Browns Dysfunctional ....again?
-
sign Suh? That's your answer? Give a guy 20m to watch him sit at home when we need him the most cause he's suspended? No...not even for 10m. He's not a 3-4 DL anyway, but even if we were going back to a 4-3 you don't bring a clown like that in to your organization when you're looking to tone things down.
It's one direction to go in. It addresses our biggest D weakness and could generate some great enthusiasm for this team at an important time. I think he can play in a 3-4 D and we have the cap space with the loss of Rubin. Plus he's a bad ass (on the field) on a team that is missing exactly that presence. Resign JC, Austin, pick up Suh, Shorts and get attention on the favorable side of the ledger.
It's one direction to go in. .... and could generate some great enthusiasm for this team at an important time. ......get attention on the favorable side of the ledger.
Suh would generate great enthusiasm and get attention on the favorable side???.....I'd disagree with that 100%....
He's as controversial and polarizing as Johnny.....1/2 the fans would hate him and 1/2 would love him.....so he'd just be another player creating non-stop debate and a rift in the fan base....
just another pot to stir.....
If the Browns are so "dysfunctional"......wouldn't it be yet another example if we signed another controversy??
-
I don't necessarily blame the reporting. Like I said Shanahan would love a head coaching job and would also probably like to pump up his coordinator creds by working with his old man on the team with a path to the Super Bowl if possible.
So if either of those situations arises I would bet he would take a close look.
WSS
I don't necessarily blame the reporting. Like I said Shanahan would love a head coaching job and would also probably like to pump up his coordinator creds by working with his old man on the team with a path to the Super Bowl if possible.
So if either of those situations arises I would bet he would take a close look.
WSS
Fine by me.
Doesn't make us dysfunctional.
Zombo
-
Agreed . I think the conclusions that some have made would, however, count as dysfunctional. If Haslam is calling plays and if Shanahan or Pettine were forced to start players they didn't want.......
But as usual that could be anybody's guess.
WSS
-
Agreed . I think the conclusions that some have made would, however, count as dysfunctional. If Haslam is calling plays and if Shanahan or Pettine were forced to start players they didn't want.......
But as usual that could be anybody's guess.
WSS
Nope. I think the conclusions that some have made would, however, count as dysfunctional. If Haslam is calling plays and if Shanahan or Pettine were forced to start players they didn't want.......
But as usual that could be anybody's guess.
WSS
Back to the shitty reporting gossip.
Zombo
-
Agreed . I think the conclusions that some have made would, however, count as dysfunctional. If Haslam is calling plays and if Shanahan or Pettine were forced to start players they didn't want.......
But as usual that could be anybody's guess.
WSS
Agreed . I think the conclusions that some have made would, however, count as dysfunctional. If Haslam is calling plays and if Shanahan or Pettine were forced to start players they didn't want.......
But as usual that could be anybody's guess.
WSS
Well, then "some" would be wrong, right?
MkC has clearly stated Haslem wasn't the one she referred to as suggesting plays(not calling plays)....so that is 100% fabrication by the masses....
Just another by-product of her typical "cryptic style" , vague implications and secret sources.....
-
Agreed . I think the conclusions that some have made would, however, count as dysfunctional. If Haslam is calling plays and if Shanahan or Pettine were forced to start players they didn't want.......
But as usual that could be anybody's guess.
WSS
Well, then "some" would be wrong, right?
MkC has clearly stated Haslem wasn't the one she referred to as suggesting plays(not calling plays)....so that is 100% fabrication by the masses....
Just another by-product of her typical "cryptic style" , vague implications and secret sources.....
Well, then "some" would be wrong, right?
MkC has clearly stated Haslem wasn't the one she referred to as suggesting plays(not calling plays)....so that is 100% fabrication by the masses....
Just another by-product of her typical "cryptic style" , vague implications and secret sources.....
We deal with wrong stuff everyday. Did her article specify from the press box? Or somewhere else or Haslem would not be sitting?
Or is that just speculation like everything else?
WSS
-
Browns Theme Song Contest.
My entry.----------"Send in the Clowns"
Browns Theme Song Contest.
My entry.----------"Send in the Clowns"
Tragedy, Bee Gees lol. But I still love 'em to death.
I don't think there is any dysfunction. We have a long way to go for FA & the draft, let's see how it pans out. If they start trading picks again I won't be happy, I'm sick of that strategy.
I agree with Zombo, its all gossip. None of the reporters are sitting in on team meetings, they just want to sell newspapers and their name.
-
Well, then "some" would be wrong, right?
MkC has clearly stated Haslem wasn't the one she referred to as suggesting plays(not calling plays)....so that is 100% fabrication by the masses....
Just another by-product of her typical "cryptic style" , vague implications and secret sources.....
We deal with wrong stuff everyday. Did her article specify from the press box? Or somewhere else or Haslem would not be sitting?
Or is that just speculation like everything else?
WSS
We deal with wrong stuff everyday. Did her article specify from the press box? Or somewhere else or Haslem would not be sitting?
Or is that just speculation like everything else?
WSS
No....people started speculating it was jimmy, so she came out and said it wasn't....
Plus, yes, her article said a staff member in the press box....so, Jimmy isn't a staff member and, Id guess, doesn't hang out in the press box either....
Think about it....if he's calling in plays to the bench, it wouldn't be a good idea to do it in front of a whole room of reporters, would it??
-
Here's a good article about team dysfunction and a coach who cant get along well with others.....hmmmm
-
Browns Theme Song Contest.
My entry.----------"Send in the Clowns"
Tragedy, Bee Gees lol. But I still love 'em to death.
I don't think there is any dysfunction. We have a long way to go for FA & the draft, let's see how it pans out. If they start trading picks again I won't be happy, I'm sick of that strategy.
I agree with Zombo, its all gossip. None of the reporters are sitting in on team meetings, they just want to sell newspapers and their name.
-
Plus it might be worse if Jimmy leaves his loge and heads down to the press box! I can hear him grabbing the mic right now shouting that was pass interference right there you son of a bitch!

WSS
-
@junkyard-dawg said:
Bottomline? There's dysfunction. Shit we have an Owner that is a goddamn Billionaire, this team is his Fantasy Football game, just like with Jerreh and Danny Snyder. Stable, fully functioning Owners don't hire the laughingstock of the NFL as President/GM then fire them a year later and hire an entirely new Crew. Likewise stable, functioning F.O's don't waste 1st round draft picks on homosexual alcoholics, dysfunctional Haslams and Savages(Homo Juicehead Brady) do that shit.
Agree to a point.
While Haslam looks like he effed it up on JF, I give him some benefit of the doubt on canning Chud, Lombardi, & Banner and starting over (again). He took a PR hit there, for the sake of trying to start over and "get a better culture." I could be wrong, but he admitted he was wrong there and that's hard for a billionaire to do.
It sucks that we fans have to keep waiting, hoping, to get it right. I don't think the Browns are miles away from contending in the AFC North like in year's past. Hell, we were 6-3 and died at the end. I may be grasping at straws here, but the last game of the year showed me something- an undermanned team had the Ratbirds on the ropes.
I will say if they reach/trade picks in this year's draft, I think there is dysfunction. We cannot do that again. With #12 & #19, they have a chance to shore up what they (Farmer & Pettine) believe to be the weak areas.It also appears they will have the 43rd pick. Its not all doom & gloom.
-
I would say every FO makes mistakes and misses on draft picks and hires....
But many dont admit it or make changes. They deny and perpetuate till it crashes.
I give Haslam credit for at least recognizing the mistakes.....admitting to them....and making moves to correct them.
So, I dont see mistakes as dysfunction......I see NOT making the needed changes as dysfunction....
And, so far, we have been willing to make the changes.....
-
It goes without saying. Get rid of him.
I don't think I've been unclear on this at all.
Doesn't it seemed like those three guys would know that?
If none of them has a clue it's pretty fucking shocking.
WSS
I highly doubt Shanny would leave his post if Manziel was a special talent.
It's probably the other way around. He knows Manziel sucks donkey balls and he'll have no QB to lead his offensive schemes.
-
Here's a good article about team dysfunction and a coach who cant get along well with others.....hmmmm
Here's a good article about team dysfunction and a coach who cant get along well with others.....hmmmm
Any FO that drafted Manziel in the first round is dysfunctional. PERIOD.
You have to be a moron to not see that Manziel is not a NFL talent.
-
It goes without saying. Get rid of him.
I don't think I've been unclear on this at all.
Doesn't it seemed like those three guys would know that?
If none of them has a clue it's pretty fucking shocking.
WSS
I highly doubt Shanny would leave his post if Manziel was a special talent.
It's probably the other way around. He knows Manziel sucks donkey balls and he'll have no QB to lead his offensive schemes.
Well I highly doubt you have much idea what Shanahan thinks or doesn't thanks. I mean as long as we're highly doubting stuff...I highly doubt Shanny would leave his post if Manziel was a special talent.
It's probably the other way around. He knows Manziel sucks donkey balls and he'll have no QB to lead his offensive schemes.
I mean seriously he's going to Buffalo with his hat in his hand and their best hope is to pick up Brian Hoyer in a bidding war.

WSS
-
One Mary Kay article which is all conjecture with no named sources and we're "disfunctional" again.
Horseshit.
We had one of the Browns VPs join us at our last Browns Backer game against Baltimore. Real cool guy, real high on the chain. I got to talk with him one on one for a bit and he talked to the group as a whole too.
He said the #1 thing the Browns set out to do this year was to not only change the culture, but to set the culture, because we haven't had one in 15 years.
He said Jimmy is as passionate and smart a owner as you would want. He said Farmer is large and in charge ... speaks with authority, has the respect of everyone in the building. Coach Pettine is exactly what they want, and he is in't going anywhere.
He said on past teams you wouldn't even hear about Gordon, Gilbert and Manziel because the team catered to the players, but it is all about the team now, and you are all in, or you are gone.
He seemed to think Manziel was going to be fine. He basically said he was a "spoiled rich kid, and some things need to change" but that he can be very, very good. It sounded like the organization was committed to him for next year, however if the "things that need to change" involve alcohol, good luck with that.
Overall he stressed over and over that it is a streamlined chain of command and it's not changing, Jimmy is going with these guys.
So if Shanny is really sniffling, he'll be gone. If we re-commit to Shanny then this was just a bullshit story. I really wish we could trade MK to Pittsburgh.
Zombo
Zombo said:
One Mary Kay article which is all conjecture with no named sources and we're "disfunctional" again.
Horseshit.
We had one of the Browns VPs join us at our last Browns Backer game against Baltimore. Real cool guy, real high on the chain. I got to talk with him one on one for a bit and he talked to the group as a whole too.
He said the #1 thing the Browns set out to do this year was to not only change the culture, but to set the culture, because we haven't had one in 15 years.
He said Jimmy is as passionate and smart a owner as you would want. He said Farmer is large and in charge ... speaks with authority, has the respect of everyone in the building. Coach Pettine is exactly what they want, and he is in't going anywhere.
He said on past teams you wouldn't even hear about Gordon, Gilbert and Manziel because the team catered to the players, but it is all about the team now, and you are all in, or you are gone.
He seemed to think Manziel was going to be fine. He basically said he was a "spoiled rich kid, and some things need to change" but that he can be very, very good. It sounded like the organization was committed to him for next year, however if the "things that need to change" involve alcohol, good luck with that.
Overall he stressed over and over that it is a streamlined chain of command and it's not changing, Jimmy is going with these guys.
So if Shanny is really sniffling, he'll be gone. If we re-commit to Shanny then this was just a bullshit story. I really wish we could trade MK to Pittsburgh.
Zombo
The comments may be total bullshit as far as the internal dysfunction. I do hope though that Jimmy being "large and in charge" doesn't translate to iron fisted meddlesome Nazi similar to the old Raiders owner and his buddy Jerry in Dallas. 4
-
Zombo said:
One Mary Kay article which is all conjecture with no named sources and we're "disfunctional" again.
Horseshit.
We had one of the Browns VPs join us at our last Browns Backer game against Baltimore. Real cool guy, real high on the chain. I got to talk with him one on one for a bit and he talked to the group as a whole too.
He said the #1 thing the Browns set out to do this year was to not only change the culture, but to set the culture, because we haven't had one in 15 years.
He said Jimmy is as passionate and smart a owner as you would want. He said Farmer is large and in charge ... speaks with authority, has the respect of everyone in the building. Coach Pettine is exactly what they want, and he is in't going anywhere.
He said on past teams you wouldn't even hear about Gordon, Gilbert and Manziel because the team catered to the players, but it is all about the team now, and you are all in, or you are gone.
He seemed to think Manziel was going to be fine. He basically said he was a "spoiled rich kid, and some things need to change" but that he can be very, very good. It sounded like the organization was committed to him for next year, however if the "things that need to change" involve alcohol, good luck with that.
Overall he stressed over and over that it is a streamlined chain of command and it's not changing, Jimmy is going with these guys.
So if Shanny is really sniffling, he'll be gone. If we re-commit to Shanny then this was just a bullshit story. I really wish we could trade MK to Pittsburgh.
Zombo
The comments may be total bullshit as far as the internal dysfunction. I do hope though that Jimmy being "large and in charge" doesn't translate to iron fisted meddlesome Nazi similar to the old Raiders owner and his buddy Jerry in Dallas. 4
The comments may be total bullshit as far as the internal dysfunction. I do hope though that Jimmy being "large and in charge" doesn't translate to iron fisted meddlesome Nazi similar to the old Raiders owner and his buddy Jerry in Dallas. 4
Farmer is the one he described as having the respect of everyone in the building, "large and in charge" were my words to describe his account of Farmer.
Zombo
-
Again? Still! But is a good question...how do we break this dysfunctional crap that's been around since Art Model (can go to HE!!) took over? I think Art Lerner was the answer, and then he died, and his son who didn't care to own an NFL team, couldn't liquidate it quickly enough. I don't think Jimmy Haslam is the answer...but I don't know who is.
-
"Professional Experts" who got paid millions were brought in to draft these players:
Trent Richardson
Brandon Weeden
Barkevious Mingo
Justin Gilbert
Johnny Manziel
"Professional Experts" who got paid millions were brought in to draft these players:
Trent Richardson
Brandon Weeden
Barkevious Mingo
Justin Gilbert
Johnny Manziel
Of this list, the current GM is only responsible for Gilbert and Manziel. I think Gilbert has the raw talent to be a good corner, just needs a work ethic implant. Mingo seemed like he hustled all year, even with a hurt shoulder. Not ready to put the bust tag on him yet, either. T.Rich and Weedon are obviously no longer with us, and Manziel should join Weeden backing up Tony Romo in Dallas.
On the Manziel thing, I think it's worse - he could have been drafted later, and Carr - IMO much better, could have been there at our second pick without a trade up. I think Carr had a decent rookie year with the always dysfunctional Raiders.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login