2015 - FA / Draft / Notes
-
There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.
That's the thing about smoke and mirrors...something has to be true. You've gotta be honest at least once or your bluff will always be called.
I'm thinking they're being honest about not being as active in FA.
That's the thing about smoke and mirrors...something has to be true. You've gotta be honest at least once or your bluff will always be called.
I'm thinking they're being honest about not being as active in FA.
Why would they bluff about that? I don't see any advantage in not letting other teams know your intent. Agents aren't not going to talk to you and sign off elsewhere before talking to all interested teams unless the player instructs them to do so.
I understand as far as the draft you might bluff interest or no interest to keep other teams off a player you may have targeted.
-
Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1

Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313
Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.
Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.
And I'll hope it's the latter thereby assuring neither will be the case... Deal?
Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.
Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.
Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.
I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.
Side note :
Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ · 2h 2 hours ago #browns terminated the contract of backup O-lineman Paul McQuistan.Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.
-
WTF ?
Buster Skrine - DB
$ Brown Impending free-agent CB Buster Skrine is not expected to re-sign with the Browns.So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?
Man, what's going on this Off-Season?
-
Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.
Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.
Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.
I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.
Side note :
Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ · 2h 2 hours ago #browns terminated the contract of backup O-lineman Paul McQuistan.Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.
Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.
Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.
I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.
Side note :
Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.
No big deal on McQuistain. He was a decent player some years ago but is now headed for retirement. I'd rather bring in a rook or a 2-3 year player and take my chances they still have upside. We can find 2-3 dozen guys who can do just as well if not better.
-
WTF ?
Buster Skrine - DB
$ Brown Impending free-agent CB Buster Skrine is not expected to re-sign with the Browns.So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?
Man, what's going on this Off-Season?
WTF ?
So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?
Man, what's going on this Off-Season?
Skrine damn, the flood gates are opening in C-town to get out Just when you started to play well.. He was Burnt like toast for 2years and we let him play "to work it out" that's why loyalty will kiss you in the ass..
-
You are right, there are some holes that it is better to go unfilled.

Ya know, I think she's a total scuz . . . so why do I still like that pic ?
Much prefer this if we need to go there :

-
Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.
Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.
Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.
I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.
Side note :
Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ · 2h 2 hours ago #browns terminated the contract of backup O-lineman Paul McQuistan.Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.
I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.
Side note: (McQuistan) Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.
No... no loss whatsoever. McQ was a waste of space. Painter and Bowie were in storage and should both emerge in 2015. One replaces McQ and the other should send Seymore packing.
On Winston... if I had the #1 overall I would not hesitate to spend it on Winston. But trading up he gets even more expensive. Harder call in my mind. I assume the third #1 you mention would be our 2016? That makes it really hard...
And as WSH found out, if MM goes #1 to the Bucs, then that #2 pick gets to be awfully pricey as well.
So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?
Browns just are not going to offer Shrine what the open market will. A least not with Gilbert, Desir and K'Waun on the roster. Thought has to be that at least one will step up.
-
Mortgaging the farm for one player with holes in his game and some off field noise is a fools errand.
Only player I would have been willing to do that for in the last 5 years is Luck. I don't see Winston currently having anywhere near that ability and he's been playing with more talent surrounding him than Andrew had at Stanford.
-
I dunno, t... Not saying I could spend three #1's on him, even with no personal issues, but Jameis is as close as I've seen to Luck since Luck... closer than Bortles to my eye.
And Luck had players around him. Stanford averaged over 200 ypg rushing his Sr. year. Stephan Taylor had over 1300. Two receivers, Fleener and Whalen, put up 700 yard-ish seasons and 5 other players had 300 or more. Plus the O-line included DeCastro and Martin, an eventual first and second rounder respectively.
-
You are right, there are some holes that it is better to go unfilled.

Ya know, I think she's a total scuz . . . so why do I still like that pic ?
Much prefer this if we need to go there :

-
WTF ?
Buster Skrine - DB
$ Brown Impending free-agent CB Buster Skrine is not expected to re-sign with the Browns.So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?
Man, what's going on this Off-Season?
So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?
And Buster does????.....Ill admit he looked better this year, but I wouldnt say "good"......
Skrine damn, the flood gates are opening in C-town to get out Just when you started to play well.. He was Burnt like toast for 2years
Actually, he was burnt plenty of times this year too......gave up 8 tds and had massive penalties.....dude is flailing out there.....
Browns just are not going to offer Shrine what the open market will. A least not with Gilbert, Desir and K'Waun on the roster. Thought has to be that at least one will step up.
Definitely, with 3 players all of whom have higher upsides than Skrine, I think they'll play the odds that one(or 2 even) can step in and handle the job as well or better than Skrine......
-
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BUSTA!
-
I dunno, t... Not saying I could spend three #1's on him, even with no personal issues, but Jameis is as close as I've seen to Luck since Luck... closer than Bortles to my eye.
And Luck had players around him. Stanford averaged over 200 ypg rushing his Sr. year. Stephan Taylor had over 1300. Two receivers, Fleener and Whalen, put up 700 yard-ish seasons and 5 other players had 300 or more. Plus the O-line included DeCastro and Martin, an eventual first and second rounder respectively.
I dunno, t... Not saying I could spend three #1's on him, even with no personal issues, but Jameis is as close as I've seen to Luck since Luck... closer than Bortles to my eye.
And Luck had players around him. Stanford averaged over 200 ypg rushing his Sr. year. Stephan Taylor had over 1300. Two receivers, Fleener and Whalen, put up 700 yard-ish seasons and 5 other players had 300 or more. Plus the O-line included DeCastro and Martin, an eventual first and second rounder respectively.
I'm not saying Luck didn't have talent around him, he did. However his talent was mainly on the Oline. Compare that to Winston, whom had the privilege of playing behind a line that might see every player drafted. Also while having great skill position players including Benjamin, Greene, O'Leary, & Freeman in his time.
edit: Getting ready to watch Louisville vs Virginia. I want to see what all this talk about Eli Harold is. All I know so far is the kid is wearing my #7. That's it.
-
Mike Mayock's Top 5 Players by Position: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470108/article/mike-mayocks-position-rankings-for-2015-nfl-draft
Quarterback
1. Jameis Winston, Florida State
2. Marcus Mariota, Oregon
3. Bryce Petty, Baylor
4. Brett Hundley, UCLA
5. Garrett Grayson, Colorado StateRunning back
1. Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin
2. Todd Gurley, Georgia
3. Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska
4. Duke Johnson, Miami (Fla.)
5. Tevin Coleman, IndianaWide receiver
1. Kevin White, West Virginia
2. Amari Cooper, Alabama
3. DeVante Parker, Louisville
4. Dorial Green-Beckham, Missouri
5. Devin Funchess, MichiganTight end
1. Maxx Williams, Minnesota
2. Clive Walford, Miami (Fla.)
3. Nick O'Leary, Florida State
4. Tyler Kroft, Rutgers
5. Ben Koyack, Notre DameInterior offensive linemen
1. Brandon Scherff, Iowa
2. Cameron Erving, Florida State
3. Laken Tomlinson, Duke
4. A.J. Cann, South Carolina
5. Tre' Jackson, Florida StateOffensive tackle
1. T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh
2. Andrus Peat, Stanford
3. La'el Collins, LSU
4. Ereck Flowers, Miami (Fla.)
5t. Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M
5t. D.J. Humphries, FloridaInterior defensive linemen
1. Leonard Williams, USC
2. Danny Shelton, Washington
3. Malcom Brown, Texas
4. Arik Armstead, Oregon
5t. Jordan Phillips, Oklahoma
5t. Eddie Goldman, Florida StateEdge rusher
1. Dante Fowler, Jr., Florida
2. Randy Gregory, Nebraska
3. Shane Ray, Missouri
4. Vic Beasley, Clemson
5. Bud Dupree, KentuckyLinebacker
1. Paul Dawson, TCU
2. Benardrick McKinney, Mississippi State
3. Denzel Perryman, Miami (Fla.)
4. Eric Kendricks, UCLA
5. Stephone Anthony, ClemsonCornerback
1. Trae Waynes, Michigan State
2. Marcus Peters, Washington
3. Jalen Collins, LSU
4. P.J. Williams, Florida State
5. Kevin Johnson, Wake ForestSafety
1. Landon Collins, Alabama
2. Shaq Thompson, Washington
3. Derron Smith, Fresno State
4. Jaquiski Tartt, Samford
5. Ibraheim Campbell, Northwestern -
Just watched a fair bit on Jordan Philips. I thought I was watching Big Phil when be was at Baylor. He doesn't dominate the center one on one because he doesn't have the burst or arm length. At the 0 tech he's a non existent pass rusher and gets stood up, quite a bit. At a 1tech he's a little more disruptive, flows pretty well laterally and looks serviceable.
He was worn down very, very quickly though. Probably the least stamina from any potential nose I've seen so far. Doesn't shed blocks very well because of his arm length, soft hands and lack of lateral quickness.
Maybe with a year or two in an NFL strength and conditioning program I could see a worthy higher investment. As it stands, I'm not putting anything more than a 2nd round pick down for this kid.
-
I had Philips in my mock draft, second round...but I wouldn't draft him now...
A big guy with serious intensity and conditioning would be great....
like Malcolm Brown, 30 lbs heavier... maybe Shelton is that guy in the NFL....
-
In what scenario would you guys consider drafting Tevin Coleman? Perhaps third round?
I wouldn't mind if our first four picks looked like:
1-12. DT - Danny Shelton
1-19. OT - TJ Clemmings (or La'el Collins)
2. WR - Dorial Green-Beckham
3. RB - Tevin Coleman
I don't believe he'll fall past the third round. I actually think he'll end up being a better runningback than Melvin Gordon and on the same level as a healthy Todd Gurley.
-
In what scenario would you guys consider drafting Tevin Coleman? Perhaps third round?
I wouldn't mind if our first four picks looked like:
1-12. DT - Danny Shelton
1-19. OT - TJ Clemmings (or La'el Collins)
2. WR - Dorial Green-Beckham
3. RB - Tevin Coleman
I don't believe he'll fall past the third round. I actually think he'll end up being a better runningback than Melvin Gordon and on the same level as a healthy Todd Gurley.
In what scenario would you guys consider drafting Tevin Coleman? Perhaps third round?
I wouldn't mind if our first four picks looked like:
1-12. DT - Danny Shelton
1-19. OT - TJ Clemmings (or La'el Collins)
2. WR - Dorial Green-Beckham
3. RB - Tevin Coleman
I don't believe he'll fall past the third round. I actually think he'll end up being a better runningback than Melvin Gordon and on the same level as a healthy Todd Gurley.
Honestly, I dont see any scenario where we pick a running back......unless it's a FB in the later rounds...
-
If you want a short yardage guy in the late rounds I would go with Texas's RB Malcolm Brown. Very underrated due to really crappy OL (59 total team offensive yards against Ark. in the bowl) in front of him. Excellent hard hitting straight ahead runner.
-
In what scenario would you guys consider drafting Tevin Coleman? Perhaps third round?
I wouldn't mind if our first four picks looked like:
1-12. DT - Danny Shelton
1-19. OT - TJ Clemmings (or La'el Collins)
2. WR - Dorial Green-Beckham
3. RB - Tevin Coleman
I don't believe he'll fall past the third round. I actually think he'll end up being a better runningback than Melvin Gordon and on the same level as a healthy Todd Gurley.
Honestly, I dont see any scenario where we pick a running back......unless it's a FB in the later rounds...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login