Vikings Waive Ben Tate
-
Have the steelers cut Tate yet? Or is he going to go in to next year as the backup to Bell?
-
Who was in our backfield keeping suggs and dumerville honest? You can't be serious right now. Just signed Ben Tate, unddrafted josh Harris and archer? I like all those guys but none put fear in a defense so no 5 sacks with the ravens blitzing a lot was not bad. Ben got sacked that many times last time they played. The difference...he threw 6 TDs.
So? Are you saying that this loss was on him then?
Like I said, what I saw was Flacco doing all the things that BR usually does. Move around in the pocket, shed would be tacklers, throw accurately on the run. What's up with that?
So? Are you saying that this loss was on him then?
Like I said, what I saw was Flacco doing all the things that BR usually does. Move around in the pocket, shed would be tacklers, throw accurately on the run. What's up with that?
Ben didn't have a great game, he's on record saying as much. We had some bad breaks that changed the course of the game in a hurry. The Ben Tate drop that lead to the suggs leg interception for example. Bottom line not having bell in the game capped our offense because the ravens were able to pin their ears back and blitz their asses off. I'm not going to blame this game on Tate but just using that play as an example. If he grabs that first down the entire game could have been different. Instead it flopped off his hands and became a turnover. The ravens played well, they deserved the win but the steelers weren't thoroughly outplayed.
The steelers by all intents and purposes are a very young team, a team that is going to continue to improve. I'm okay with the record and the division. I'm rooting for the ravens this week because I hate the patriots. I then want the ratbirds to lose.
-
Have the steelers cut Tate yet? Or is he going to go in to next year as the backup to Bell?
-
So? Are you saying that this loss was on him then?
Like I said, what I saw was Flacco doing all the things that BR usually does. Move around in the pocket, shed would be tacklers, throw accurately on the run. What's up with that?
Ben didn't have a great game, he's on record saying as much. We had some bad breaks that changed the course of the game in a hurry. The Ben Tate drop that lead to the suggs leg interception for example. Bottom line not having bell in the game capped our offense because the ravens were able to pin their ears back and blitz their asses off. I'm not going to blame this game on Tate but just using that play as an example. If he grabs that first down the entire game could have been different. Instead it flopped off his hands and became a turnover. The ravens played well, they deserved the win but the steelers weren't thoroughly outplayed.
The steelers by all intents and purposes are a very young team, a team that is going to continue to improve. I'm okay with the record and the division. I'm rooting for the ravens this week because I hate the patriots. I then want the ratbirds to lose.
Ben didn't have a great game, he's on record saying as much. We had some bad breaks that changed the course of the game in a hurry. The Ben Tate drop that lead to the suggs leg interception for example. Bottom line not having bell in the game capped our offense because the ravens were able to pin their ears back and blitz their asses off. I'm not going to blame this game on Tate but just using that play as an example. If he grabs that first down the entire game could have been different. Instead it flopped off his hands and became a turnover. The ravens played well, they deserved the win but the steelers weren't thoroughly outplayed.
The steelers by all intents and purposes are a very young team, a team that is going to continue to improve. I'm okay with the record and the division. I'm rooting for the ravens this week because I hate the patriots. I then want the ratbirds to lose.
You ignored my main question: Do you think Flacco is now the best QB in this division, over BR?
And the Steelers are not young. They are quite old. They may be much younger next year when a ton of these old guys retire this offseason....or the Steelers cut them.
-
-
Ben didn't have a great game, he's on record saying as much. We had some bad breaks that changed the course of the game in a hurry. The Ben Tate drop that lead to the suggs leg interception for example. Bottom line not having bell in the game capped our offense because the ravens were able to pin their ears back and blitz their asses off. I'm not going to blame this game on Tate but just using that play as an example. If he grabs that first down the entire game could have been different. Instead it flopped off his hands and became a turnover. The ravens played well, they deserved the win but the steelers weren't thoroughly outplayed.
The steelers by all intents and purposes are a very young team, a team that is going to continue to improve. I'm okay with the record and the division. I'm rooting for the ravens this week because I hate the patriots. I then want the ratbirds to lose.
You ignored my main question: Do you think Flacco is now the best QB in this division, over BR?
And the Steelers are not young. They are quite old. They may be much younger next year when a ton of these old guys retire this offseason....or the Steelers cut them.
You ignored my main question: Do you think Flacco is now the best QB in this division, over BR?
And the Steelers are not young. They are quite old. They may be much younger next year when a ton of these old guys retire this offseason....or the Steelers cut them.
The best based on what? No he's not the best QB in the division and he won't be until Ben retires or his play really starts to regress and I expect him to retire before that really happens. Flacco had a short field several times. The average age of the Steelers is 26.26 the average age of the Browns is 25.69. The Steelers are not old.
-
Are you talking about the play where Suggs intercepted the tipped pass? Or was there another fumble that Tate gave up?
He had a 3 or 4 carries and then he had the ball stripped. The tipped pass later in the game was something different and an interception rather than a fumble.
-
You ignored my main question: Do you think Flacco is now the best QB in this division, over BR?
And the Steelers are not young. They are quite old. They may be much younger next year when a ton of these old guys retire this offseason....or the Steelers cut them.
The best based on what? No he's not the best QB in the division and he won't be until Ben retires or his play really starts to regress and I expect him to retire before that really happens. Flacco had a short field several times. The average age of the Steelers is 26.26 the average age of the Browns is 25.69. The Steelers are not old.
The best based on what? No he's not the best QB in the division and he won't be until Ben retires or his play really starts to regress and I expect him to retire before that really happens. Flacco had a short field several times. The average age of the Steelers is 26.26 the average age of the Browns is 25.69. The Steelers are not old.
OK, Flacco is not better than BR......he is just playing better. I know that there is a subtle difference.
And sure, the Steelers are young.....in their 2d stringers and special teamers. But many of their main cogs/starters are quite old and ready for the rocker:
Start with most of your Defensive backfield:
Taylor 12 years in
Polamalu 12 years in
Will Allen 11 years in
the puppy is William Gay 8 years in
Keisel 13 years....put on IR
Harrison 36 years old, already retired once
Heath Miller.....not completely over the hill, but long past peak
BR....11 years in.....which is probably still at the edge of prime
Plus they have 2 more 10+ year players on their roster, one of which is their kicker so that doesn't count. Kickers can go into their 40s. Vinatieri is one of the best kickers in the game still....and he is the oldest person still playing. The other is the long snapper....and they too can be older but still be in their prime.
Where in comparison, the Browns had only 4 players with 10+ years in the league:
Jim Leonhard, a backup safety who has already annouced his retirement....but the guy he backed up was 3 year man Pro Bowler Tashaun Gipson
Paul McQuistan.....a non factor backup OL
Dansby 10 years
Whitner 10 years
the above two are both prime time starters, for which replacements will have to be groomed. I am an advocate of getting a LB with one of the Browns 2 first round picks. And a DB for the other would not be out of the question at all.
-
Are you talking about the play where Suggs intercepted the tipped pass? Or was there another fumble that Tate gave up?
He had a 3 or 4 carries and then he had the ball stripped. The tipped pass later in the game was something different and an interception rather than a fumble.
He had a 3 or 4 carries and then he had the ball stripped. The tipped pass later in the game was something different and an interception rather than a fumble.
Well, bottom line: we are happy to have given him to you so that he could be partially responsible for blowing that game for you. (or we can thank Minnesota...who cut him after we did)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login