Gordon Fails Again
-
First round and fourth round pick + Gilbert > Watkins.
Nice try, fuckstick.
at this point yes cause we have no QB to throw to anybody, but if we did have a good qb...I would disagree with you.
-
we needed to trade this guy 2 years ago when football analysts were seeing him loaf around the field.
-
-
Wow, some guys just never get it and you have to move on. So much talent. Perfect combination of speed and size. Oh well. Ain't happening with this kid.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Wow, some guys just never get it and you have to move on. So much talent. Perfect combination of speed and size. Oh well. Ain't happening with this kid.
Zombo
He's done. Maybe him and Justin Blackmon can get together somewhere on a porch in Oklahoma and swill beers and smoke some weed. Immense talent down the sewer. Wonder if he's eligible to play in the CFL? Suppose the Browns would have to release him first- and they should. He knew the rules- you're out of chances with the Browns Josh.
well woody how many times do you keep getting screwed by someone before you say enough is enough.
i don't remember anyone ever saying they hate josh gordon.......maybe they hate the fact they he let the franchise, his teammates and the fans down?
browns have to cut him.
This is certainly enough. The odds of Gordon playing another game in the NFL are approaching zero.
-
Zombo said:
Wow, some guys just never get it and you have to move on. So much talent. Perfect combination of speed and size. Oh well. Ain't happening with this kid.
Zombo
He's done. Maybe him and Justin Blackmon can get together somewhere on a porch in Oklahoma and swill beers and smoke some weed. Immense talent down the sewer. Wonder if he's eligible to play in the CFL? Suppose the Browns would have to release him first- and they should. He knew the rules- you're out of chances with the Browns Josh.
well woody how many times do you keep getting screwed by someone before you say enough is enough.
i don't remember anyone ever saying they hate josh gordon.......maybe they hate the fact they he let the franchise, his teammates and the fans down?
browns have to cut him.
This is certainly enough. The odds of Gordon playing another game in the NFL are approaching zero.
He's done. Maybe him and Justin Blackmon can get together somewhere on a porch in Oklahoma and swill beers and smoke some weed. Immense talent down the sewer. Wonder if he's eligible to play in the CFL? Suppose the Browns would have to release him first- and they should. He knew the rules- you're out of chances with the Browns Josh.
This is certainly enough. The odds of Gordon playing another game in the NFL are approaching zero.
I would concur.. unless Jerrah gives him a chance.. He did take on a nut bag like T.O.
-
-
He's a selfish immature turd. He'll be out of the league and bankrupt soon enough.
Waste of talent.
-
Everything you guys say is probably true.
But...
I feel really bad for this kid.
Whatever money he has will probably be eaten up by his scumbag hanger on homeboys and then he will have nothing.
His situation is so foreign to normal people who can't imagine throwing away the fortune and fame he had in his hands for nothing.
I truly think our anger is misplaced.
WSS
-
I agree Steve. By all accounts he is a good kid. He is just a knucklehead.
-
Everything you guys say is probably true.
But...
I feel really bad for this kid.
Whatever money he has will probably be eaten up by his scumbag hanger on homeboys and then he will have nothing.
His situation is so foreign to normal people who can't imagine throwing away the fortune and fame he had in his hands for nothing.
I truly think our anger is misplaced.
WSS
Everything you guys say is probably true.
But...
I feel really bad for this kid.
Whatever money he has will probably be eaten up by his scumbag hanger on homeboys and then he will have nothing.
His situation is so foreign to normal people who can't imagine throwing away the fortune and fame he had in his hands for nothing.
I truly think our anger is misplaced.
WSS
I maybe felt bad for him even this last time because there was clearly a shadow of doubt on what actually happened. But he's gotten and a 2nd and 3rd chance at this point ya know? It's not like he made one bad mistake and now he'll never play again. I can't feel bad after so many personal, stupid choices.
-
I have a feeling he is doing alot of it not wanting to play in cleveland. I say F him time move on we should have got a wr last season knowing his problems.
I have a feeling he is doing alot of it not wanting to play in cleveland. I say F him time move on we should have got a wr last season knowing his problems.
He's probably not going to be playing anywhere, not just in Cleveland. So if that was his motive- it wasn't a very smart one. Will another team be willing to take a chance on him? Even at vet minimum? He'll still get drug tested even while on suspension, one more fail, it's a lifetime ban. If you followed up, that final game suspension by Pettine was a culmination of violating team rules, not just a one shot deal.
This thread is (supposedly) about Josh Gordon, not JF. Like most instances, his name begins to monopolize every thread with the same crap going back and forth. Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FWIW, the Browns really have to let this guy go. I am all for giving second chances but not 4th, 5th or 6th. This team will have enough distractions during the off-season, through Training Camp and during the season, itself.
He is/was a stud WR. Shortly, I'm afraid, he will blow all that he earned/was given to him. No support group. What does his Agent do for him.
Any way, good riddance.
The guy voluntarily checked into rehab and it apparently didn't help him much. Do have to wonder- and it will come out soon enough- what the testing limits are for alcohol? Trace is enough to fail? Rules are rules, but regarding booze- you can't even have a few beers because you had an alcohol arrest? Admittedly, not very smart to keep on drinking under those circumstances.
Everything you guys say is probably true.
But...
I feel really bad for this kid.
Whatever money he has will probably be eaten up by his scumbag hanger on homeboys and then he will have nothing.
His situation is so foreign to normal people who can't imagine throwing away the fortune and fame he had in his hands for nothing.
I truly think our anger is misplaced.
WSS
Agreed- it's a personal tragedy Steve. Enormous waste of talent. Even sadder- I seem to remember if Gordon had managed to test clean for a couple of years, all this would have gone away, and the slate would have been wiped clean.
-
Can this be fairly said:
That the NFL rules are completely Draconian and out of whack such that a guy that tokes a teeny tiny bit of dope, and maybe has a beer has to lose his career for two years.
And don't fucking tell me "its the rules". I interpret and enforce rules and laws all the time.
Should such rules be so out of whack with basic human justice?
I mean, what is this: The Terror.....and who is Gordon? Fucking Jean Valjean?
-
it's amazing how 98-99% of the players can follow the rules or are smart enough to not get caught.
-
Can this be fairly said:
That the NFL rules are completely Draconian and out of whack such that a guy that tokes a teeny tiny bit of dope, and maybe has a beer has to lose his career for two years.
And don't fucking tell me "its the rules". I interpret and enforce rules and laws all the time.
Should such rules be so out of whack with basic human justice?
I mean, what is this: The Terror.....and who is Gordon? Fucking Jean Valjean?
Can this be fairly said:
That the NFL rules are completely Draconian and out of whack such that a guy that tokes a teeny tiny bit of dope, and maybe has a beer has to lose his career for two years.
And don't fucking tell me "its the rules". I interpret and enforce rules and laws all the time.
Should such rules be so out of whack with basic human justice?
I mean, what is this: The Terror.....and who is Gordon? Fucking Jean Valjean?
Its the rules. You should know that. When you are paid tons of money to obey guidelines, and you fail to do so, you pay the piper. The guy is a fucking mind dead idiot. Fuck him.
-
Can this be fairly said:
That the NFL rules are completely Draconian and out of whack such that a guy that tokes a teeny tiny bit of dope, and maybe has a beer has to lose his career for two years.
And don't fucking tell me "its the rules". I interpret and enforce rules and laws all the time.
Should such rules be so out of whack with basic human justice?
I mean, what is this: The Terror.....and who is Gordon? Fucking Jean Valjean?
Yeah?Can this be fairly said:
That the NFL rules are completely Draconian and out of whack such that a guy that tokes a teeny tiny bit of dope, and maybe has a beer has to lose his career for two years.
And don't fucking tell me "its the rules". I interpret and enforce rules and laws all the time.
Should such rules be so out of whack with basic human justice?
I mean, what is this: The Terror.....and who is Gordon? Fucking Jean Valjean?
Well I guess if you caught somebody driving his car after a couple beers its ok to take his livelihood away, right? Let us not pretend that the legal limit is that big a deal okay? We realize it's a revenue tactic. Seems kind of draconian to me.
WSS
-
Can this be fairly said:
That the NFL rules are completely Draconian and out of whack such that a guy that tokes a teeny tiny bit of dope, and maybe has a beer has to lose his career for two years.
And don't fucking tell me "its the rules". I interpret and enforce rules and laws all the time.
Should such rules be so out of whack with basic human justice?
I mean, what is this: The Terror.....and who is Gordon? Fucking Jean Valjean?
Can this be fairly said:
That the NFL rules are completely Draconian and out of whack such that a guy that tokes a teeny tiny bit of dope, and maybe has a beer has to lose his career for two years.
And don't fucking tell me "its the rules". I interpret and enforce rules and laws all the time.
Should such rules be so out of whack with basic human justice?
I mean, what is this: The Terror.....and who is Gordon? Fucking Jean Valjean?
These "Draconian" rules aren't too much of a hassle for most of the players in the league. Puffy is free to find employment elsewhere that has easier rules in regards to drugs.
-
I've hoped that Gordon would straighten himself up and be a key contributor but his mistakes have cost the team and probably ended his career. I'm noy going to say this is tragic. He was on chance 4 or 5 at this point and just doesn't get it, hopefully the car dealership will hire him back.
-
Yeah?Can this be fairly said:
That the NFL rules are completely Draconian and out of whack such that a guy that tokes a teeny tiny bit of dope, and maybe has a beer has to lose his career for two years.
And don't fucking tell me "its the rules". I interpret and enforce rules and laws all the time.
Should such rules be so out of whack with basic human justice?
I mean, what is this: The Terror.....and who is Gordon? Fucking Jean Valjean?
Well I guess if you caught somebody driving his car after a couple beers its ok to take his livelihood away, right? Let us not pretend that the legal limit is that big a deal okay? We realize it's a revenue tactic. Seems kind of draconian to me.
WSS
Yeah?
Well I guess if you caught somebody driving his car after a couple beers its ok to take his livelihood away, right? Let us not pretend that the legal limit is that big a deal okay? We realize it's a revenue tactic. Seems kind of draconian to me.
WSS
I am sorry but I have to disagree with your thought here. There are a lot of people with loved ones who are departed early due to people right around that legal limit. While you may think you aren't impaired when you are at or above the limit a hell of a lot of tests say you are. Sure there are exceptions to all rules but in general I am right.
To the point of the rules being "Draconian" plenty of us live under similar rules and do just fine. We may not like them or agree with them but we deal with it out of a sense of responsibility. Plenty of us might like to smoke a few joints BUT we prioritize our careers that subsequently feed and house our families. It is all about priorities.
-
The rules that Gordon were under for drinking alcohol are not ones for most NFL players. These rules against alcohol are reserved for those like Gordon who get convicted of DUI offenses. It all comes back to individual responsibility.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login