2015 - FA / Draft / Notes
-
I feel like I've subscribed to the JAFBF newsletter...
Lot's of talk that Eagles @20 may try to entice the Browns in trading both #1's so Chip Kelly can go get his boy Mariota.
If Mariota falls to #4 or so watch out - don't know what they would/could offer (Foles/multiple #1's/multiple picks ?), but it could sure get interesting if Mariota drops.
I've been saying this for a while. I still say the only thing that makes it work would be for Philly to part with at least one of their best players. I think for us that means Cox. Both #1's for Foles plus Cox ain't bad and the deal could get much better...
I also still think it would have to be a 3-way deal for us to be involved. Of course this means the team with the high pick (JAX @ #3?) has to have need of the picks over the players Philly can offer. But in any case a deal is unlikely to occur before draft day. Wheels in motion, agreements in place and all that... but MM has to be available when the time comes.
I feel like I've subscribed to the JAFBF newsletter...

Figured I'd try this to try this out to make things a bit easier for me to keep track of.
I've been saying this for a while. I still say the only thing that makes it work would be for Philly to part with at least one of their best players. I think for us that means Cox. Both #1's for Foles plus Cox ain't bad and the deal could get much better...
I also still think it would have to be a 3-way deal for us to be involved. Of course this means the team with the high pick (JAX @ #3?) has to have need of the picks over the players Philly can offer. But in any case a deal is unlikely to occur before draft day. Wheels in motion, agreements in place and all that... but MM has to be available when the time comes.
Talk I've seen mentions Foles as being at least part of the deal.
Another Article where the Browns are going after Mariota has them working a deal with Washington @5.
But like you said, he still needs to be there for things to start shaking out.
-
Hmmmm.
Don't remember if I dropped this nugget a month or so back . . . but there's a Rumor floating that Browns are going to move Manziel.
A bit more's coming out now, so if not here's some high speculation.
Prime suspect is Tampa . . . could the Browns really be positioning themselves to grab the #1 from Tampa?
I sure hope not.
Could be a QB for QB type deal (Glennon) . . . as another Rumor has TB lining a new QB . . .
Dicey situation if true, but it is the Silly Season.
. . . a little more fuel to this fire :
-
There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.
-
I'd trade Manziel, a first and a fourth for the #1 spot right now.
-
Damn straight... that would be cheap #1 overall.
As for a JM/Glennon deal...
A two-headed Mariota/ Manziel duo makes some sense from a style, offensive design consistency standpoint. About the only thing that would make sense for TB out of that deal.
On the other hand, going into the season with no vet QB makes zero sense, but could always sign an FA.
-
There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.
There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.
That's the thing about smoke and mirrors...something has to be true. You've gotta be honest at least once or your bluff will always be called.
I'm thinking they're being honest about not being as active in FA.
-
I'd trade Manziel, a first and a fourth for the #1 spot right now.
I'd trade Manziel, a first and a fourth for the #1 spot right now.
It would be #12, #19, plus Manziel to get #1, maybe even more.
If you stand back and look at this situation, there are quite a few dots that connect, so I'd have to say there may be something to this.
Did Rizzo just say Manziel is on the Trading Block ! ? ! . . . also seems to be some buzz going around that the Browns are actively shopping Manziel to see what interest there is.
-
Damn straight... that would be cheap #1 overall.
As for a JM/Glennon deal...
A two-headed Mariota/ Manziel duo makes some sense from a style, offensive design consistency standpoint. About the only thing that would make sense for TB out of that deal.
On the other hand, going into the season with no vet QB makes zero sense, but could always sign an FA.
Damn straight... that would be cheap #1 overall.
As for a JM/Glennon deal...
A two-headed Mariota/ Manziel duo makes some sense from a style, offensive design consistency standpoint. About the only thing that would make sense for TB out of that deal.
On the other hand, going into the season with no vet QB makes zero sense, but could always sign an FA.
Yeah, that's one of the dots that connect.
Both QB's are very similar in what they do and did in College.
-
Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1

Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313
-
The Cleveland Browns brass are reading this forum. I said yesterday they should package Manziel for the #1...then this drops.
-
Here's the prelude audio to the above, with a lot more talk/info on QB :
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=476&f=3998373
From this is doesn't sound like we're going to be able to move Manziel, but it really sounds like the Browns are getting ready to sell the Farm to move up . . . stupid, stupid, stupid
-
Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.
-
I'd rather have Shelton over Cox. Foles is nothing special either.. better than Hoyer, but no top10 QB.
Here's hoping the play is Shelton at 12.. followed by one of Beasley/Dupree/Goldman at 17, whoever falls. The QB is Grayson in the second, and the WR is Montgomery or Lockett in the 3rd.
-
Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.
Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.
Three #1's for Mariota or Winston?
That's what the talk is.
We have too many holes to fill right now to flush all these picks.
-
There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.
There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.
I agree.

-
Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.
Three #1's for Mariota or Winston?
That's what the talk is.
We have too many holes to fill right now to flush all these picks.
-
Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1

Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313
Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1

Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313
Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.
Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.
And I'll hope it's the latter thereby assuring neither will be the case... Deal?
-
Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1

Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313
Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.
Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.
And I'll hope it's the latter thereby assuring neither will be the case... Deal?
-
There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.
That's the thing about smoke and mirrors...something has to be true. You've gotta be honest at least once or your bluff will always be called.
I'm thinking they're being honest about not being as active in FA.
That's the thing about smoke and mirrors...something has to be true. You've gotta be honest at least once or your bluff will always be called.
I'm thinking they're being honest about not being as active in FA.
Why would they bluff about that? I don't see any advantage in not letting other teams know your intent. Agents aren't not going to talk to you and sign off elsewhere before talking to all interested teams unless the player instructs them to do so.
I understand as far as the draft you might bluff interest or no interest to keep other teams off a player you may have targeted.
-
Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1

Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313
Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.
Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.
And I'll hope it's the latter thereby assuring neither will be the case... Deal?
Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.
Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.
Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.
I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.
Side note :
Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ ยท 2h 2 hours ago #browns terminated the contract of backup O-lineman Paul McQuistan.Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login
