Skip to content

Vikings Waive Ben Tate

The Browns Board
50 18 2.0k
  • I recall last year many a Steeler fans were calling for Haley's head. Then Ben started getting more leeway to make plays/no huddle and they did better. That's the gist I got and all I know about Todd Haley.

  • I recall last year many a Steeler fans were calling for Haley's head. Then Ben started getting more leeway to make plays/no huddle and they did better. That's the gist I got and all I know about Todd Haley.

    @tml1138 said:

    I recall last year many a Steeler fans were calling for Haley's head. Then Ben started getting more leeway to make plays/no huddle and they did better. That's the gist I got and all I know about Todd Haley.

    Impatient steeler fans. The rational masses saw Ben staying clean and playing all 16 games.

  • @tml1138 said:

    I recall last year many a Steeler fans were calling for Haley's head. Then Ben started getting more leeway to make plays/no huddle and they did better. That's the gist I got and all I know about Todd Haley.

    Impatient steeler fans. The rational masses saw Ben staying clean and playing all 16 games.

    @vagitron said:

    Impatient steeler fans. The rational masses saw Ben staying clean and playing all 16 games.

    That's every sports team too. Some are more impatient than others, with damn good reason...like the Browns.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ngata is a very wild card... and a very well rested one at that.

    Even the sum of Harris and Archer isn't close enough to Bell for you to sit him. Tate, facing strike three, may try to bust his ass for you, but adds too little too late.

    If you do sit Bell out of "caution", then I'm afraid you are just saving him for the off-season. But if as reported nothing truly is loose in his knee, I expect he'll play.

    Our offensive line has been lights out, alarmingly so, so even with ngata I don't expect it to be a huge game changer. No bell is a blow tho no matter how to shake it. As far as bell is concerned the MRI came back negative, no damage of any kind.

    @vagitron said:

    Our offensive line has been lights out, alarmingly so, so even with ngata I don't expect it to be a huge game changer. No bell is a blow tho no matter how to shake it.

    Any post game thoughts?

  • @vagitron said:

    Our offensive line has been lights out, alarmingly so, so even with ngata I don't expect it to be a huge game changer. No bell is a blow tho no matter how to shake it.

    Any post game thoughts?

    @tour2ma said:

    Any post game thoughts?

    114 penalty yards for the Steelers. I think the ravens had two for 8. I thought Tate ran well early and then he coughed it up and went in the dog house. It was a pretty painful game to watch. I'd like to see Tate stick around tho. I expect ike Taylor to retire, possibly troy as well. I'd like to see Harrison back and expect the steelers to draft a corner even though I've been more than pleased with Blake and McCain in support of gay. If bell had played I don't think we would have lost. I also think Ben came back in the game too soon. His second pick was insane.

  • I was more referring to your O-line, which got owned in case you did not notice.

    I do agree that Bell would have made a difference, but not sure winning the game was in the cards. The multiplier effect of a better run game on the pass attack cannot be ignored tho...

    Ben was cleared to return, so if he was rushed in, then your team broke protocol. The throw was bad, but there was an opening deeper into the corner, so the decision was fine.

    Ike did not look happy to be inactive. Troy played as if he was already retired. Hard to recall a more lackluster effort on his part.

    Oh well... there's always next year.

  • Ben Tate lost games for three different teams.

    That is one I didn't see coming, I was excited about his offseason signing. But we are better off with the young guys.

    He's not done, he'll backup somewhere next year.

    Zombo

  • Steelers looked rough last night....as did Tate....I hope they keep him.

  • Ben looked old last night.

  • Ben looked old last night.

    @browns149 said:

    Ben looked old last night.

    Had to clean coffee spew off my screen this AM after Tom Jackson called Ben "athletic". That late run by Ben was a vision of gracelessness.

    But it needed a good cleaning...

  • tate fumbled and cost them with the tipped pass that should have been caught but resulted in a game changing interception.

    their running game looked as bad as ours w/o bell when we had no center.

  • I was more referring to your O-line, which got owned in case you did not notice.

    I do agree that Bell would have made a difference, but not sure winning the game was in the cards. The multiplier effect of a better run game on the pass attack cannot be ignored tho...

    Ben was cleared to return, so if he was rushed in, then your team broke protocol. The throw was bad, but there was an opening deeper into the corner, so the decision was fine.

    Ike did not look happy to be inactive. Troy played as if he was already retired. Hard to recall a more lackluster effort on his part.

    Oh well... there's always next year.

    @tour2ma said:

    I was more referring to your O-line, which got owned in case you did not notice.

    I do agree that Bell would have made a difference, but not sure winning the game was in the cards. The multiplier effect of a better run game on the pass attack cannot be ignored tho...

    Ben was cleared to return, so if he was rushed in, then your team broke protocol. The throw was bad, but there was an opening deeper into the corner, so the decision was fine.

    Ike did not look happy to be inactive. Troy played as if he was already retired. Hard to recall a more lackluster effort on his part.

    Oh well... there's always next year.

    The steelers just didn't catch the right kind of breaks. Bryant had the one pass broken up nicely by their safety at the last second. McCain despite the steelers still scoring on the next possession dropped that interception. The fumble went out of the back of the end zone. You are also despite providing credit downplaying bell's significance. He caught a lot of balls this season, blocks very well in pass pro and he's elite running the ball. The second game Ben got sacked a bunch as well but he also threw 6 touchdowns. I wasn't upset with the way the line played, bell would have upped their play by keeping the raven defense honest.

    I'm a josh Harris fan but he was undrafted, DRI archer had ten carries on the season. I also thought Tate looked awesome until the fumble and he put himself in the dog house, the dropped pass for an interception would have been caught by bell. Fact of the matter is the steelers didn't do enough to win. They created a lot to build on next season. Oh and to say Ben isn't athletic is hilarious. He's 6'5 250 pounds. How is he supposed to look running *rolls eyes* like Russell Wilson? Lol

    Edit: last game taylor played it was him that took himself out. He's a competitior of course he'd like to be out there. The steelers were a few big plays away from winning that game. Plays that were called, not hypothetical. Bell gone was the biggest blow. Ben had a career year because of him. All I know is a lot of you try to make something out of nothing. Steelers finished 11-5, won the division. The consensus here was last place. I hate one and done more than anything but I'm okay with 11-5 and the division.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I was more referring to your O-line, which got owned in case you did not notice.

    I do agree that Bell would have made a difference, but not sure winning the game was in the cards. The multiplier effect of a better run game on the pass attack cannot be ignored tho...

    Ben was cleared to return, so if he was rushed in, then your team broke protocol. The throw was bad, but there was an opening deeper into the corner, so the decision was fine.

    Ike did not look happy to be inactive. Troy played as if he was already retired. Hard to recall a more lackluster effort on his part.

    Oh well... there's always next year.

    The steelers just didn't catch the right kind of breaks. Bryant had the one pass broken up nicely by their safety at the last second. McCain despite the steelers still scoring on the next possession dropped that interception. The fumble went out of the back of the end zone. You are also despite providing credit downplaying bell's significance. He caught a lot of balls this season, blocks very well in pass pro and he's elite running the ball. The second game Ben got sacked a bunch as well but he also threw 6 touchdowns. I wasn't upset with the way the line played, bell would have upped their play by keeping the raven defense honest.

    I'm a josh Harris fan but he was undrafted, DRI archer had ten carries on the season. I also thought Tate looked awesome until the fumble and he put himself in the dog house, the dropped pass for an interception would have been caught by bell. Fact of the matter is the steelers didn't do enough to win. They created a lot to build on next season. Oh and to say Ben isn't athletic is hilarious. He's 6'5 250 pounds. How is he supposed to look running *rolls eyes* like Russell Wilson? Lol

    Edit: last game taylor played it was him that took himself out. He's a competitior of course he'd like to be out there. The steelers were a few big plays away from winning that game. Plays that were called, not hypothetical. Bell gone was the biggest blow. Ben had a career year because of him. All I know is a lot of you try to make something out of nothing. Steelers finished 11-5, won the division. The consensus here was last place. I hate one and done more than anything but I'm okay with 11-5 and the division.

    @vagitron said:

    The steelers were a few big plays away from winning that game. Plays that were called, not hypothetical.

    Hahah what the hell does this even mean? Your statement reeks of hypothetical bullshit. The steelers were thoroughly outplayed. Your oline sucked donkey balls. You're lucky the ravens fumbled or it would have been an even bigger laugher.. Kinda like the browns 30-10 win earlier this year..

  • @vagitron said:

    The steelers were a few big plays away from winning that game. Plays that were called, not hypothetical.

    Hahah what the hell does this even mean? Your statement reeks of hypothetical bullshit. The steelers were thoroughly outplayed. Your oline sucked donkey balls. You're lucky the ravens fumbled or it would have been an even bigger laugher.. Kinda like the browns 30-10 win earlier this year..

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Hahah what the hell does this even mean? Your statement reeks of hypothetical bullshit. The steelers were thoroughly outplayed. Your oline sucked donkey balls. You're lucky the ravens fumbled or it would have been an even bigger laugher.. Kinda like the browns 30-10 win earlier this year..

    Dropped balls, missed opportunities. Our offensive line did not suck and there were two fumbles. Ben was off his game, we didn't have bell and we lost. Refresh my memory high and mighty, where did the browns finish? Where did the majority of you think the steelers were going to finish. The steelers are a young team, they are only going to get better.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Hahah what the hell does this even mean? Your statement reeks of hypothetical bullshit. The steelers were thoroughly outplayed. Your oline sucked donkey balls. You're lucky the ravens fumbled or it would have been an even bigger laugher.. Kinda like the browns 30-10 win earlier this year..

    Dropped balls, missed opportunities. Our offensive line did not suck and there were two fumbles. Ben was off his game, we didn't have bell and we lost. Refresh my memory high and mighty, where did the browns finish? Where did the majority of you think the steelers were going to finish. The steelers are a young team, they are only going to get better.

    @vagitron said:

    Our offensive line did not suck...

    68 yards rushing + 5 sacks = not suck?

  • tate fumbled and cost them with the tipped pass that should have been caught but resulted in a game changing interception.

    their running game looked as bad as ours w/o bell when we had no center.

    @miktoxic said:

    their running game looked as bad as ours w/o bell when we had no center.

    My thoughts too. Sucks hard when an elite key player is lost. Entirely different outcome if Mack hadn't gone down when he did...or if Bell had sooner.

    This type of thinking makes me want September here already.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I was more referring to your O-line, which got owned in case you did not notice.

    I do agree that Bell would have made a difference, but not sure winning the game was in the cards. The multiplier effect of a better run game on the pass attack cannot be ignored tho...

    Ben was cleared to return, so if he was rushed in, then your team broke protocol. The throw was bad, but there was an opening deeper into the corner, so the decision was fine.

    Ike did not look happy to be inactive. Troy played as if he was already retired. Hard to recall a more lackluster effort on his part.

    Oh well... there's always next year.

    The steelers just didn't catch the right kind of breaks. Bryant had the one pass broken up nicely by their safety at the last second. McCain despite the steelers still scoring on the next possession dropped that interception. The fumble went out of the back of the end zone. You are also despite providing credit downplaying bell's significance. He caught a lot of balls this season, blocks very well in pass pro and he's elite running the ball. The second game Ben got sacked a bunch as well but he also threw 6 touchdowns. I wasn't upset with the way the line played, bell would have upped their play by keeping the raven defense honest.

    I'm a josh Harris fan but he was undrafted, DRI archer had ten carries on the season. I also thought Tate looked awesome until the fumble and he put himself in the dog house, the dropped pass for an interception would have been caught by bell. Fact of the matter is the steelers didn't do enough to win. They created a lot to build on next season. Oh and to say Ben isn't athletic is hilarious. He's 6'5 250 pounds. How is he supposed to look running *rolls eyes* like Russell Wilson? Lol

    Edit: last game taylor played it was him that took himself out. He's a competitior of course he'd like to be out there. The steelers were a few big plays away from winning that game. Plays that were called, not hypothetical. Bell gone was the biggest blow. Ben had a career year because of him. All I know is a lot of you try to make something out of nothing. Steelers finished 11-5, won the division. The consensus here was last place. I hate one and done more than anything but I'm okay with 11-5 and the division.

    @vagitron said:

    The steelers just didn't catch the right kind of breaks.

    Yea, one break being: bottom line, they were not really as good as the Ravens in that game...and probably in just about any game.

    Bryant had the one pass broken up nicely by their safety at the last second. McCain despite the steelers still scoring on the next possession dropped that interception. The fumble went out of the back of the end zone. You are also despite providing credit downplaying bell's significance. He caught a lot of balls this season, blocks very well in pass pro and he's elite running the ball. The second game Ben got sacked a bunch as well but he also threw 6 touchdowns. I wasn't upset with the way the line played, bell would have upped their play by keeping the raven defense honest.

    I'm a josh Harris fan but he was undrafted, DRI archer had ten carries on the season. I also thought Tate looked awesome until the fumble and he put himself in the dog house, the dropped pass for an interception would have been caught by bell. Fact of the matter is the steelers didn't do enough to win. They created a lot to build on next season. Oh and to say Ben isn't athletic is hilarious. He's 6'5 250 pounds. How is he supposed to look running *rolls eyes* like Russell Wilson? Lol

    Well here is what I noticed: Joe Flacco out BRed BR. BR has always been known for his escapability talent....being able to move to avoid the sack, being able to throw on the run. But it was Flacco doing all of that the other night. Frankly, I didn't think he had that in him

    Edit: last game taylor played it was him that took himself out. He's a competitior of course he'd like to be out there. The steelers were a few big plays away from winning that game. Plays that were called, not hypothetical. Bell gone was the biggest blow. Ben had a career year because of him. All I know is a lot of you try to make something out of nothing. Steelers finished 11-5, won the division. The consensus here was last place. I hate one and done more than anything but I'm okay with 11-5 and the division.

    The talent in this division is so close. Overall....despite what your compadre asswipe has to say, the Browns probably have as much or more talent as any team in this division....when healthy......with the exception of 1 or 2 key positions: QB primarily.

    I always thought that BR was the premiere QB talent in this division.....but after Saturday I am changing my mind. Flacco is surpassing BR it would seem. I was never a big Flacco fan.....I thought he was more Joe Fluko than Joe Flacco....but it seems he is perhaps changing my mind.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Hahah what the hell does this even mean? Your statement reeks of hypothetical bullshit. The steelers were thoroughly outplayed. Your oline sucked donkey balls. You're lucky the ravens fumbled or it would have been an even bigger laugher.. Kinda like the browns 30-10 win earlier this year..

    Dropped balls, missed opportunities. Our offensive line did not suck and there were two fumbles. Ben was off his game, we didn't have bell and we lost. Refresh my memory high and mighty, where did the browns finish? Where did the majority of you think the steelers were going to finish. The steelers are a young team, they are only going to get better.

    @vagitron said:

    Dropped balls, missed opportunities. Our offensive line did not suck and there were two fumbles. Ben was off his game, we didn't have bell and we lost. Refresh my memory high and mighty, where did the browns finish? Where did the majority of you think the steelers were going to finish. The steelers are a young team, they are only going to get better.

    If the Browns had things go their way in a number of games this year....dropped balls, missed opportunities, they probably would have been like 13-3. Every loss but like 2-3 by less than a TD.

    And where do you get that the Steelers are young? In their 2d/3rd stringers? They may be young next year as they will probably have 4-5 retirements on their defense alone: Polamalu/Taylor/Keisel/McClendon/Harrison. Plus BR and Heath Miller are no spring chickens. And Dick LeBeau will be 78 at the start of next season if he sticks around.

    (that said, both Haley and Munchak did great jobs as asst.s this year).

  • @vagitron said:

    Our offensive line did not suck...

    68 yards rushing + 5 sacks = not suck?

    @tour2ma said:

    68 yards rushing + 5 sacks = not suck?

    Who was in our backfield keeping suggs and dumerville honest? You can't be serious right now. Just signed Ben Tate, unddrafted josh Harris and archer? I like all those guys but none put fear in a defense so no 5 sacks with the ravens blitzing a lot was not bad. Ben got sacked that many times last time they played. The difference...he threw 6 TDs.

  • @tour2ma said:

    68 yards rushing + 5 sacks = not suck?

    Who was in our backfield keeping suggs and dumerville honest? You can't be serious right now. Just signed Ben Tate, unddrafted josh Harris and archer? I like all those guys but none put fear in a defense so no 5 sacks with the ravens blitzing a lot was not bad. Ben got sacked that many times last time they played. The difference...he threw 6 TDs.

    @vagitron said:

    Who was in our backfield keeping suggs and dumerville honest? You can't be serious right now. Just signed Ben Tate, unddrafted josh Harris and archer? I like all those guys but none put fear in a defense so no 5 sacks with the ravens blitzing a lot was not bad. Ben got sacked that many times last time they played. The difference...he threw 6 TDs.

    So? Are you saying that this loss was on him then?

    Like I said, what I saw was Flacco doing all the things that BR usually does. Move around in the pocket, shed would be tacklers, throw accurately on the run. What's up with that?