Skip to content

What's The Plan?

The Browns Board
71 23 3.2k
  • Any way you slice it, we are fucked. We need one lucky draft is the way I see it, which NEVER happens to the Browns. What's everyone's thoughts on Grayson, Hundley or Mannion?

    Or just select all QB's and whoever doesn't work out turn in a WR. LOL

  • @osiris said:

    I agree I think Manziel was forced on Farmer despite claims Farmer made otherwise. I think Farmer would havr taken Bridgewater or Carr. Gilbert was Pettine's pick. We can only hope Farmer is giving Haslam a big dose of I told you so and Haslam will stay out of it tbis year. I think this year we will make good on our first round picks.

    Though Framer made the Johnny Flopball pick, I can't help but feel Haslam was whispering how cool it would be to get some much needed publicity.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    This is supposed to be one of the best free agent classes in years, except for the QB. Mallet, Hoyer and maybe Locker. Unless it is not possible, I would franchise tag Hoyer. Yes they are paying out the ass, but 2016 there are a TON of FA. I know some are not ideal, just making the list. Manning, Ben, Rivers, Bradford, Newton, Luck, Daniel (under rated IMO), Tannehill, and Weeden (jk). Just an idea.

    The only one on that list that might be available is Bradford. Mannning will probably retire,The rest are untouchable.

    @hoorta said:

    Though Framer made the Johnny Flopball pick, I can't help but feel Haslam was whispering how cool it would be to get some much needed publicity.

    The only one on that list that might be available is Bradford. Mannning will probably retire,The rest are untouchable.

    Maybe Daniel?

  • I see the Browns going one of two different directions. They have 2 first round draft picks and more draft picks overall than any other NFL team so they could do some trading to get the franchise quarterback such as Winston. The other option is to use those picks to shore up so many other areas that are needed and just try and sign Hoyer and if that cannot be done get a veteran FA quarterback. The bad thing this year is the highest rated veteran QB is Mark Sanchez which shows me how slim the pickings are.

    The best option I see would be resigning Hoyer if possible, and use their draft picks to shore up the team on both sides of the ball. I really see little chance of Manziel starting. 3rd string qb Connor Shaw outplayed him with the little preparation he had against the Ravens.

    I thought Garrett Hartley looked like a good enough place kicker after he replaced Cundiff.

  • Bradford isn't worth a bag of dicks. He's barely average.. even when completely healthy, which isn't often.

    Let Hoyer walk, he's not worth anything close to what his demands are.

    Draft Grayson in the second and let him beat Partyboy.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Bradford isn't worth a bag of dicks. He's barely average.. even when completely healthy, which isn't often.

    Let Hoyer walk, he's not worth anything close to what his demands are.

    Draft Grayson in the second and let him beat Partyboy.

    Actually- Bradford isn't that bad- when healthy- which isn't often. Regarding Hoyer- haven't heard what his demands (actually agent's) are. Possible he might give the Browns a hometown discount.

    PS Per ESPN the Colts are already working on a contract extension for Luck. & really franchise quarterbacks are never allowed to test FA if healthy. The only reason the Colts let Manning go is there were questions about his neck, and they had Luck waiting in the wings.

    @miktoxic said:

    signing hoyer might be the solution for next year and the near future depending on well he performs. if he does good then i'd guess that plan of signing a vet in 2016 would go out the window, correct?

    that being said it still doesn't address finding the QB of the future. i mean if hoyer (or the vet if we had to sign one) played great how many years would they give us until you have to draft the kid to be the franchise for ten years. (yeah like that happens right?)

    Hah- half kidding with this one Mik. Let Manziel start, prove beyond a doubt he's total garbage, Browns go 1-15. "With the first pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Browns select Cardale Jones, quarterback Ohio State."

  • It will be Manziel, Shaw and a washed up bum/unproven benchwarmer all competing for the job. No team with a QB worth anything is going to trade him. The Browns could draft again but not sure starting Brett Hundley is the answer either. Unfortunately good QBs are like aces on a pitching staff but NFL teams don't worry about salary implications.

  • I see the Browns going one of two different directions. They have 2 first round draft picks and more draft picks overall than any other NFL team so they could do some trading to get the franchise quarterback such as Winston. The other option is to use those picks to shore up so many other areas that are needed and just try and sign Hoyer and if that cannot be done get a veteran FA quarterback. The bad thing this year is the highest rated veteran QB is Mark Sanchez which shows me how slim the pickings are.

    The best option I see would be resigning Hoyer if possible, and use their draft picks to shore up the team on both sides of the ball. I really see little chance of Manziel starting. 3rd string qb Connor Shaw outplayed him with the little preparation he had against the Ravens.

    I thought Garrett Hartley looked like a good enough place kicker after he replaced Cundiff.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I see the Browns going one of two different directions. They have 2 first round draft picks and more draft picks overall than any other NFL team so they could do some trading to get the franchise quarterback such as Winston. The other option is to use those picks to shore up so many other areas that are needed and just try and sign Hoyer and if that cannot be done get a veteran FA quarterback. The bad thing this year is the highest rated veteran QB is Mark Sanchez which shows me how slim the pickings are.

    The best option I see would be resigning Hoyer if possible, and use their draft picks to shore up the team on both sides of the ball. I really see little chance of Manziel starting. 3rd string qb Connor Shaw outplayed him with the little preparation he had against the Ravens.

    I thought Garrett Hartley looked like a good enough place kicker after he replaced Cundiff.

    i don't see farmer playing that game of giving away a ton of stuff for one of the 2 top QBs. and all those picks.........we'll need them. i count 4 picks that should go towards OL and DL. then you got your LBs and skill positions. and let's not forget the kicking game.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Bradford isn't worth a bag of dicks. He's barely average.. even when completely healthy, which isn't often.

    Let Hoyer walk, he's not worth anything close to what his demands are.

    Draft Grayson in the second and let him beat Partyboy.

    Actually- Bradford isn't that bad- when healthy- which isn't often. Regarding Hoyer- haven't heard what his demands (actually agent's) are. Possible he might give the Browns a hometown discount.

    PS Per ESPN the Colts are already working on a contract extension for Luck. & really franchise quarterbacks are never allowed to test FA if healthy. The only reason the Colts let Manning go is there were questions about his neck, and they had Luck waiting in the wings.

    @miktoxic said:

    signing hoyer might be the solution for next year and the near future depending on well he performs. if he does good then i'd guess that plan of signing a vet in 2016 would go out the window, correct?

    that being said it still doesn't address finding the QB of the future. i mean if hoyer (or the vet if we had to sign one) played great how many years would they give us until you have to draft the kid to be the franchise for ten years. (yeah like that happens right?)

    Hah- half kidding with this one Mik. Let Manziel start, prove beyond a doubt he's total garbage, Browns go 1-15. "With the first pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Browns select Cardale Jones, quarterback Ohio State."

    @hoorta said:

    Hah- half kidding with this one Mik. Let Manziel start, prove beyond a doubt he's total garbage, Browns go 1-15. "With the first pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Browns select Cardale Jones, quarterback Ohio State."

    many a team has done that. i think it would have to be checked off from the owner down for some of these guys to keep their jobs if that happened.

    who knows what these guys have up their sleeves. look what it got indy when they tanked.

  • Man the players we passed up in the NFC Championship game is sickening. Braylon over Rogers.

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Plan A is to acquire Andrew Luck. The Browns have cornered the market on shit QBs, and it would be wrong to let one more get away.

    Maybe the Browns should inquire about the availability of Russell Wilson who shit himself all over the field today, yet the uber lucky SeaHags managed to win a game where their quarterback played like Brandon Wee-Done on a BAD (I mean REALLY BAD) day.

  • When I first heard Charlie Weis's name for OC I thought no way. I am starting to think however he might do a good job with the Browns. He has a reputation for developing quarterbacks. He also has a good record as offensive coordinator most recently with the Chiefs. He may be a horrible college head coach but NFL offensive coordinator seems to suit him pretty well.;

  • A reputation for developing quarterbacks... Guru. Period.reputation for developing quarterbacks.... Guru.....mentor......

    Now where have I heard that song before?

    WSS

  • A reputation for developing quarterbacks... Guru. Period.reputation for developing quarterbacks.... Guru.....mentor......

    Now where have I heard that song before?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    A reputation for developing quarterbacks... Guru. Period.reputation for developing quarterbacks.... Guru.....mentor......

    Now where have I heard that song before?

    WSS

    Even taking that off the table Weis has an excellent record in the NFL as OC.

  • @westside-steve said:

    A reputation for developing quarterbacks... Guru. Period.reputation for developing quarterbacks.... Guru.....mentor......

    Now where have I heard that song before?

    WSS

    Even taking that off the table Weis has an excellent record in the NFL as OC.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Even taking that off the table Weis has an excellent record in the NFL as OC.

    Oh I'm sure he's as good as any. I was just messing with you. We've had a lot of quarterback gurus in and out of town.

    WSS

  • Last-Round.jpg

    To think this was the guy who came here to save the Browns. He needs a little umbrella in that drink.

  • Last-Round.jpg

    To think this was the guy who came here to save the Browns. He needs a little umbrella in that drink.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Last-Round.jpg

    To think this was the guy who came here to save the Browns. He needs a little umbrella in that drink.

    now that looks like an athletic guy we can all rally behind. "let's go guys!! let's win it for the flipper!!!"

    note the sippy cup. my friend used to bring his own to the bar for them to fill up. screw on the top and you could knock it over and nothing would spill. classic.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    Last-Round.jpg

    To think this was the guy who came here to save the Browns. He needs a little umbrella in that drink.

    now that looks like an athletic guy we can all rally behind. "let's go guys!! let's win it for the flipper!!!"

    note the sippy cup. my friend used to bring his own to the bar for them to fill up. screw on the top and you could knock it over and nothing would spill. classic.

    @miktoxic said:

    now that looks like an athletic guy we can all rally behind. "let's go guys!! let's win it for the flipper!!!"

    note the sippy cup. my friend used to bring his own to the bar for them to fill up. screw on the top and you could knock it over and nothing would spill. classic.

    Out living it up with the 20 mil Lerner gave him when he left.

  • I wonder how you get a gig as a golf cart chauffeur?

  • I wonder how you get a gig as a golf cart chauffeur?

    @tour2ma said:

    I wonder how you get a gig as a golf cart chauffeur?

    You have to be good with a little bitty pencil that does not have an eraser on it. 😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    I wonder how you get a gig as a golf cart chauffeur?

    You have to be good with a little bitty pencil that does not have an eraser on it. 😉

    @texasag1969 said:

    You have to be good with a little bitty pencil that does not have an eraser on it. 😉

    and knowing how to make a mai tai won't get you kicked out.