2015 - FA / Draft / Notes
-
They would be insane to let Rivers go......but Im a huge fan and think he's one of the more under rated of all the elites......
"if" he's available.....I say sell the farm!
They would be insane to let Rivers go......but Im a huge fan and think he's one of the more under rated of all the elites......
"if" he's available.....I say sell the farm!
I would say the same, but he only has one year left on his contract... I would have to know he'd sign an extension, which he probably wouldn't...
-
-
The more I watch of Mariota and Mannion... the less I like what I see.
-
Just made myself watch some Greyson tape... vs. San Jose St. and Utah.
Not only did I see no evidence that he reads Ds, I saw no evidence that he sees DBs. Other things not in evidence were mobility and judicious use of "touch".
Just made myself watch some Greyson tape... vs. San Jose St. and Utah.
Not only did I see no evidence that he reads Ds, I saw no evidence that he sees DBs. Other things not in evidence were mobility and judicious use of "touch".
Good news with the Utah film, his oline did him no favors but Orchard was very active in that game. I really like Nate.
-
They would be insane to let Rivers go......but Im a huge fan and think he's one of the more under rated of all the elites......
"if" he's available.....I say sell the farm!
I would say the same, but he only has one year left on his contract... I would have to know he'd sign an extension, which he probably wouldn't...
-
Free agency what is left .....would you take any of these ?
-
The Randy Starks signing should be good for depth at least - and he could be a good starter in place of the now-terrible FA signing of Bryant.
Taylor/Shelton/Starks as starters should hold up better against the run. Hughes/Kitchen/Winn/Bryant as backup/ST.
Does Jermaine Gresham have a problem I'm not aware of? He was a first-round pick that hasn't done much.. should be a 2y/$8M deal, right?
-
Funchess will bust. He can't separate, can't block, drops more than he should, and loses nearly every 50-50 battle. Other than that, he's great.
Green-Beckham might be worth a 3rd round pick with the right locker room.. and the Browns are not that.
-
What I wouldn't mind seeing -
Sign Gresham and Jake Long at severely reduced contracts. Bring in Mason Foster or Rolando McClain to compete for an ILB spot.
What will actually happen -
Nothing.
We filled holes with solid veteran talent. We'll likely receive three compensatory picks. We're done here.
-
What I wouldn't mind seeing -
Sign Gresham and Jake Long at severely reduced contracts. Bring in Mason Foster or Rolando McClain to compete for an ILB spot.
What will actually happen -
Nothing.
We filled holes with solid veteran talent. We'll likely receive three compensatory picks. We're done here.
What I wouldn't mind seeing -
Sign Gresham and Jake Long at severely reduced contracts. Bring in Mason Foster or Rolando McClain to compete for an ILB spot.
What will actually happen -
Nothing.
We filled holes with solid veteran talent. We'll likely receive three compensatory picks. We're done here.
As noted elsewhere, Gresham undergoing back surgery. Long has finished 4 seasons in a row in IR.
Health concerns will cause most to shy away.
-
What I wouldn't mind seeing -
Sign Gresham and Jake Long at severely reduced contracts. Bring in Mason Foster or Rolando McClain to compete for an ILB spot.
What will actually happen -
Nothing.
We filled holes with solid veteran talent. We'll likely receive three compensatory picks. We're done here.
As noted elsewhere, Gresham undergoing back surgery. Long has finished 4 seasons in a row in IR.
Health concerns will cause most to shy away.
As noted elsewhere, Gresham undergoing back surgery. Long has finished 4 seasons in a row in IR.
Health concerns will cause most to shy away.
Exactly, they are at their lowest value. Perfectly healthy, they'd be signed to large contracts and wouldn't be availble.
Take a risk on one or two of these guys for bottom dollar contracts and hope they return to their form. A relatively healthy Jake Long is a much better RT than a perfectly healthy Mitchell Schwartz.
-
As noted elsewhere, Gresham undergoing back surgery. Long has finished 4 seasons in a row in IR.
Health concerns will cause most to shy away.
Exactly, they are at their lowest value. Perfectly healthy, they'd be signed to large contracts and wouldn't be availble.
Take a risk on one or two of these guys for bottom dollar contracts and hope they return to their form. A relatively healthy Jake Long is a much better RT than a perfectly healthy Mitchell Schwartz.
Exactly, they are at their lowest value. Perfectly healthy, they'd be signed to large contracts and wouldn't be availble.
Take a risk on one or two of these guys for bottom dollar contracts and hope they return to their form. A relatively healthy Jake Long is a much better RT than a perfectly healthy Mitchell Schwartz.
Is that so? Based on.... what?
-
Exactly, they are at their lowest value. Perfectly healthy, they'd be signed to large contracts and wouldn't be availble.
Take a risk on one or two of these guys for bottom dollar contracts and hope they return to their form. A relatively healthy Jake Long is a much better RT than a perfectly healthy Mitchell Schwartz.
Is that so? Based on.... what?
-
Based on the fact that Mitchell Schwartz is garbage and I'm better than him.
Damn, you sold me on that. Bravo, sir.
-
Schwartz was in the top half of RT all year long - he's by no means "garbage."
It would require a significant investment to achieve measurably better results than what he did last year.
Farmer may make that investment in the 1st round - that's the only way we don't start Schwartz next year.
-
There were a few rumours last night that Philip Rivers is available....
If the Chargers move to Los Angeles in 2016, Philip Rivers might not be going with them.
Rivers has been in San Diego since being traded to the Chargers in the first-round of the 2004 NFL Draft, but he could on his way out after 2015 -- and there's several reasons for that.
For one, Rivers isn't sure he would want to play in Los Angeles if the team were to move there, which is now a definite possibility. Back in mid-February, the Chargers and Raidersannounced plans to build a $1.7 billion stadium in Carson, Calif.
A move would mean Rivers would have to uproot his wife and their seven children.
"What we've established here with my growing family is hard to recreate," Rivers told U-T San Diego on Tuesday. "It's hard to up and recreate that. I know that moves are part of life. But that certainly is fair to say that (not being sold on moving to Los Angeles) is part of it. The good thing is I'm not under contract in a year where we'd potentially be in Los Angeles."
Rivers is right about not being under contract and that's the other reason he could be leaving the Chargers soon: His contract expires after the 2015 and he doesn't sound like someone who has any plans to sign an extension.
UT-San Diego specifically asked Rivers if his plans were to play out his contract and let it expire.
"Yes," Rivers said. "What I can control and all I know as of today, I am signed up for one more year. I guess things could change, but with all the uncertainty in many aspects, I don't see it changing before camp gets here, and when camp gets here I'm even more certain to play it out."
If Rivers doesn't work out an extension, there's also the possibility he could be traded.
Chargers general manager Tom Telesco was asked if Rivers might be on the trading block and Telesco answered the question without answering the question. He didn't say yes or no.
"I don't like Philip as our QB, I love him," Telesco wrote in a text to U-T San Diego. "And I'll go to war with him."
If Telesco really does "love" Rivers as the Chargers quarterback, then he can keep Rivers with the team. If the two sides can't work out a contract extension, the Chargers could hit Rivers with the franchise tag, a move that would cost almost $21 million.
Rivers is scheduled to make $17.4 million in 2015, in what will be the final year of the contract extension he signed in August 2009.
There were a few rumours last night that Philip Rivers is available....
Some Clown was floating a rumor last week that we were signing Rivers . . . actually worked it for a while and even gave terms

Yeah, didn't bother with that one.
-
The more I watch of Mariota and Mannion... the less I like what I see.
I just do not like even the low chance rumors hanging around out there that we may still make a play for Mariota (I've made several comments on him and his WR's).
Sure, it was OSU's Defense he was going against, but if they can change his game the NFL is going to be a shocker.
Haven't watched Mannion, though he's one of four we should be looking into.
-
The Randy Starks signing should be good for depth at least - and he could be a good starter in place of the now-terrible FA signing of Bryant.
Taylor/Shelton/Starks as starters should hold up better against the run. Hughes/Kitchen/Winn/Bryant as backup/ST.
Does Jermaine Gresham have a problem I'm not aware of? He was a first-round pick that hasn't done much.. should be a 2y/$8M deal, right?
The Randy Starks signing should be good for depth at least - and he could be a good starter in place of the now-terrible FA signing of Bryant.
Taylor/Shelton/Starks as starters should hold up better against the run. Hughes/Kitchen/Winn/Bryant as backup/ST.
Does Jermaine Gresham have a problem I'm not aware of? He was a first-round pick that hasn't done much.. should be a 2y/$8M deal, right?
Huh?
I like both Bryants, think they're pretty decent actually.
Way too many injuries last year, hurt damn near everyone of the front seven . . . outside of Kruger, we need to get him some support on the other side.
-
Schwartz was in the top half of RT all year long - he's by no means "garbage."
It would require a significant investment to achieve measurably better results than what he did last year.
Farmer may make that investment in the 1st round - that's the only way we don't start Schwartz next year.
Schwartz was in the top half of RT all year long - he's by no means "garbage."
It would require a significant investment to achieve measurably better results than what he did last year.
Farmer may make that investment in the 1st round - that's the only way we don't start Schwartz next year.
Schwartz, in comparison to the rest of our OL wasn't stellar . . . compared to the rest of the NFL he was pretty good - gotta be a weak(er) link somewhere

Some talk that we'll grab an OL at 19(?)
Might be the wrong slot (on my part), but there's a kid out there (don't remember name right off) that is very good and has versatility in the ability to play multiple OL positions well.
I need to dig up his name, but this is the OL we're probably looking at.
There's also talk that we may move down from 19 - don't know that I'd have a major problem with this depending on the deal.
Farmer ruling :
Went as it should have, but I think we're going to feel a little bit more impact than most people are thinking.
Maybe fooling myself, but I think we get a better 1st Round this year . . . of course I still think we'll recoup some from last year's 1st, so let's see.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
