Question
-
As I said, we could identify one or two coaches ever that went from a successful college coaching career to a successful NFL coaching career then back to a successful college coaching career. (and yes, Harbaugh has been a success at both his first college gig and his NFL gig). Can he be one of the few to go back and be successful again in college.....and by successful I mean conference championship level success.
The answer to me is: I suspect so. He has certainly proven to have coaching acumen. He will certainly have resources (read: money) at Michigan. Certainly he has gone to a school with tradition. If he fails, i.e. if his teams are only like .500 or slightly above and below....and if he regularly loses to OSU and MSU, then, I think, it would be a surprise.
-
Rich Rodriguez is a better coach than harbaugh and couldn't win at michigan. But he has everywhere else.
-
Ahhhh, the trolls. The OSU trolls.... Now you guys just sound worried. Knocking Harbaughs choice to dump Smith even though it led to him having the 5th highest winning percentage in the NFL all time.
Fuck it. Best of luck with your coach. I'm ecstatic about ours. Keep on trolling, it shows you're worried.
Where the fuck do you think you're posting? We're ohio, genius. We both hate Michigan and coaches called harbaugh. If you want someone to gargle Harbaughs nutsack with you I'm sure they'll do it on the Detroit Lions forum.
Where the fuck do you think you're posting? We're ohio, genius. We both hate Michigan and coaches called harbaugh. If you want someone to gargle Harbaughs nutsack with you I'm sure they'll do it on the Detroit Lions forum.
You don't have to gargle anything. I just ask for common sense and a little less ridiculous bias
-
As I said, we could identify one or two coaches ever that went from a successful college coaching career to a successful NFL coaching career then back to a successful college coaching career. (and yes, Harbaugh has been a success at both his first college gig and his NFL gig). Can he be one of the few to go back and be successful again in college.....and by successful I mean conference championship level success.
The answer to me is: I suspect so. He has certainly proven to have coaching acumen. He will certainly have resources (read: money) at Michigan. Certainly he has gone to a school with tradition. If he fails, i.e. if his teams are only like .500 or slightly above and below....and if he regularly loses to OSU and MSU, then, I think, it would be a surprise.
As I said, we could identify one or two coaches ever that went from a successful college coaching career to a successful NFL coaching career then back to a successful college coaching career. (and yes, Harbaugh has been a success at both his first college gig and his NFL gig). Can he be one of the few to go back and be successful again in college.....and by successful I mean conference championship level success.
The answer to me is: I suspect so. He has certainly proven to have coaching acumen. He will certainly have resources (read: money) at Michigan. Certainly he has gone to a school with tradition. If he fails, i.e. if his teams are only like .500 or slightly above and below....and if he regularly loses to OSU and MSU, then, I think, it would be a surprise.
Oh my god, thank you. This is coming from the guy who's anti Michigan bias is so strong, he thinks Akron has a better engineering school. If Gipper can type up a pretty much unbiased, though put comment, I would think the rest of you could too
-
Rich Rodriguez is a better coach than harbaugh and couldn't win at michigan. But he has everywhere else.
Rich Rodriguez is a better coach than harbaugh and couldn't win at michigan. But he has everywhere else.
Sure thing buddy. Whatever you say.
-
As I said, we could identify one or two coaches ever that went from a successful college coaching career to a successful NFL coaching career then back to a successful college coaching career. (and yes, Harbaugh has been a success at both his first college gig and his NFL gig). Can he be one of the few to go back and be successful again in college.....and by successful I mean conference championship level success.
The answer to me is: I suspect so. He has certainly proven to have coaching acumen. He will certainly have resources (read: money) at Michigan. Certainly he has gone to a school with tradition. If he fails, i.e. if his teams are only like .500 or slightly above and below....and if he regularly loses to OSU and MSU, then, I think, it would be a surprise.
Oh my god, thank you. This is coming from the guy who's anti Michigan bias is so strong, he thinks Akron has a better engineering school. If Gipper can type up a pretty much unbiased, though put comment, I would think the rest of you could too
Oh my god, thank you. This is coming from the guy who's anti Michigan bias is so strong, he thinks Akron has a better engineering school. If Gipper can type up a pretty much unbiased, though put comment, I would think the rest of you could too
Here's an unbiased comment. Michigan sucks, has sucked for a long time and harbaugh is not going to come in and instantly make them better than Ohio State. It's not like Ohio State's coach is just some jack-off. Jim Harbaugh mysteriously left San Francisco which is just inexplicable and I'm not impressed by him. But it will be nice to have some semblance of a rivalry back because Michigan has been stinky for a good long while.
-
1) Never said we'd instantly be better
2) How was it inexplicably? He went home. Is it really that crazy?
3) Idk what else he'd have to do so the mighty cysko is impressed.
4) Yeah, no rivalry. We've totally gotten blown out every year... Smh
-
Yes it's inexplicable that you'd leave an nfl team that's been in contention every year to go back to college ball. Absolutely inexplicable. Saban failed so it was an easy decision.
-
Michigan hasn't been good in long enough that Michigan state is a better rivalry. Sad, isn't it?
That being said we as ohio state fans enjoy rubbing dirt in Michigan's face.
-
You were saying earlier in this thread that Harbaugh quit and was admitting defeat... now he's leaving a team that's in contention each year? Which is it?
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Idk what you association with OSU is but you know nothing about Michigan. I'm sorry you can't comprehend why he left the NFL, I guess it is beyond you. Harbaugh came home. He loves this school and he wants to return them to greatness. He could have gone to a number of other NFL jobs if he wanted, whether they were open or not, and he chose Michigan. He came home.
-
You are so busy sucking his dick you haven't bothered to wonder why he left and was also fired from the nfl? Well if you want a guy who bails the second times get tough you got your man.
-
You are so busy sucking his dick you haven't bothered to wonder why he left and was also fired from the nfl? Well if you want a guy who bails the second times get tough you got your man.
You are so busy sucking his dick you haven't bothered to wonder why he left and was also fired from the nfl? Well if you want a guy who bails the second times get tough you got your man.
Lol, you're an idiot. What do you k ow about the situation? He clashed with the ownership and they removed him. The players loved him, and the fans are pissed they got rid of him. He didn't quit on anything, he didn't bail. He came home to the school he loves to help rebuild us. Again, idk what your affiliation with OSU is, but you know nothing about Michigan. It must suck to be a fan of a school where the idea of a guy returning from the NFL is completely foreign. (Also, if you want to talk about coaches bolting when it gets tough, look at Meyer at UF).
I'm guessing I've read a lot more about this than you. What happened in SF, why he's returning, etc has all already been addressed. It seems like a lot on here can't look by their own bias and can only, pathetically, try to insult the Harbaugh hire. Like I've said before, your grasping at straws is sad and it makes me think you're worried.
Best of luck against Bama.
Try not to be such a pathetic asshole when it comes to Harbaugh though. Acting like he isn't a top coach, or that he ran from the NFL with all of the success he was having, is just Retarded.
-
You probably have because as I've told you I couldn't give a fuck about Michigan except that they lose to OSU once a year as they should. I don't care about Jim harbaugh or where he coaches. I find it hilarious that he is the winningest coach to ever completely lose a team and get bounced from his job. I hope it works out for you but I don't care one way or the other.
-
You probably have because as I've told you I couldn't give a fuck about Michigan except that they lose to OSU once a year as they should. I don't care about Jim harbaugh or where he coaches. I find it hilarious that he is the winningest coach to ever completely lose a team and get bounced from his job. I hope it works out for you but I don't care one way or the other.
You probably have because as I've told you I couldn't give a fuck about Michigan except that they lose to OSU once a year as they should. I don't care about Jim harbaugh or where he coaches. I find it hilarious that he is the winningest coach to ever completely lose a team and get bounced from his job. I hope it works out for you but I don't care one way or the other.
Right, you don't know what you're talking about. You only know "insult Michigan" and when you try to talk about things like this you embarrass yourself.
-
You're so hilariously worked up over this, woody. Michigan is garbage harbaugh is garbage and you amuse me.
-
I have sick kids and therefore a reason to be home on the internet on new years day. What's your excuse for your shitty vitriol filled posts here and on the political forum. Did lizard squad ruin your social life?
-
I'm sick...
What's your excuse for being an idiot though? I'm not as worked up as you think, but your constant need to push these idiotic statements makes me wonder...
-
You trying to call me an idiot is rich and I'm not offended because you're really really poor at eliciting any sort of reaction from me on your posts, mainly because they're infantile, poorly written and positively reek of absolute homerism. Whoopity doo. You went to Michigan. Let's hope their engineering program is better than their football one cause they're terrible.
-
Lol... Yep. My posts reek of homerism...
I'm not calling you an idiot to get a rise out of you. I'm calling you an idiot because that's all this conversation has shown me. Your statements on the Harbaugh hire are idiotic, not based around any fact, and are just a sad attempt to troll. I guess I'm feeding your troll though, which is my fault.
-
What's the real skinny woody? He was pining away for michigan for the last four years and even though he was in a great position to compete for a super bowl all he could do was dream of going back to college to coach a team that's just flat out not very good? I doubted lebron on his "I just want to home" bit and I doubt harbaugh on it. I'm sure it's got nothing to do with the money and the not having the the pressure The nfl entails. College level ball is a drop in every way. that's fine for a coach that fails at the next level but harbaugh is supposed to be something isn't he? Like I said I've never been impressed by him. But you seem to be.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login