Skip to content

2015 - FA / Draft / Notes

The Browns Board
411 43 14.7k
  • Players recruiting players is big news...

    As for a JM trade to TB... can we get it done by Spring Break? πŸ™‚

  • Players recruiting players is big news...

    As for a JM trade to TB... can we get it done by Spring Break? πŸ™‚

    @tour2ma said:

    Players recruiting players is big news...

    As for a JM trade to TB... can we get it done by Spring Break? πŸ™‚

    Actually the whole story is pretty cool - really like the mentality of Starks (according to Dansby).

    Yeah, Spring Break could be kind of scary, especially considering his Girlfriend and Sister recently posted some pics with them drinking . . . will make life hard on Johnny.

    A parting teaser on a QB (I've been a bit sparse the last few weeks) :

    β€œThere is one potentially available QB that whether the receiver was 5 yds out or 50 yds down-field, the ball would be on the receiver.”…...

    .

    .

    .

    Sorry . . . . I don't know right off who this is either . . . . but it's from a pretty good source.

  • Players recruiting players is big news...

    As for a JM trade to TB... can we get it done by Spring Break? πŸ™‚

    @tour2ma said:

    Players recruiting players is big news...

    now......if these 2 could please turn their focus to Clay......

  • Theoretical (however it shows us the direction Farmer may have tried to take us, and I LOVE it)

    Trades (that were rumored):

    Pick 19 for Sam Bradford, QB

    Trade picks 4b and 6a for Larry Fitzgerald, WR

    Free Agency:

    Keep the same

    Draft (something like this):

    12) Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky

    - Can rotate in on both sides. Size similar to Kruger and Speed similar to Mingo.

    43) Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson

    - Would step in as a Day 1 starter and would provide a physical, athletic presence.

    77) Cedric Ogbuehi, RT, Texas A&M

    - Grab a talented player who essentially could "redshirt" this upcoming year

    4a) MyCole Pruitt, TE/FB, Southern Illinois

    - The Browns have a need at both slots and Pruitt could fill the role Marcel Reece did last year with the Raiders

    5) Clayton Geathers, S, UCF

    - Heady safety who has excellent size and athleticism. Always around the ball.

    6B) Joey Mbu, DT, Houston

    - Mbu has the frame to develop into a Nose Tackle. Not very athletic, but broad and strong.

    7) DeAndre Smelter, WR, Georgia Tech

    - Another talented player that is drafted for the future. Tore his ACL in December and would likely sit out 2015 season.

    The team with the addition of Bradford, Hartline, Starks, Fitzgerald, and Williams, along with the rookies would contend. I applaud Farmer for trying to trade for those two vets. Let's say this team would be a Wild Card in 2015. They would undoubtedly improve the following year with Gordon returning (having Fitz as the veteran mentor, he seriously needs) and decent cap flexibility (even taking in consideration Bradford's and Fitzgerald's cap numbers).

  • Fitz? Do we have a QB to throw to him?

    oh ya, Thad "The Champ" Lewis. My bad

  • If the Browns are in a 3-4, and just signed a veteran DL, not a NT ...

    I don't know. I'd think it's more like Shelton at 12.

    But that ILB will go in the first round after the combine. He's a player the Browns

    need. with his agility, maybe he could play any lb position in the 3-4?

    I'd say, Shelton/Brown at 12.... and Stephone Anthony at 19.

    then a 3rd round wr out of Georgia tech?, and a 2nd round OT.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2376101-stephone-anthony-could-be-the-2015-nfl-drafts-surprise-first-round-pick

  • There were a few rumours last night that Philip Rivers is available....

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25111806/philip-rivers-plans-to-let-contract-expire-doesnt-sound-thrilled-with-la



    If the Chargers move to Los Angeles in 2016, Philip Rivers might not be going with them.

    Rivers has been in San Diego since being traded to the Chargers in the first-round of the 2004 NFL Draft, but he could on his way out after 2015 -- and there's several reasons for that.

    For one, Rivers isn't sure he would want to play in Los Angeles if the team were to move there, which is now a definite possibility. Back in mid-February, the Chargers and Raidersannounced plans to build a $1.7 billion stadium in Carson, Calif.

    A move would mean Rivers would have to uproot his wife and their seven children.

    "What we've established here with my growing family is hard to recreate," Rivers told U-T San Diego on Tuesday. "It's hard to up and recreate that. I know that moves are part of life. But that certainly is fair to say that (not being sold on moving to Los Angeles) is part of it. The good thing is I'm not under contract in a year where we'd potentially be in Los Angeles."

    Rivers is right about not being under contract and that's the other reason he could be leaving the Chargers soon: His contract expires after the 2015 and he doesn't sound like someone who has any plans to sign an extension.

    UT-San Diego specifically asked Rivers if his plans were to play out his contract and let it expire.

    "Yes," Rivers said. "What I can control and all I know as of today, I am signed up for one more year. I guess things could change, but with all the uncertainty in many aspects, I don't see it changing before camp gets here, and when camp gets here I'm even more certain to play it out."

    If Rivers doesn't work out an extension, there's also the possibility he could be traded.

    Chargers general manager Tom Telesco was asked if Rivers might be on the trading block and Telesco answered the question without answering the question. He didn't say yes or no.

    "I don't like Philip as our QB, I love him," Telesco wrote in a text to U-T San Diego. "And I'll go to war with him."

    If Telesco really does "love" Rivers as the Chargers quarterback, then he can keep Rivers with the team. If the two sides can't work out a contract extension, the Chargers could hit Rivers with the franchise tag, a move that would cost almost $21 million.

    Rivers is scheduled to make $17.4 million in 2015, in what will be the final year of the contract extension he signed in August 2009.

  • Brandon Scherff and Maxx Williams in the first round?

  • They would be insane to let Rivers go......but Im a huge fan and think he's one of the more under rated of all the elites......

    "if" he's available.....I say sell the farm!

  • Brandon Scherff and Maxx Williams in the first round?

    @poeticg said:

    Brandon Scherff and Maxx Williams in the first round?

    Fuuuuuuuck no.

  • They would be insane to let Rivers go......but Im a huge fan and think he's one of the more under rated of all the elites......

    "if" he's available.....I say sell the farm!

    @mudfly said:

    They would be insane to let Rivers go......but Im a huge fan and think he's one of the more under rated of all the elites......

    "if" he's available.....I say sell the farm!

    I would say the same, but he only has one year left on his contract... I would have to know he'd sign an extension, which he probably wouldn't...

  • Brandon Scherff and Maxx Williams in the first round?

    @poeticg said:

    Brandon Scherff and Maxx Williams in the first round?

    272.gif

  • The more I watch of Mariota and Mannion... the less I like what I see.

  • Just made myself watch some Greyson tape... vs. San Jose St. and Utah.

    Not only did I see no evidence that he reads Ds, I saw no evidence that he sees DBs. Other things not in evidence were mobility and judicious use of "touch".

  • Just made myself watch some Greyson tape... vs. San Jose St. and Utah.

    Not only did I see no evidence that he reads Ds, I saw no evidence that he sees DBs. Other things not in evidence were mobility and judicious use of "touch".

    @tour2ma said:

    Just made myself watch some Greyson tape... vs. San Jose St. and Utah.

    Not only did I see no evidence that he reads Ds, I saw no evidence that he sees DBs. Other things not in evidence were mobility and judicious use of "touch".

    Good news with the Utah film, his oline did him no favors but Orchard was very active in that game. I really like Nate.

  • @mudfly said:

    They would be insane to let Rivers go......but Im a huge fan and think he's one of the more under rated of all the elites......

    "if" he's available.....I say sell the farm!

    I would say the same, but he only has one year left on his contract... I would have to know he'd sign an extension, which he probably wouldn't...

    @thenew23 said:

    I would say the same, but he only has one year left on his contract... I would have to know he'd sign an extension, which he probably wouldn't...

    Agreed....I didn't check his comntract status, but definitely wouldn't sell the farm without a favorable(long term) deal in place...

  • The Randy Starks signing should be good for depth at least - and he could be a good starter in place of the now-terrible FA signing of Bryant.

    Taylor/Shelton/Starks as starters should hold up better against the run. Hughes/Kitchen/Winn/Bryant as backup/ST.

    Does Jermaine Gresham have a problem I'm not aware of? He was a first-round pick that hasn't done much.. should be a 2y/$8M deal, right?

  • Funchess will bust. He can't separate, can't block, drops more than he should, and loses nearly every 50-50 battle. Other than that, he's great.

    Green-Beckham might be worth a 3rd round pick with the right locker room.. and the Browns are not that.

  • What I wouldn't mind seeing -

    Sign Gresham and Jake Long at severely reduced contracts. Bring in Mason Foster or Rolando McClain to compete for an ILB spot.

    What will actually happen -

    Nothing.

    We filled holes with solid veteran talent. We'll likely receive three compensatory picks. We're done here.