Skip to content

The Browns interviewed Mike Martz for OC

The Browns Board
20 14 1.2k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    If Martz is hired, then clearly the plan is to get JM killed.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #7

    martz = fuck no.

  • If Martz is hired, then clearly the plan is to get JM killed.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tour2ma said:

    If Martz is hired, then clearly the plan is to get JM killed.

    Sign him now

  • @tour2ma said:

    If Martz is hired, then clearly the plan is to get JM killed.

    Sign him now

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @d-bone said:

    Sign him now

    LOL!

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares
    #10

    Jesus Christ no. Pass happy offense that will not translate well in the AFC North.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I like the idea of that O. That doesn't mean you still don't run the ball, and even beast mode it when necessary.

    Hawkins could be a real beast in that O and think Manziell could thrive in that type of O.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #12

    The upside is that Martz would get Johnny crippled and out of the picture.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Add some value here.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Unfortunately so far we are experiencing coaching deja vu. I've said it before what is your pitch to hire a guy? Winning tradition? Job security? Elite QB? Again I'm going to get jumped on for being negative but what do the Browns have to offer?

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Gee , that's all we need is Mike Martz and his own presser each week.. "Hurl"

  • Unfortunately so far we are experiencing coaching deja vu. I've said it before what is your pitch to hire a guy? Winning tradition? Job security? Elite QB? Again I'm going to get jumped on for being negative but what do the Browns have to offer?

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @baconhound said:

    Unfortunately so far we are experiencing coaching deja vu. I've said it before what is your pitch to hire a guy? Winning tradition? Job security? Elite QB? Again I'm going to get jumped on for being negative but what do the Browns have to offer?

    50 free full body massage coupons from Love U long Time

  • I like the idea of that O. That doesn't mean you still don't run the ball, and even beast mode it when necessary.

    Hawkins could be a real beast in that O and think Manziell could thrive in that type of O.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @ballpeen said:

    I like the idea of that O. That doesn't mean you still don't run the ball, and even beast mode it when necessary.

    Hawkins could be a real beast in that O and think Manziell could thrive in that type of O.

    What in the word would make you think Manziel would thrive in that type of offense?

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #18

    first off if you are going to hire an OC just because of manziel then it's a fail from the get go.

    not signing trestman was huge as he was a head coach for a team that plays in similar weather conditions. he also got beat up so bad that i doubt if he;d even be thinking of knocking of pettine and becoming the HC.

    martz on the other hand though...............is a scheming, all about me mother Fer. i called it about holmgren and i call it about martz. keep him the fuck away from my browns.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #19

    ^ I might have agreed about Martz being all for him some years ago. I don't know that to be true today. He's been out of the league for 2-3 years now. He's had his day in the sun so to speak as a head coach. I think he could be perfectly fine filling out his days as a OC.

    I do agree it would be a mistake to hire a OC to somehow fit manziell. Heck, we don't even know if he is going to be the QB at this point. All I am saying is Martz played his version of spread football. I think that would be well tailored to what Manziell did in college.

  • first off if you are going to hire an OC just because of manziel then it's a fail from the get go.

    not signing trestman was huge as he was a head coach for a team that plays in similar weather conditions. he also got beat up so bad that i doubt if he;d even be thinking of knocking of pettine and becoming the HC.

    martz on the other hand though...............is a scheming, all about me mother Fer. i called it about holmgren and i call it about martz. keep him the fuck away from my browns.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @miktoxic said:

    first off if you are going to hire an OC just because of manziel then it's a fail from the get go.

    I don't see Martz as a "Manziel hire". Cannot recall him working with a "mobile" QB. What I do recall is him getting his QBs pummeled with slow-developing, pass designs that made QBs hold the ball.

    Add that at heart he's a pass happy SOB whose teams were consistently top 5 in pass attempts and bottom 5 in run attempts, and there'd simply be no consistency of approach between HC and OC.

    I just can't see it...