Skip to content

Cardale Jones

The Browns Board
221 44 8.6k
  • If Walter White wants him then he will be a failure.

    @itoldyou said:

    If Walter White wants him then he will be a failure.

    You got me there with all 53 of your post douche fuck

  • If Walter White wants him then he will be a failure.

    @itoldyou said:

    If Walter White wants him then he will be a failure.

    Whatever happened to Poetic G?

  • After considering all the factors.....if I was Cardale, would try to get something from coach Meyer to indicate if I was going to play or not.....and if there was no guarantee(which I highly doubt Meyer would do), then I would declare.....

    I think there is no doubt he would get drafted....but if he stayed at OSU, then there IS doubt, because anything could happen.....

    I say get the money while it's hot.....

    I did some checking for other similar QB's, who were drafted but barely played.......Jay Schreoder is one that I found who only played one college game, yet was drafted in the 3rd round and had a long career......a couple others were Brad Johnson and AJ Feeley, both of whom played less than one college season and still got drafted late(7th & 5th rounds).....

  • I'd like to see him transfer and play a full year as starter somewhere. If I were in his shoes, I'd probably declare, and hope someone takes me as a 3rd round kind of project. Nobody, even the Browns, is surely brave enough to put up a first rounder on him?

  • I'd like to see him transfer and play a full year as starter somewhere. If I were in his shoes, I'd probably declare, and hope someone takes me as a 3rd round kind of project. Nobody, even the Browns, is surely brave enough to put up a first rounder on him?

    @gftchris said:

    I'd like to see him transfer and play a full year as starter somewhere. If I were in his shoes, I'd probably declare, and hope someone takes me as a 3rd round kind of project. Nobody, even the Browns, is surely brave enough to put up a first rounder on him?

    Yeah...I dont know.....

    If he declares and goes to the combine, then anything can happen....if he does well, they will get all googoo eyed and build him up to be superman....

    Pre Draft media build up is insane....by march he could be a freaking God......or even worse, Jamarcus Russell and Jedaveon Clowney

  • If he slips to the second round he will make between 1 million and four million over four or five years. Hardly fuck you money.

    WSS

  • If he slips to the second round he will make between 1 million and four million over four or five years. Hardly fuck you money.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    If he slips to the second round he will make between 1 million and four million over four or five years. Hardly fuck you money.

    WSS

    yep....that's once in a lifetime kinda money.....

    I'd take it....

  • Aside from the height and weight, the only comparison I accurately see assessed in relation to him being like JaMarcus or Ben is that all 3 of them had a tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the early portions of their careers.

    Russell obviously being the worst offender.

    Agree... declare, kid. I guarantee you will be able to cover your tuition, room and board.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Aside from the height and weight, the only comparison I accurately see assessed in relation to him being like JaMarcus or Ben is that all 3 of them had a tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the early portions of their careers.

    Which is better than making bad decisions... something a defensive minded HC just might like.

    There are differences though.

    Ben held because he did not see anything he liked.

    JaMarcus held on because he did not see anything.

    So far Jones looks more like Ben to my eye.

  • And he can throw it 80 freaking yards......which is something very very special......just get him someone fast enough to run under a few of those and it's over....

    An arm like that could create new defensive designs...cause they'll have to have an extra man deep....always....and as shanny would say, thats means it's time to run right...😉

  • True... and I got the feeling that Jones ball would cut through a December wind off the Lake.

    Draft him and keep him the fuck off of ESPN Sport Science...

  • After considering all the factors.....if I was Cardale, would try to get something from coach Meyer to indicate if I was going to play or not.....and if there was no guarantee(which I highly doubt Meyer would do), then I would declare.....

    I think there is no doubt he would get drafted....but if he stayed at OSU, then there IS doubt, because anything could happen.....

    I say get the money while it's hot.....

    I did some checking for other similar QB's, who were drafted but barely played.......Jay Schreoder is one that I found who only played one college game, yet was drafted in the 3rd round and had a long career......a couple others were Brad Johnson and AJ Feeley, both of whom played less than one college season and still got drafted late(7th & 5th rounds).....

    @mudfly said:

    After considering all the factors.....if I was Cardale, would try to get something from coach Meyer to indicate if I was going to play or not.....and if there was no guarantee(which I highly doubt Meyer would do), then I would declare.....

    I think there is no doubt he would get drafted....but if he stayed at OSU, then there IS doubt, because anything could happen.....

    I say get the money while it's hot.....

    I did some checking for other similar QB's, who were drafted but barely played.......Jay Schreoder is one that I found who only played one college game, yet was drafted in the 3rd round and had a long career......a couple others were Brad Johnson and AJ Feeley, both of whom played less than one college season and still got drafted late(7th & 5th rounds).....

    Matt Cassell comes to mind here, as well. Never played in college at USC because he sat behind Leinart and Sanchez his whole time there. Then came into the NFL as Brady's backup and had that one year where the Pats went 12-4 when he came in after Brady tore his ACL. But then Cassell didn't really do anything after that and has been pretty average/below-average since.

  • @mudfly said:

    After considering all the factors.....if I was Cardale, would try to get something from coach Meyer to indicate if I was going to play or not.....and if there was no guarantee(which I highly doubt Meyer would do), then I would declare.....

    I think there is no doubt he would get drafted....but if he stayed at OSU, then there IS doubt, because anything could happen.....

    I say get the money while it's hot.....

    I did some checking for other similar QB's, who were drafted but barely played.......Jay Schreoder is one that I found who only played one college game, yet was drafted in the 3rd round and had a long career......a couple others were Brad Johnson and AJ Feeley, both of whom played less than one college season and still got drafted late(7th & 5th rounds).....

    Matt Cassell comes to mind here, as well. Never played in college at USC because he sat behind Leinart and Sanchez his whole time there. Then came into the NFL as Brady's backup and had that one year where the Pats went 12-4 when he came in after Brady tore his ACL. But then Cassell didn't really do anything after that and has been pretty average/below-average since.

    @utzie said:

    Matt Cassell comes to mind here, as well. Never played in college at USC because he sat behind Leinart and Sanchez his whole time there. Then came into the NFL as Brady's backup and had that one year where the Pats went 12-4 when he came in after Brady tore his ACL. But then Cassell didn't really do anything after that and has been pretty average/below-average since.

    you know, I looked up sanchez because I thought it was him who hadn't played.....now I see I had him confused with Cassell....thanks for jarring my memory

  • I think Cassel did fairly well in KC. (for a while) His NFL career is more illustrious than Lenarts.

    But in New England it was a decent quarterback in a good situation, and in KC it was a decent qb with a lot less tools.

    Beyond that how much comparison between Cassel and Cardale Jones is valid?

  • True... and I got the feeling that Jones ball would cut through a December wind off the Lake.

    Draft him and keep him the fuck off of ESPN Sport Science...

    @tour2ma said:

    True... and I got the feeling that Jones ball would cut through a December wind off the Lake.

    Draft him and keep him the fuck off of ESPN Sport Science...

    My thoughts too. OSU not even my team and I think this guy is for real. The jury is still out but he looks like a cold weather tough QB to me.

  • And he can throw it 80 freaking yards......which is something very very special......just get him someone fast enough to run under a few of those and it's over....

    An arm like that could create new defensive designs...cause they'll have to have an extra man deep....always....and as shanny would say, thats means it's time to run right...😉

    @mudfly said:

    And he can throw it 80 freaking yards......which is something very very special......just get him someone fast enough to run under a few of those and it's over....

    An arm like that could create new defensive designs...cause they'll have to have an extra man deep....always....and as shanny would say, thats means it's time to run right...😉

    So ... Draft Cardale and Devin Smith? 🙂

  • @mudfly said:

    And he can throw it 80 freaking yards......which is something very very special......just get him someone fast enough to run under a few of those and it's over....

    An arm like that could create new defensive designs...cause they'll have to have an extra man deep....always....and as shanny would say, thats means it's time to run right...😉

    So ... Draft Cardale and Devin Smith? 🙂

    @tiamat63 said:

    So ... Draft Cardale and Devin Smith? 🙂

    ha...yes!.....where's Renaldo Neamiah when you need him

    Cardale just announced that he will announce at 3 pm today....from the Ginn Academy.....

    Sounds like a fancy pressy where there's something to say.....id say he's declaring for sure

  • @tiamat63 said:

    So ... Draft Cardale and Devin Smith? 🙂

    ha...yes!.....where's Renaldo Neamiah when you need him

    Cardale just announced that he will announce at 3 pm today....from the Ginn Academy.....

    Sounds like a fancy pressy where there's something to say.....id say he's declaring for sure

    @mudfly said:

    ha...yes!.....where's Renaldo Neamiah when you need him

    Cardale just announced that he will announce at 3 pm today....from the Ginn Academy.....

    Sounds like a fancy pressy where there's something to say.....id say he's declaring for sure

    I saw he tweeted something along the lines of "life changing decision at 3:00pm".

    I don't think returning to school and doing it all over again is changing anything. Looks like he's going pro.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    So ... Draft Cardale and Devin Smith? 🙂

    ha...yes!.....where's Renaldo Neamiah when you need him

    Cardale just announced that he will announce at 3 pm today....from the Ginn Academy.....

    Sounds like a fancy pressy where there's something to say.....id say he's declaring for sure

    @mudfly said:

    ha...yes!.....where's Renaldo Neamiah when you need him

    Cardale just announced that he will announce at 3 pm today....from the Ginn Academy.....

    Sounds like a fancy pressy where there's something to say.....id say he's declaring for sure

    sounds like he's jumping the gun just a little bit with the LeBron James size ego...

    WSS

  • Well, if he's smart, he will hire a top flight coach to get him ready for a pro day and the combine......time to start building a pro....

    Braxton Miller and JT Barrett gotta be thinking.....wtf just happened?!?......hahahaha

  • Braxton Miller better be thinking "I need to work with the Jugs machine three hours a day".