2015 - FA / Draft / Notes
-
In regards to Marshall turning 31 this month (?), Miles Austin turns 31 in June I believe - I think there's a chance Austin could be back,
I think Marshall is a better WR, so it'd be nice to have a WR or two over 6' and that will fight for the Ball.
49ers (new player), Browns, Chargers, and Texans are currently looking into Marshall.
Minus - lots of WR FA this year and a good WR Draft means Teams trying to unload WR's are going to have a little more challenge.
Plus - see the Minus, Teams looking for WR's are going to have quite a few options this year (was this foreseen?).
For Mariota, well yeah, Chip was his HC in College and I'd expect he has a LOT of insight into Mariota.
Draft pundits are saying that Mariota will/has the best chance of succeeding in the NFL in Kelly's System, so I'd tend to put a LOT of weight in Kelly going after Mariota.
Problem with Kelly setting up a deal with the Jets @6 is the Browns might set up a deal with the Skins @5.
TB has Glennon, that Lovie has said is their FQB.
Tenn has Mettenberger that they may well consider to be their future FQB.
With this in mind, there's a chance that a trade out of #1 or #2, or even both positions is wide open.
Considering this, there is some validity to the rumor that Kelly is targeting a trade with TB for the #1.
From what I'm seeing so far, Kelly is aggressively filling his holes in FA.
He's restructuring his Cap space (McCoy trade), and getting players he wants/knows (Alonso played for him).
There's more to come, and there may be more under the hood than we're aware of at the moment.
FA kicks off Tuesday 3/10, and the new year for the NFL starts on Thursday 3/12.
Things could get very interesting in the next several days, and there's obviously a good chance that it impacts the Browns as they're the only Team to have 2 First Round Draft picks this year.
TB has Glennon, that Lovie has said is their FQB.Tenn has Mettenberger that they may well consider to be their future FQB.
Tenn might be a trade spot but if TB doesn't take Winston or Mariota I will eat my shoe. No way they trade that pick.
From a WR perspective, although I'm pretty against 1st round WR if Amari Cooper falls to 12 that's a no brainer pick. It seems like it may happen with the buzz White is getting. Amari is going to be an incredible player.
Edit: To update, the Jets got Marshall.
-
In what scenario would you guys consider drafting Tevin Coleman? Perhaps third round?
I wouldn't mind if our first four picks looked like:
1-12. DT - Danny Shelton
1-19. OT - TJ Clemmings (or La'el Collins)
2. WR - Dorial Green-Beckham
3. RB - Tevin Coleman
I don't believe he'll fall past the third round. I actually think he'll end up being a better runningback than Melvin Gordon and on the same level as a healthy Todd Gurley.
In what scenario would you guys consider drafting Tevin Coleman? Perhaps third round?
I wouldn't mind if our first four picks looked like:
1-12. DT - Danny Shelton
1-19. OT - TJ Clemmings (or La'el Collins)
2. WR - Dorial Green-Beckham
3. RB - Tevin Coleman
I don't believe he'll fall past the third round. I actually think he'll end up being a better runningback than Melvin Gordon and on the same level as a healthy Todd Gu
I like this a lot but would rather have the wide reciver from Georgia Chris Conley less of a risk off field and same physically atributes as Beckum
-
The only running back that interests me this draft that has the ability to bring something to the table Crow & West don't have is Abdullah.
The kid is a monster in space, great hands, can run a small handful of routes if need be yet has the strength and vision to run between the tackles.
Flip wants our backs to catch more passes in this offense - Abdullah with the ball in his hands coming out of the backfield has a chance to be special.
-
Take Shaun Draughn off that list, Browns taking care of business
-
Take Shaun Draughn off that list, Browns taking care of business
Take Shaun Draughn off that list, Browns taking care of business
Yes, I was only reporting on the top 200....Draughn was not there....but yes take him off the list.
-
What we do not have on our roster is an elusive back with speed to burn. I like Ameer, but he's not that guy either.
What we do not have on our roster is an elusive back with speed to burn. I like Ameer, but he's not that guy either.
Abdullah had the fasted 20 yard shuttle, 3 cone drill and highest vertical at the combine of all RB's.
Plus there is this.... I think we disagree on how explosive this kid is. The top end speed isn't elite. That initial burst? Absolutely.
-
Just watched a fair bit on Jordan Philips. I thought I was watching Big Phil when be was at Baylor. He doesn't dominate the center one on one because he doesn't have the burst or arm length. At the 0 tech he's a non existent pass rusher and gets stood up, quite a bit. At a 1tech he's a little more disruptive, flows pretty well laterally and looks serviceable.
He was worn down very, very quickly though. Probably the least stamina from any potential nose I've seen so far. Doesn't shed blocks very well because of his arm length, soft hands and lack of lateral quickness.
Maybe with a year or two in an NFL strength and conditioning program I could see a worthy higher investment. As it stands, I'm not putting anything more than a 2nd round pick down for this kid.
He had back surgery in 2013. That's a big concern especially if he's going to be asked to command double teams and keep blockers off the ILBers. Then there's the issues with his stamina and reports of taking plays off. I can't help but think of Gerrard Warren here.
He had back surgery in 2013. That's a big concern especially if he's going to be asked to command double teams and keep blockers off the ILBers. Then there's the issues with his stamina and reports of taking plays off. I can't help but think of Gerrard Warren here.
The surgery is a secondary red flag in my mind. Obviously its something to take in account and can effect his performance. However I can't imagine Philips ceiling being much higher even at full health.
-
My wish list is:
Julius Thomas
Terrance Knighton
Mike Iupati
Torrey Smith
Brian Bulaga
Jerome Felton
But all of those guys are going to conmand large contracts and that doesn't seem to fit with Farmer's mentality. So, I think we could see something more like this:
Jerry Hughes
Andre Holmes
Trent Cole
Clint Boling
Ed Dickson
Dan Williams
Landing at least three of those guys would be a major step in the right direction and would allow us room to move around in the draft if we see fit. All of these guys are talented players who won't command monstrous contracts, yet would likely immediately start for us.
-
What we do not have on our roster is an elusive back with speed to burn. I like Ameer, but he's not that guy either.
Abdullah had the fasted 20 yard shuttle, 3 cone drill and highest vertical at the combine of all RB's.
Plus there is this.... I think we disagree on how explosive this kid is. The top end speed isn't elite. That initial burst? Absolutely.
-
Talk about losing all credibility. How about this mock draft by Ian Wharton of bleacherreport. He has Brown to us @12 and has Shelton totally disappear from the first round. He also has a most likely 2nd round CB in his top 10.
-
Talk about losing all credibility. How about this mock draft by Ian Wharton of bleacherreport. He has Brown to us @12 and has Shelton totally disappear from the first round. He also has a most likely 2nd round CB in his top 10.
Talk about losing all credibility. How about this mock draft by Ian Wharton of bleacherreport. He has Brown to us @12 and has Shelton totally disappear from the first round. He also has a most likely 2nd round CB in his top 10.
Just look at who he has going to the Ravens at #26...
-
Talk about losing all credibility. How about this mock draft by Ian Wharton of bleacherreport. He has Brown to us @12 and has Shelton totally disappear from the first round. He also has a most likely 2nd round CB in his top 10.
Talk about losing all credibility. How about this mock draft by Ian Wharton of bleacherreport. He has Brown to us @12 and has Shelton totally disappear from the first round. He also has a most likely 2nd round CB in his top 10.
Did he have any credibility to begin with???......I would agree that Shelton isn't one who's gonna drop that far....But.....no one is projecting CB's for the first round....and I see about 4 going before round 2.....(and waynes may NOT be the first, second or third)
Just look at who he has going to the Ravens at #26...
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round....
My favorite, that no one talks about, is Quinten Rollins from Miami Ohio.....another one that could(should) pop in the 1st round...
-
Browns can make prep talks, but not sign anyone until Tuesday when FA opens up.
Matt Lombardo @MattLombardo975 ยท 4h 4 hours ago Hearing Ray Farmer, the #Browns will make a strong push today for Maclin. They have about $50 million in cap space, huge need at WR. #Eagles
Vikes, 49er's, Texans, and Jets looking at Hoyer.
-
The only running back that interests me this draft that has the ability to bring something to the table Crow & West don't have is Abdullah.
The kid is a monster in space, great hands, can run a small handful of routes if need be yet has the strength and vision to run between the tackles.
Flip wants our backs to catch more passes in this offense - Abdullah with the ball in his hands coming out of the backfield has a chance to be special.
The only running back that interests me this draft that has the ability to bring something to the table Crow & West don't have is Abdullah.
Abdullah had the fasted 20 yard shuttle, 3 cone drill and highest vertical at the combine of all RB's.
Plus there is this.... I think we disagree on how explosive this kid is. The top end speed isn't elite. That initial burst? Absolutely.
Sorry, but a swing pass out of the backfield that should have gone for no more than 11 yards, but went the distance vs. McNeese St. doesn't impress me. What also doesn't impress is his pass protection...
Ameer brings agility to be sure, but lacks top end speed. Just feels like he'd be a dancer behind the ZBS. Based upon 10-yd split, Crow, with his decisive, one-cut style actually accelerates harder. And West shows more patience wide.
The kid may well develop, and excepting his 40 time, I love his measureables, but all that adds up to IMO is a "like".
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round...
Better not go to Utah anytime soon...

Many think Rowe is considered an even better FS candidate than he is a CB.
-
The only running back that interests me this draft that has the ability to bring something to the table Crow & West don't have is Abdullah.
Abdullah had the fasted 20 yard shuttle, 3 cone drill and highest vertical at the combine of all RB's.
Plus there is this.... I think we disagree on how explosive this kid is. The top end speed isn't elite. That initial burst? Absolutely.
Sorry, but a swing pass out of the backfield that should have gone for no more than 11 yards, but went the distance vs. McNeese St. doesn't impress me. What also doesn't impress is his pass protection...
Ameer brings agility to be sure, but lacks top end speed. Just feels like he'd be a dancer behind the ZBS. Based upon 10-yd split, Crow, with his decisive, one-cut style actually accelerates harder. And West shows more patience wide.
The kid may well develop, and excepting his 40 time, I love his measureables, but all that adds up to IMO is a "like".
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round...
Better not go to Utah anytime soon...

Many think Rowe is considered an even better FS candidate than he is a CB.
Better not go to Utah anytime soon...

Many think Rowe is considered an even better FS candidate than he is a CB.
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round..
Whoops........................ ...............................^^^^^Fixed ^^^^.
-
Better not go to Utah anytime soon...

Many think Rowe is considered an even better FS candidate than he is a CB.
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round..
Whoops........................ ...............................^^^^^Fixed ^^^^.
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round..
Whoops........................ ...............................^^^^^Fixed ^^^^.
He is a solid player and had a good combine but I haven't read anywhere that he's being considered as a 1st round pick. I'm not particularly fond of most B/R writers other than Bowen and Miller, but I was trying to make the point that this guy is even worse than the norm.
-
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round..
Whoops........................ ...............................^^^^^Fixed ^^^^.
He is a solid player and had a good combine but I haven't read anywhere that he's being considered as a 1st round pick. I'm not particularly fond of most B/R writers other than Bowen and Miller, but I was trying to make the point that this guy is even worse than the norm.
He is a solid player and had a good combine but I haven't read anywhere that he's being considered as a 1st round pick. I'm not particularly fond of most B/R writers other than Bowen and Miller, but I was trying to make the point that this guy is even worse than the norm.
Well ....now you've read it here...

Ima guess he actually goes second round, but do know that the Ravens have interest in him and are picking a bit late....so, it's not really an outrageous thought....
I will agree 100%, that B/R is not loaded with quality writers....I rarely pay any attention to their articles lists.....their tactics kind of remind me of the USA Today color pie chart and graph type of reporting....lots of pictures, but very little substance..
-
He is a solid player and had a good combine but I haven't read anywhere that he's being considered as a 1st round pick. I'm not particularly fond of most B/R writers other than Bowen and Miller, but I was trying to make the point that this guy is even worse than the norm.
Well ....now you've read it here...

Ima guess he actually goes second round, but do know that the Ravens have interest in him and are picking a bit late....so, it's not really an outrageous thought....
I will agree 100%, that B/R is not loaded with quality writers....I rarely pay any attention to their articles lists.....their tactics kind of remind me of the USA Today color pie chart and graph type of reporting....lots of pictures, but very little substance..
Well ....now you've read it here...

Ima guess he actually goes second round, but do know that the Ravens have interest in him and are picking a bit late....so, it's not really an outrageous thought....
I will agree 100%, that B/R is not loaded with quality writers....I rarely pay any attention to their articles lists.....their tactics kind of remind me of the USA Today color pie chart and graph type of reporting....lots of pictures, but very little substance..
drafttek currently has him far down the list of CBs at 19th best and #139 overall which puts him in the 5th round. They have him as recently rising 49 spots after the combine.
http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Cornerbacks-2015-Draft.asp
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login