Skip to content

Dansby and Whitner call out Gilbert

The Browns Board
97 33 4.6k
  • He's a top 10 pick and the coach sits him down in crunch time because of a shitty attitude?

    WSS

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #32

    @westside-steve said:

    He's a top 10 pick and the coach sits him down in crunch time because of a shitty attitude?

    WSS

    it sucks Steve but apparently nothing else gets through this asshole Typical behavior of kids from the timeout generation versus getting your ass whipped
  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #33
    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 54m54 minutes ago
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    Pettine on Gilbert, West being benched: "Tough love circumstance. We expect them to hold up their end of the bargain. Nothing is given.''

    Pettine on Gilbert, West being benched: "Tough love circumstance. We expect them to hold up their end of the bargain. Nothing is given.''


  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #34

    No. He was injured not benched. That would be Hoyer.

  • No. He was injured not benched. That would be Hoyer.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    No. He was injured not benched. That would be Hoyer.

    fn74t.jpg

  • Everlastingxxx, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

    Gilbert was a terrible pick. Funny no outrage. Where is Zombo and Tour? Lemmie guess he gets a free pass too.

    ==========================================================================================

    Although you are now likely banished the Phantom zone, I'll respond...

    1. I have been critical of Gilbert and disappointed in his progress, but I have also seen flashes from him... and not just the Indy pick 6. Can't say the same about your Johnnykins...

    2. You don't do sarcasm well. You should lay off of it. You just come off as a broke dick, butt hurt, ass clown. So if you ever reenter the light, leave that card behind in the zone.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @tour2ma said:

    Everlastingxxx, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

    Gilbert was a terrible pick. Funny no outrage. Where is Zombo and Tour? Lemmie guess he gets a free pass too.

    ==========================================================================================

    Although you are now likely banished the Phantom zone, I'll respond...

    1. I have been critical of Gilbert and disappointed in his progress, but I have also seen flashes from him... and not just the Indy pick 6. Can't say the same about your Johnnykins...

    2. You don't do sarcasm well. You should lay off of it. You just come off as a broke dick, butt hurt, ass clown. So if you ever reenter the light, leave that card behind in the zone.

    Was this original post deleted? Not by me.

    I would also like to add there haven't been a bunch of "Justin Cocksuckers" pimping him and making excuses for him all year. Most Browns fans are in agreement that while he flashes occasional athletic brilliance, it has been a bit of a lost season for him and we were expecting more this season from the #8 overall. That said, the position as a whole looks in good shape moving forward.

    The most important position ... still the biggest question mark.

    Zombo

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by WalterWhite
    #37

    "It's time to grow up and not be a kid anymore. It's a wasted year for him," Whitner said. "There were so many ups, so many downs -- a lot of it has been brought on by himself. He has to look himself in the mirror like Karlos [Dansby]said, he has to understand what he did wrong, what he needs to get better at, and make sure that you're back here working out from day one when we return here to show everybody you have a good attitude and you want to go out there and be the player they drafted you to be."

    This is fucking sad and embarrassing. 4th god damn pick in the draft and instead of Watkins, Evans, Mack, Beckham, Barr, Martin, Mosley and we end up with this guy. Shame on Farmer/Haslam/Pettine for lack of due diligence.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12073436/cleveland-browns-safety-donte-whitner-sounds-rookie-justin-gilbert

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #38

    a day late and a dollar short.................but still hilarious.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    To have these vets doing this so openly means Gilbert has really been a locker room cancer. I'd go so far as to say these messages are rooted in the coaching staff.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Hang his picture on the mantle next to all of the other Browns' 1st round greats........... Fuck it, we should just trade our 1st round picks away for a slew of lower round picks. We'll bombard the roster with quantity, and maybe, just maybe, a couple of them will be great.

  • To have these vets doing this so openly means Gilbert has really been a locker room cancer. I'd go so far as to say these messages are rooted in the coaching staff.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @jcam222 said:

    To have these vets doing this so openly means Gilbert has really been a locker room cancer. I'd go so far as to say these messages are rooted in the coaching staff.

    Luckily our coaches don't hand playing time just because he's a first round pick.

    If the vets see lack of work ethic I'm sure they appreciate the coach not rewarding him with PT.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Sorry Mik, we realize he was your boy, but he is a bust.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by WalterWhite
    #43

    We just LAY WASTE and fuck up every pick. Other than Haden, Thomas, and Mack it's been a complete disaster.

    These GM's, coaches, and owners make millions of fucking dollars, how hard can it be?

    Phil Taylor is the definition of average (passed on Jones, Watt, Kerrigan, Quinn,)

    I wanted Watt/Kerrigan/or Quinn that year because I wanted a badass pass rusher.

    Trent Richardson is a RB we took 3rd overall and Brandon Weeden is a 30 year old back up

    I wanted RG3 but after the skins traded for him I wanted Blackmon (thank god we didn't pull the trigger on either) and David Decastro at 22

    Barkevious Mingo has no business starting professional football and is a situational pass rusher/special teamer.

    I wanted Tyler Eifert and Tyran Matheiu that year.

    Justin Gilbert is a complete bust and we passed on some fucking guaranteed pro bowlers

    I will admit I wanted Manziel up until I found out Gordon was gone the day after the draft I wanted Watkins. I would have taken Watkins knowing what they knew

    Johnny Manziel has just not given a fuck and looked like dog shit.

    At 26, I would have taken Xavier Sau Filo or Jordan Mathews

    I know this is hindsight, but here's my fucking point:

    I'm a fucking guy who makes less than 6 figures a year with little to no football knowledge other than what I see on TV and I can draft better than these fucking clowns. I've never played beyond 9th grade and I can do fucking better.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #44

    I get it, you're not going to nail EVERY 1st round pick but how do you fuck it up this badly?

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    I think it's much harder than most of us think. Look back at some of the picks you have wanted over the years. If most of you are honest a very high percentage sucked.

  • "It's time to grow up and not be a kid anymore. It's a wasted year for him," Whitner said. "There were so many ups, so many downs -- a lot of it has been brought on by himself. He has to look himself in the mirror like Karlos [Dansby]said, he has to understand what he did wrong, what he needs to get better at, and make sure that you're back here working out from day one when we return here to show everybody you have a good attitude and you want to go out there and be the player they drafted you to be."

    This is fucking sad and embarrassing. 4th god damn pick in the draft and instead of Watkins, Evans, Mack, Beckham, Barr, Martin, Mosley and we end up with this guy. Shame on Farmer/Haslam/Pettine for lack of due diligence.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12073436/cleveland-browns-safety-donte-whitner-sounds-rookie-justin-gilbert

    Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @walterwhite said:

    "It's time to grow up and not be a kid anymore. It's a wasted year for him," Whitner said. "There were so many ups, so many downs -- a lot of it has been brought on by himself. He has to look himself in the mirror like Karlos [Dansby]said, he has to understand what he did wrong, what he needs to get better at, and make sure that you're back here working out from day one when we return here to show everybody you have a good attitude and you want to go out there and be the player they drafted you to be."

    This is fucking sad and embarrassing. 4th god damn pick in the draft and instead of Watkins, Evans, Mack, Beckham, Barr, Martin, Mosley and we end up with this guy. Shame on Farmer/Haslam/Pettine for lack of due diligence.

    We should have gone with Mack

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12073436/cleveland-browns-safety-donte-whitner-sounds-rookie-justin-gilbert

  • We just LAY WASTE and fuck up every pick. Other than Haden, Thomas, and Mack it's been a complete disaster.

    These GM's, coaches, and owners make millions of fucking dollars, how hard can it be?

    Phil Taylor is the definition of average (passed on Jones, Watt, Kerrigan, Quinn,)

    I wanted Watt/Kerrigan/or Quinn that year because I wanted a badass pass rusher.

    Trent Richardson is a RB we took 3rd overall and Brandon Weeden is a 30 year old back up

    I wanted RG3 but after the skins traded for him I wanted Blackmon (thank god we didn't pull the trigger on either) and David Decastro at 22

    Barkevious Mingo has no business starting professional football and is a situational pass rusher/special teamer.

    I wanted Tyler Eifert and Tyran Matheiu that year.

    Justin Gilbert is a complete bust and we passed on some fucking guaranteed pro bowlers

    I will admit I wanted Manziel up until I found out Gordon was gone the day after the draft I wanted Watkins. I would have taken Watkins knowing what they knew

    Johnny Manziel has just not given a fuck and looked like dog shit.

    At 26, I would have taken Xavier Sau Filo or Jordan Mathews

    I know this is hindsight, but here's my fucking point:

    I'm a fucking guy who makes less than 6 figures a year with little to no football knowledge other than what I see on TV and I can draft better than these fucking clowns. I've never played beyond 9th grade and I can do fucking better.

    Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @walterwhite said:

    We just LAY WASTE and fuck up every pick. Other than Haden, Thomas, and Mack it's been a complete disaster.

    These GM's, coaches, and owners make millions of fucking dollars, how hard can it be?

    Phil Taylor is the definition of average (passed on Jones, Watt, Kerrigan, Quinn,)

    I wanted Watt/Kerrigan/or Quinn that year because I wanted a badass pass rusher.

    Trent Richardson is a RB we took 3rd overall and Brandon Weeden is a 30 year old back up

    I wanted RG3 but after the skins traded for him I wanted Blackmon (thank god we didn't pull the trigger on either) and David Decastro at 22

    Barkevious Mingo has no business starting professional football and is a situational pass rusher/special teamer.

    I wanted Tyler Eifert and Tyran Matheiu that year.

    Justin Gilbert is a complete bust and we passed on some fucking guaranteed pro bowlers

    I will admit I wanted Manziel up until I found out Gordon was gone the day after the draft I wanted Watkins. I would have taken Watkins knowing what they knew

    Johnny Manziel has just not given a fuck and looked like dog shit.

    At 26, I would have taken Xavier Sau Filo or Jordan Mathews

    Pettine sits him because he had a "bad week of practice" what does that mean? Then the teammates call him out for acting like a prima dona and feeling entitled to start. Our front office is supposed to do their "due diligence" what else are they getting paid for. We sit at home watching the combine and tracking the draft. What's the excuse for this? It's like the old regime with different names.

    I know this is hindsight, but here's my fucking point:

    I'm a fucking guy who makes less than 6 figures a year with little to no football knowledge other than what I see on TV and I can draft better than these fucking clowns. I've never played beyond 9th grade and I can do fucking better.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #48

    I still think Mingo can turn into a beast. We've seen a couple good games of late from him. Next year should be his corner turning year.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    I think D bone just nailed it.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    The issues the leaders are referring to are not ones of the inability to play at an NFL level. Please put that out of your mind.

    They're issues of maturity and dedication, some things that a handful of players go through. Many rise above it, although it can take time.

    I have a feeling with Haden playing the same position that Gilbert will right the course.

    Like I said, I don't have insider knowledge but Pettine loves the hot-hand, especially people that excel at practice. My guess is Gilbert got a bit too full of himself

    and didn't put in the necessary work throughout the week. Hence, not being in the lineup. This coaching staff has made it blatantly clear that you will put full effort into

    practice or you wont play.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Sure hope they lock up all the homeless on draft day!