Skip to content

Uniform update

The Browns Board
106 34 6.2k
  • I agree. It's pure guess. I think enough has been said that their will probably be a grey as some sort of alternate, but other than that, we will just have to wait a few months to find out.

  • well then the browns will be wearing a version of the pro-bowl unis (grey) which i doubt the nfl or nike will allow to happen.

  • A couple more just to piss everyone off.

    post-1565-0-69829800-1421871861_thumb.jpg

    post-1565-0-29791400-1421871878_thumb.jpg

    post-1565-0-32907400-1421871879_thumb.jpg

    post-1565-0-34494700-1421871881_thumb.jpg

    post-1565-0-40802200-1421871882_thumb.jpg

    post-1565-0-54232300-1421871909_thumb.jpg

  • Those look good. ^^

  • @thenew23 said:

    Packers uniforms are synonymous with winning... that's the difference...

    Browns uniforms represent 51 years of losing...

    Then you've failed history. The 80s Browns with Kosar were pretty decent. Tampa changed their uniforms again this past year- and it didn't do them a damn bit of good. The player wearing the uniform is way more important.

    @hoorta said:

    Then you've failed history. The 80s Browns with Kosar were pretty decent. Tampa changed their uniforms again this past year- and it didn't do them a damn bit of good. The player wearing the uniform is way more important.

    Of course the players are more important, BUT there is a reason companies change their branding and logos from time-to-time. It is to breathe new life into their organization and remain relevant, which are things this organization need more than ever.

    I don't think a uniform change is going to put us in the Super Bowl, but I just think it's time we did something.

    BTW - The 80s Browns being "decent" does not live up to the history of the Packers' uniform... 4 Super Bowls, including the first 2 ever played, and a record 13 World Championships... I think that's a little better history than a couple "decent" years...

  • Let's not forget the packers changed uniforms at some point. In fact I think we're the only team in the league without a throwback uniform

    packers-throwbacks.jpg

  • @walterwhite said:

    Depending on the supposed "leak" they will NOT be having Browns jerseys.

    They will have an orange, grey, and white jersey but no Brown.

    They will have orange, grey, and brown pants however.

    (Once again, that's if "the leak" is true)

    I'll tend to agree with Zombo- they're not going to mess with tradition too much. This is the Cleveland BROWNS, not the Cleveland GREYS.

    Hey- maybe let's use the Steelers prison stripe unis- except make them "rainbow" for the uniform fags.

    sure am glad I got my Nike Elite before Nike turned it into some Denver Donkey-like abomination.

    @hoorta said:

    I'll tend to agree with Zombo- they're not going to mess with tradition too much. This is the Cleveland BROWNS, not the Cleveland GREYS.

    Hey- maybe let's use the Steelers prison stripe unis- except make them "rainbow" for the uniform fags.

    sure am glad I got my Nike Elite before Nike turned it into some Denver Donkey-like abomination.

    Me too.. I got a Brown,Browns Jersey with My last name embroided and Clay Mathews Sr's # for Christmas.. I was stoked to say the least.

  • Let's not forget the packers changed uniforms at some point. In fact I think we're the only team in the league without a throwback uniform

    packers-throwbacks.jpg

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Let's not forget the packers changed uniforms at some point. In fact I think we're the only team in the league without a throwback uniform

    packers-throwbacks.jpg

    Yes they did... once in 1950... only 4 years after the inception of the Browns... We're talking when the facemask first cam about and the first TV deal was done with pro football...Their "throwback" unform is "based" off the uniform they wore in the late 30's and 40's, not exacly the same.

    The Browns' "throwback" should have a solid white helmet, as they originally started wearing the orange helmets only during night games beginning in the 50's. We also have an old helmet that had a single browns stripe with brown numbers on each side. Our original uniforms were all white, with a brown-with orange outline- numbers and were the only two-tone numbers on jerseys at the time... So, technically we "could" have a throwback jersey if we wore plain white helmets for a game...

  • Tcpo those actually look great... The metallic helm... Brown uni... With orange pants looks phenomenal

  • Those look good. ^^

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Those look good. ^^

    I agree.

  • Aye, they do. ^^^

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Let's not forget the packers changed uniforms at some point. In fact I think we're the only team in the league without a throwback uniform

    packers-throwbacks.jpg

    Yes they did... once in 1950... only 4 years after the inception of the Browns... We're talking when the facemask first cam about and the first TV deal was done with pro football...Their "throwback" unform is "based" off the uniform they wore in the late 30's and 40's, not exacly the same.

    The Browns' "throwback" should have a solid white helmet, as they originally started wearing the orange helmets only during night games beginning in the 50's. We also have an old helmet that had a single browns stripe with brown numbers on each side. Our original uniforms were all white, with a brown-with orange outline- numbers and were the only two-tone numbers on jerseys at the time... So, technically we "could" have a throwback jersey if we wore plain white helmets for a game...

    @thenew23 said:

    Yes they did... once in 1950... only 4 years after the inception of the Browns... We're talking when the facemask first cam about and the first TV deal was done with pro football...Their "throwback" unform is "based" off the uniform they wore in the late 30's and 40's, not exacly the same.

    The Browns' "throwback" should have a solid white helmet, as they originally started wearing the orange helmets only during night games beginning in the 50's. We also have an old helmet that had a single browns stripe with brown numbers on each side. Our original uniforms were all white, with a brown-with orange outline- numbers and were the only two-tone numbers on jerseys at the time... So, technically we "could" have a throwback jersey if we wore plain white helmets for a game...

    No shit? They're not the same uniforms the packers of 1939 wore?

    Next you'll tell me that the steelers bumblebee get up isn't the exact same as they wore back in nineteen dickety-doo.

  • Chinese knockoffs or what's to come?

  • Chinese knockoffs or what's to come?

    @erie-dawg said:

    Chinese knockoffs or what's to come?

    That's a cool looking jersey.

    Zombo

    --shit, now I'm gay.

  • @erie-dawg said:

    Chinese knockoffs or what's to come?

    That's a cool looking jersey.

    Zombo

    --shit, now I'm gay.

    Zombo said:

    That's a cool looking jersey.

    Zombo

    --shit, now I'm gay.

    yep, your an official charter member!

    So what's your thoughts on the piping around the collar.. more or less?

  • @erie-dawg said:

    Chinese knockoffs or what's to come?

    That's a cool looking jersey.

    Zombo

    --shit, now I'm gay.

    Zombo said:

    That's a cool looking jersey.

    No its not....it's gay...

    And so very 1997....

  • Chinese knockoffs or what's to come?

    @erie-dawg said:

    Chinese knockoffs or what's to come?

    Shitty Chinese knockoff.

    Gradients aren't legal in the NFL if I'm not mistake .

  • Shitty Chinese knockoff?

    Where the fuck do you think the real ones are made?

  • Zombo said:

    That's a cool looking jersey.

    No its not....it's gay...

    And so very 1997....

    @mudfly said:

    No its not....it's gay...

    And so very 1997....

    It'll look bitchin with my SharkTooth hat and Zubas.

  • @jafbf said:

    These are what they're talking about :

    B7HwxAZIAAEE3T7.jpg

    There is talk that these are the FAG created ones from several months ago, so take it for what it's worth.

    Probably couldn't come up with a worse looking Uni if I tried.

    there, fixed it for ya.

    @miktoxic said:

    there, fixed it for ya.

    If Miktoxic says these are fag uniforms I agree with him. Who else would know as much about something being fagish?