2015 - FA / Draft / Notes
-
OMG
You've got to be kidding me.
This was our #1 failure in developing Manziel and correcting the problems Hoyer developed after our OL went too shit :
Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 2h 2 hours ago Bears announce they've hired former Titans OC and Browns QBs coach Dowell Loggains as their quarterbacks coach. So Gase/Loggains for Cutler.
If Loggains had been on the job, maybe he should have corrected Hoyer's mechanics after we lost our OL continuity . . . maybe even helped Manziel with his . . . .
That this guy was ever an OC totally befuddles me.
On ESPN "Fact or Fiction" they said this guy would never Coach in the NFL again . . . .
-
Like part of this :
Steve Doerschuk @sdoerschukREP · 7h 7 hours ago Blll's dad once told us SB hardware should be called the Paul Brown Trophy. Chances it will ever be the Belichick Trophy suddenly deflated.And . . .
Browns Notebook: ‘Flip’ head over heels for Josh Gordon
JG might be around for at least one more Season (personally love the guy, but get a grip on Real Life ) :
http://www.cantonrep.com/article/20150122/SPORTS/150129700/10406/SPORTS
-
What a complete fucking moron. Bitonio was a great pick. Desir has shown little. You're wrong about Gilbert, as of now he sucks, that's a FACT. so STFU with your BS all pro garbage.
You're really a pathetic person. You ever get a boyfriend, or still sucking different dick every night off Tinder? Quit posting all day every day on here and get a fuckin life you POS.
Weeeelllllllll, I have to side with Mik on this one.
Bitonio was a Home Run.
Desir as a project Player looks like he could be a winner - hell, he's beat out our #1 (Gilbert) at the end of the Season.
Gilbert has had a few flashes in my eyes.
Now whether he takes it to the level of his talent level or not is yet to be seen, but at this point I'd rate him a head of JFF.
Optimistically it'd be fantastic if both started living up to their Billing, but realistically I see Gilbert doing that more than Manziel.
Weeeelllllllll, I have to side with Mik on this one.
Bitonio was a Home Run.
Desir as a project Player looks like he could be a winner - hell, he's beat out our #1 (Gilbert) at the end of the Season.
Gilbert has had a few flashes in my eyes.
Now whether he takes it to the level of his talent level or not is yet to be seen, but at this point I'd rate him a head of JFF.
Optimistically it'd be fantastic if both started living up to their Billing, but realistically I see Gilbert doing that more than Manziel.
I agree with your previous post on Hoyer, we need to retain him, period.
I do not agree with seeing flashes of great www in Gilbert, or those flashes somehow justifying #8 overall. As you mentioned, Kuwan Williams and Desir getting more of than him. Thus far he's an epic bust until proven otherwise.
-
JAF...
Hoyer's issue was his head, not mechanics. Saw this all through the roller coaster 2nd half of the season.
As long as we can sustain a run game, week in and week out, then Hoyer is an adequate candidate, but so are many other reasonable options. I think we can improve upon him.
The key concept above is "sustain a run game" and clearly that means O-line depth... real depth, not just players in uniforms with lineman numbers. McDonald worked hard for weeks to improve to be marginally inadequate... and then got hurt. I shudder to think how we'd have fared had Schwartz gone down let alone Thomas.
-
anyone watching the senior bowl?
the 'north' team has this kid from wisconsin playing right guard. must be close to 6'9".
-
Hey Tony: Soon the Titans will be going up for sale and Jimmy Haslam is scheduled to pay the Lerners $300 or so million. Don’t you think Haslam would rather own his home state team? How likely is it there might be a Browns/Titans ownership swap similar to 1972’s Carrol Rosenbloom’s Baltimore Colts for Robert Irsay’s Los Angeles Rams?
-- Chris, Miamisburg, OH
Hey Chris: The current ownership of the Titans has refuted the rumor that the team soon will be up for sale. It may be natural to assume Haslam would prefer to own the team in his own state; he inquired about buying it several years ago. However, I don’t have any reason to believe it. A team-for-team swap is unusual, but as you point out it has been done before. I wouldn’t bet on it.
http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=18&post_id=41831
I mentioned this the other day in thread, didn't know if it was possible or had ever happened before.
Seems it has.
-
JAF...
Hoyer's issue was his head, not mechanics. Saw this all through the roller coaster 2nd half of the season.
As long as we can sustain a run game, week in and week out, then Hoyer is an adequate candidate, but so are many other reasonable options. I think we can improve upon him.
The key concept above is "sustain a run game" and clearly that means O-line depth... real depth, not just players in uniforms with lineman numbers. McDonald worked hard for weeks to improve to be marginally inadequate... and then got hurt. I shudder to think how we'd have fared had Schwartz gone down let alone Thomas.
JAF...
Hoyer's issue was his head, not mechanics. Saw this all through the roller coaster 2nd half of the season.
As long as we can sustain a run game, week in and week out, then Hoyer is an adequate candidate, but so are many other reasonable options. I think we can improve upon him.
The key concept above is "sustain a run game" and clearly that means O-line depth... real depth, not just players in uniforms with lineman numbers. McDonald worked hard for weeks to improve to be marginally inadequate... and then got hurt. I shudder to think how we'd have fared had Schwartz gone down let alone Thomas.
I don't doubt that his head got messed up because his protection went to crap, which resulted in him rushing and messing up his throwing mechanics.
You could be more right than me on this, I just keep having flashes of some plays where he's throwing off is back foot.
I'd need to go back and re-watch some games.
-
Why don't you give it a rest douchebag. You are the biggest negative Fuckwad on the board. We could go 16 and 0 and you'd bitch about something.Like what? Getting 2 busts in the 1st? Again? That was really magical.
-
Why don't you give it a rest douchebag. You are the biggest negative Fuckwad on the board. We could go 16 and 0 and you'd bitch about something.Like what? Getting 2 busts in the 1st? Again? That was really magical.
-
F that. I'll give it a rest when ppl stop applauding an average at best draft.
why do you care what other people do?
-
anyone watching the senior bowl?
the 'north' team has this kid from wisconsin playing right guard. must be close to 6'9".
anyone watching the senior bowl?
the 'north' team has this kid from wisconsin playing right guard. must be close to 6'9".
OT Rob Havenstein, RS Senior (6-7 | 327 | 5.40 | #78)
The Badgers' starter at right tackle the past two seasons, Havenstein enters his senior season with 28 starts under his belt, all on the right side. He is a mammoth human being with good body thickness throughout and stout strength to absorb contact and hold his ground. Havenstein has ordinary athleticism for the position and clearly lacks elite lateral quickness with some hip and joint stiffness that keeps him from being a natural bender. He tends to overextend himself at times too with inconsistent body control, but he's a physical mauler and brings the right mentality to the position each snap. Although still inconsistent recognizing extra pressures, Havenstein is the veteran member of the Badgers up front with the most game and starting experience. He isn't a highly graded NFL prospect, but there is a place at the next level for a player with his strengths.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-senior-bowl-0120-20150119-story.html#page=1
-
I was more impressed by Collins from LSU on the OL. And if we want to go higher in the draft for a runback/wr type, there is no better than Tyler Lockett from KSU. I watched him in a few games this year and he was the best athlete on that team and has great hands w speed to burn. Shifty little devil too!
-
I was more impressed by Collins from LSU on the OL. And if we want to go higher in the draft for a runback/wr type, there is no better than Tyler Lockett from KSU. I watched him in a few games this year and he was the best athlete on that team and has great hands w speed to burn. Shifty little devil too!
I was more impressed by Collins from LSU on the OL. And if we want to go higher in the draft for a runback/wr type, there is no better than Tyler Lockett from KSU. I watched him in a few games this year and he was the best athlete on that team and has great hands w speed to burn. Shifty little devil too!
oh there's prob a lot better candidates. saw havenstein yesterday play in the senior bowl and they had at LT, G and RT and he just manhandled anyone that came up against him. plus having the ability to play those multiple postions AND he'll prob still be available in the late 3rd early 4th........??
-
I think a higher tackle pick would be a good idea. God forbid that
Joe Thomas gets hurt. Whoever the qb is, will get hurt.
A guy who is so good, he could play RT, and take over on the left eventually,
well, unless Joe is going to play til he's 35 and never get hurt......, (he's 30 now?)
That would be very smart. And those guys tend to be valued way too high to nab them
later on. If your oline can't block, you may as well admit it, your offense will fail.
-
I think a higher tackle pick would be a good idea. God forbid that
Joe Thomas gets hurt. Whoever the qb is, will get hurt.
A guy who is so good, he could play RT, and take over on the left eventually,
well, unless Joe is going to play til he's 35 and never get hurt......, (he's 30 now?)
That would be very smart. And those guys tend to be valued way too high to nab them
later on. If your oline can't block, you may as well admit it, your offense will fail.
God forbid that Joe Thomas gets hurt.....
well, unless Joe is going to play til he's 35 and never get hurt......, (he's 30 now?)
And, though I have nothing to base this on, I think that Thomas seems like he could be the type to retire early vs staying too long.....
So Id only plan on getting a couple/few more years from him, then everything after that is bonus time.....
If he got injured, Bito could probably step in and do ok in a pinch.....he would definitely do better than our back up centers did this season....thats for sure!
-
JAF...
Hoyer's issue was his head, not mechanics. Saw this all through the roller coaster 2nd half of the season.
As long as we can sustain a run game, week in and week out, then Hoyer is an adequate candidate, but so are many other reasonable options. I think we can improve upon him.
The key concept above is "sustain a run game" and clearly that means O-line depth... real depth, not just players in uniforms with lineman numbers. McDonald worked hard for weeks to improve to be marginally inadequate... and then got hurt. I shudder to think how we'd have fared had Schwartz gone down let alone Thomas.
I don't doubt that his head got messed up because his protection went to crap, which resulted in him rushing and messing up his throwing mechanics.
You could be more right than me on this, I just keep having flashes of some plays where he's throwing off is back foot.
I'd need to go back and re-watch some games.
You could be more right than me on this, I just keep having flashes of some plays where he's throwing off is back foot. I'd need to go back and re-watch some games.
And just to be clear I am not saying those memories are incorrect, but if you do rewatch games try noting where he steps in relationship to his back foot (from 0900 to 1200) vs. how the pass looked (how authoritative, tightness of spiral) vs. the result (on target, slightly off, well off). Only time I found front back foot useful was when on the run.
OT Rob Havenstein, RS Senior (6-7 | 327 | 5.40 | #78)
... ordinary athleticism for the position and clearly lacks elite lateral quickness with some hip and joint stiffness that keeps him from being a natural bender. He tends to overextend himself at times too with inconsistent body control...[/size]
We're pretty much covered there...

I screwed around and missed the game, but few of the linemen that my sights are narrowing in on were there. Some accounts say that one I have taken a liking to did well though... Duke OG Laken Tomlinson. As an added most see him as a Day 2 guy... or at least they did going into the Sr. Bowl.
-
well you'll both be wrong when we draft this guy at 12:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/01/19/2015-nfl-draft-scouting-report-iowa-ot-brandon-scherff/
well you'll both be wrong when we draft this guy at 12:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/01/19/2015-nfl-draft-scouting-report-iowa-ot-brandon-scherff/
Just did some film study on Brandon Scherff last nite. I have to say I don't get him. I watched his 2014 games vs. Indiana and Maryland. He was mediocre vs. Indiana. Maryland came very close to owning him.
He has great feet and is definitely athletic, but lacks power. I saw no successful run blocks vs. D-linemen, but they ran so seldom his way that the sample size was small. His feet generally did get him into good position vs. 2nd and 3rd level defenders.
Worst of all, however, his pass blocking technique is non-existant. He has no kick step in his drop. He's too upright. Bull rushers get to his body and drive him. Speed rushers rip him inside with little difficulty.
He's the 2015 version of Greg Robinson... minus the power.
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/brandon-scherff/
Stanford's Andrus Peat is far more NFL ready as he is and has a frame that can add another 30 pounds or more.
-
There's one qb no one's thinking about who's available. Tebow. Why not, we're the browns. Get cardale in the NEXT draft
-
Could you imagine the media jerk off over a manziel/Tebow qb competition?
-

.
.
.
Ahhhhh . . . deeeeeeepppppp breeeaaatttthhhh . . . .
Damn.
.
.
.
Off - Season seems to be more interesting than Regular Season these days . . .
Just hope Farmer is still around for our Draft, I think he's going to do the right things for now.
Rumor floating around kicked off by Goldhammer on the Radio today . . .
Don't have any details yet, but it seems like something is going on with Hoyer and the Browns.
Seriously hope we resign him, we can win with him if we build the Team on O & D and he's not worrying about other crap going on.
Was thinking our first two picks were going to be OT then DL, but after a bit more reading now it might be DL then OT, with possible QB at 3rd (2nd round - Hundley).
Still have the Combine in a couple of weeks to see how things shuffle around a bit, so we'll see what if anything changes.
FA is going to move things around a bit as well, doesn't look like we're going to be getting Suh, which is a good thing in my opinion.
Been thinking about it, and really don't want to see us go after a QB this year.
Definitely not moving up for Winston/Mariota, they're just not worth selling everything for.
Bad as it sounds, right now I hope we're looking at going after Cardale Jones.
Dude is built, is an ice cube, and can just flat out throw the ball.
Don't care if he needs to sit a year or two to get up to speed, guy is going to be a Monster and we need to get him . . . somehow.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login