Skip to content

End of Season Awards....2014

The Browns Board
27 16 1.1k
  • @calfoxwc said:

    About T J Ward...I think there must have been something going on

    with negotiations, or his conduct/work ethic or something.

    I agree there were problems there and think he wasn't a good teamer when the chips were down....

    His last year here, I know there were a couple incidents in the locker room with him after some losses....basically finger pointing, yelling and crying out loud...and not in a good constructive way....and not "like a Brown"

    I also noticed that none of his teammates spoke up about him leaving either.....they were all like... "whatever....see ya"

    @mudfly said:

    I agree there were problems there and think he wasn't a good teamer when the chips were down....

    His last year here, I know there were a couple incidents in the locker room with him after some losses....basically finger pointing, yelling and crying out loud...and not in a good constructive way....and not "like a Brown"

    I also noticed that none of his teammates spoke up about him leaving either.....they were all like... "whatever....see ya"

    TJ Ward (along with Phil Dawson) were not offered a contract to stay by the Banner/Lombardi regime.

    Great thread Mud.

  • It was a distraction, could have been a bit of controversy in

    the lockerroom, I don't know.

    What does his t shirt have to do with

    being on your way out onto the field

    for the biggest game of the year, outside

    of playing Pittspuke?

    Just my opinion. I think they played their worst game of the year to that week.

    @calfoxwc said:

    What does his t shirt have to do with

    being on your way out onto the field

    for the biggest game of the year, outside

    of playing Pittspuke?

    exactly. it has nothing to do with anything except his opinion, which i don't agree with BUT this is america.

    anyways, he was a great addition to the team, there's no ifs, ands or buts about that.

  • Yes, he was. I just wonder if that was controversial in the lockerroom.

    The Browns played their worst up to that time, and I just wonder.

    Just my dumb opinion. I have those once in a while here...

  • @mudfly said:

    I agree there were problems there and think he wasn't a good teamer when the chips were down....

    His last year here, I know there were a couple incidents in the locker room with him after some losses....basically finger pointing, yelling and crying out loud...and not in a good constructive way....and not "like a Brown"

    I also noticed that none of his teammates spoke up about him leaving either.....they were all like... "whatever....see ya"

    TJ Ward (along with Phil Dawson) were not offered a contract to stay by the Banner/Lombardi regime.

    Great thread Mud.

    @canton-dawg said:

    TJ Ward (along with Phil Dawson) were not offered a contract to stay by the Banner/Lombardi regime.

    Great thread Mud.

    Probably because they both said "don't bother". Both wanted to play for winning teams- could have franchised Ward- not worth it- and Dawson signed with SF for less money than he was getting from the Browns.

  • Seemed like a good place to post Reed's take on D-Backfield's year. Not a great deal different than our consensus view.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/secondary_was_primary_reason_f.html

  • Seemed like a good place to post Reed's take on D-Backfield's year. Not a great deal different than our consensus view.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/secondary_was_primary_reason_f.html

    @tour2ma said:

    Seemed like a good place to post Reed's take on D-Backfield's year. Not a great deal different than our consensus view.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/secondary_was_primary_reason_f.html

    Interesting how low they have Skrine rated. would have expected a little better really.....

    Even before seeing that, I had justified that he'll probably be gone....Desir, Williams and Gilbert will be expected to step in and handle it

  • @tour2ma said:

    Seemed like a good place to post Reed's take on D-Backfield's year. Not a great deal different than our consensus view.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/secondary_was_primary_reason_f.html

    Interesting how low they have Skrine rated. would have expected a little better really.....

    Even before seeing that, I had justified that he'll probably be gone....Desir, Williams and Gilbert will be expected to step in and handle it

    @mudfly said:

    ...Desir, Williams and Gilbert will be expected to step in and handle it

    Or... Williams, Desir and Gilbert... 😉

    Plus I am sure at least one, fresh college face will be added to our DB stable... more if Desir gets Safety work.