Skip to content

Browns Dysfunctional ....again?

The Browns Board
128 29 5.1k
  • @unsympathetic said:

    Shananana did not have an "average" OL -- the Browns were behind only Dallas in rushing before Mack went down.

    Rather, he had an extraordinarily talented OL and put up barely average stats.

    The problem, if anything, is that the Browns are not aggressively pursuing the legitimately good OC such as Koetter.M

    Mack only played 5 games, not quite a huge season sample size. Why would a "legitimately good" OC want to come to Cleveland? I'm not trying to be a jerk but we have no QB, if Gordon leaves no #1 WR, Chud & Co. fired after 1 season, last OC gone after 1 season, a meddling back office that pushes their agenda, 7-9 team that was last in the division, haven had a winning season since 2007. If I were highly qualified I don't know how you'd sell me unless I was told if i turned the offense around they'd fire Pettine and give me his job.

    @baconhound said:

    Why would a "legitimately good" OC want to come to Cleveland?

    ok, so you're saying the browns can ONLY hire a bum as OC? no 'legitimate' OC will want to come here?

    i say you're wrong.

  • @baconhound said:

    Why would a "legitimately good" OC want to come to Cleveland?

    ok, so you're saying the browns can ONLY hire a bum as OC? no 'legitimate' OC will want to come here?

    i say you're wrong.

    @miktoxic said:

    ok, so you're saying the browns can ONLY hire a bum as OC? no 'legitimate' OC will want to come here?

    i say you're wrong.

    No I just wonder what has to be promised to get someone worthwhile an innovative. As of right now with Manziel and Shaw you have to run a gimmick scheme. Sounds like right now we are looking at re-treads like Trestman and there is a reason why they'd be available with the six or so vacancies, no one wants them. I like Pettine but we didn't win the "Pettine Sweepstakes" the music stopped and he was left.

  • Browns Theme Song Contest.

    My entry.----------"Send in the Clowns"

    @texasag1969 said:

    Browns Theme Song Contest.

    My entry.----------"Send in the Clowns"

    Tears of a clown.

  • @frenchie said:

    Comments made this week by Shannie really has me in the dumps about the Browns. Losing all those games at the end of the season coupled with what we've heard since about the rookies and the texts and QB issues, and now Front Office are at odds with Coaches. My goodness!

    Look I'm not a big fan of Shannie and thought he was just an average OC. I won't cry if he leaves. But I thought this new group of owner/Front Office and Coaches were the face of a new franchise and attitude. It kills me to know that they're not a cohesive team looking to build a winning organization.

    Thoughts?

    Yep just like I've stated before. Browns fans get this sense of entitlement when we see a little bit of success. "He is just an average OC" "I won't cry if he leaves" WOWWWWW

    Since when are the Brown's to good for average?

    Shanahan is one of the up and comers in the nfl. Right now there are 2teams he'd never work for again. Us and skins. This is alarmingto say the least.

    This average Joe produced 325 yards per game. He had an AVERAGE nfl oline at best. Hoyer as his qb. Two rookie rbs. And no one wr tall enough to ride the top thrill dragster at cedar point. My god Washington fires his dad and him and he's talking more shit about the Brown's on a "mutual parting of ways?" This is embarrassing. Brand new front office and we got a hot prospect coach walking away saying fuck those guys. And I believe it. Y would he committe career suicide. I like pettinne a lot but his body language tells me "I was a dead man walking the minute I signed my contract. I'll bet any money he doesn't see yr 3 of his ....lol....5yr contract. And the Brown's deserve to pay the WHOLE FUCKING thing

    @cdl15 said:

    Yep just like I've stated before. Browns fans get this sense of entitlement when we see a little bit of success. "He is just an average OC" "I won't cry if he leaves" WOWWWWW

    Since when are the Brown's to good for average?

    Shanahan is one of the up and comers in the nfl. Right now there are 2teams he'd never work for again. Us and skins. This is alarmingto say the least.

    This average Joe produced 325 yards per game. He had an AVERAGE nfl oline at best. Hoyer as his qb. Two rookie rbs. And no one wr tall enough to ride the top thrill dragster at cedar point. My god Washington fires his dad and him and he's talking more shit about the Brown's on a "mutual parting of ways?" This is embarrassing. Brand new front office and we got a hot prospect coach walking away saying fuck those guys. And I believe it. Y would he committe career suicide. I like pettinne a lot but his body language tells me "I was a dead man walking the minute I signed my contract. I'll bet any money he doesn't see yr 3 of his ....lol....5yr contract. And the Brown's deserve to pay the WHOLE FUCKING thing

    I don't agree with your assessment of Shanahan or the talent of the Offence he coached. Once teams figured out his system, production dropped off. I'm not saying he was bad, I just expected a lot more.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Browns Theme Song Contest.

    My entry.----------"Send in the Clowns"

    Tears of a clown.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Tears of a clown.

    I'll go with a song I like, Down In Hole Alice in Chains

  • @miktoxic said:

    ok, so you're saying the browns can ONLY hire a bum as OC? no 'legitimate' OC will want to come here?

    i say you're wrong.

    No I just wonder what has to be promised to get someone worthwhile an innovative. As of right now with Manziel and Shaw you have to run a gimmick scheme. Sounds like right now we are looking at re-treads like Trestman and there is a reason why they'd be available with the six or so vacancies, no one wants them. I like Pettine but we didn't win the "Pettine Sweepstakes" the music stopped and he was left.

    @baconhound said:

    No I just wonder what has to be promised to get someone worthwhile an innovative. As of right now with Manziel and Shaw you have to run a gimmick scheme. Sounds like right now we are looking at re-treads like Trestman and there is a reason why they'd be available with the six or so vacancies, no one wants them. I like Pettine but we didn't win the "Pettine Sweepstakes" the music stopped and he was left.

    Excepting that we are not looking for a HC... That Trestman did not make it in Chicago as an HC in no way an indication of his worth as an OC.

    As for Pet... there were still options available at the time we hired him, e.g., Seattle's DC Quinn, but Pet impressed our staff enough that they decided that Quinn could not be worth the added wait for the SB to be played.

    I like Pet as well and while it may not have been a "sweepstakes", I feel like we won when he was hired.

  • @baconhound said:

    No I just wonder what has to be promised to get someone worthwhile an innovative. As of right now with Manziel and Shaw you have to run a gimmick scheme. Sounds like right now we are looking at re-treads like Trestman and there is a reason why they'd be available with the six or so vacancies, no one wants them. I like Pettine but we didn't win the "Pettine Sweepstakes" the music stopped and he was left.

    Excepting that we are not looking for a HC... That Trestman did not make it in Chicago as an HC in no way an indication of his worth as an OC.

    As for Pet... there were still options available at the time we hired him, e.g., Seattle's DC Quinn, but Pet impressed our staff enough that they decided that Quinn could not be worth the added wait for the SB to be played.

    I like Pet as well and while it may not have been a "sweepstakes", I feel like we won when he was hired.

    @tour2ma said:

    Excepting that we are not looking for a HC... That Trestman did not make it in Chicago as an HC in no way an indication of his worth as an OC.

    As for Pet... there were still options available at the time we hired him, e.g., Seattle's DC Quinn, but Pet impressed our staff enough that they decided that Quinn could not be worth the added wait for the SB to be played.

    I like Pet as well and while it may not have been a "sweepstakes", I feel like we won when he was hired.

    The problem with the OC search is most of the "good" candidates, or even viable ones, will be filled with the HC hirings. All indications are Roman/Trestman will follow Ryan to Buffalo, not sure if Marrone will bring Hackett, Falcons etc.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Tears of a clown.

    I'll go with a song I like, Down In Hole Alice in Chains

    @baconhound said:

    I'll go with a song I like, Down In Hole Alice in Chains

    Tears of a clown is a fucking great song and I pretty much hate motown

  • @cdl15 said:

    Yep just like I've stated before. Browns fans get this sense of entitlement when we see a little bit of success. "He is just an average OC" "I won't cry if he leaves" WOWWWWW

    Since when are the Brown's to good for average?

    Shanahan is one of the up and comers in the nfl. Right now there are 2teams he'd never work for again. Us and skins. This is alarmingto say the least.

    This average Joe produced 325 yards per game. He had an AVERAGE nfl oline at best. Hoyer as his qb. Two rookie rbs. And no one wr tall enough to ride the top thrill dragster at cedar point. My god Washington fires his dad and him and he's talking more shit about the Brown's on a "mutual parting of ways?" This is embarrassing. Brand new front office and we got a hot prospect coach walking away saying fuck those guys. And I believe it. Y would he committe career suicide. I like pettinne a lot but his body language tells me "I was a dead man walking the minute I signed my contract. I'll bet any money he doesn't see yr 3 of his ....lol....5yr contract. And the Brown's deserve to pay the WHOLE FUCKING thing

    I don't agree with your assessment of Shanahan or the talent of the Offence he coached. Once teams figured out his system, production dropped off. I'm not saying he was bad, I just expected a lot more.

    @frenchie said:

    I don't agree with your assessment of Shanahan or the talent of the Offence he coached. Once teams figured out his system, production dropped off. I'm not saying he was bad, I just expected a lot more.

    WIth the way this team was trending before him how can one disagree with u

  • @tour2ma said:

    Excepting that we are not looking for a HC... That Trestman did not make it in Chicago as an HC in no way an indication of his worth as an OC.

    As for Pet... there were still options available at the time we hired him, e.g., Seattle's DC Quinn, but Pet impressed our staff enough that they decided that Quinn could not be worth the added wait for the SB to be played.

    I like Pet as well and while it may not have been a "sweepstakes", I feel like we won when he was hired.

    The problem with the OC search is most of the "good" candidates, or even viable ones, will be filled with the HC hirings. All indications are Roman/Trestman will follow Ryan to Buffalo, not sure if Marrone will bring Hackett, Falcons etc.

    @baconhound said:

    The problem with the OC search is most of the "good" candidates, or even viable ones, will be filled with the HC hirings. All indications are Roman/Trestman will follow Ryan to Buffalo, not sure if Marrone will bring Hackett, Falcons etc.

    I have found that it generally helps an argument if the examples cited actually support the position taken.

  • Can someone tell me what the GM did well last off season? Seems he picked a bunch of busts and FAs that sucked.

  • Every team in our division made the playoffs but us. How far are we away from those teams? The result of drafting JF will be a setback for us for YEARS!

  • there should be a 'ignore negativity' button on this forum.

    bunch of pussy whiners.

  • Every team in our division made the playoffs but us. How far are we away from those teams? The result of drafting JF will be a setback for us for YEARS!

    @brownbob said:

    Every team in our division made the playoffs but us. How far are we away from those teams? The result of drafting JF will be a setback for us for YEARS!

    Why?

    No rookie quarterback in the league took his team to the playoffs. And we already had a starter in place so...

    WSS

  • @frenchie said:

    I don't agree with your assessment of Shanahan or the talent of the Offence he coached. Once teams figured out his system, production dropped off. I'm not saying he was bad, I just expected a lot more.

    WIth the way this team was trending before him how can one disagree with u

    @cdl15 said:

    WIth the way this team was trending before him how can one disagree with u

    Seriously? You were that impressed with him? I thought the team started well but overall, I thought he was an average OC. Yes, we've had worse, and yes we can do better.