Skip to content

2015 - FA / Draft / Notes

The Browns Board
411 43 14.7k
  • There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.

    That's the thing about smoke and mirrors...something has to be true. You've gotta be honest at least once or your bluff will always be called.

    I'm thinking they're being honest about not being as active in FA.

  • I'd trade Manziel, a first and a fourth for the #1 spot right now.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'd trade Manziel, a first and a fourth for the #1 spot right now.

    It would be #12, #19, plus Manziel to get #1, maybe even more.

    If you stand back and look at this situation, there are quite a few dots that connect, so I'd have to say there may be something to this.

    Did Rizzo just say Manziel is on the Trading Block ! ? ! . . . also seems to be some buzz going around that the Browns are actively shopping Manziel to see what interest there is.

  • Damn straight... that would be cheap #1 overall.

    As for a JM/Glennon deal...

    A two-headed Mariota/ Manziel duo makes some sense from a style, offensive design consistency standpoint. About the only thing that would make sense for TB out of that deal.

    On the other hand, going into the season with no vet QB makes zero sense, but could always sign an FA.

    @tour2ma said:

    Damn straight... that would be cheap #1 overall.

    As for a JM/Glennon deal...

    A two-headed Mariota/ Manziel duo makes some sense from a style, offensive design consistency standpoint. About the only thing that would make sense for TB out of that deal.

    On the other hand, going into the season with no vet QB makes zero sense, but could always sign an FA.

    Yeah, that's one of the dots that connect.

    Both QB's are very similar in what they do and did in College.

  • Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1 ๐Ÿ™

    Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :

    http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313

  • The Cleveland Browns brass are reading this forum. I said yesterday they should package Manziel for the #1...then this drops.

  • Here's the prelude audio to the above, with a lot more talk/info on QB :

    http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=476&f=3998373

    From this is doesn't sound like we're going to be able to move Manziel, but it really sounds like the Browns are getting ready to sell the Farm to move up . . . stupid, stupid, stupid

  • Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.

  • I'd rather have Shelton over Cox. Foles is nothing special either.. better than Hoyer, but no top10 QB.

    Here's hoping the play is Shelton at 12.. followed by one of Beasley/Dupree/Goldman at 17, whoever falls. The QB is Grayson in the second, and the WR is Montgomery or Lockett in the 3rd.

  • Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.

    Three #1's for Mariota or Winston?

    That's what the talk is.

    We have too many holes to fill right now to flush all these picks.

  • There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.

    I agree.

    4998.gif

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.

    Three #1's for Mariota or Winston?

    That's what the talk is.

    We have too many holes to fill right now to flush all these picks.

    @jafbf said:

    Three #1's for Mariota or Winston?

    That's what the talk is.

    We have too many holes to fill right now to flush all these picks.

    You are right, there are some holes that it is better to go unfilled.

    hqdefault.jpg

  • Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1 ๐Ÿ™

    Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :

    http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313

    @jafbf said:

    Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1 ๐Ÿ™

    Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :

    http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313

    Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.

    And I'll hope it's the latter thereby assuring neither will be the case... Deal?

  • @jafbf said:

    Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1 ๐Ÿ™

    Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :

    http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313

    Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.

    And I'll hope it's the latter thereby assuring neither will be the case... Deal?

    @tour2ma said:

    Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.

    And I'll hope it's the latter thereby assuring neither will be the case... Deal?

    Works for me. With the 12th overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select.... Tiger Woods.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.

    That's the thing about smoke and mirrors...something has to be true. You've gotta be honest at least once or your bluff will always be called.

    I'm thinking they're being honest about not being as active in FA.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That's the thing about smoke and mirrors...something has to be true. You've gotta be honest at least once or your bluff will always be called.

    I'm thinking they're being honest about not being as active in FA.

    Why would they bluff about that? I don't see any advantage in not letting other teams know your intent. Agents aren't not going to talk to you and sign off elsewhere before talking to all interested teams unless the player instructs them to do so.

    I understand as far as the draft you might bluff interest or no interest to keep other teams off a player you may have targeted.

  • @jafbf said:

    Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1 ๐Ÿ™

    Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :

    http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313

    Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.

    And I'll hope it's the latter thereby assuring neither will be the case... Deal?

    @tour2ma said:

    Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.

    Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.

    Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.

    I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.

    Side note :

    Nate_Ulrich_normal.jpg Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ ยท 2h 2 hours ago #browns terminated the contract of backup O-lineman Paul McQuistan.

    Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.

  • WTF ?

    Buster Skrine - DB fantasyaces.png $ Brown Impending free-agent CB Buster Skrine is not expected to re-sign with the Browns.

    So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?

    Man, what's going on this Off-Season?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.

    Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.

    Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.

    I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.

    Side note :

    Nate_Ulrich_normal.jpg Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ ยท 2h 2 hours ago #browns terminated the contract of backup O-lineman Paul McQuistan.

    Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.

    @jafbf said:

    Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.

    Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.

    I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.

    Side note :

    Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.

    No big deal on McQuistain. He was a decent player some years ago but is now headed for retirement. I'd rather bring in a rook or a 2-3 year player and take my chances they still have upside. We can find 2-3 dozen guys who can do just as well if not better.

  • WTF ?

    Buster Skrine - DB fantasyaces.png $ Brown Impending free-agent CB Buster Skrine is not expected to re-sign with the Browns.

    So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?

    Man, what's going on this Off-Season?

    @jafbf said:

    WTF ?

    So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?

    Man, what's going on this Off-Season?

    Skrine damn, the flood gates are opening in C-town to get out Just when you started to play well.. He was Burnt like toast for 2years and we let him play "to work it out" that's why loyalty will kiss you in the ass..

  • @jafbf said:

    Three #1's for Mariota or Winston?

    That's what the talk is.

    We have too many holes to fill right now to flush all these picks.

    You are right, there are some holes that it is better to go unfilled.

    hqdefault.jpg

    @the-gipper said:

    You are right, there are some holes that it is better to go unfilled.

    hqdefault.jpg

    Ya know, I think she's a total scuz . . . so why do I still like that pic ?

    Much prefer this if we need to go there :

    MPfQ4mb.gif

  • @tour2ma said:

    Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.

    Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.

    Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.

    I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.

    Side note :

    Nate_Ulrich_normal.jpg Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ ยท 2h 2 hours ago #browns terminated the contract of backup O-lineman Paul McQuistan.

    Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.

    @jafbf said:

    I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.

    Side note: (McQuistan) Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.

    No... no loss whatsoever. McQ was a waste of space. Painter and Bowie were in storage and should both emerge in 2015. One replaces McQ and the other should send Seymore packing.

    On Winston... if I had the #1 overall I would not hesitate to spend it on Winston. But trading up he gets even more expensive. Harder call in my mind. I assume the third #1 you mention would be our 2016? That makes it really hard...

    And as WSH found out, if MM goes #1 to the Bucs, then that #2 pick gets to be awfully pricey as well.

    @jafbf said:

    So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?

    Browns just are not going to offer Shrine what the open market will. A least not with Gilbert, Desir and K'Waun on the roster. Thought has to be that at least one will step up.