Skip to content

Browns' mock draft 1.0

The Browns Board
19 14 868
  • (There might be some spelling mistakes, my bad guys, english isn't my native language, i tried my best!)

    DAMN. What a pathetic finish. This is when you realize that being a true profesionnal is the key to being succesfull. There is no way we are going to get out of this never ending losing spiral with those young punks. We need captains, guys that are passionate about football, guys that care. As you will see, i would go defense, defense, DEFENSE because when you don't have a QB, you try to have a big time D (look at Buffalo) and because i think they'll spend money on offense. So no, there is no receivers here. You will probably kill me for that but eventhough i would cut Gordon, i don't think it will happen, so he is still here, then you have Hawkins and Gabriel who are good and millions to invest in offense in march. And i don't like drafting receivers high too.

    Also, no Andrew Luck this year, so don't take a QB in the first round. STOP REACHING.

    12th Pick : Danny Shelton, NT Washington

    Our d-line was atrocious last year. Desmond Bryant is a stud but outside of him, nobody played well. Taylor and Rubin won't be resigned and Hugues/winn were disapointing. We couldn't stop the run and that is right now our most glaring need.

    This is where Shelton comes in. Stud alert ! What a year he just had. He was a consistent beast. Plays with a chip on his shoulders. A terrific pass rusher for his size with great football IQ that allowed him to rack up 80+ tackles. And he is a top run defender who has to be double teamed. Great 2 gap defender and our futur at the nose.

    19th Pick : Alvin Dupree, OLB Kentucky

    I think we had 32 sacks as a team last year. And Paul Kruger had 11 by himself. This is just...bad and that put our secondary in a tough spot. I doupt Sheard will come back as he under performed last year and Mingo isn't a real thread. We need a consistent pass rusher and Dupree is one. He is a terrific young man who stayed clean is whole life and plays relentless on the field. Hard worker. A great athlete for his size with sound technique, good tackler with good instincts and suprisingly at ease in coverage.

    43rd Pick : Denzel Perryman, ILB Miami

    My favorite player of this year's draft. He is tough, smart, instinctive, athletic, hard hitting ... He has a non stop motor and is a natural leader on the field. I can go on and on about this kid. He can kill running backs and he's a great situationnal blitzer. He showed improvements in coverage last year. Down the road he could become the captain of the defense. Dansby isn't getting any younger and we are thin in the middle. Big help in our struggling running defense. This is the type of individual that wins game for your team. He's a PROFESIONNAL FOOTBALL PLAYER. No punk.

    77th Pick : Brett Hundley, QB UCLA

    Here we go again. I'm not sure i want to give Manziel another shot. My god, he was just horrific when he was on the field. And what disturbs me the most is the fact that he doesn't even care, he's like "who cares, imma continu to do what i want eventhough i suck". I mean i would be ashame to be in public after that. I'm not sure he's ever gonna understand that you need to be a pro to be succesfull and that there is only one Brett Favre. I hope he gets it, but we need an insurance. So i would also resign Hoyer.

    I like Hundley here. He's a solid 3rd round prospect with room to grow. He's got a good arm, he's accurate and can move. But more importantly, he's passionate and wants to be great. He's a true pro.

    108th Pick : Jake Fisher, OT Oregon

    Our starting o-line (with Mack) is really good. We have arguably 3 pro bowlers. But we lack depth here. I think we are going to sign some free agents tackles which is why i didn't take a tackle earlier. Fisher is a good player who did a great job protecting Mariota. What i love the most is how much they struggled whitout him. Fits the Shanaan system. Good football mind.

    112th Pick : Clive Walford, TE Miami

    Not sure Cameron will be back. I like him a lot. Also like Julius Thomas but will we pay ? That means we need help here. Walford is a former basketball player with soft hands. Good athlete with strength to block. Complete player who reminds me of Cameron actually.

    139th Pick : Andre Heidari, K USC

    How many games did we lose because Cundiff messed up ? The best kickers in the game were all drafted. Roberto Aguayo is a rare talent at kicker but I don't want to spend a top 100 pick for him. Heidari hit a few from 50+ and he is clutch. Get him.

    173rd Pick : Sam Carter, S TCU

    We don't have depth here. Leonard is retiring and Poyer isn't really good. Carter is a good prospect. He isn't a great athlete but he is smart and has very good vision and instinct. Good prospect.

    182nd Pick : Damiere Byrd, K/PR South Carolina

    Did they return a punt last year ? I mean geez. This was bad. Byrd is a receiver slash returner with lighting speed and he is elusive with the ball. Way to go.

    207th Pick : Tyler Moore, OL Florida

    Depth pick again. He was solid all year. Versatile enough to play tackle and guard tho he may be better suited to play guard in the NFL.

    I'll do another one after free agency. Stay strong Cleveland. GO BROWNS

  • Nice job. What about Eddie Goldman from Florida State?

  • Too far away to spit names, even though I've done that myself. I shall refrain.

    That said. NO. To all of them, actually. Especially Shelton at 12.

  • So? The Browns have 10 picks in 7 rounds.

  • So? The Browns have 10 picks in 7 rounds.

    @the-gipper said:

    So? The Browns have 10 picks in 7 rounds.

    and some high profile trade bait too.....😉

  • We have Taylor and Hughes, and Kitchen, and we draft a NT with our first pick?

    Nah. And I'm not sold on Hundley, either.

    Naturally, I will really like MY stupid mock draft when I finish it.

    My first three picks will be a pass rushing, playmaking lb, and a

    wr, and a qb.

    Yes, a qb.I don't know in what order, but the qb hopefully would be there in the second

    round.

    I do like the drafting of a kicker. It's time to fix that field goal kicker jobbie..

    right now, I would draft Grayson before Hundley in a NY second, and

    Ty Montgomery, WR, is my first or second first round pick. I hope Grayson is there

    in the second.

    Far from being finished....

  • @the-gipper said:

    So? The Browns have 10 picks in 7 rounds.

    and some high profile trade bait too.....😉

    @mudfly said:

    and some high profile trade bait too..... 😉

    You mean like Manziel, who is headed to Philly in exchange for Foles? yep thats my prediction. I just don't know what we will have to give with him. I think Chip Kelly has a big enough ego to think he can use him though.

  • Nice job. What about Eddie Goldman from Florida State?

    @opal312 said:

    Nice job. What about Eddie Goldman from Florida State?

    I like him too. But I prefer Malcolm Brown from Texas if i had to chose between these two.

    But i think nose is a bigger need than DE. And i REALLY like Shelton

  • We have Taylor and Hughes, and Kitchen, and we draft a NT with our first pick?

    Nah. And I'm not sold on Hundley, either.

    Naturally, I will really like MY stupid mock draft when I finish it.

    My first three picks will be a pass rushing, playmaking lb, and a

    wr, and a qb.

    Yes, a qb.I don't know in what order, but the qb hopefully would be there in the second

    round.

    I do like the drafting of a kicker. It's time to fix that field goal kicker jobbie..

    right now, I would draft Grayson before Hundley in a NY second, and

    Ty Montgomery, WR, is my first or second first round pick. I hope Grayson is there

    in the second.

    Far from being finished....

    @calfoxwc said:

    We have Taylor and Hughes, and Kitchen, and we draft a NT with our first pick

    Taylor (injury prone) and Kitchen are FA this summer.

    We need difference makers here. Hugues is a decent player but not the caliber of Shelton who i think would really change the entire defensive line.

    I know this is not a sexy pick.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    We have Taylor and Hughes, and Kitchen, and we draft a NT with our first pick

    Taylor (injury prone) and Kitchen are FA this summer.

    We need difference makers here. Hugues is a decent player but not the caliber of Shelton who i think would really change the entire defensive line.

    I know this is not a sexy pick.

    @tiott said:

    Taylor (injury prone) and Kitchen are FA this summer.

    We need difference makers here. Hugues is a decent player but not the caliber of Shelton who i think would really change the entire defensive line.

    I know this is not a sexy pick.

    They picked up the 5th year option on Taylor. He's with us through 2015.

  • Taylor (injury prone) and Kitchen are FA this summer.
    We need difference makers here. Hugues is a decent player but not the caliber of Shelton who i think would really change the entire defensive line.
    I know this is not a sexy pick. Tiott

    *******************************************

    After thinking about it.... Shelton would make a huge difference. That will help

    me smarter my stupid draft when I get around to it....

  • Hundley is not going to be on the board anywhere near there. People always do this with mock drafts

  • Draft another shutdown corner that doesn't play.

  • OLB'er in the 1st round is crazy when there's A) gonna be OLB'ers in FA and 😎 Perryman isn't going to be there at 43. We'll be lucky if Perryman is there at 19

  • we need line help on both sides of the ball.

    i have no prob picking DL and OL one and two.

    WRs and LBs can be gotten in the later rounds.

  • we need line help on both sides of the ball.

    i have no prob picking DL and OL one and two.

    WRs and LBs can be gotten in the later rounds.

    @miktoxic said:

    we need line help on both sides of the ball.

    i have no prob picking DL and OL one and two.

    WRs and LBs can be gotten in the later rounds.

    I completely agree, maybe even 3 and 4. Some people wanna build a house by doing the roof first

  • Hundley is not going to be on the board anywhere near there. People always do this with mock drafts

    @tacosman said:

    Hundley is not going to be on the board anywhere near there. People always do this with mock drafts

    Just like there was no way that Pierre Desir would fall in the fourth round last year. I'm used to this.

    Right now (no pro day, combine etc...) Hundley is a 3rd round prospect.

  • we need line help on both sides of the ball.

    i have no prob picking DL and OL one and two.

    WRs and LBs can be gotten in the later rounds.

    @miktoxic said:

    we need line help on both sides of the ball.

    i have no prob picking DL and OL one and two.

    WRs and LBs can be gotten in the later rounds.

    I disagree. It's tough to find a great pass rusher late in the draft. And there are some terrific ones available in the first round this year. I don't see a great tackle here.

  • If we don't draft a WR this time, there will be cyber riots in the streets of the browns board.