Skip to content

Cardale Jones

The Browns Board
221 44 8.6k
  • @mudfly said:

    ha...yes!.....where's Renaldo Neamiah when you need him

    Cardale just announced that he will announce at 3 pm today....from the Ginn Academy.....

    Sounds like a fancy pressy where there's something to say.....id say he's declaring for sure

    sounds like he's jumping the gun just a little bit with the LeBron James size ego...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    sounds like he's jumping the gun just a little bit with the LeBron James size ego...

    Ummm.... no. Taking his talents to the NFL is a phrase you will not hear.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I agree. However there are times holding onto the ball can be a bad decision, look no further then Cardale rolling out to escape pressure and losing the ball against Oregon.

    Young man has to realize that sometimes its a win to throw it away and live to play another down.

    There are fails in every QB's life. CJ threw away more than a few his run.

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, Johnny Boy yall just got yourself some competition. "Make it so" Farmer. 🙂 🙂 🙂

    Steel cage match?

  • Nevermind...

  • Probably a good thing to go back get more expierence but why a press conference to do it.

  • Wow!...he's staying in school....completely 100% shocked!!!!

  • it will be interesting to see who starts for Ohio State next season.

  • Well, this gives us plenty of time to sort out our QB situation. If Cardale plays well next year, invest a higher pick in him while we continue to build the rest of the team this season.

    I have no problem with that scenario.

  • I'm surprised. The kid showed some class, not that that surprise me but the fact that he didn't take the easy money. Salute.

    WSS

  • I think he did it just to thumb Junkyard Dawg in the eye...

  • could be.....he was all talking bout being a financial advisor and getting educated and stuff......pretty contradictory to that ole tweet, Id say....which makes him a liar too....😉

    special note: thats a joke, for those who cant assimilate...

    my biggest issue is that he was gonna be all the rage for months....now?......we gotta wait a whole year before we can build him and tear him down again...drat!

  • I'm now an even huger fan of this guy.

    When he goes pro, he wants to be a success,

    not just struggle for the quick money.

    Classy. Going to be intriguing to watch him the coming

    year.

  • it will be interesting to see who starts for Ohio State next season.

    @browns1216 said:

    it will be interesting to see who starts for Ohio State next season.

    Cardale starts. He and zeke destroyed Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon. You can't bench him. JT Barrett knows that

    da6a9e84e5dbf1a9b0c8642ad8053dad_crop_no

  • Jesus is that picture real?

  • Yep

  • @browns1216 said:

    it will be interesting to see who starts for Ohio State next season.

    Cardale starts. He and zeke destroyed Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon. You can't bench him. JT Barrett knows that

    da6a9e84e5dbf1a9b0c8642ad8053dad_crop_no

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Cardale starts. He and zeke destroyed Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon. You can't bench him. JT Barrett knows that

    da6a9e84e5dbf1a9b0c8642ad8053dad_crop_no

    He could be bowing his head in prayer...

    Or sulking because he couldn't play

    Either way this team is super close I highly doubt he was throwing a hissy fit

  • I don't really think Braxton is ever going to throw the ball effectively ever again, all star pitchers don't fully recover from that operation.

  • Well, this gives us plenty of time to sort out our QB situation. If Cardale plays well next year, invest a higher pick in him while we continue to build the rest of the team this season.

    I have no problem with that scenario.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Well, this gives us plenty of time to sort out our QB situation. If Cardale plays well next year, invest a higher pick in him while we continue to build the rest of the team this season.

    I have no problem with that scenario.

    I applaud him for wanting to stay and get his degree.

    BUT- let's assume Cardale continues his growth potential, lights it up, the Buckeyes go undefeated and win another National Championship. (Not out of the question,as a lot of pundits had them at one year away). Blows scouts away at the combine. It will be a "Suck for Luck" scenario revisited.

    He'd be the unquestioned #1 overall pick. Unless the Browns play Johnny Jamboogie, and he proceeds to throw the Browns 2015 season in the toilet to the tune of 1-15 (or worse) we will have no shot at him.

  • The more I think about it, I think you have to start Cardale next year. The fact of the matter is that Barrett is still only a sophomore next year and could be the QB for two years after Jones leaves. Assuming that's the case and he even plays 90% like he did to end the season he's a lock top 3 pick. Smart move for the guy for sure.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Cardale starts. He and zeke destroyed Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon. You can't bench him. JT Barrett knows that

    da6a9e84e5dbf1a9b0c8642ad8053dad_crop_no

    He could be bowing his head in prayer...

    Or sulking because he couldn't play

    Either way this team is super close I highly doubt he was throwing a hissy fit

    @adoug319 said:

    He could be bowing his head in prayer...

    Or sulking because he couldn't play

    Either way this team is super close I highly doubt he was throwing a hissy fit

    Maybe he ate some bad custard and his tummy hurts. But most likely he just realized he lost the starting job he just won.

  • I don't really think Braxton is ever going to throw the ball effectively ever again, all star pitchers don't fully recover from that operation.

    @walterwhite said:

    I don't really think Braxton is ever going to throw the ball effectively ever again, all star pitchers don't fully recover from that operation.

    Yeah...I gotta guess that Braxton is done as OSU 's QB.....it'll be Cardale and Barrett......

    Braxtons graduated now, so a transfer if he wants to play QB......or WR if he wants to stay.

    In re to Cardale.....dude can hit too......check this one out....

  • @browns1216 said:

    it will be interesting to see who starts for Ohio State next season.

    Cardale starts. He and zeke destroyed Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon. You can't bench him. JT Barrett knows that

    da6a9e84e5dbf1a9b0c8642ad8053dad_crop_no

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Cardale starts. He and zeke destroyed Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon. You can't bench him. JT Barrett knows that

    da6a9e84e5dbf1a9b0c8642ad8053dad_crop_no

    Can't feel too bad for him. That's the way it goes. He now knows how miller feels