2015 - FA / Draft / Notes
-
Sheesh, I'm not sure what the Browns are thinking at the moment - due diligence, yeah :
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 19m 19 minutes ago #Browns have had talks with #Redskins over the past week about potentially moving up to No. 5. They’ve touched base with most Top 10 teams
Could be a wild night on Thursday.
-
Well, Titians and Oakland get us in front of Jets for Mariota and Others. Skins get us in front of Bears and Giants for Shelton and S. Ray was their guy till Toe?? It will be Wild. Who's moving Before Thursday maybe the Question..
Well, Titians and Oakland get us in front of Jets for Mariota and Others. Skins get us in front of Bears and Giants for Shelton and S. Ray was their guy till Toe?? It will be Wild. Who's moving Before Thursday maybe the Question.. [/quote
Skins also get us in front of Jets if Mariota is there.
Due diligence is all.
-
Watching the Cotton Bowl. I think I'm on board with Petty in the 2nd or 3rd.
-
So, Mayock has the Browns drafting Shelton.
And Gordon, RB.
Wow.
-
At least Mayock did not go WR at 12 and then Gordon...
Watching the Cotton Bowl. I think I'm on board with Petty in the 2nd or 3rd.
There was a lot to like there... even in the 2nd, where I think he will go, I still think he's the best potential QB value in the draft... but he's going to have to sit for a while.
Anyway speaking of non-first-round QBs.... Hundley has kind of disappeared.
-
At least Mayock did not go WR at 12 and then Gordon...
Watching the Cotton Bowl. I think I'm on board with Petty in the 2nd or 3rd.
There was a lot to like there... even in the 2nd, where I think he will go, I still think he's the best potential QB value in the draft... but he's going to have to sit for a while.
Anyway speaking of non-first-round QBs.... Hundley has kind of disappeared.
At least Mayock did not go WR at 12 and then Gordon...
There was a lot to like there... even in the 2nd, where I think he will go, I still think he's the best potential QB value in the draft... but he's going to have to sit for a while.
Anyway speaking of non-first-round QBs.... Hundley has kind of disappeared.
The touch on the deep ball was something nice when Petty had the time to set his feet and drive off that back foot. It will take time to tighten his throwing motion and quicken that release, but he has a solid arm, mobile enough outside of the pocket and a good frame for the position. I was pleasantly surprised his eyes weren't as slow as I originally had believed.
That said, I want to go on record now. If given the option between Leonard and Shelton for the Browns defense - I take Shelton. I can't tell if Leonard is a touch slow off the ball because he just doesn't have that initial elite burst, or because he's being asked to 2 gap. Honestly, the latter seems more likely has he has a couple good pass rushing moves and uses his hands well. However given that Shelton carries another 40lbs, I think he moves just as well laterally down the line when engaged with a blocker(s)
-
Duly noted...
Here's some late thoughts from R.C. Fischer you might enjoy...
"Among PTD’s, and the world’s, current top-10 projected picks overall—as an NFL GM, I wouldn’t take any of the following defensive players at #10 if they were available…Folwer, L. Williams, Dupree, or Waynes. I would pass on some of them due to valuation concerns or economic (supply-demand) reasons, and others I think aren’t worthy talents to be included in the top-10 or top-32 even. However, I would take Beasley at #10…or at #3."
-- R.C. Fischer is an NFL Draft analyst for College Football Metrics.com, and a football projections analyst and writer for Fantasy Football Metrics.com. He is also a lead writer for PlayTheDraft.com. His group also provides player projections for Advanced Sports Logic’s football software “The Machine.”
https://playthedraft.com/articles-researchOne last bit on Petty... the eyes are pretty good, but it's the good mechanics that follow even a minimal drop that still draw me to him as a prospect.
-
Duly noted...
Here's some late thoughts from R.C. Fischer you might enjoy...
"Among PTD’s, and the world’s, current top-10 projected picks overall—as an NFL GM, I wouldn’t take any of the following defensive players at #10 if they were available…Folwer, L. Williams, Dupree, or Waynes. I would pass on some of them due to valuation concerns or economic (supply-demand) reasons, and others I think aren’t worthy talents to be included in the top-10 or top-32 even. However, I would take Beasley at #10…or at #3."
-- R.C. Fischer is an NFL Draft analyst for College Football Metrics.com, and a football projections analyst and writer for Fantasy Football Metrics.com. He is also a lead writer for PlayTheDraft.com. His group also provides player projections for Advanced Sports Logic’s football software “The Machine.”
https://playthedraft.com/articles-researchOne last bit on Petty... the eyes are pretty good, but it's the good mechanics that follow even a minimal drop that still draw me to him as a prospect.
-
Duly noted...
Here's some late thoughts from R.C. Fischer you might enjoy...
"Among PTD’s, and the world’s, current top-10 projected picks overall—as an NFL GM, I wouldn’t take any of the following defensive players at #10 if they were available…Folwer, L. Williams, Dupree, or Waynes. I would pass on some of them due to valuation concerns or economic (supply-demand) reasons, and others I think aren’t worthy talents to be included in the top-10 or top-32 even. However, I would take Beasley at #10…or at #3."
-- R.C. Fischer is an NFL Draft analyst for College Football Metrics.com, and a football projections analyst and writer for Fantasy Football Metrics.com. He is also a lead writer for PlayTheDraft.com. His group also provides player projections for Advanced Sports Logic’s football software “The Machine.”
https://playthedraft.com/articles-researchOne last bit on Petty... the eyes are pretty good, but it's the good mechanics that follow even a minimal drop that still draw me to him as a prospect.
Duly noted...
Here's some late thoughts from R.C. Fischer you might enjoy...
"Among PTD’s, and the world’s, current top-10 projected picks overall—as an NFL GM, I wouldn’t take any of the following defensive players at #10 if they were available…Folwer, L. Williams, Dupree, or Waynes. I would pass on some of them due to valuation concerns or economic (supply-demand) reasons, and others I think aren’t worthy talents to be included in the top-10 or top-32 even. However, I would take Beasley at #10…or at #3."
-- R.C. Fischer is an NFL Draft analyst for College Football Metrics.com, and a football projections analyst and writer for Fantasy Football Metrics.com. He is also a lead writer for PlayTheDraft.com. His group also provides player projections for Advanced Sports Logic’s football software “The Machine.”
https://playthedraft.com/articles-researchOne last bit on Petty... the eyes are pretty good, but it's the good mechanics that follow even a minimal drop that still draw me to him as a prospect.
I do like Petty. I like each quarterback in this draft for different reasons, but I think Petty has a better chance of hanging on as a starter somewhere than the rest of the mid tier guys.
-
My big board goes:
1. Leonard Williams
2. Vic Beasley
3. Amari Cooper
4. Dante Fowler Jr.
5. Danny Shelton
-
me too....
I know the whole board wants Shelton(and I like him too)....but given the choice, Beasley is my guy.
I can't get there on Vic. I know I am watching Beasley-lite, but other than a pretty inside spin move against the OK LT that I think is a stiff, I haven't seen much. He was getting manhandled by TEs coming down the line. Also made UGA's LT, John Theus, look like a first rounder... (turns out he's the #7 OT in the class of 2016).
And then there are those meat hooks he flashed at the combine where his hands should be...
What tape should I watch?
-
I don't get the hype on Fowler, myself. I thought his tape off the edge wasn't very impressive.
-
Anybody found a good (printable) Draft Log for Tonight??
I was thinking of using this...
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32178&do=findComment&comment=482513
-
Fletcher Cox on the trade block. If I'm Farmer, I'm calling Chip and offering him my 19.
-
... and I'll call Farmer and ask why he didn't offer my deal for Foles plus Cox...
Couldn't hurt, but I doubt it's enough...
If Chip gets desperate enough, it will be more than plenty to land Fletcher. The man cares little for defense, he wants his shiny toy at QB.
edit: Obviously I'm playing on stereotypes a bit there.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login