Underclassman draft tracker
-
I feel you, I was really looking at the likes of Robinson, Lee, Beckham, Cooks and thinking they would be great. Fortunately Bitonio panned out or there would have been outrage. I think that's the pick that saved the regime. Still, Farmer better hit on at least one of his first rounders this year...
-
I would seriously consider Peat if he is there at #12 as much as I'd rather start with a great DL (if we don't buy Suh).
Sign Trey Williams as undrafted free agent. Totally underutilized as a 5* with great speed and open field moves/balance. Would be a better return man than we now have. Has good enough hands to convert to slot with serious getaway ability (fastest player on the team). He'd be a steal as a take if undrafted. Nothing to lose in giving him a shot. (A&M has just hired an O line/running game coordinator because Sumlin realized the run game was terribly underutilized in his O). PS-averaged 6.9 yds per carry but just not run often enough to be a factor.
-
Having Jesse James at TE could be fun (and FYI, the original Jesse James was no hero.....getting shot in the back was propitious for him)
And to salve Woody......getting Funchess in Round 2 with our third pick would be fine for me. I would prefer to use the two 1st rounders on Linemen and Linebackers. If he goes in the first round, so be it....but if he is there for the picking in round 2....why not take a shot. He couldn't turn out to be Braylon Jr., could he?
-
I would seriously consider Peat if he is there at #12 as much as I'd rather start with a great DL (if we don't buy Suh).
Sign Trey Williams as undrafted free agent. Totally underutilized as a 5* with great speed and open field moves/balance. Would be a better return man than we now have. Has good enough hands to convert to slot with serious getaway ability (fastest player on the team). He'd be a steal as a take if undrafted. Nothing to lose in giving him a shot. (A&M has just hired an O line/running game coordinator because Sumlin realized the run game was terribly underutilized in his O). PS-averaged 6.9 yds per carry but just not run often enough to be a factor.
A&M has just hired an O line/running game coordinator...
"Running game coordinator"... gotta be a first...
-
A&M has just hired an O line/running game coordinator...
"Running game coordinator"... gotta be a first...
"Running game coordinator"... gotta be a first...
Yep-the reason they won their bowl game is that they spent the entire month working on the running game and then fired the OL coach when the game was over. They had 3 5* running backs to use this year and totally mishandled it. Sumlin is smart enough to see that in the SEC you have to have a true running threat to protect the "normal" QB who is a better pro style passer than JM was.
-
At this point I have no idea what the Browns may go. I could see Dline, pass rusher or receiver.
This draft has quite a bit of talent and depth, so I won't be too upset if we miss out on a specific player I'd want in the first. Plenty of options in the 2nd round.
-
A&M has just hired an O line/running game coordinator...
"Running game coordinator"... gotta be a first...
-
Malcolm Brown, DT - Texas just declared for the draft.
Guy has a wife and two kids. Draft that mofo. Not only is he 'grounded', but he'll play his ass off to feed his family.
-
A&M has just hired an O line/running game coordinator...
"Running game coordinator"... gotta be a first...
-
Having Jesse James at TE could be fun (and FYI, the original Jesse James was no hero.....getting shot in the back was propitious for him)
And to salve Woody......getting Funchess in Round 2 with our third pick would be fine for me. I would prefer to use the two 1st rounders on Linemen and Linebackers. If he goes in the first round, so be it....but if he is there for the picking in round 2....why not take a shot. He couldn't turn out to be Braylon Jr., could he?
Having Jesse James at TE could be fun (and FYI, the original Jesse James was no hero.....getting shot in the back was propitious for him)
And to salve Woody......getting Funchess in Round 2 with our third pick would be fine for me. I would prefer to use the two 1st rounders on Linemen and Linebackers. If he goes in the first round, so be it....but if he is there for the picking in round 2....why not take a shot. He couldn't turn out to be Braylon Jr., could he?

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login