Cavs sit tight, make no deal at the Trade Deadline
-
I am not unhappy....
1) At 37 yrs old, Shaq has a MUCH larger chance of season ending injury than our younger players.
2) For guys in their 30's, teams wanted our young talent.
3) The Cavs team chemistry & performance now is the best I have EVER seen here.
4) IF we stay healthy, I feel we have a very real shot at the title.
If we can sign Joe Smith, I say DO IT! I liked him last season & would love to get him back....he just MAY be that missing link, without costing us our future.
Mike
I am not unhappy....
1) At 37 yrs old, Shaq has a MUCH larger chance of season ending injury than our younger players.
C'mon Mike, don't allow this turtle-vest, Ohioian fear approach to sports prevent ya from reaching another Championship. Shaq's healthy and playing rejuvenated at the time being, coming off an All-star MVP weekend.
Our alternative is getting half-lost J.J. Hickson and his growing pains, more reps during a Championship run. Oh yeah, and to lose Wally for nothing next season.
2) For guys in their 30's, teams wanted our young talent.
Actually, let's keep things in perspective, teams were more interested in our expiring contracts than young talent.
3) The Cavs team chemistry & performance now is the best I have EVER seen here.
They had a nice run of team chemistry, but tailed off near the end of the second half and were exposed for a weakness in the paint. If they can find that team chemistry on the court again, and get back to playing sound team defense, they can hang till the end with the big boys with a chance to win it all. It's gonna take near the best chemistry you've ever seen to pull this thing off ... and a damn fun ride.
4) IF we stay healthy, I feel we have a very real shot at the title.
I agree.
If we can sign Joe Smith, I say DO IT! I liked him last season & would love to get him back....he just MAY be that missing link, without costing us our future.
Mike
I agree.
-
This was a key thread on the season.
Those that wanted to address Orlando, and not ignoring them with only sights set on Boston ... knew what they were talking about, and we never addressed that need ... and it cost us BIG TIME.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login