Skip to content

New OC again!

The Browns Board
196 49 9.6k
  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Browns are a mess. .....Manziel having to learn a new offense is not good. His greatest supporters are gone.

    Your boy really really added to the mess too....

    His greatest supporters are gone because he let them AND his team down.....

  • I like Shanny. Had a grasp on subtly changing an offense to fit the personnel's talents without completely tailoring it to one player. His offense didn't promote or rely on any feature players either, which is a godsend in regards to contract negotiations. The only "feature" of his offense seemed to be the offensive line production.

    I would have loved to see how the Browns finished the year with Hoyer at the helm, with Mack healthy and without Gordon.

    I have a feeling we'll be targeting an OC in a similar mold - run the rock, grind out the clock, the PA when the defense is sleeping for a big gain.

    Dowell Loggains always struck me as a dumb, immature fuck. I don't give a shit about that guy.

    What's most disconcerting about this is that it's showing that Haslam is seemingly more involved than anyone likes to let on. They don't need another Art Modell. They need an Art Rooney.

    Hire a strong, defensive minded head coach and let him implement his system. Hit on some mid to late round gems in the draft and build a solid foundation. Then supplement with talented personnel that fits the mold of the team. No single player will bring a team success, just like no single player is responsible for a team's failure.

    As an owner, hire the right people and then stay the fuck out of the way. Oh, you like a certain player? That's cool. Root for him no matter where the fuck he goes. You think a certain player will increase merchandise sales? Yeah, that may be true. But you know what will increase all around sales? Winning a fucking Super Bowl.

    Haslam, you're fucking up.

  • How about these options for OC:

    Alex Van Pelt....QB coach for the Packers

    Carl Smith....QB coach for the Seahawks

    David Canales....asst. OC for Seahawks

    Rick Dennison...QB coach for the Ravens (former OC for Texans and Broncos).

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Manziel having to learn a new offense is not good. His greatest supporters are gone.

    Well the good news is that Johnny Fuck-Up didn't spend much time learning the old one. Just some new pieces of paper for JF to glance at and say, "Nah, I got this, pass the vodka!"

  • How about these options for OC:

    Alex Van Pelt....QB coach for the Packers

    Carl Smith....QB coach for the Seahawks

    David Canales....asst. OC for Seahawks

    Rick Dennison...QB coach for the Ravens (former OC for Texans and Broncos).

    @the-gipper said:

    How about these options for OC:

    Alex Van Pelt....QB coach for the Packers

    Carl Smith....QB coach for the Seahawks

    David Canales....asst. OC for Seahawks

    Rick Dennison...QB coach for the Ravens (former OC for Texans and Broncos).

    I'm in favour of someone not coming in with a completely different scheme, so maybe there's some value to Dennison, if he's from the Kubiak/Shanahan ZBS school?

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Browns are a mess. Makes me ask the question, is Pettine an issue too?

    Manziel having to learn a new offense is not good. His greatest supporters are gone.

    Shanny won't be without a job for long.

    Especially since he still hasn't learned the Offense Shann had.

  • I thought Shanny did a good job masking Hoyer's flaws as long as he could, he gave us a chance to be competitive early in the season even though we were starting a backup QB and a bunch of backup WRs.

    He wants to move on elsewhere, and the Browns don't need somebody that doesn't want to be there.

    Now we have no OC, no QB coach and no QB with more than two starts or over 6'0.

    Here we go again ... could be fun, let's hope we they get it right, because if we shore up the D-line we definitely have a playoff defense on hand.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I thought Shanny did a good job masking Hoyer's flaws as long as he could, he gave us a chance to be competitive early in the season even though we were starting a backup QB and a bunch of backup WRs.

    He wants to move on elsewhere, and the Browns don't need somebody that doesn't want to be there.

    Now we have no OC, no QB coach and no QB with more than two starts or over 6'0.

    Here we go again ... could be fun, let's hope we they get it right, because if we shore up the D-line we definitely have a playoff defense on hand.

    Zombo

    I thought he did a good job with what he had to work with. It isn't his fault that our first round draft pick would rather be out partying than learning the playbook. We were going to have a new QB this year anyways if Hoyer doesn't come back so why not get a new OC and let him pick who he wants as his starter and build the offense around that.

  • @the-gipper said:

    How about these options for OC:

    Alex Van Pelt....QB coach for the Packers

    Carl Smith....QB coach for the Seahawks

    David Canales....asst. OC for Seahawks

    Rick Dennison...QB coach for the Ravens (former OC for Texans and Broncos).

    I'm in favour of someone not coming in with a completely different scheme, so maybe there's some value to Dennison, if he's from the Kubiak/Shanahan ZBS school?

    @gftchris said:

    I'm in favour of someone not coming in with a completely different scheme, so maybe there's some value to Dennison, if he's from the Kubiak/Shanahan ZBS school?

    Yea, he would have been the OC under Kubiak in Houston....and now he is under Kubiak the OC in Balt.

    (actually....why didn't the Browns get Kubiak as their OC instead of letting him get picked up in Balt.)

  • So since Shanny is out now will they trade Glamziel who is an absolute cancer to the team?

  • I don't think it's the end of the world either way, but with the QB situation still up in the air that makes it even less concerning.

    TCPO what makes you certain this is a key sign Haslam's so involved?

  • Around and around we go. This team is a disaster. I can't figure out why anyone would want to coach here, yet alone play here. Total Dysfunction is an understatement. Laughing stock of the NFL

  • Around and around we go. This team is a disaster. I can't figure out why anyone would want to coach here, yet alone play here. Total Dysfunction is an understatement. Laughing stock of the NFL

    @rooster-dick said:

    Around and around we go. This team is a disaster. I can't figure out why anyone would want to coach here, yet alone play here. Total Dysfunction is an understatement. Laughing stock of the NFL

    And yet you're still here asshat. Go jump on the bandwagon of another team. Maybe theres some room on the Panthers bandwagon for you.

    It's not that big of deal. We need a QB before we worry about who the offensive coordinator is.

  • Around and around we go. This team is a disaster. I can't figure out why anyone would want to coach here, yet alone play here. Total Dysfunction is an understatement. Laughing stock of the NFL

    @rooster-dick said:

    Around and around we go. This team is a disaster. I can't figure out why anyone would want to coach here, yet alone play here. Total Dysfunction is an understatement. Laughing stock of the NFL

    Money

  • A little disappointed to see Shanny go just because this team needs continuity. Glad Loggains is gone. He obviously wasn't an asset judging by our QB's performance. I hope whatever new OC comes in runs a zone-blocking scheme for the running game because our OL is now best-suited for that.

  • Trestman or Weiss would make me feel a bit better. Neither would blow up the run game or ZBS. Although the passing game would look a bit different.

  • @rooster-dick said:

    Around and around we go. This team is a disaster. I can't figure out why anyone would want to coach here, yet alone play here. Total Dysfunction is an understatement. Laughing stock of the NFL

    And yet you're still here asshat. Go jump on the bandwagon of another team. Maybe theres some room on the Panthers bandwagon for you.

    It's not that big of deal. We need a QB before we worry about who the offensive coordinator is.

    @mark-o said:

    And yet you're still here asshat. Go jump on the bandwagon of another team. Maybe theres some room on the Panthers bandwagon for you.

    It's not that big of deal. We need a QB before we worry about who the offensive coordinator is.

    Why am I an asshat? Take a step back and notice this is a recurring theme here.... but yet, people like yourself accept it as normal? What good do you think will come of the revolving door that we have? Am I wrong for being totally sick and disgusted of this team? If I speak my mind and voice my concern, I am told to jump to another team. Seriously? This team drafts the crappiest players every year, from the most opportune position. You honestly can say you have faith in what this team does? It's a disgrace man... YEAR after YEAR this team fails to make any kind of positive advancement. This team will only improve by drafting football players. Unfortunately, they take stabs in the dark instead of proven talent, and the gamble kicks them in the ass every single time. I'm glad you are satisfied and have your rose colored glasses on. The grass isn't greener in cleveland, it's been dormant for the last 7 years.

  • @mark-o said:

    And yet you're still here asshat. Go jump on the bandwagon of another team. Maybe theres some room on the Panthers bandwagon for you.

    It's not that big of deal. We need a QB before we worry about who the offensive coordinator is.

    Why am I an asshat? Take a step back and notice this is a recurring theme here.... but yet, people like yourself accept it as normal? What good do you think will come of the revolving door that we have? Am I wrong for being totally sick and disgusted of this team? If I speak my mind and voice my concern, I am told to jump to another team. Seriously? This team drafts the crappiest players every year, from the most opportune position. You honestly can say you have faith in what this team does? It's a disgrace man... YEAR after YEAR this team fails to make any kind of positive advancement. This team will only improve by drafting football players. Unfortunately, they take stabs in the dark instead of proven talent, and the gamble kicks them in the ass every single time. I'm glad you are satisfied and have your rose colored glasses on. The grass isn't greener in cleveland, it's been dormant for the last 7 years.

    @rooster-dick said:

    Why am I an asshat? Take a step back and notice this is a recurring theme here.... but yet, people like yourself accept it as normal? What good do you think will come of the revolving door that we have? Am I wrong for being totally sick and disgusted of this team? If I speak my mind and voice my concern, I am told to jump to another team. Seriously? This team drafts the crappiest players every year, from the most opportune position. You honestly can say you have faith in what this team does? It's a disgrace man... YEAR after YEAR this team fails to make any kind of positive advancement. This team will only improve by drafting football players. Unfortunately, they take stabs in the dark instead of proven talent, and the gamble kicks them in the ass every single time. I'm glad you are satisfied and have your rose colored glasses on. The grass isn't greener in cleveland, it's been dormant for the last 7 years.

    Well, 7-9 is better than 4-12. And every pick the Browns made after the first round last year looks solid, as do the UDFA's they signed. You can't expect a team that's been losing for 15 years to go from 4-12 to 12-4 in one year. The Browns have serious team-culture issues that need to be changed and Pettine is the guy to do it. It's going to take a few years, but at least we are finally moving in the right direction.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Browns are a mess. .....Manziel having to learn a new offense is not good. His greatest supporters are gone.

    Your boy really really added to the mess too....

    His greatest supporters are gone because he let them AND his team down.....

    @mudfly said:

    His greatest supporters are gone because he let them AND his team down.....

    Yes, he did. Frittered it away with his insistence that he needed a "night" life more than a "day" job.

  • Great news to me. Glad someone else that matters saw what I saw.

  • Apparently Trestman is "interested in talking" to Browns re: OC position, according to some reports.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2323348-cleveland-browns-oc-search-latest-rumors-speculation-on-vacant-position

    Trestman runs WCO so perhaps it would provide some continuity for our offense.