Skip to content

Pettine fined?

The Browns Board
21 9 936
  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Apples and oranges comparison.

  • Apples and oranges comparison.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Apples and oranges comparison.

    Harrumph!!!

    You never saw Vince Lombardi, strolling in to work whenever he damn well felt like it! He led by example!

    😁

    WSS

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Pettine hasn't proved himself to be Lombardi yet but he is headed in the right direction.

  • Pettine hasn't proved himself to be Lombardi yet but he is headed in the right direction.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Pettine hasn't proved himself to be Lombardi yet but he is headed in the right direction.

    Yeah I was being facetious in case you missed it.

    WSS

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I got it. πŸ™‚ Makes you wonder though how a coach like Lombardi would do today? Things are a lot different now than the 60's.

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #10

    When Mangini was here I thought some of his discipline was petty. I think Pettine has got a good balance of being a players coach and being a disciplinarian.

  • When Mangini was here I thought some of his discipline was petty. I think Pettine has got a good balance of being a players coach and being a disciplinarian.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    When Mangini was here I thought some of his discipline was petty. I think Pettine has got a good balance of being a players coach and being a disciplinarian.

    I don't recall "petty", but clearly Pet is a far more approachable, relatable person than Mangini.

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Tour I was thinking when Mangini fined the players $1,700 each, one for not paying for a $3 dollar bottle of water and the other for not paying for an in room movie. There were some other things too like fining players for parking in the wrong stall, players filing grievances over length of practices. I know he was trying to install discipline but the way he was doing it seemed to come across as petty and I don't think the players respected Mangini for it.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Apparently its do as I say, not as I do.

  • Tour I was thinking when Mangini fined the players $1,700 each, one for not paying for a $3 dollar bottle of water and the other for not paying for an in room movie. There were some other things too like fining players for parking in the wrong stall, players filing grievances over length of practices. I know he was trying to install discipline but the way he was doing it seemed to come across as petty and I don't think the players respected Mangini for it.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #14

    Mangini parked in your wife?

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Tour I was thinking when Mangini fined the players $1,700 each, one for not paying for a $3 dollar bottle of water and the other for not paying for an in room movie. There were some other things too like fining players for parking in the wrong stall, players filing grievances over length of practices. I know he was trying to install discipline but the way he was doing it seemed to come across as petty and I don't think the players respected Mangini for it.

    lol... Well that certainly qualifies as petty.

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #15

    What is that supposed to mean? Parked in my wife? Qualifies as petty lol. Brother you are way out of line.

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Johnny in Gordon showing up late to sign autographs at Walmart would be more similar to the coach showing up late for a presser. Any links on fine??

  • What is that supposed to mean? Parked in my wife? Qualifies as petty lol. Brother you are way out of line.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    What is that supposed to mean? Parked in my wife? Qualifies as petty lol. Brother you are way out of line.

    lol... sorry, not meant for you. Above the quote box means it refers to the prior post... in this case DieHard's.

    As for the actual "wife" line... park was my twist on an old line that predates your arrival. The original used verb you'd find much more objectionable.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    What is that supposed to mean? Parked in my wife? Qualifies as petty lol. Brother you are way out of line.

    lol... sorry, not meant for you. Above the quote box means it refers to the prior post... in this case DieHard's.

    As for the actual "wife" line... park was my twist on an old line that predates your arrival. The original used verb you'd find much more objectionable.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tour2ma said:

    . Above the quote box means it refers to the prior post...

    Get outta dodge!

    I never knew that.....really

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    Apples and oranges comparison.

    Harrumph!!!

    You never saw Vince Lombardi, strolling in to work whenever he damn well felt like it! He led by example!

    😁

    WSS

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @westside-steve said:

    Harrumph!!!

    You never saw Vince Lombardi, strolling in to work whenever he damn well felt like it! He led by example!

    😁

    WSS

    LOL!

    Check THIS out re Max McGee of Lombardi's Packers...

    In the 1966 season, McGee caught only four passes for 91 yards and a touchdown as the Packers recorded a 12-2 record and advanced to Super Bowl I against the Kansas City Chiefs. McGee did not expect to play in the game and he violated his team's curfew policy and spent the night before the Super Bowl out on the town. The next morning he told starting receiver Boyd Dowler, "I hope you don't get hurt. I'm not in very good shape," alluding to his hangover.[3] Dowler went down with a separated shoulder on the Packers' second drive of the game, and McGee, who had to borrow a teammate's helmet because he had not brought his own out of the locker room, was put into the game. A few plays later, McGee made a one-handed reception of a pass from Bart Starr, took off past Chiefs defender Fred Williamson and ran 37 yards to score the first touchdown in Super Bowl history. By the end of the game, McGee had recorded seven receptions for 138 yards and two touchdowns, assisting Green Bay to a 35-10 victory.

    Mike

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    What is that supposed to mean? Parked in my wife? Qualifies as petty lol. Brother you are way out of line.

    lol... sorry, not meant for you. Above the quote box means it refers to the prior post... in this case DieHard's.

    As for the actual "wife" line... park was my twist on an old line that predates your arrival. The original used verb you'd find much more objectionable.

    OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... sorry, not meant for you. Above the quote box means it refers to the prior post... in this case DieHard's.

    As for the actual "wife" line... park was my twist on an old line that predates your arrival. The original used verb you'd find much more objectionable.

    Thanks. I wasn't understanding where you were coming from. I appreciate you clearing that up.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Damn Mike don't give JM more ideas. It's hard enough just getting him to come to rehab. πŸ˜›