Free Agency
-
You are drunk if you think Thomas & Thomas are going anywhere.I draft best 2 lineman in draft then get really aggressive in FA. i. e. Julius Thomas TE and D. Thomas WR. Draft smart and buy ready to go talent.
Edit: iupati? What makes anyone think he's going to hit the market? A lot of the guys mentioned are going to get tagged or resigned.
Edit: iupati? What makes anyone think he's going to hit the market? A lot of the guys mentioned are going to get tagged or resigned.
The Niners are over the cap as of now... makes their signing Iupati a matter of priorities.
The Packers are far more likely to be able to keep Bulaga.
Better worry about your Steelers... with only $4.4MM in cap space Taylor looks to be gone and signing Worilds is going to be a problem.
-
You think OLB is a bigger need than ILB? Please explain cause I watched us get gouged the entire season up the middle. You can argue some fo that is on the D line for sure but when it comes down to it ILB'ers are responsible for the run, period.
They can't reliably stop the run if the D-line has already been pushed 3-5 yards upfield off the snap. When Taylor was in, the ILBs looked fine and the run defense was good. They were able to do their job.
They can't reliably stop the run if the D-line has already been pushed 3-5 yards upfield off the snap. When Taylor was in, the ILBs looked fine and the run defense was good. They were able to do their job.
Thing is I saw our ILB'ers out of position constantly even in games where we did "ok" stopping the run. At the beginning of the season when our DL was healthy they were not getting blown off the ball.....at all. It was all on our ILB'ers. Yeah I know the DL started to get nicked and that of course doesn't help, but still run stopping is way more on the LB'ers than it is on the DL. Our guys just don't do it well, for whatever reason.
-
Between the extra cap space and the 10 picks, this is going to be an exciting off season. We have a lot of room to make some deals that work to make this the team Pettine/Farmer envision.
And I truly think we need to retain Hoyer who functioned well until we had no running game, i.e. after Mack went down. Right now he is the best we have in the position.
-
You are drunk if you think Thomas & Thomas are going anywhere.I draft best 2 lineman in draft then get really aggressive in FA. i. e. Julius Thomas TE and D. Thomas WR. Draft smart and buy ready to go talent.
Edit: iupati? What makes anyone think he's going to hit the market? A lot of the guys mentioned are going to get tagged or resigned.
You are drunk if you think Thomas & Thomas are going anywhere.
Edit: iupati? What makes anyone think he's going to hit the market? A lot of the guys mentioned are going to get tagged or resigned.
It's common sense to look at the Broncos and make a reasonable assumption ONE of the Thomas' might leave. They'll both want and will get top deals and horse face Elway could decide to not lock up 20+ million potentially in them. However, I don't want either of those guys.
-
Edit: iupati? What makes anyone think he's going to hit the market? A lot of the guys mentioned are going to get tagged or resigned.
The Niners are over the cap as of now... makes their signing Iupati a matter of priorities.
The Packers are far more likely to be able to keep Bulaga.
Better worry about your Steelers... with only $4.4MM in cap space Taylor looks to be gone and signing Worilds is going to be a problem.
The Niners are over the cap as of now... makes their signing Iupati a matter of priorities.
The Packers are far more likely to be able to keep Bulaga.
Better worry about your Steelers... with only $4.4MM in cap space Taylor looks to be gone and signing Worilds is going to be a problem.
Taylor is gone period. I also don't believe we will resign worilds. I can see Troy retiring. I'm not worried about the Steelers. We are always close to the cap and Kahn always makes it work.
-
The Niners are over the cap as of now... makes their signing Iupati a matter of priorities.
The Packers are far more likely to be able to keep Bulaga.
Better worry about your Steelers... with only $4.4MM in cap space Taylor looks to be gone and signing Worilds is going to be a problem.
Taylor is gone period. I also don't believe we will resign worilds. I can see Troy retiring. I'm not worried about the Steelers. We are always close to the cap and Kahn always makes it work.
Taylor is gone period. I also don't believe we will resign worilds. I can see Troy retiring. I'm not worried about the Steelers. We are always close to the cap and Kahn always makes it work.
The thing that makes the Steelers work are LeBeau and Roethlisberger. Everything else is just window dressing.
-
we just signed 9 free agents. two kickers included
-
-
yard barker.com
-
I draft best 2 lineman in draft then get really aggressive in FA. i. e. Julius Thomas TE and D. Thomas WR. Draft smart and buy ready to go talent.
I draft best 2 lineman in draft then get really aggressive in FA. i. e. Julius Thomas TE and D. Thomas WR. Draft smart and buy ready to go talent.
The problem with signing any of Manning's receivers is that their pay grade will be determined by what the did with an elite QB. Without a comparable talent at the QB position, they won't be able to play up to their contract.
Whoever signs these guys either need to have a franchise QB in place or be willing to accept that they're overpaying.
-
Taylor is gone period. I also don't believe we will resign worilds. I can see Troy retiring. I'm not worried about the Steelers. We are always close to the cap and Kahn always makes it work.
The thing that makes the Steelers work are LeBeau and Roethlisberger. Everything else is just window dressing.
I hate the Steelers but Antonio Brown is a star.The thing that makes the Steelers work are LeBeau and Roethlisberger. Everything else is just window dressing.
LaVeon Bell is a star.
Troy Palomalu had a hall of fame career.
James Harrison was an animal.
The list goes on, The Steelers draft GREAT and it's why they have kicked ass for a while.
-
If Worilds comes free and we stay in the 3-4, we should absolutely nab him.
-
Sheard was a guy I really liked when we drafted him and Ive felt all along that he's out of position in this defense and at LB.....
If I had a 4-3, then Id sign him and put him back at DE, where I think he'd be very productive...
-
I draft best 2 lineman in draft then get really aggressive in FA. i. e. Julius Thomas TE and D. Thomas WR. Draft smart and buy ready to go talent.
The problem with signing any of Manning's receivers is that their pay grade will be determined by what the did with an elite QB. Without a comparable talent at the QB position, they won't be able to play up to their contract.
Whoever signs these guys either need to have a franchise QB in place or be willing to accept that they're overpaying.
The problem with signing any of Manning's receivers is that their pay grade will be determined by what the did with an elite QB. Without a comparable talent at the QB position, they won't be able to play up to their contract.
Whoever signs these guys either need to have a franchise QB in place or be willing to accept that they're overpaying.
Its a mutual relationship, a QB has to be able to get the ball to his WR's. That said, if you give either Thomas on Denver squad a remotely capable QB, both will produce. Mainly Demarius.
I think Julius doesn't like some of the physical play that can be associated with an inline TE.
-
The Browns need RANDALL COBB !
And draft a fast, dyanamic wr with one of the first two picks.
-
which is why I kind of wish we went back to a 4-3.
We suck at the 3-4 because we never draft the front 7 for it.
You need good linebackers and DL and we never have them. We get ran on all the time.
I really wish we would revert back to the 4-3 but it will never happen
-
Baltimore's D has been under the league avg rush YPA every year of its existence.
First round should be OL, DL. Second round LB.
-
I'm completely onboard with signing Mike Iupati; seen him play enough times to know he'll be worth whatever we (try to) sign him to.
-
Taylor is gone period. I also don't believe we will resign worilds. I can see Troy retiring. I'm not worried about the Steelers. We are always close to the cap and Kahn always makes it work.
The thing that makes the Steelers work are LeBeau and Roethlisberger. Everything else is just window dressing.
The thing that makes the Steelers work are LeBeau and Roethlisberger. Everything else is just window dressing.
Nah- Walter has it more objectively.
I hate the Steelers but Antonio Brown is a star. Pro Bowl
LaVeon Bell is a star. Pro Bowl
Troy Palomalu had a hall of fame career.
James Harrison was an animal. Suddenly found the Fountain of Youth back in Steel City, or a big stash of HGH-
The list goes on, The Steelers draft GREAT and it's why they have kicked ass for a while.
-
The Steelers have had their great hits in the draft, and great misses. But over time, their hits have taken
the squeelers to the playoffs, and other players were enabled to be able to succeed far more than
they otherwise may have. So much so, they started getting it right.
And, since I hate them, the steelers draft cheap shot artists like Pollyisfullapupu, and Harrison, Von Cheapshotten, and others.
Didn't hear all that much from Harrison when he left. That's why he wanted to come back so badly.
HINT: The squeelers couldn't cheapshot their way to the superbowl this time, and they lost. And the refs
didn't help them at key times, and they LOST.
HINT: The lions lost. All that defense (cheap shot Suh, and a few others), all that talent on offense....
Lost.
It isn't all that easy, and the Browns in the past, have drafted nitwillies who should not have been drafted.
that isn't the case now so much, it just isn't easy. Now, the Browns have a philosopy, and a plan.
Did I mention that the steelers are eggsucking, three river, scum-licking larvae?
They also draft, as much as possible, players with speed, and a love for the game.
The Browns have drafted guys who looked good in college, and on paper. Like Braylon Edwards.
And Junkin, etc etc etc.
It made a huge difference in the long run. And with their passing game to the wr's who are very, very fast,
and quick and SMART... any rb has a far, far better ability to run against zero eight man fronts.
Worst picksAlonzo Jackson, DE, Florida State: Second-round pick in 2003 couldn't make the transition to outside linebacker and lasted just two seasons with the Steelers.Bruce Davis, DE, UCLA: Third-round pick in 2008, Davis played just one season for the Steelers and didn't record a tackle.Ricardo Colclough, CB, Tusculum: Didn't start a game or make an interception in four seasons with the Steelers, who traded up to take him in the second round in 2004.Willie Reid, WR/RS, Florida State: Never showed the explosiveness he did as a return man in college, and Steelers released the 2006 third-round pick after two seasons.Anthony Smith, S, Syracuse: Looked like a future star after a strong rookie campaign in 2006, but Steelers didn't try to re-signformer third-round pick after 2008 season.Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login