Buckeyes land top OT and TE prospects.
-
Thats what have a great coach, a National Championship team, and the best Engineering program in the country will do! Way to to OSU!
MIT and CalTech may weigh in on the engineering thing.
MIT and CalTech may weigh in on the engineering thing.
Idk... last time I was on campus, all the improvements to the engineering building(s) plus additional housing. On top of that, that Asian populace had apparently doubled!?!? So I strongly suspect there has been an increase in academic rankings along the STEM lines for tOSU.
Naturally I use strict criteria in supporting my posts.
-
Along with a handful of other teams you moron. You bitch about me talking about Michigan "all the time", but here you are just bringing them up every opportunity you get. I hope a handful of you have fulfilling lives, because it seems like you get way too much enjoyment out of this...
You can't help but interject michigan into any thread about ohio state and then bitch and complain when you're called on it. Michigan is a hot pile of garbage. It doesn't belong in the same sentence as ohio state and Alabama
You can't help but interject michigan into any thread about ohio state and then bitch and complain when you're called on it. Michigan is a hot pile of garbage. It doesn't belong in the same sentence as ohio state and Alabama
Right.... I bring them up... Just me...
-
MIT and CalTech may weigh in on the engineering thing.
Idk... last time I was on campus, all the improvements to the engineering building(s) plus additional housing. On top of that, that Asian populace had apparently doubled!?!? So I strongly suspect there has been an increase in academic rankings along the STEM lines for tOSU.
Naturally I use strict criteria in supporting my posts.
Idk... last time I was on campus, all the improvements to the engineering building(s) plus additional housing. On top of that, that Asian populace had apparently doubled!?!? So I strongly suspect there has been an increase in academic rankings along the STEM lines for tOSU.
Naturally I use strict criteria in supporting my posts.
Lol
From what I've heard growing up in state, OSU has gotten much better over the last few decades. You uses to be guaranteed to get in if you were from Ohio. Not the case anymore
-
Statements like that let me realize I am wasting my time trying to rationalize anything in here.
Why? A team that goes 12-0 should be in the national title hunt. They were not eligible....but if they were they would have been in there.
Is that so hard to comprehend?
Why? A team that goes 12-0 should be in the national title hunt. They were not eligible....but if they were they would have been in there.
Is that so hard to comprehend?
The statement that the ban was horseshit was what I was referring to
Trust me, none of your statements are hard to comprehend. It is very obvious what you're attempting to say or troll
-
The bowl ban was over players getting free tattoos and taking small amounts of money for their memorabilia. To me that's horse shit. Athletes and celebrities get free shit all the time. It's ridiculous to expect that college athletes be held to a different standard. They're not getting paid. Fine. But perks are part of the job and in reality some of them ARE getting paid but not caught. Tressel withheld information that shouldn't have been a surprise or outrageous in the first place. Ok. Fine. Force his resignation. Pryor left too. To take that out on the guys that stayed when they went undefeated is just spiteful and shitty. I guarantee this could have happened easily at Michigan. You think your boyfriend Denard Robinson never scored a free lunch? That's just stupid.
-
The bowl ban was over players getting free tattoos and taking small amounts of money for their memorabilia. To me that's horse shit. Athletes and celebrities get free shit all the time. It's ridiculous to expect that college athletes be held to a different standard. They're not getting paid. Fine. But perks are part of the job and in reality some of them ARE getting paid but not caught. Tressel withheld information that shouldn't have been a surprise or outrageous in the first place. Ok. Fine. Force his resignation. Pryor left too. To take that out on the guys that stayed when they went undefeated is just spiteful and shitty. I guarantee this could have happened easily at Michigan. You think your boyfriend Denard Robinson never scored a free lunch? That's just stupid.
The bowl ban was over players getting free tattoos and taking small amounts of money for their memorabilia. To me that's horse shit. Athletes and celebrities get free shit all the time. It's ridiculous to expect that college athletes be held to a different standard. They're not getting paid. Fine. But perks are part of the job and in reality some of them ARE getting paid but not caught. Tressel withheld information that shouldn't have been a surprise or outrageous in the first place. Ok. Fine. Force his resignation. Pryor left too. To take that out on the guys that stayed when they went undefeated is just spiteful and shitty. I guarantee this could have happened easily at Michigan. You think your boyfriend Denard Robinson never scored a free lunch? That's just stupid.
Throwing around accusations there, shocker. The ban wasn't for TatGate, it was for Tressel lying to the NCAA. Every OSU fan wants to act like it was just the tattoos... every time. I agree that was a dumb rule, but rules are rules. And NOT lying to the NCAA is definitely a rule.
Pryor did have a handful of suspiciously nice cars though.... That was a sweet Nissan 350Z...
-
The bowl ban was over players getting free tattoos and taking small amounts of money for their memorabilia. To me that's horse shit. Athletes and celebrities get free shit all the time. It's ridiculous to expect that college athletes be held to a different standard. They're not getting paid. Fine. But perks are part of the job and in reality some of them ARE getting paid but not caught. Tressel withheld information that shouldn't have been a surprise or outrageous in the first place. Ok. Fine. Force his resignation. Pryor left too. To take that out on the guys that stayed when they went undefeated is just spiteful and shitty. I guarantee this could have happened easily at Michigan. You think your boyfriend Denard Robinson never scored a free lunch? That's just stupid.
Throwing around accusations there, shocker. The ban wasn't for TatGate, it was for Tressel lying to the NCAA. Every OSU fan wants to act like it was just the tattoos... every time. I agree that was a dumb rule, but rules are rules. And NOT lying to the NCAA is definitely a rule.
Pryor did have a handful of suspiciously nice cars though.... That was a sweet Nissan 350Z...
Throwing around accusations there, shocker. The ban wasn't for TatGate, it was for Tressel lying to the NCAA. Every OSU fan wants to act like it was just the tattoos... every time. I agree that was a dumb rule, but rules are rules. And NOT lying to the NCAA is definitely a rule.
Pryor did have a handful of suspiciously nice cars though.... That was a sweet Nissan 350Z...
What accusation is that? That at some point Denard Robinson got some preferential treatment or something for free for being Michigans quartetback? That's not an accusation that's what happens.
-
The bowl ban was over players getting free tattoos and taking small amounts of money for their memorabilia. To me that's horse shit. Athletes and celebrities get free shit all the time. It's ridiculous to expect that college athletes be held to a different standard. They're not getting paid. Fine. But perks are part of the job and in reality some of them ARE getting paid but not caught. Tressel withheld information that shouldn't have been a surprise or outrageous in the first place. Ok. Fine. Force his resignation. Pryor left too. To take that out on the guys that stayed when they went undefeated is just spiteful and shitty. I guarantee this could have happened easily at Michigan. You think your boyfriend Denard Robinson never scored a free lunch? That's just stupid.
Throwing around accusations there, shocker. The ban wasn't for TatGate, it was for Tressel lying to the NCAA. Every OSU fan wants to act like it was just the tattoos... every time. I agree that was a dumb rule, but rules are rules. And NOT lying to the NCAA is definitely a rule.
Pryor did have a handful of suspiciously nice cars though.... That was a sweet Nissan 350Z...
Throwing around accusations there, shocker. The ban wasn't for TatGate, it was for Tressel lying to the NCAA. Every OSU fan wants to act like it was just the tattoos... every time. I agree that was a dumb rule, but rules are rules. And NOT lying to the NCAA is definitely a rule.
Pryor did have a handful of suspiciously nice cars though.... That was a sweet Nissan 350Z...
I think what draws the ire of tOSU fans is that the university and Gene Smith were very transparent during the investigation. This on top of the self imposed penalties. In comparison to the treatment received by say... USC, whom basically told the NCAA to pound salt and stonewalled any attempts at information for years.
Did I have a problem with probation, loss of scholarships or the show clause with Tressel? No. Bowl ban? Yes. That ban cost this team a shot at another national championship. One that very possibly could have been a victory given Notre Dame's front 7 being exposed by a quality Oline.
-
Why? A team that goes 12-0 should be in the national title hunt. They were not eligible....but if they were they would have been in there.
Is that so hard to comprehend?
The statement that the ban was horseshit was what I was referring to
Trust me, none of your statements are hard to comprehend. It is very obvious what you're attempting to say or troll
The statement that the ban was horseshit was what I was referring to
Trust me, none of your statements are hard to comprehend. It is very obvious what you're attempting to say or troll
Who said anything about the ban being horseshit or not. I am simply saying that without the ban, an 12-0 Ohio State team would have to be considered a contender for a national title.
Is there anything about that you disagree with?
-
If I remember correctly, OSU could have self imposed the bowl ban the year before when they went 6-6, but Gene Smith chose not to. I think he thought they were bullet proof.
It is also hard to praise the transparency of the athletic department when the issue surrounded a coach lying to the NCAA.
-
The statement that the ban was horseshit was what I was referring to
Trust me, none of your statements are hard to comprehend. It is very obvious what you're attempting to say or troll
Who said anything about the ban being horseshit or not. I am simply saying that without the ban, an 12-0 Ohio State team would have to be considered a contender for a national title.
Is there anything about that you disagree with?
Who said anything about the ban being horseshit or not. I am simply saying that without the ban, an 12-0 Ohio State team would have to be considered a contender for a national title.
Is there anything about that you disagree with?
My original post in the chain was a response to Cysko's. It sounded like, to me at least, he was describing the bowl ban as horse shit.
I don't remember all of the teams at the top that year (was that the ND vs Bama year?) but yes, OSU would have been strongly in consideration.
-
At least Vagitron trolls for a good team
At least Vagitron trolls for a good team
I don't think you understand what trolling is
-
At least Vagitron trolls for a good team
I don't think you understand what trolling is
I don't think you understand what trolling is
We have our own definition of trolling: If you are not a Browns fan and you post on this forum.....you are a troll. And we don't give a damn how "nice" you may be.
For the "College Football Forum" I guess it can be different. This isn't the "Buckeyes Board"....so even though you are a fan/alum of that team up north....you may not be a troll per se.
-
Who said anything about the ban being horseshit or not. I am simply saying that without the ban, an 12-0 Ohio State team would have to be considered a contender for a national title.
Is there anything about that you disagree with?
My original post in the chain was a response to Cysko's. It sounded like, to me at least, he was describing the bowl ban as horse shit.
I don't remember all of the teams at the top that year (was that the ND vs Bama year?) but yes, OSU would have been strongly in consideration.
My original post in the chain was a response to Cysko's. It sounded like, to me at least, he was describing the bowl ban as horse shit.
Well, the punishment for the whole selling of trinkets.....trinkets which belonged personally to those players....for tattoos or a little bit of cash....is pure pettiness given that we are pretty certain that the SEC throws around hundreds of thousands of dollars under the table for their players. It really warranted nothing more than a slight slap on the wrist. But, yes, the failure to disclose those technical violations is what got the team/coach in trouble.
-
If I remember correctly, OSU could have self imposed the bowl ban the year before when they went 6-6, but Gene Smith chose not to. I think he thought they were bullet proof.
It is also hard to praise the transparency of the athletic department when the issue surrounded a coach lying to the NCAA.
If I remember correctly, OSU could have self imposed the bowl ban the year before when they went 6-6, but Gene Smith chose not to. I think he thought they were bullet proof.
It is also hard to praise the transparency of the athletic department when the issue surrounded a coach lying to the NCAA.
OSU offered to self impose the bowl ban but the NCAA kind went "meh" until they threw down their own little gauntlet.
One coach lying to the NCAA hardly befits the narrative that the athletic department wasn't "transparent". I'll also give Tressel this credit, once the emails were out there - he fully cooperated. Again, this in stark contrast to what you see/saw at USC and Miami with allegations that make what happened at tOSU look like nothing.
-
He fully cooperated after he got caught lying? Hard to give Tressel any benefit of the doubt with the track record he had before that.
-
Gipper, the punishment for the players caught selling stuff was their suspensions. Which got waived for the Biwl Game and some just left without having to sit out.
I agree though, the SEC does much worse stuff on a daily basis.
-
Gipper, the punishment for the players caught selling stuff was their suspensions. Which got waived for the Biwl Game and some just left without having to sit out.
I agree though, the SEC does much worse stuff on a daily basis.
Gipper, the punishment for the players caught selling stuff was their suspensions. Which got waived for the Biwl Game and some just left without having to sit out.
I agree though, the SEC does much worse stuff on a daily basis.
Well, they would have probably had like a one game suspension for that.....which could have been served at some point in the season.
There would have been no bowl ban for that. Tressel not being forthcoming got the bowl ban.
-
I understand the bowl ban resulted from Tressel lying.
I thought the players suspensions were 4 games starting the next season?
-
I understand the bowl ban resulted from Tressel lying.
I thought the players suspensions were 4 games starting the next season?
I understand the bowl ban resulted from Tressel lying.
I thought the players suspensions were 4 games starting the next season?
I don't recall what they were....but 4 games would have been absurd. For selling or trading your own property for very little?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login