2015 - FA / Draft / Notes
-
Take Shaun Draughn off that list, Browns taking care of business
Take Shaun Draughn off that list, Browns taking care of business
Yes, I was only reporting on the top 200....Draughn was not there....but yes take him off the list.
-
What we do not have on our roster is an elusive back with speed to burn. I like Ameer, but he's not that guy either.
What we do not have on our roster is an elusive back with speed to burn. I like Ameer, but he's not that guy either.
Abdullah had the fasted 20 yard shuttle, 3 cone drill and highest vertical at the combine of all RB's.
Plus there is this.... I think we disagree on how explosive this kid is. The top end speed isn't elite. That initial burst? Absolutely.
-
Just watched a fair bit on Jordan Philips. I thought I was watching Big Phil when be was at Baylor. He doesn't dominate the center one on one because he doesn't have the burst or arm length. At the 0 tech he's a non existent pass rusher and gets stood up, quite a bit. At a 1tech he's a little more disruptive, flows pretty well laterally and looks serviceable.
He was worn down very, very quickly though. Probably the least stamina from any potential nose I've seen so far. Doesn't shed blocks very well because of his arm length, soft hands and lack of lateral quickness.
Maybe with a year or two in an NFL strength and conditioning program I could see a worthy higher investment. As it stands, I'm not putting anything more than a 2nd round pick down for this kid.
He had back surgery in 2013. That's a big concern especially if he's going to be asked to command double teams and keep blockers off the ILBers. Then there's the issues with his stamina and reports of taking plays off. I can't help but think of Gerrard Warren here.
He had back surgery in 2013. That's a big concern especially if he's going to be asked to command double teams and keep blockers off the ILBers. Then there's the issues with his stamina and reports of taking plays off. I can't help but think of Gerrard Warren here.
The surgery is a secondary red flag in my mind. Obviously its something to take in account and can effect his performance. However I can't imagine Philips ceiling being much higher even at full health.
-
My wish list is:
Julius Thomas
Terrance Knighton
Mike Iupati
Torrey Smith
Brian Bulaga
Jerome Felton
But all of those guys are going to conmand large contracts and that doesn't seem to fit with Farmer's mentality. So, I think we could see something more like this:
Jerry Hughes
Andre Holmes
Trent Cole
Clint Boling
Ed Dickson
Dan Williams
Landing at least three of those guys would be a major step in the right direction and would allow us room to move around in the draft if we see fit. All of these guys are talented players who won't command monstrous contracts, yet would likely immediately start for us.
-
What we do not have on our roster is an elusive back with speed to burn. I like Ameer, but he's not that guy either.
Abdullah had the fasted 20 yard shuttle, 3 cone drill and highest vertical at the combine of all RB's.
Plus there is this.... I think we disagree on how explosive this kid is. The top end speed isn't elite. That initial burst? Absolutely.
-
Talk about losing all credibility. How about this mock draft by Ian Wharton of bleacherreport. He has Brown to us @12 and has Shelton totally disappear from the first round. He also has a most likely 2nd round CB in his top 10.
-
Talk about losing all credibility. How about this mock draft by Ian Wharton of bleacherreport. He has Brown to us @12 and has Shelton totally disappear from the first round. He also has a most likely 2nd round CB in his top 10.
Talk about losing all credibility. How about this mock draft by Ian Wharton of bleacherreport. He has Brown to us @12 and has Shelton totally disappear from the first round. He also has a most likely 2nd round CB in his top 10.
Just look at who he has going to the Ravens at #26...
-
Talk about losing all credibility. How about this mock draft by Ian Wharton of bleacherreport. He has Brown to us @12 and has Shelton totally disappear from the first round. He also has a most likely 2nd round CB in his top 10.
Talk about losing all credibility. How about this mock draft by Ian Wharton of bleacherreport. He has Brown to us @12 and has Shelton totally disappear from the first round. He also has a most likely 2nd round CB in his top 10.
Did he have any credibility to begin with???......I would agree that Shelton isn't one who's gonna drop that far....But.....no one is projecting CB's for the first round....and I see about 4 going before round 2.....(and waynes may NOT be the first, second or third)
Just look at who he has going to the Ravens at #26...
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round....
My favorite, that no one talks about, is Quinten Rollins from Miami Ohio.....another one that could(should) pop in the 1st round...
-
Browns can make prep talks, but not sign anyone until Tuesday when FA opens up.
Matt Lombardo @MattLombardo975 · 4h 4 hours ago Hearing Ray Farmer, the #Browns will make a strong push today for Maclin. They have about $50 million in cap space, huge need at WR. #Eagles
Vikes, 49er's, Texans, and Jets looking at Hoyer.
-
The only running back that interests me this draft that has the ability to bring something to the table Crow & West don't have is Abdullah.
The kid is a monster in space, great hands, can run a small handful of routes if need be yet has the strength and vision to run between the tackles.
Flip wants our backs to catch more passes in this offense - Abdullah with the ball in his hands coming out of the backfield has a chance to be special.
The only running back that interests me this draft that has the ability to bring something to the table Crow & West don't have is Abdullah.
Abdullah had the fasted 20 yard shuttle, 3 cone drill and highest vertical at the combine of all RB's.
Plus there is this.... I think we disagree on how explosive this kid is. The top end speed isn't elite. That initial burst? Absolutely.
Sorry, but a swing pass out of the backfield that should have gone for no more than 11 yards, but went the distance vs. McNeese St. doesn't impress me. What also doesn't impress is his pass protection...
Ameer brings agility to be sure, but lacks top end speed. Just feels like he'd be a dancer behind the ZBS. Based upon 10-yd split, Crow, with his decisive, one-cut style actually accelerates harder. And West shows more patience wide.
The kid may well develop, and excepting his 40 time, I love his measureables, but all that adds up to IMO is a "like".
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round...
Better not go to Utah anytime soon...

Many think Rowe is considered an even better FS candidate than he is a CB.
-
The only running back that interests me this draft that has the ability to bring something to the table Crow & West don't have is Abdullah.
Abdullah had the fasted 20 yard shuttle, 3 cone drill and highest vertical at the combine of all RB's.
Plus there is this.... I think we disagree on how explosive this kid is. The top end speed isn't elite. That initial burst? Absolutely.
Sorry, but a swing pass out of the backfield that should have gone for no more than 11 yards, but went the distance vs. McNeese St. doesn't impress me. What also doesn't impress is his pass protection...
Ameer brings agility to be sure, but lacks top end speed. Just feels like he'd be a dancer behind the ZBS. Based upon 10-yd split, Crow, with his decisive, one-cut style actually accelerates harder. And West shows more patience wide.
The kid may well develop, and excepting his 40 time, I love his measureables, but all that adds up to IMO is a "like".
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round...
Better not go to Utah anytime soon...

Many think Rowe is considered an even better FS candidate than he is a CB.
Better not go to Utah anytime soon...

Many think Rowe is considered an even better FS candidate than he is a CB.
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round..
Whoops........................ ...............................^^^^^Fixed ^^^^.
-
Better not go to Utah anytime soon...

Many think Rowe is considered an even better FS candidate than he is a CB.
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round..
Whoops........................ ...............................^^^^^Fixed ^^^^.
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round..
Whoops........................ ...............................^^^^^Fixed ^^^^.
He is a solid player and had a good combine but I haven't read anywhere that he's being considered as a 1st round pick. I'm not particularly fond of most B/R writers other than Bowen and Miller, but I was trying to make the point that this guy is even worse than the norm.
-
Eric Rowe killed it at the combine and was a small school player no ones ever heard of......now he's on a rapid rise and a good possibility to reach the first round..
Whoops........................ ...............................^^^^^Fixed ^^^^.
He is a solid player and had a good combine but I haven't read anywhere that he's being considered as a 1st round pick. I'm not particularly fond of most B/R writers other than Bowen and Miller, but I was trying to make the point that this guy is even worse than the norm.
He is a solid player and had a good combine but I haven't read anywhere that he's being considered as a 1st round pick. I'm not particularly fond of most B/R writers other than Bowen and Miller, but I was trying to make the point that this guy is even worse than the norm.
Well ....now you've read it here...

Ima guess he actually goes second round, but do know that the Ravens have interest in him and are picking a bit late....so, it's not really an outrageous thought....
I will agree 100%, that B/R is not loaded with quality writers....I rarely pay any attention to their articles lists.....their tactics kind of remind me of the USA Today color pie chart and graph type of reporting....lots of pictures, but very little substance..
-
He is a solid player and had a good combine but I haven't read anywhere that he's being considered as a 1st round pick. I'm not particularly fond of most B/R writers other than Bowen and Miller, but I was trying to make the point that this guy is even worse than the norm.
Well ....now you've read it here...

Ima guess he actually goes second round, but do know that the Ravens have interest in him and are picking a bit late....so, it's not really an outrageous thought....
I will agree 100%, that B/R is not loaded with quality writers....I rarely pay any attention to their articles lists.....their tactics kind of remind me of the USA Today color pie chart and graph type of reporting....lots of pictures, but very little substance..
Well ....now you've read it here...

Ima guess he actually goes second round, but do know that the Ravens have interest in him and are picking a bit late....so, it's not really an outrageous thought....
I will agree 100%, that B/R is not loaded with quality writers....I rarely pay any attention to their articles lists.....their tactics kind of remind me of the USA Today color pie chart and graph type of reporting....lots of pictures, but very little substance..
drafttek currently has him far down the list of CBs at 19th best and #139 overall which puts him in the 5th round. They have him as recently rising 49 spots after the combine.
http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Cornerbacks-2015-Draft.asp
-
Well ....now you've read it here...

Ima guess he actually goes second round, but do know that the Ravens have interest in him and are picking a bit late....so, it's not really an outrageous thought....
I will agree 100%, that B/R is not loaded with quality writers....I rarely pay any attention to their articles lists.....their tactics kind of remind me of the USA Today color pie chart and graph type of reporting....lots of pictures, but very little substance..
drafttek currently has him far down the list of CBs at 19th best and #139 overall which puts him in the 5th round. They have him as recently rising 49 spots after the combine.
http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Cornerbacks-2015-Draft.asp
drafttek currently has him far down the list of CBs at 19th best and #139 overall which puts him in the 5th round. They have him as recently rising 49 spots after the combine.
http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Cornerbacks-2015-Draft.asp
Ha...they need to call me then....Ill set em straight....

Really....even on their board(and Im not crazy about their CB rankings) he's rising pretty fast....but, yes, most boards have him at 3rd round or later right now....
CB's are getting specialized(just like WR's and everything else) and a lot of teams are looking for a certain type now....and he's one of just a few that have that desirable combination of athleticism with length & speed .....and after hitting all the marks at the combine, Im just betting someone will fall in love with his upside and take a swing....
-
The events of the weekend might not bode well at all for the Ravens, who were hoping to keep Haloti Ngata and Lardarius Webb on team-friendly, cap-friendly new deals. Problem is, the corner market has absolutely exploded with Byron Maxwell set to get $10 million a year in Philly and Brandon Flowers and others getting $9 million per year already. Webb, though coming off an injury-plagued season, would be looking at a thin group of corners around him if on the street. And the Suh deal, and other defensive line deals to come, would only increase Ngata's position on the open market to get paid. I don't see him budging on his evaluation; if he hits the open market, the Colts and Browns would be strong suitors, from what I gather. Could he push $10 million in the first year of a new deal?
-
Bills are about to resign Jerry Hughes
Vic Carucci @ viccarucci 3m 3 minutes ago
The # Bills are close on finalizing a deal to re-sign DE Jerry Hughes, according to an NFL source.
-
Hearing Torey Smith to 49ers
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login