Survey Thursday...January 22
-
Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
He still needs a QB... If we get a real one, then yes he'll be "the answer."
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
Braxton can run, but doesn't have the arm,
JT is accurate, but not with the deep ball, and he doesn't run as effectively as Braxton,
Cardale Jones can beat you rushing, throwing from the pocket, or throwing outside the pocket... and he is BY FAR the most talented of the three...
I'm going with Cardale Jones. And it's not even close...
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
Couldn't care less. How many points did they win by?
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
History of Jazz at the University of Toledo with a 7-time grammy winner Jon Hendricks as the professor. Amazing guy and amazing class...
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Mount Rushmore... not sure if that's the type of "work of art" you were asking for, but that was amazing to see in person
-
Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
That answer can only be answered in the rear-view mirror.
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
Don't give a rats asp.
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
Well, it appears that the issue goes well beyond Brady and the Pats. Is coloring outside the lines (rules) ok? I say, "No". To date, the only admitted culprit is Aaron Rogers who said he likes to over-inflate them
Truth be told, the only real difference between the NFL and WWE is the socio-economic groups that support them.
The former, however, don't believed how f''up the event is.
NFL zealots just don't want to believe what their eyes and ears (lets throw out common sense) demonstrate day in and day out.
Yes, you do - sometimes - discover the obvious
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
I found Organic Chemistry to be the most challenging and received my 2 lowest grades in college.
I liked the 2 Film classes I took for my Fine Arts requirements. Not film-making, but studying classic films, techniques, etc. A nice break from all the Biology, Chemistry and math courses.
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Like with wine, I can't tell a stellar piece of art from a piece of shit. In fact, to me, most abstract art looks like shit to me. See #4 above.
If we can include nature as art, I found the Grand Canyon breathtaking.
Or Raquel Welsh
-
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
Absolutely.
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
Jones
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
Much Ado about nothing. Humorous if anything. Brady will laugh his way through press conference.
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
Introduction to Music at 7AM ... in a dark auditorium listening to classical music. Slept through it ... Got a D ... only class I have ever had to take over. Took it during normal hours and still got a C.
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
I took Intro to Music because the other option was Intro to Art. Couldn't care less. Went to the Louvre but didn't see the Mona Lisa. Went to the Vatican but didn't see the Sisteen Chapel ... so it would have be something I accidentally saw.
Here, this is interesting:

-
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
Absolutely.
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
Jones
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
Much Ado about nothing. Humorous if anything. Brady will laugh his way through press conference.
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
Introduction to Music at 7AM ... in a dark auditorium listening to classical music. Slept through it ... Got a D ... only class I have ever had to take over. Took it during normal hours and still got a C.
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
I took Intro to Music because the other option was Intro to Art. Couldn't care less. Went to the Louvre but didn't see the Mona Lisa. Went to the Vatican but didn't see the Sisteen Chapel ... so it would have be something I accidentally saw.
Here, this is interesting:

-
Here, this is interesting:

Is that Piney with her twin sister???
-
Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
If they can fid a QB
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
Jones
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
I don't care
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
Home economics
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Lincoln Memorial
-
Here, this is interesting:

Is that Piney with her twin sister???
Here, this is interesting:

Is that Piney with her twin sister???
Pinerider? I miss her.
Zombo
-
Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
He is AN answer, whether or not he is THE answer remains to be seen. As others have noted....it would be nice for him to have a quality QB to work with.
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
I think Barrett probably.
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
I tell you what, prince, a college of wit-crackers cannot flout me out of my humor. Dost thou think I care for satire or an epigram? No. If a man will be beaten with brains, a' shall wear nothing handsome about him.....I will think nothing to any purpose that the world can say against it.....for man is a giddy thing. That is my conclusion.
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
Estate tax......because now you don't even have to bother with the subject unless you have a client with over 5 million dollars.
Then Torts.
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
I have been to the Louvre.....and seen that smiling lady up close and personal.
And I learned why she was smiling...she was having her clitoris serviced while doing the sitting.
Also....a Sunday Afternoon with George.
Finally: Rocky, on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of art.
-

Featured in Ferris Beuhler's Day off.
-

-
Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
Remains to be seen. Hope so.
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
Jones, and it's not even going to be close. Miller won't even be able to throw until August. Cardale will get all the spring practice reps- it's his job to lose. Barrett can redshirt another year while Cardale tears up the competition, and turns pro 2016. You heard it here first.
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
No big deal- but Belicheat and the Pats are gonna get reamed- conveniently AFTER the Super Bowl.
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
Advanced qualitative organic analysis. 5 unknowns- one of which I was sure was cumene- a close relative of toluene. So for my advanced "project"- I had to make a derivative of it. Decided to make trinitro cumene- yeah- for all intents and purposes TNT. Whoops, got a little overheated, and had a minor explosion in the lab. Hey Larry, what just happened? dum de dum de dum "Gee- I have no idea". Yeah- I come from a long family of pyros.

5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
I don't do art. I suppose a few of Monet's if you pushed me. Does the Hope Diamond count?
-
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
As they say in the draft-best available.
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
Barrett or Jones-betting Miller transfers.
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
Balls sitting out in cold weather that were already at the minimum would do just that. I suspect they will conduct a test to prove it.
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
Accounting was the most boring drudgery ever invented and perpetrated on human beings. Had to be on suicide watch for two semesters worth.
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Michealangelo's David in Florence, Italy hands down. I bet most here do not know he is actually in motion of taking his first step towards Goliath and that he is left handed. The sling goes from that hand over his back to the rock he has in his right hand. Two prior artists had given up on that stone he carved it from whereas he saw "David" inside and felt all he was doing was freeing him from the stone. If you do nothing else in life, go see it.
And the Mona Lisa in Paris is far outshined by several portraits of women by Renior there.
-
gftChris-
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
"interesting?" la sagrada familia in barcelona is stunning and very unusual.
I agree that was great, especially the "tree" columns that hold it all up inside with a natural light opening for the sun on the main alter at noon. I loved Barcelona. I have always told my wife that when one of us dies, I'm moving to the Caribbean. However, Barcelona would be a very close second. They have some damn beautiful brunet women there I would take a heart attach for any day of the week.
-
After a couple of days of Barcelona I was beginning to tire of the city - I go there on business from time to time and it's the same shit, basically like a third world country with the infrastructure and everything. The Gaudi park is nice but at the top of a massive hill you climb up in the 90+ degree heat, for a 'decent' view. Then, we hit la sagrada. Suddenly I'm looking back at the city with fond memories, and have been back a couple of times since.
-
After a couple of days of Barcelona I was beginning to tire of the city - I go there on business from time to time and it's the same shit, basically like a third world country with the infrastructure and everything. The Gaudi park is nice but at the top of a massive hill you climb up in the 90+ degree heat, for a 'decent' view. Then, we hit la sagrada. Suddenly I'm looking back at the city with fond memories, and have been back a couple of times since.
After a couple of days of Barcelona I was beginning to tire of the city - I go there on business from time to time and it's the same shit, basically like a third world country with the infrastructure and everything. The Gaudi park is nice but at the top of a massive hill you climb up in the 90+ degree heat, for a 'decent' view. Then, we hit la sagrada. Suddenly I'm looking back at the city with fond memories, and have been back a couple of times since.
Try the old Gothic Catholic Church there as well. Quite a site inside and out.
Inside the Sagrada Familia
-
Yeah it is very pretty. I went with the good lady on a tour (about 10 days) around Rome, visiting all the churches and chapels, from the vatican right down to "oh look, there's some random church, shall we have a look inside" - just amazing. Not a hugely religious person, but I love churches/cathedrals.
-
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
As they say in the draft-best available.
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
Barrett or Jones-betting Miller transfers.
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
Balls sitting out in cold weather that were already at the minimum would do just that. I suspect they will conduct a test to prove it.
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
Accounting was the most boring drudgery ever invented and perpetrated on human beings. Had to be on suicide watch for two semesters worth.
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Michealangelo's David in Florence, Italy hands down. I bet most here do not know he is actually in motion of taking his first step towards Goliath and that he is left handed. The sling goes from that hand over his back to the rock he has in his right hand. Two prior artists had given up on that stone he carved it from whereas he saw "David" inside and felt all he was doing was freeing him from the stone. If you do nothing else in life, go see it.
And the Mona Lisa in Paris is far outshined by several portraits of women by Renior there.
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
As they say in the draft-best available.
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
Barrett or Jones-betting Miller transfers.
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
Balls sitting out in cold weather that were already at the minimum would do just that. I suspect they will conduct a test to prove it.
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
Accounting was the most boring drudgery ever invented and perpetrated on human beings. Had to be on suicide watch for two semesters worth.
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Michealangelo's David in Florence, Italy hands down. I bet most here do not know he is actually in motion of taking his first step towards Goliath and that he is left handed. The sling goes from that hand over his back to the rock he has in his right hand. Two prior artists had given up on that stone he carved it from whereas he saw "David" inside and felt all he was doing was freeing him from the stone. If you do nothing else in life, go see it.
And the Mona Lisa in Paris is far outshined by several portraits of women by Renior there.
What is most impressive is the expressiveness on his face....almost real:
-
Luxor obelisk -
La Sagrada Familia -
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
I believe he will light the offense's fire once and for all, and he WILL have a qb that will
get the job done. Which, may not be on the roster. They made a mistake not getting him before,
now they FIXED that mistake.
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
This is tough, I actually think it may be Cardale.
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
It's a big deal, because of spygate. You can't condone this going outside of the rules another time. They will
get a fine, maybe draft pick... to show that the rules matter. But it's pretty much not a HUGE big deal.
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
The most interesting class was Freshman English, believe it or not - it was about the Monomyth, Joseph Campbell's
brilliant work "Hero of a Thousand Faces", an expert analysis on the universal trends of elements of adventure in
ancient mythology, all the way up to current day novels. I was fascinated, and did my term paper, all 38 pages,
or was it 42..... "Parsifal's Quest for the Holy Grail and How it Relates to the Basic Monomythical Patterns
In Literature". Oh yeah, I was INTO that term paper. And I got the first A++ he had ever given a student.
And the damn thing was stolen, with all the other A and B papers out of his office, and I never had a copy.
Well, we didn't have computers etc back then. Dammit.
The other amazing class, was on the history of the Middle East. That was great.
The "suckiest" class was Art Appreciation. The weirdo prof flashed pictures of paintings on the wall, and said who
painted it, and the date. That's all. Every stupidass class. The midterm ? It was the same pics of paintings on the wall,
but ...we....had to name the STYLE of each one. Which, he never talked about, or referred to, in class.
"realism"..."cubism" ..."impressionism".... what a sick freak prof he was.
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
The truth? God's creations - the mountains, streams, rivers, trees, oceans... "Mother Earth" I love
the real outdoors. And my wonderful cute Wifie loves tent camping and fishing.
And, of course, God's other creation, referring to the two naked babes on the beach......
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login