Doug Marrone
-
I think the Browns should look at this guy for OC. He improved the Bills and was able to do it with Kyle Orton. And he seems to be the perfectly unstable kind of person that fits this Browns organization. Plus he's the only one to see Johnny do anything on a football field in the NFL.
-
I think the Browns should look at this guy for OC. He improved the Bills and was able to do it with Kyle Orton. And he seems to be the perfectly unstable kind of person that fits this Browns organization. Plus he's the only one to see Johnny do anything on a football field in the NFL.
I think the Browns should look at this guy for OC. He improved the Bills and was able to do it with Kyle Orton. And he seems to be the perfectly unstable kind of person that fits this Browns organization. Plus he's the only one to see Johnny do anything on a football field in the NFL.
He gave up his Bills gig believing, I think, that he was a shoe-in to get the Jets job. That didn't work out. Now he may be SOL......the only openings left are Atlanta and Denver. ATL wants Dan Quin I think. Denver certainly does not seem likely for him....they may hire Gase.
So, if he wants to stay in the NFL....he will have to take an asst. coach gig.
What is his background? Is he an offensive guy? I didn't think he was.
If no NFL gig, he could go back to college. He came from Syracuse, no?
Buffalo University needs a new coach.....he can stay in his same home.
(What other colleges are still looking for an HC?).
-
the thing is with a guy like marrone who had positives leaving the bills, he will not be satisfied with being a coordinator for more than a year.
last thing you want to do is hire a guy vying for your job.
-
Marrone probably committed NFL suicide......second guessed his GM, tried to leverage his team and quit.....I wouldn't want him on the Browns in any capacity....ever
Id be surprised to see any GM take a chance by hiring him this year.....but we shall see...
Marrone probably committed NFL suicide......second guessed his GM, tried to leverage his team and quit.....I wouldn't want him on the Browns in any capacity....ever
Id be surprised to see any GM take a chance by hiring him this year.....but we shall see...
Yea, like I said, back to college for him.
-
I was convinced he had a hand-shake deal for the Jets but man, does he have egg on his face right now. You're right too, if I was an owner I wouldn't seriously consider this guy after this event.
-
Marrone ran away and most of his assistants are now jobless... But Marrone gets a nice $4 million. It kind of scared His Jets chance and now no one wants him for more then a jerk off general meeting.
-
Almost makes Rexy look good.


Almost

-
Almost makes Rexy look good.


Almost

George C said:
Yeah... Like him or not, I wouldn't be making those encompassing statements about Rex, or his old man from a Browns standpoint..
NE fans..GB fans..Pitts fans.. Balt fans...maybe.
This may be the smartest/best head coach to ever wear the Browns colors..
Think about it.
What??? Browns fans cant make statements but NE, GB and Pitts fans can? Why? Do you think fans of good teams know more than fans of bad teams? Or do they get some special rights because their team won more games? Thats one fucked up comment you made there.
And I think it's odd how you previously said Rex was a quarterback killer and, when he was mentioned as a candidate for Buff. you said god help us. But, NOW, he's all of a sudden something special.
Hahaha. He isn;t on any teams list of coaches called "smartest/best coach". Let alone the Browns smartest or best. That statement alone removes every drop of credibility you ever had.
-
I actually thought Rex was kind of funny there in that photo poking fun at his brother when the Jets played the Browns when Rob was our defensive coordinator.
Seriously I don't think the Bills made a bad decision with Rex (and Greg Roman as OC) but he will find himself in a similar situation he had with the Jets without a quarterback.
-
The Bills have serious talent, they were the #1D for good reason.. Jets don't have NFL level talent except at DL because the GM was incompetent. Rex will do fine.
-
The Bills have serious talent, they were the #1D for good reason.. Jets don't have NFL level talent except at DL because the GM was incompetent. Rex will do fine.
The Bills have serious talent, they were the #1D for good reason.. Jets don't have NFL level talent except at DL because the GM was incompetent. Rex will do fine.
i know there's a couple of guys on the OL for the jets i wouldn't mind seeing in the orange and brown. one played for the national champions.
-
George C said:
I think you and tour just like to fight like little children in a sandbox.
Before you start throwing stones at me, or making me the bad guy, maybe start looking at your own HC's over the years before picking up your handful of rocks.
Ironically, your guy is part of the Rex tree, and made him into who he is today....duh..
Please... talking personalities here... Rex's vs. Pet's...
Do you really want to make the case that there is even a contest there?
As for children... look who had to resort to personal stuff for the child.
That would be you...
-
George C said:
I don't think O line is a weakness for the Browns.. By any stretch of the imagination.
it was when our center went down.....and who knows how he'll come back from injury.
-
George C said:
"You" are talking personalities. I'm talking facts.
What the fuck do you care who coaches my team, right?
Hypocrite extrordinaire. You just want to fight....like a child.
I do love a good "argument"... I will give you that. Let me know if you are ever up for one... maybe on a topic where we actually disagree.
George C said:
Im guessing it's going to be Frank Reich for the Bills. They have to pick someone who has an offensive brain that knows more than three offensive plays, and will leave Schwartz alone and let him do his thing. Someone who gets along with everyone, and has won everywhere he has gone. 180 degrees from Marrone if you will.
Now, Rex Ryan is making the rumor mill. God help us...
-
None of which has anything to do with Rex and the Bills. Deflect much?
Nowhere did I ever disparage your view. Just explained mine. Sorry that my disagreeing irks you, but that's your issue.
As for ignore... I will never reply to a single post you make in a Bills Forum. You'll just have to settle for that.
-
Doug Marrone! Is off to Jacksonville to be their OL coach...
-
George C said:
Jacksonville just hired their version of an infectious virus. They are fucked.
Too bad, I was hoping to see Bortles develop without a major injury.
Maybe as just an OL coach (not even OC) his ego will be slightly deflated.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login