year old back up

    I wanted RG3 but after the skins traded for him I wanted Blackmon (thank god we didn't pull the trigger on either) and David Decastro at 22

    Barkevious Mingo has no business starting professional football and is a situational pass rusher/special teamer.

    I wanted Tyler Eifert and Tyran Matheiu that year.

    Justin Gilbert is a complete bust and we passed on some fucking guaranteed pro bowlers

    I will admit I wanted Manziel up until I found out Gordon was gone the day after the draft I wanted Watkins. I would have taken Watkins knowing what they knew

    Johnny Manziel has just not given a fuck and looked like dog shit.

    At 26, I would have taken Xavier Sau Filo or Jordan Mathews

    Pettine sits him because he had a "bad week of practice" what does that mean? Then the teammates call him out for acting like a prima dona and feeling entitled to start. Our front office is supposed to do their "due diligence" what else are they getting paid for. We sit at home watching the combine and tracking the draft. What's the excuse for this? It's like the old regime with different names.

    I know this is hindsight, but here's my fucking point:

    I'm a fucking guy who makes less than 6 figures a year with little to no football knowledge other than what I see on TV and I can draft better than these fucking clowns. I've never played beyond 9th grade and I can do fucking better.

  • I still think Mingo can turn into a beast. We've seen a couple good games of late from him. Next year should be his corner turning year.