Skip to content

2015 - FA / Draft / Notes

The Browns Board
411 43 14.7k
  • Cap there, We pay Suh as FA and with pick number 12 or move up a couple slots for Danny Shelton our D Line is AFCN Beast. LB Peryman at the U 2nd 1st round pick, Stop the run is done and points against keeps our O in any game. Get a damn QB and don't care if he's from the CFL.

  • Cap there, We pay Suh as FA and with pick number 12 or move up a couple slots for Danny Shelton our D Line is AFCN Beast. LB Peryman at the U 2nd 1st round pick, Stop the run is done and points against keeps our O in any game. Get a damn QB and don't care if he's from the CFL.

    @gumby73 said:

    Cap there, We pay Suh as FA and with pick number 12 or move up a couple slots for Danny Shelton our D Line is AFCN Beast. LB Peryman at the U 2nd 1st round pick, Stop the run is done and points against keeps our O in any game. Get a damn QB and don't care if he's from the CFL.

    Yeah I agree.

    I subscribe to the philosophy - "Offense wins game. Defense wins Championships"

    Problem is Suh's attitude and reputation.

    I'm not sure it would be a good thing for this Team.

    Then again, maybe we need some nastiness inserted into this Team . . .

  • I want Jordan Phillips the massive tackle from Oklahoma... 6-6, 335 with athleticism. Rotate Phillips with Taylor at NT and also play a little 2/3 tech in hybrid fronts. Sign Suh to play the 5 tech (can obviously play the 4i or 2/3 in hybrid/odd for fronts)....

    Those guys with the Bryants rotating on one side would create a fantastic front. Winn rotates with Suh and Hughes simply plays first/second down and provides depth

  • Cedric Thornton from Philly would be a good DE for stopping the run. Yes, not much against the pass, but that's also everyone else on the roster not named Kruger.

    Do we have the cap space for Orakpo or Justin Houston?

    Do we have the cap space for Iupati?

    Is Locker worth anyone's time?

  • I want Jordan Phillips the massive tackle from Oklahoma... 6-6, 335 with athleticism. Rotate Phillips with Taylor at NT and also play a little 2/3 tech in hybrid fronts. Sign Suh to play the 5 tech (can obviously play the 4i or 2/3 in hybrid/odd for fronts)....

    Those guys with the Bryants rotating on one side would create a fantastic front. Winn rotates with Suh and Hughes simply plays first/second down and provides depth

    @mdmusch said:

    I want Jordan Phillips the massive tackle from Oklahoma... 6-6, 335 with athleticism. Rotate Phillips with Taylor at NT and also play a little 2/3 tech in hybrid fronts. Sign Suh to play the 5 tech (can obviously play the 4i or 2/3 in hybrid/odd for fronts)....

    Those guys with the Bryants rotating on one side would create a fantastic front. Winn rotates with Suh and Hughes simply plays first/second down and provides depth

    After this past year, it's pretty obvious we need to up the quality of our Depth.

    We're going to get hurt this year, and we need Players that can come in and really contribute.

    This also fit's in with the House Cleaning I through out last year, or as Tour called it "pruning" (which I totally agree with).

    We've got to improve the overall quality of this Team from Starter, to rotational Players, to just flat out backups.

    With our first hand experience of "next man up", we need that "next man" to of better quality than what we've seen.

    I'd love to have Suh's talent on this Team . . . there's just too many Red Flags for me to be comfortable with this though.

    The House Cleaning I keep bringing up refers to more than just "lolly gagging" Players, it also includes Players that really just don't have the fire/Talent that we need to move forward.

    We've really been fortunate to grab some Talented players in later rounds/UDFA.

    We need to keep doing this, but we really need to hit big on our high round picks.

    Though not addressed in this reply, I think Gilbert can really be good, he just has to want it.

    The guy was the number 1 ranked CB, but the money and NFL transition has really possed a challenge to this guy so far.

    Desir still needs a lot of work, but looks like he will be really good.

    Williams is a gem, he just needs to build his durability.

    I need to look over the Draft prospects, but from what I've seen, it's not outside the realm of possibilities that the Browns will grab a CB high in the Draft if there's one there at their pick.

  • i'm hoping for a little draft day magic.

    last year was great but i got a feeling this year will be over the top.

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm hoping for a little draft day magic.

    last year was great but i got a feeling this year will be over the top.

    Like what? Getting 2 busts in the 1st? Again? That was really magical.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i'm hoping for a little draft day magic.

    last year was great but i got a feeling this year will be over the top.

    Like what? Getting 2 busts in the 1st? Again? That was really magical.

    @cbus-brownie said:

    Like what? Getting 2 busts in the 1st? Again? That was really magical.

    LOL.

    Yeah, not real funny to be on the receiving end though.

    Gilbert still has a shot - he's got the Tools & Skills, just needs the will and effort.

    JFF is a long shot - don't know if he's got either, definitely needs the effort to even show if he's got the Skills.

    Not directly addressing your comment, but pertains to this years Draft and so forth.

    I'm definitely not an NFL caliber Scout, and I haven't spent a whole lot of time watching every College game this past year.

    Mariota is not a QB candidate we want to go after (sorry Ray).

    I'm not just jumping on the hate Mariota Bandwagon, I said this last year when he was first brought to my attention.

    Seems to be a nice guy, smart and all that.

    The hype everyone's ever pointed me too about how great he was . . . well, his Receivers were so damn wide open that I could have hit them for a huge gain . . . and I'm an OMF.

    How does that show he's a great QB?

    Pretty much said the same about Trent Richardson (on a now defunct Forum) that of outside of one play, I didn't see why he was that great since the Alabama line essentially cleared the field for him.

    One time in his highlights did I see him take on a DB and move things that looked good.

    Also have on here somewhere where with pics where he just totally misses holes you could drive a couple of Tanks through.

    I really think Mariota falls into this category as of this point in time - OSU sure seemed to be on to him.

    Haven't watched Wintson, but he's likely to go #1 from what I've read - no way can we go after him so it's a mute point.

    If Ray tries to go after Mariota (whom he was really high on last year), then not only am I going to be extremely disappointed, but I'll also be looking for us to get a new FO.

    I really expect our FO to have more vision than that, and I really like what Ray has done so far.

    On a personal agenda note, after posting some of those Haslam/Cardale pics . . . I would really like to see us grab this guy next year if possible.

    Kid.s unflappable, has the Arm, touch and is flat out built for the beating our Division elicits.

    I don't care if we have to sit him for three years to develop him, I think he could turn us into the Dynasty we've all been waiting for.

    Meanwhile, I'd have no issues with seeing Hoyer briding/mentoring the gap.

  • @cbus-brownie said:

    Like what? Getting 2 busts in the 1st? Again? That was really magical.

    LOL.

    Yeah, not real funny to be on the receiving end though.

    Gilbert still has a shot - he's got the Tools & Skills, just needs the will and effort.

    JFF is a long shot - don't know if he's got either, definitely needs the effort to even show if he's got the Skills.

    Not directly addressing your comment, but pertains to this years Draft and so forth.

    I'm definitely not an NFL caliber Scout, and I haven't spent a whole lot of time watching every College game this past year.

    Mariota is not a QB candidate we want to go after (sorry Ray).

    I'm not just jumping on the hate Mariota Bandwagon, I said this last year when he was first brought to my attention.

    Seems to be a nice guy, smart and all that.

    The hype everyone's ever pointed me too about how great he was . . . well, his Receivers were so damn wide open that I could have hit them for a huge gain . . . and I'm an OMF.

    How does that show he's a great QB?

    Pretty much said the same about Trent Richardson (on a now defunct Forum) that of outside of one play, I didn't see why he was that great since the Alabama line essentially cleared the field for him.

    One time in his highlights did I see him take on a DB and move things that looked good.

    Also have on here somewhere where with pics where he just totally misses holes you could drive a couple of Tanks through.

    I really think Mariota falls into this category as of this point in time - OSU sure seemed to be on to him.

    Haven't watched Wintson, but he's likely to go #1 from what I've read - no way can we go after him so it's a mute point.

    If Ray tries to go after Mariota (whom he was really high on last year), then not only am I going to be extremely disappointed, but I'll also be looking for us to get a new FO.

    I really expect our FO to have more vision than that, and I really like what Ray has done so far.

    On a personal agenda note, after posting some of those Haslam/Cardale pics . . . I would really like to see us grab this guy next year if possible.

    Kid.s unflappable, has the Arm, touch and is flat out built for the beating our Division elicits.

    I don't care if we have to sit him for three years to develop him, I think he could turn us into the Dynasty we've all been waiting for.

    Meanwhile, I'd have no issues with seeing Hoyer briding/mentoring the gap.

    @jafbf said:

    LOL.

    Yeah, not real funny to be on the receiving end though.

    Gilbert still has a shot - he's got the Tools & Skills, just needs the will and effort.

    JFF is a long shot - don't know if he's got either, definitely needs the effort to even show if he's got the Skills.

    Not directly addressing your comment, but pertains to this years Draft and so forth.

    I'm definitely not an NFL caliber Scout, and I haven't spent a whole lot of time watching every College game this past year.

    Mariota is not a QB candidate we want to go after (sorry Ray).

    I'm not just jumping on the hate Mariota Bandwagon, I said this last year when he was first brought to my attention.

    Seems to be a nice guy, smart and all that.

    The hype everyone's ever pointed me too about how great he was . . . well, his Receivers were so damn wide open that I could have hit them for a huge gain . . . and I'm an OMF.

    How does that show he's a great QB?

    Pretty much said the same about Trent Richardson (on a now defunct Forum) that of outside of one play, I didn't see why he was that great since the Alabama line essentially cleared the field for him.

    One time in his highlights did I see him take on a DB and move things that looked good.

    Also have on here somewhere where with pics where he just totally misses holes you could drive a couple of Tanks through.

    I really think Mariota falls into this category as of this point in time - OSU sure seemed to be on to him.

    Haven't watched Wintson, but he's likely to go #1 from what I've read - no way can we go after him so it's a mute point.

    If Ray tries to go after Mariota (whom he was really high on last year), then not only am I going to be extremely disappointed, but I'll also be looking for us to get a new FO.

    I really expect our FO to have more vision than that, and I really like what Ray has done so far.

    On a personal agenda note, after posting some of those Haslam/Cardale pics . . . I would really like to see us grab this guy next year if possible.

    Kid.s unflappable, has the Arm, touch and is flat out built for the beating our Division elicits.

    I don't care if we have to sit him for three years to develop him, I think he could turn us into the Dynasty we've all been waiting for.

    Meanwhile, I'd have no issues with seeing Hoyer briding/mentoring the gap.

    Great post. 100% agree. I'll turn on Farmer if we trade up for Mariota(tho I don't see it happening).

    I too think, as painful it is, we ride Hoyer until we find the QB we really want (like jones), and add talent to other areas of the team in the meantime. Where that is prioritized is a whole nother discussion..

  • If nobody offers Hoyer starting money and signs anywhere but Cleveland for a backup contract. This front office needs to be held accountable for not doing their jobs. The only fucking way JF starts is if they rig the starting job by bringing in complete scrubs to compete. Cause we know for sure 100% Hoyer is a much better pro than dickwad can ever be.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i'm hoping for a little draft day magic.

    last year was great but i got a feeling this year will be over the top.

    Like what? Getting 2 busts in the 1st? Again? That was really magical.

    @cbus-brownie said:

    Like what? Getting 2 busts in the 1st? Again? That was really magical.

    no asswipe. we all know the first round last year was suspect. even though i still think gilbert will be all-pro like you think manziel will be.

    i was talking about the same type of magic farmer brought with the bitonio - desir picks.

    bitch.

  • I think Gilbert will progress. Where JF needs to have a Buster Skrine type of progression yr to yr. But skrine actually has heart and talent tho.

  • @cbus-brownie said:

    Like what? Getting 2 busts in the 1st? Again? That was really magical.

    no asswipe. we all know the first round last year was suspect. even though i still think gilbert will be all-pro like you think manziel will be.

    i was talking about the same type of magic farmer brought with the bitonio - desir picks.

    bitch.

    @miktoxic said:

    no asswipe. we all know the first round last year was suspect. even though i still think gilbert will be all-pro like you think manziel will be.

    i was talking about the same type of magic farmer brought with the bitonio - desir picks.

    bitch.

    What a complete fucking moron. Bitonio was a great pick. Desir has shown little. You're wrong about Gilbert, as of now he sucks, that's a FACT. so STFU with your BS all pro garbage.

    You're really a pathetic person. You ever get a boyfriend, or still sucking different dick every night off Tinder? Quit posting all day every day on here and get a fuckin life you POS.

  • I think Hoyer is dividing quite a few Browns Fan.

    Fact is, Hoyer is the winningest QB we've had since the 80's/90's.

    Fact - with a good Rushing attack an Hoyer at QB, we win . . . period.

    From what I've seen the past few days, the Browns are going to run more than they did last year.

    If this is effective, pretty much any QB can be effective - with Hoyer at QB, we'll eat anyone for lunch, I really believe that.

    The overlooked aspect of this upcoming year is the continuity on our Defense.

    Yeah, I'd really like Pettine to keep a high focus on this, but we made strides - for as many yards as we allowed, we were a top 10 in points allowed (bottom line this is were the rubber meets the road).

    Continued Defensive progression and and upgrades in our Offense can really change the complexion of this Team.

    Carolina vs Browns.

    When Manziel went out with the injury, how many folks here felt better with our chances when Hoyer came in?

    Seriously, the guy lead the NFL record for a comeback . . . and we're going to throw this guy on the trash heap?

    His and Benjamins Jerseys are in the freakin's Hall of Fame for The Record comeback in the History of the NFL . . .

    First Start for the Browns vs Minnesota.

    Yeah, really, the guy can play.

    He may not be the shinest in the League, but damn folks, he's had some mighty fine games with what he's had to work with . . . how about that Cincy game last year where Dion said "Pay the Man" ?

    He lost his OL, then Gordon came back running the wrong Routes (INT's galore), still had Chemistry with Austin & Dray for critical 3rd Downs . . . .

    We've seen all he has to offer?

    Damn, he's only played what, 16 games in his entire Career?

    Not to mention he was coming back from an ACL injury . . . you're damn straight I'd give Hoyer the Payday and the Starting job until we find someone better (and I don't think it's JFF).

    Sorry, I may be rubbing some forum members the wrong way, but Hoyer is the best QB this Franchise has seen in 15+ years . . . sign him and play him.

  • @miktoxic said:

    no asswipe. we all know the first round last year was suspect. even though i still think gilbert will be all-pro like you think manziel will be.

    i was talking about the same type of magic farmer brought with the bitonio - desir picks.

    bitch.

    What a complete fucking moron. Bitonio was a great pick. Desir has shown little. You're wrong about Gilbert, as of now he sucks, that's a FACT. so STFU with your BS all pro garbage.

    You're really a pathetic person. You ever get a boyfriend, or still sucking different dick every night off Tinder? Quit posting all day every day on here and get a fuckin life you POS.

    @cbus-brownie said:

    What a complete fucking moron. Bitonio was a great pick. Desir has shown little. You're wrong about Gilbert, as of now he sucks, that's a FACT. so STFU with your BS all pro garbage.

    You're really a pathetic person. You ever get a boyfriend, or still sucking different dick every night off Tinder? Quit posting all day every day on here and get a fuckin life you POS.

    Weeeelllllllll, I have to side with Mik on this one.

    Bitonio was a Home Run.

    Desir as a project Player looks like he could be a winner - hell, he's beat out our #1 (Gilbert) at the end of the Season.

    Gilbert has had a few flashes in my eyes.

    Now whether he takes it to the level of his talent level or not is yet to be seen, but at this point I'd rate him a head of JFF.

    Optimistically it'd be fantastic if both started living up to their Billing, but realistically I see Gilbert doing that more than Manziel.

  • OMG

    You've got to be kidding me.

    This was our #1 failure in developing Manziel and correcting the problems Hoyer developed after our OL went too shit :

    Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 2h 2 hours ago Bears announce they've hired former Titans OC and Browns QBs coach Dowell Loggains as their quarterbacks coach. So Gase/Loggains for Cutler.

    If Loggains had been on the job, maybe he should have corrected Hoyer's mechanics after we lost our OL continuity . . . maybe even helped Manziel with his . . . .

    That this guy was ever an OC totally befuddles me.

    On ESPN "Fact or Fiction" they said this guy would never Coach in the NFL again . . . .

  • Like part of this :

    Steve Doerschuk @sdoerschukREP · 7h 7 hours ago Blll's dad once told us SB hardware should be called the Paul Brown Trophy. Chances it will ever be the Belichick Trophy suddenly deflated.

    And . . .

    Browns Notebook: ‘Flip’ head over heels for Josh Gordon

    JG might be around for at least one more Season (personally love the guy, but get a grip on Real Life ) :

    http://www.cantonrep.com/article/20150122/SPORTS/150129700/10406/SPORTS

  • @cbus-brownie said:

    What a complete fucking moron. Bitonio was a great pick. Desir has shown little. You're wrong about Gilbert, as of now he sucks, that's a FACT. so STFU with your BS all pro garbage.

    You're really a pathetic person. You ever get a boyfriend, or still sucking different dick every night off Tinder? Quit posting all day every day on here and get a fuckin life you POS.

    Weeeelllllllll, I have to side with Mik on this one.

    Bitonio was a Home Run.

    Desir as a project Player looks like he could be a winner - hell, he's beat out our #1 (Gilbert) at the end of the Season.

    Gilbert has had a few flashes in my eyes.

    Now whether he takes it to the level of his talent level or not is yet to be seen, but at this point I'd rate him a head of JFF.

    Optimistically it'd be fantastic if both started living up to their Billing, but realistically I see Gilbert doing that more than Manziel.

    @jafbf said:

    Weeeelllllllll, I have to side with Mik on this one.

    Bitonio was a Home Run.

    Desir as a project Player looks like he could be a winner - hell, he's beat out our #1 (Gilbert) at the end of the Season.

    Gilbert has had a few flashes in my eyes.

    Now whether he takes it to the level of his talent level or not is yet to be seen, but at this point I'd rate him a head of JFF.

    Optimistically it'd be fantastic if both started living up to their Billing, but realistically I see Gilbert doing that more than Manziel.

    I agree with your previous post on Hoyer, we need to retain him, period.

    I do not agree with seeing flashes of great www in Gilbert, or those flashes somehow justifying #8 overall. As you mentioned, Kuwan Williams and Desir getting more of than him. Thus far he's an epic bust until proven otherwise.

  • JAF...

    Hoyer's issue was his head, not mechanics. Saw this all through the roller coaster 2nd half of the season.

    As long as we can sustain a run game, week in and week out, then Hoyer is an adequate candidate, but so are many other reasonable options. I think we can improve upon him.

    The key concept above is "sustain a run game" and clearly that means O-line depth... real depth, not just players in uniforms with lineman numbers. McDonald worked hard for weeks to improve to be marginally inadequate... and then got hurt. I shudder to think how we'd have fared had Schwartz gone down let alone Thomas.

  • anyone watching the senior bowl?

    the 'north' team has this kid from wisconsin playing right guard. must be close to 6'9".

  • Hey Tony: Soon the Titans will be going up for sale and Jimmy Haslam is scheduled to pay the Lerners $300 or so million. Don’t you think Haslam would rather own his home state team? How likely is it there might be a Browns/Titans ownership swap similar to 1972’s Carrol Rosenbloom’s Baltimore Colts for Robert Irsay’s Los Angeles Rams?

    -- Chris, Miamisburg, OH

    Hey Chris: The current ownership of the Titans has refuted the rumor that the team soon will be up for sale. It may be natural to assume Haslam would prefer to own the team in his own state; he inquired about buying it several years ago. However, I don’t have any reason to believe it. A team-for-team swap is unusual, but as you point out it has been done before. I wouldn’t bet on it.

    http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=18&post_id=41831

    I mentioned this the other day in thread, didn't know if it was possible or had ever happened before.

    Seems it has.