Suh will play....
-
I don't like Suh and his long history of dirty play. That said he didn't purposefully step on Rodgers.
The 1-game suspension is a travesty.
Add another to the pile of NFL front office gaffs.
I don't like Suh and his long history of dirty play. That said he didn't purposefully step on Rodgers.
The 1-game suspension is a travesty.
Add another to the pile of NFL front office gaffs.
you don't seriously think that "at least" that second step was on purpose? I kind of think both steps were on purpose when I saw the replay a couple times. The 2nd one there's simply no question. Most guys when they step on something on the field are immediately looking down on what they're stepping on cause they don't want to roll an ankle. He didn't look down EVER because he knew that might draw the refs attention to what he was doing. He just innocently looked downfield like nothing was going on while he two stepped on Rodgers leg.
-
I find it amusing that so many of those posting in this thread know exactly what Suh was thinking and that his act was purposeful. You sound ridiculous.
When I saw the play live I didn't think twice about it - Suh simply got a little push from the Packer lineman, which re-directed Suh's momentum a bit and forced him to step back to settle himself before heading upfield.
And, yes, I am insane. Bat-shit crazy, in fact. Rooting for the Browns for over 30 years will do that to you.
-
well I guess there's a different take for everything. I think most of us clearly saw that he wasn't pushed enough to force him to take that many steps backward...his momentum was already killed when he looked back downfield. But again, different takes for different folks....who's to say.
-
He did it on purpose. You don't step on something and not look around to wonder what it is.. Then he put all his weight on the one foot that was stomping on Rodgers before stepping off. Again, he never looked around even after Rodgers tried pushing him off. Scumbag.
The NFLPA makes no sense. This is the kind of thing that should piss them off. Intentionally hurting their players. Unfortunately they always take the side of the player facing suspension..
-
This sets a precedent. Get your best defensive player to stomp on a QB's leg and he won't get suspended. Just act like you didn't see him. Bunch of horseshit.
-
I can buy that the first step was accidental.
I can even buy that the 2nd may have been.
But when he raised his front foot off the ground after the step #2, then he exhausted any accident credulity.
and now he won his appeal and will play this week
I was surprised by the original suspension, but more surprised that it was rescinded.
so he was guilty of something but they don't want the cowboy vs. lions game to be a blowout and a viewership no-show.
That Suh's be allowed to play increases the chance of the 'Boys being ousted is the only saving grace I see in the reversal.
Have I mentioned that I hate the Cowboys?

-
Chickenshit goodell. All talk and bullshit when it counts. Guy is a repeat offender and a piece of shit. Needs to learn a lesson or be out of the league.
-
If Goodell keeps slapping Suh on the wrists, some nasty OL is one day gonna take that dirty bastard's knee(s) out. I hope I see it happen.
Mike
-
suh is one, if not the dirtiest players in the league. and for someone to not be able to see that is not only insane but just plain stupid.
-
It seems like something shady is going on with Detroit. The stuff the Saints were pulling seems pretty similar to what the Lions do. If you suspend Suh and they lose by double digits, maybe a lesson is sent. Fines are bullshit.
-
It seems like something shady is going on with Detroit. The stuff the Saints were pulling seems pretty similar to what the Lions do. If you suspend Suh and they lose by double digits, maybe a lesson is sent. Fines are bullshit.
It seems like something shady is going on with Detroit. The stuff the Saints were pulling seems pretty similar to what the Lions do. If you suspend Suh and they lose by double digits, maybe a lesson is sent. Fines are bullshit.
I've thought this before too, they play very dirty. They do play with a lot of passion and fire, and lions fans like that. A lot of friends of mine back in Toledo are die hard lions fans and they don't mind the dirty plays cause their defense is so good.
-
I don't get why if he did no wrong, why was there a fine? Suh has already advanced beyond fines for dirty play. Every instance should be a suspension from his last one til he is out for good.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
He is a great player but the Cowboys O-line have handled great players like him before. JJ Watt, Mebane, Cox, ect and the Cowboys have still been able to run and protect Romo. I predict a tough battle that will go 60 minutes. Win or lose Ill be there rooting my boys on!
I can dream can't I???

Happy New Year, Ever...
-
Wow...ok.....talk about the Browns being hot to sign Suh is really heating up.....Grossi was just on and saying they are going to go after him.....and we have the money to win a bidding war(if we choose to)....here's some more too....
And....ironically.....Im reading the Lions have some interest in both Sheard and Rubin......
-
disastrous move. "Suh may flirt with being the highest paid defensive player of all time". Only JJ Watt is worth the kind of money Suh is going to be looking for. He isn't half the player that Watt is and he wants to be paid more. Fuck that guy.
-
Would love Suh as a Brown but not at his price tag, still not enough depth at other positions.
-
That would be interesting to have him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login