Skip to content

Cardale Jones

The Browns Board
221 44 8.6k
  • If he does come out.....what would you guys think? not sure i'm willing to spend one of our 1st rounders on him but if things don't look good and we trade down he could be there.

    @clevfan4life said:

    If he does come out.....what would you guys think? not sure i'm willing to spend one of our 1st rounders on him but if things don't look good and we trade down he could be there.

    What do you see him as? Pretty much everybody is saying he's not NFL ready, so are you willing to spend a 2nd rounder on a project QB? Similarly big-armed, big bodied QBs like Mettenberger and Logan Thomas went in the 6th last time.

  • Another thing to consider is right now his stock is as high as it will possibly get. Once the formal draft process begins and the high of the championship wears off his stock will fall some, at least in my opinion. I'd be shocked if he does go despite his upside if he went in the first four rounds.

  • Another thing to consider is right now his stock is as high as it will possibly get. Once the formal draft process begins and the high of the championship wears off his stock will fall some, at least in my opinion. I'd be shocked if he does go despite his upside if he went in the first four rounds.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Another thing to consider is right now his stock is as high as it will possibly get. Once the formal draft process begins and the high of the championship wears off his stock will fall some

    Id agree with this......

    Soon, all the draft publications will come out....opinions will start flying....."media babes" will be born ....and good players(today) will evolve into sure fire superstars by draft time....book it!

    and some freak(maybe Cardale) will run really fast and jump really high at the combine and suddenly become the best prospect ever.....

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Another thing to consider is right now his stock is as high as it will possibly get. Once the formal draft process begins and the high of the championship wears off his stock will fall some

    Id agree with this......

    Soon, all the draft publications will come out....opinions will start flying....."media babes" will be born ....and good players(today) will evolve into sure fire superstars by draft time....book it!

    and some freak(maybe Cardale) will run really fast and jump really high at the combine and suddenly become the best prospect ever.....

    @mudfly said:

    Id agree with this......

    Soon, all the draft publications will come out....opinions will start flying....."media babes" will be born ....and good players(today) will evolve into sure fire superstars by draft time....book it!

    and some freak(maybe Cardale) will run really fast and jump really high at the combine and suddenly become the best prospect ever.....

    I do wonder though, how many QBs have such a small, but high profile sample set? Tannehill was considered risky because he only had 17(?) starts, Jones only has 3. Objectively, I'd like to see him transfer because presumably he won't beat out both Miller and Barrett for the starting gig, and he really needs some game time to showcase his ability.

  • @mudfly said:

    Id agree with this......

    Soon, all the draft publications will come out....opinions will start flying....."media babes" will be born ....and good players(today) will evolve into sure fire superstars by draft time....book it!

    and some freak(maybe Cardale) will run really fast and jump really high at the combine and suddenly become the best prospect ever.....

    I do wonder though, how many QBs have such a small, but high profile sample set? Tannehill was considered risky because he only had 17(?) starts, Jones only has 3. Objectively, I'd like to see him transfer because presumably he won't beat out both Miller and Barrett for the starting gig, and he really needs some game time to showcase his ability.

    @gftchris said:

    I do wonder though, how many QBs have such a small, but high profile sample set? Tannehill was considered risky because he only had 17(?) starts, Jones only has 3. Objectively, I'd like to see him transfer because presumably he won't beat out both Miller and Barrett for the starting gig, and he really needs some game time to showcase his ability.

    Yep....I think a transfer is in his best interest. ....he could and should go to an FCS school to play another year.....heck, he could even go DIV 2 now, because no matter where he goes, they will all be watching very closely....

    He has to declare by tomorrow, so we will know soon enough if this discussion is even relevant right now.....

  • @gftchris said:

    I do wonder though, how many QBs have such a small, but high profile sample set? Tannehill was considered risky because he only had 17(?) starts, Jones only has 3. Objectively, I'd like to see him transfer because presumably he won't beat out both Miller and Barrett for the starting gig, and he really needs some game time to showcase his ability.

    Yep....I think a transfer is in his best interest. ....he could and should go to an FCS school to play another year.....heck, he could even go DIV 2 now, because no matter where he goes, they will all be watching very closely....

    He has to declare by tomorrow, so we will know soon enough if this discussion is even relevant right now.....

    @mudfly said:

    Yep....I think a transfer is in his best interest. ....he could and should go to an FCS school to play another year.....heck, he could even go DIV 2 now, because no matter where he goes, they will all be watching very closely....

    He has to declare by tomorrow, so we will know soon enough if this discussion is even relevant right now.....

    He surely won't declare?

  • @mudfly said:

    Yep....I think a transfer is in his best interest. ....he could and should go to an FCS school to play another year.....heck, he could even go DIV 2 now, because no matter where he goes, they will all be watching very closely....

    He has to declare by tomorrow, so we will know soon enough if this discussion is even relevant right now.....

    He surely won't declare?

    @gftchris said:

    He surely won't declare?

    I have no idea what he'll do.....it's a HUGE decision for a kid to make on such short notice.....just a month ago this wasn't even a glimmer of a possibility for him, so you know his head is spinning from all the attention and opinions.....

    Personally, if I was E. Meyer, Id be starting him next season and would be telling him that. My thinking is that, even as good as Barrett and Miller were, Cardale proved he could win it all and be a championship QB.....while the other 2 are still just potential winners.....

    I doubt Meyer does that....but, I would.....

  • Cardale had the #2 job won in spring ball over JT.

    The reason he didn't get the start against Navy is that his bad decision-making was worse than the other 2. However, Cardale's highs.. are so much higher than anything JT or Braxton could ever do. In other words, Cardale's variance is greater at this point.. and if he works on being consistent in the offseason, Cardale is the obvious and only starting choice.

    Cardale is a more accurate Cam Newton.

  • he may be on the same intellectual level as Leon Spinks but it might be a wise decision, depending on how the rankings shape up, to declare and take the money now. No idea what could happen over the course of the season next year. And a first round or a second round rookie contract is guaranteed for a while, right? It's not like he's going to finish his degree and take over the job of chief of staff at the Cleveland Clinic.

    WSS

  • Cardale reversed is Eladrac

    name contains 7 letters - 42.86% vowels and 57.14% consonants.

    Anagrams: Craedla Daralec Daacelr Cadreal Aredlac
    Misspells: Cordale Caldale Carrdale Cardalea Cradale Cardael Cardlae
    Rhymes: Airedale Bloomingdale Chippendale Clydesdale Glendale Mondale Scottsdale curtail gunwale bobtail carrell detail

    Meaning of this name is unknown.

    Famous people: John Bate Cardale, Paul Cardale, Effie Julia Margaret Cardale

    Writers: Marianne Cardale Schrimpff, John Bate Cardale

    Usage: 34% firstname, 66% surname.
    Cardale first name was found 43 times in 2 different countries. (USA,UK)
    Surname Cardale is used at least 81 times in at least 3 countries.

  • Cardale reversed is Eladrac

    name contains 7 letters - 42.86% vowels and 57.14% consonants.

    Anagrams: Craedla Daralec Daacelr Cadreal Aredlac
    Misspells: Cordale Caldale Carrdale Cardalea Cradale Cardael Cardlae
    Rhymes: Airedale Bloomingdale Chippendale Clydesdale Glendale Mondale Scottsdale curtail gunwale bobtail carrell detail

    Meaning of this name is unknown.

    Famous people: John Bate Cardale, Paul Cardale, Effie Julia Margaret Cardale

    Writers: Marianne Cardale Schrimpff, John Bate Cardale

    Usage: 34% firstname, 66% surname.
    Cardale first name was found 43 times in 2 different countries. (USA,UK)
    Surname Cardale is used at least 81 times in at least 3 countries.

    @the-gipper said:

    Cardale reversed is Eladrac

    name contains 7 letters - 42.86% vowels and 57.14% consonants.

    Anagrams: Craedla Daralec Daacelr Cadreal Aredlac

    Misspells: Cordale Caldale Carrdale Cardalea Cradale Cardael Cardlae

    Rhymes: Airedale Bloomingdale Chippendale Clydesdale Glendale Mondale Scottsdale curtail gunwale bobtail carrell detail

    Meaning of this name is unknown.

    Famous people: John Bate Cardale, Paul Cardale, Effie Julia Margaret Cardale

    Writers: Marianne Cardale Schrimpff, John Bate Cardale

    Usage: 34% firstname, 66% surname.

    Cardale first name was found 43 times in 2 different countries. (USA,UK)

    Surname Cardale is used at least 81 times in at least 3 countries.

    Thanks, Gippipedia.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Cardale reversed is Eladrac

    name contains 7 letters - 42.86% vowels and 57.14% consonants.

    Anagrams: Craedla Daralec Daacelr Cadreal Aredlac

    Misspells: Cordale Caldale Carrdale Cardalea Cradale Cardael Cardlae

    Rhymes: Airedale Bloomingdale Chippendale Clydesdale Glendale Mondale Scottsdale curtail gunwale bobtail carrell detail

    Meaning of this name is unknown.

    Famous people: John Bate Cardale, Paul Cardale, Effie Julia Margaret Cardale

    Writers: Marianne Cardale Schrimpff, John Bate Cardale

    Usage: 34% firstname, 66% surname.

    Cardale first name was found 43 times in 2 different countries. (USA,UK)

    Surname Cardale is used at least 81 times in at least 3 countries.

    Thanks, Gippipedia.

  • Hard to think of a bolder move than making Jones a #1. Maybe it is time.

  • Hard to think of a bolder move than making Jones a #1. Maybe it is time.

    @tour2ma said:

    Hard to think of a bolder move than making Jones a #1. Maybe it is time.

    He earned a fair shake, but if I were his father I'd advise him to go pro.

  • I think Cardale will win the starting job next year, and JT will sit.

    Cardale had the backup job won after spring ball, but coaches weren't satisfied with his inconsistency.. his highs were well above anything JT or BM could do, but he made a lot of dumb decisions.

    Cardale got married and had a kid earlier this year, and that matured him a lot.

  • Aside from the height and weight, the only comparison I accurately see assessed in relation to him being like JaMarcus or Ben is that all 3 of them had a tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the early portions of their careers.

    Russell obviously being the worst offender.

  • @mudfly said:

    Id agree with this......

    Soon, all the draft publications will come out....opinions will start flying....."media babes" will be born ....and good players(today) will evolve into sure fire superstars by draft time....book it!

    and some freak(maybe Cardale) will run really fast and jump really high at the combine and suddenly become the best prospect ever.....

    I do wonder though, how many QBs have such a small, but high profile sample set? Tannehill was considered risky because he only had 17(?) starts, Jones only has 3. Objectively, I'd like to see him transfer because presumably he won't beat out both Miller and Barrett for the starting gig, and he really needs some game time to showcase his ability.

    @gftchris said:

    I do wonder though, how many QBs have such a small, but high profile sample set? Tannehill was considered risky because he only had 17(?) starts, Jones only has 3. Objectively, I'd like to see him transfer because presumably he won't beat out both Miller and Barrett for the starting gig, and he really needs some game time to showcase his ability.

    I've seen 90% of Miller's and Barrett's starts, and all of Cardale's. I have a strong suspicion Meyer is going to tell Braxton to switch to wr, because his pro potential as a qb is even less than Troy Smith's- he's too fragile. IMHO, he has no chance at beating out the other two.

    @mudfly said:

    I have no idea what he'll do.....it's a HUGE decision for a kid to make on such short notice.....just a month ago this wasn't even a glimmer of a possibility for him, so you know his head is spinning from all the attention and opinions.....

    Personally, if I was U. Meyer, Id be starting him next season and would be telling him that. My thinking is that, even as good as Barrett and Miller were, Cardale proved he could win it all and be a championship QB.....while the other 2 are still just potential winners.....

    I doubt Meyer does that....but, I would.....

    Your thought about Jones transferring to a D II school is interesting Mud. It certainly didn't hurt Flacco. Doubtless based on his performance in the last three games, every pro scout will be watching him like a hawk. Supposedly Meyer is going to sit down today with Cardale and give him his 0.02 as to what he thinks he should do.

    And if the three headed quarterback monster wasn't enough- Urban has this guy waiting in the wings. http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/11/five-star_qb_torrance_gibson_c.html#incart_m-rpt-1

  • from my uninformed and pedestrian view I would find it hard to start anyone over Cardale Jones next year. I think he has turned in some amazing performances.

    One would certainly understand the disappointment of the guys ahead of him but this isn't Pee Wee league.

    that being said he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would hesitate to jump ship at the end of next season.

    WSS

  • Who's Cardale now Zombo you dumb fuck.

    @bamwa said:

    Who's Cardale now Zombo you dumb fuck.

    That wasn't very nice, you ass-fucking Retard.

    Zombo

  • @gftchris said:

    I do wonder though, how many QBs have such a small, but high profile sample set? Tannehill was considered risky because he only had 17(?) starts, Jones only has 3. Objectively, I'd like to see him transfer because presumably he won't beat out both Miller and Barrett for the starting gig, and he really needs some game time to showcase his ability.

    I've seen 90% of Miller's and Barrett's starts, and all of Cardale's. I have a strong suspicion Meyer is going to tell Braxton to switch to wr, because his pro potential as a qb is even less than Troy Smith's- he's too fragile. IMHO, he has no chance at beating out the other two.

    @mudfly said:

    I have no idea what he'll do.....it's a HUGE decision for a kid to make on such short notice.....just a month ago this wasn't even a glimmer of a possibility for him, so you know his head is spinning from all the attention and opinions.....

    Personally, if I was U. Meyer, Id be starting him next season and would be telling him that. My thinking is that, even as good as Barrett and Miller were, Cardale proved he could win it all and be a championship QB.....while the other 2 are still just potential winners.....

    I doubt Meyer does that....but, I would.....

    Your thought about Jones transferring to a D II school is interesting Mud. It certainly didn't hurt Flacco. Doubtless based on his performance in the last three games, every pro scout will be watching him like a hawk. Supposedly Meyer is going to sit down today with Cardale and give him his 0.02 as to what he thinks he should do.

    And if the three headed quarterback monster wasn't enough- Urban has this guy waiting in the wings. http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/11/five-star_qb_torrance_gibson_c.html#incart_m-rpt-1

    @hoorta said:

    I've seen 90% of Miller's and Barrett's starts, and all of Cardale's. I have a strong suspicion Meyer is going to tell Braxton to switch to wr, because his pro potential as a qb is even less than Troy Smith's- he's too fragile. IMHO, he has no chance at beating out the other two.

    Your thought about Jones transferring to a D II school is interesting Mud. It certainly didn't hurt Flacco. Doubtless based on his performance in the last three games, every pro scout will be watching him like a hawk. Supposedly Meyer is going to sit down today with Cardale and give him his 0.02 as to what he thinks he should do.

    And if the three headed quarterback monster wasn't enough- Urban has this guy waiting in the wings. http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/11/five-star_qb_torrance_gibson_c.html#incart_m-rpt-1

    Pretty sure Gibson is gonna be a WR/CB and not go in as a QB, but you never know......plus we just got Kareem Walker too(a 5 star RB prospect).....he will make a good follow up to Elliot...

    and several others thave committed too.....we already have 3 of the top 20....so OSU should be dominant for a while.....🙂