Browns Dysfunctional ....again?
-
@junkyard-dawg said:
So how does one tailor an Offense around a midget who can't throw, can't see over the line, can't read a Defense and can't memorize a playbook? For some losers, like Half Pint, it's just plain impossible.Punt on 3rd and play defense
-
Just to make the message reverberate to the new or jaded Browns fans: this current regime is not dysfunctional. 15 years prior, dysfunction happened...and it's damn hard to do damage control on that. Every Browns fan that's been through it all has to be impressed by the improvements made so far, in just one year.
So our OC is leaving in search of a HC gig...so what. Another day in the NFL offseason. Offense was the biggest issue this year so I'm glad to see problem-Kyle leave. Pettine will get someone in here that he wants to work with and wants to be here.
Just to make the message reverberate to the new or jaded Browns fans: this current regime is not dysfunctional. 15 years prior, dysfunction happened...and it's damn hard to do damage control on that. Every Browns fan that's been through it all has to be impressed by the improvements made so far, in just one year.
So our OC is leaving in search of a HC gig...so what. Another day in the NFL offseason. Offense was the biggest issue this year so I'm glad to see problem-Kyle leave. Pettine will get someone in here that he wants to work with and wants to be here.
Bingo....good post!
-
Once again, back to the thread: Dysfunction suggests (and It could be way off base) that there is a lack of clear roles & responsibilities and/or a difference of opinion on important matters or philosophies. That engenders a lack of trust, the splitting of the team into different fractions or allegiances, internal conflict, backstabbing etc. if that's not happening, then McK had no business using the word or quoting some source that used that word. That would be irresponsible reporting. On the other, if that is the case, then I'll be disappointed because I really agree with Zombo, the culture (minus our first round draft choices and JG) was really starting to change for the better.
Once again, back to the thread: Dysfunction suggests (and It could be way off base) that there is a lack of clear roles & responsibilities and/or a difference of opinion on important matters or philosophies. That engenders a lack of trust, the splitting of the team into different fractions or allegiances, internal conflict, backstabbing etc. if that's not happening, then McK had no business using the word or quoting some source that used that word. That would be irresponsible reporting. On the other, if that is the case, then I'll be disappointed because I really agree with Zombo, the culture (minus our first round draft choices and JG) was really starting to change for the better.
Well according to our pals on the other board- ahem- there were clear roles and boundaries for Shanny. He was constantly trying to overstep them and get "his" players in, and his way- when Farmer and Pettine thought otherwise. Starting with Kirk Cousins. So when he didn't get his way often enough, it was "I'm picking up my football and going home." Low-Gains just plain sucked- good thing to post on your resume- getting fired two years running.
-
Just to make the message reverberate to the new or jaded Browns fans: this current regime is not dysfunctional. 15 years prior, dysfunction happened...and it's damn hard to do damage control on that. Every Browns fan that's been through it all has to be impressed by the improvements made so far, in just one year.
So our OC is leaving in search of a HC gig...so what. Another day in the NFL offseason. Offense was the biggest issue this year so I'm glad to see problem-Kyle leave. Pettine will get someone in here that he wants to work with and wants to be here.
Bingo....good post!
-
Shanahan is so bad other teams want him as a head coach, how many teams clamoring for Manziel? Wilbon hit the nail on the head yesterday, this organization is a joke. Speculation aside the truth is simple this team was 7-9, last in the division and once again not in the playoffs. The 2015 season looks to be one where the most talented skill position player is on his way out, there is another "QB" competition between bums and coaches leaving/fired. Same old shit different day.
-
By the way it seems the Browns may be in trouble for use of phones for texting during the game...
Really?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/09/browns-apparently-violated-electronic-devices-rule/
By the way it seems the Browns may be in trouble for use of phones for texting during the game...
Really?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/09/browns-apparently-violated-electronic-devices-rule/
Yep...but this isn't same ol Browns.
Since we were 7-6 the Browns have:
Sat a 7-6 healthy starter in the midst of playoff hunt against a team u dominated 1 short month prior
Started a rookie would wasn't ready to throw passes at a child's birthday party
Lost an OC before he even h an interview
Fired a qb coach after one year. (Scapegoat)
Letting our qb walk that will probably be top FA in off season.
And being investigated by the nfl for something that probably cost us any chance of getting OC back.
LOsing 5 outta last 6 is not even that big of a deal. The Brown's balls shrunk up to the media and fan Johnny suck off and are paying dearly for it. A lot of u are saying this is just another day in nfl football.....lol.....no this another day in Cleveland browns universe. Half way through the season this team took a very large step forward but in the second half took an even larger step backwards and not even to the off season and they've taken yet another huge step backwards. They are worse off today then when the season started. And that's a fact.
-
Comments made this week by Shannie really has me in the dumps about the Browns. Losing all those games at the end of the season coupled with what we've heard since about the rookies and the texts and QB issues, and now Front Office are at odds with Coaches. My goodness!
Look I'm not a big fan of Shannie and thought he was just an average OC. I won't cry if he leaves. But I thought this new group of owner/Front Office and Coaches were the face of a new franchise and attitude. It kills me to know that they're not a cohesive team looking to build a winning organization.
Thoughts?
Comments made this week by Shannie really has me in the dumps about the Browns. Losing all those games at the end of the season coupled with what we've heard since about the rookies and the texts and QB issues, and now Front Office are at odds with Coaches. My goodness!
Look I'm not a big fan of Shannie and thought he was just an average OC. I won't cry if he leaves. But I thought this new group of owner/Front Office and Coaches were the face of a new franchise and attitude. It kills me to know that they're not a cohesive team looking to build a winning organization.
Thoughts?
it all starts at the top...guess who is at the top....halshit....i have to laugh at some of the threads about oh oh oh, we should sign this guy and that guy...you know what, these folks need to figure out what is going on here...you are right, this is a piece of shit organization....pti host mike wilbon said the same thing...the cleveland browns organization is a stinking rotting organization..those were his words..not only him...he said jimmy halshit didn't even want pettine as the hc. 680 the fan down here in atlanta.. quote the browns are an organization that cannot get anything right...geee ya think.....
-
Comments made this week by Shannie really has me in the dumps about the Browns. Losing all those games at the end of the season coupled with what we've heard since about the rookies and the texts and QB issues, and now Front Office are at odds with Coaches. My goodness!
Look I'm not a big fan of Shannie and thought he was just an average OC. I won't cry if he leaves. But I thought this new group of owner/Front Office and Coaches were the face of a new franchise and attitude. It kills me to know that they're not a cohesive team looking to build a winning organization.
Thoughts?
it all starts at the top...guess who is at the top....halshit....i have to laugh at some of the threads about oh oh oh, we should sign this guy and that guy...you know what, these folks need to figure out what is going on here...you are right, this is a piece of shit organization....pti host mike wilbon said the same thing...the cleveland browns organization is a stinking rotting organization..those were his words..not only him...he said jimmy halshit didn't even want pettine as the hc. 680 the fan down here in atlanta.. quote the browns are an organization that cannot get anything right...geee ya think.....
it all starts at the top...guess who is at the top....halshit....i have to laugh at some of the threads about oh oh oh, we should sign this guy and that guy...you know what, these folks need to figure out what is going on here...you are right, this is a piece of shit organization....pti host mike wilbon said the same thing...the cleveland browns organization is a stinking rotting organization..those were his words..not only him...he said jimmy halshit didn't even want pettine as the hc. 680 the fan down here in atlanta.. quote the browns are an organization that cannot get anything right...geee ya think.....
Don't make sense around here. This board can be like Bill Maher's "from inside the bubble"
-
Comments made this week by Shannie really has me in the dumps about the Browns. Losing all those games at the end of the season coupled with what we've heard since about the rookies and the texts and QB issues, and now Front Office are at odds with Coaches. My goodness!
Look I'm not a big fan of Shannie and thought he was just an average OC. I won't cry if he leaves. But I thought this new group of owner/Front Office and Coaches were the face of a new franchise and attitude. It kills me to know that they're not a cohesive team looking to build a winning organization.
Thoughts?
Comments made this week by Shannie really has me in the dumps about the Browns. Losing all those games at the end of the season coupled with what we've heard since about the rookies and the texts and QB issues, and now Front Office are at odds with Coaches. My goodness!
Look I'm not a big fan of Shannie and thought he was just an average OC. I won't cry if he leaves. But I thought this new group of owner/Front Office and Coaches were the face of a new franchise and attitude. It kills me to know that they're not a cohesive team looking to build a winning organization.
Thoughts?
Yep just like I've stated before. Browns fans get this sense of entitlement when we see a little bit of success. "He is just an average OC" "I won't cry if he leaves" WOWWWWW
Since when are the Brown's to good for average?
Shanahan is one of the up and comers in the nfl. Right now there are 2teams he'd never work for again. Us and skins. This is alarmingto say the least.
This average Joe produced 325 yards per game. He had an AVERAGE nfl oline at best. Hoyer as his qb. Two rookie rbs. And no one wr tall enough to ride the top thrill dragster at cedar point. My god Washington fires his dad and him and he's talking more shit about the Brown's on a "mutual parting of ways?" This is embarrassing. Brand new front office and we got a hot prospect coach walking away saying fuck those guys. And I believe it. Y would he committe career suicide. I like pettinne a lot but his body language tells me "I was a dead man walking the minute I signed my contract. I'll bet any money he doesn't see yr 3 of his ....lol....5yr contract. And the Brown's deserve to pay the WHOLE FUCKING thing
-
Comments made this week by Shannie really has me in the dumps about the Browns. Losing all those games at the end of the season coupled with what we've heard since about the rookies and the texts and QB issues, and now Front Office are at odds with Coaches. My goodness!
Look I'm not a big fan of Shannie and thought he was just an average OC. I won't cry if he leaves. But I thought this new group of owner/Front Office and Coaches were the face of a new franchise and attitude. It kills me to know that they're not a cohesive team looking to build a winning organization.
Thoughts?
Yep just like I've stated before. Browns fans get this sense of entitlement when we see a little bit of success. "He is just an average OC" "I won't cry if he leaves" WOWWWWW
Since when are the Brown's to good for average?
Shanahan is one of the up and comers in the nfl. Right now there are 2teams he'd never work for again. Us and skins. This is alarmingto say the least.
This average Joe produced 325 yards per game. He had an AVERAGE nfl oline at best. Hoyer as his qb. Two rookie rbs. And no one wr tall enough to ride the top thrill dragster at cedar point. My god Washington fires his dad and him and he's talking more shit about the Brown's on a "mutual parting of ways?" This is embarrassing. Brand new front office and we got a hot prospect coach walking away saying fuck those guys. And I believe it. Y would he committe career suicide. I like pettinne a lot but his body language tells me "I was a dead man walking the minute I signed my contract. I'll bet any money he doesn't see yr 3 of his ....lol....5yr contract. And the Brown's deserve to pay the WHOLE FUCKING thing
Yep just like I've stated before. Browns fans get this sense of entitlement when we see a little bit of success. "He is just an average OC" "I won't cry if he leaves" WOWWWWW
Since when are the Brown's to good for average?
Shanahan is one of the up and comers in the nfl. Right now there are 2teams he'd never work for again. Us and skins. This is alarmingto say the least.
This average Joe produced 325 yards per game. He had an AVERAGE nfl oline at best. Hoyer as his qb. Two rookie rbs. And no one wr tall enough to ride the top thrill dragster at cedar point. My god Washington fires his dad and him and he's talking more shit about the Brown's on a "mutual parting of ways?" This is embarrassing. Brand new front office and we got a hot prospect coach walking away saying fuck those guys. And I believe it. Y would he committe career suicide. I like pettinne a lot but his body language tells me "I was a dead man walking the minute I signed my contract. I'll bet any money he doesn't see yr 3 of his ....lol....5yr contract. And the Brown's deserve to pay the WHOLE FUCKING thing
As long as the Browns use the 4th pick in the 2016 draft on Cardale Jones everything will be all good in Browns Nation
-
you guys must be the life of the party....at the water cooler.
-
Yep just like I've stated before. Browns fans get this sense of entitlement when we see a little bit of success. "He is just an average OC" "I won't cry if he leaves" WOWWWWW
Since when are the Brown's to good for average?
Shanahan is one of the up and comers in the nfl. Right now there are 2teams he'd never work for again. Us and skins. This is alarmingto say the least.
This average Joe produced 325 yards per game. He had an AVERAGE nfl oline at best. Hoyer as his qb. Two rookie rbs. And no one wr tall enough to ride the top thrill dragster at cedar point. My god Washington fires his dad and him and he's talking more shit about the Brown's on a "mutual parting of ways?" This is embarrassing. Brand new front office and we got a hot prospect coach walking away saying fuck those guys. And I believe it. Y would he committe career suicide. I like pettinne a lot but his body language tells me "I was a dead man walking the minute I signed my contract. I'll bet any money he doesn't see yr 3 of his ....lol....5yr contract. And the Brown's deserve to pay the WHOLE FUCKING thing
As long as the Browns use the 4th pick in the 2016 draft on Cardale Jones everything will be all good in Browns Nation
As long as the Browns use the 4th pick in the 2016 draft on Cardale Jones everything will be all good in Browns Nation
And u wonder why no woman will let u stick ur cock in her??
-
As long as the Browns use the 4th pick in the 2016 draft on Cardale Jones everything will be all good in Browns Nation
And u wonder why no woman will let u stick ur cock in her??
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Last I saw the ownership hasn't changed.
um....it just did....
Spoken like a true "johnny come lately"
-
Shananana did not have an "average" OL -- the Browns were behind only Dallas in rushing before Mack went down.
Rather, he had an extraordinarily talented OL and put up barely average stats.
The problem, if anything, is that the Browns are not aggressively pursuing the legitimately good OC such as Koetter.
-
Shananana did not have an "average" OL -- the Browns were behind only Dallas in rushing before Mack went down.
Rather, he had an extraordinarily talented OL and put up barely average stats.
The problem, if anything, is that the Browns are not aggressively pursuing the legitimately good OC such as Koetter.
Shananana did not have an "average" OL -- the Browns were behind only Dallas in rushing before Mack went down.
Rather, he had an extraordinarily talented OL and put up barely average stats.
The problem, if anything, is that the Browns are not aggressively pursuing the legitimately good OC such as Koetter.M
Mack only played 5 games, not quite a huge season sample size. Why would a "legitimately good" OC want to come to Cleveland? I'm not trying to be a jerk but we have no QB, if Gordon leaves no #1 WR, Chud & Co. fired after 1 season, last OC gone after 1 season, a meddling back office that pushes their agenda, 7-9 team that was last in the division, haven had a winning season since 2007. If I were highly qualified I don't know how you'd sell me unless I was told if i turned the offense around they'd fire Pettine and give me his job.
-
Shananana did not have an "average" OL -- the Browns were behind only Dallas in rushing before Mack went down.
Rather, he had an extraordinarily talented OL and put up barely average stats.
The problem, if anything, is that the Browns are not aggressively pursuing the legitimately good OC such as Koetter.M
Mack only played 5 games, not quite a huge season sample size. Why would a "legitimately good" OC want to come to Cleveland? I'm not trying to be a jerk but we have no QB, if Gordon leaves no #1 WR, Chud & Co. fired after 1 season, last OC gone after 1 season, a meddling back office that pushes their agenda, 7-9 team that was last in the division, haven had a winning season since 2007. If I were highly qualified I don't know how you'd sell me unless I was told if i turned the offense around they'd fire Pettine and give me his job.
Mack only played 5 games, not quite a huge season sample size. Why would a "legitimately good" OC want to come to Cleveland? I'm not trying to be a jerk but we have no QB, if Gordon leaves no #1 WR, Chud & Co. fired after 1 season, last OC gone after 1 season, a meddling back office that pushes their agenda, 7-9 team that was last in the division, haven had a winning season since 2007. If I were highly qualified I don't know how you'd sell me unless I was told if i turned the offense around they'd fire Pettine and give me his job.
Well, your points about a bad team, bad history are valid. But there's no way the Browns are going to bring in a young hot shot with HC aspirations this time. Haslam and Farmer have been preaching stability. Don't forget Pettine was hired late in the process, and the choices for a top OC were pretty limited. If you listened to the rumors, Mike didn't even want Shanahan. Look for Cleveland to bring in a lifer OC with no upwardly mobile aspirations. Like Trestman.
As far as bringing in a top guy, Haslam has shown he's not afraid to spend money. Don't forget Norv Turner, who's considered one of the best in the business as an OC stopped by in Cleveland for a cup of coffee.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
You are one of the few guys that get it. Dysfunction starts at the top. Last I saw the ownership hasn't changed.
So are you saying the Cowboys have never been dysfunctional or that they still are?
-
Shananana did not have an "average" OL -- the Browns were behind only Dallas in rushing before Mack went down.
Rather, he had an extraordinarily talented OL and put up barely average stats.
The problem, if anything, is that the Browns are not aggressively pursuing the legitimately good OC such as Koetter.M
Mack only played 5 games, not quite a huge season sample size. Why would a "legitimately good" OC want to come to Cleveland? I'm not trying to be a jerk but we have no QB, if Gordon leaves no #1 WR, Chud & Co. fired after 1 season, last OC gone after 1 season, a meddling back office that pushes their agenda, 7-9 team that was last in the division, haven had a winning season since 2007. If I were highly qualified I don't know how you'd sell me unless I was told if i turned the offense around they'd fire Pettine and give me his job.
Why would a "legitimately good" OC want to come to Cleveland?
ok, so you're saying the browns can ONLY hire a bum as OC? no 'legitimate' OC will want to come here?
i say you're wrong.
-
Why would a "legitimately good" OC want to come to Cleveland?
ok, so you're saying the browns can ONLY hire a bum as OC? no 'legitimate' OC will want to come here?
i say you're wrong.
ok, so you're saying the browns can ONLY hire a bum as OC? no 'legitimate' OC will want to come here?
i say you're wrong.
No I just wonder what has to be promised to get someone worthwhile an innovative. As of right now with Manziel and Shaw you have to run a gimmick scheme. Sounds like right now we are looking at re-treads like Trestman and there is a reason why they'd be available with the six or so vacancies, no one wants them. I like Pettine but we didn't win the "Pettine Sweepstakes" the music stopped and he was left.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
