Skip to content

Report: Jordan Cameron rejects 6-7 million dollars from Browns.

The Browns Board
56 32 2.5k
  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Turns down 6-7 million? They live in a different world. I don't think the Browns should over pay to keep him.

  • A Adoug319 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    What did he even do this year? He was hurt for half the year...

    Good riddance

    Now if Gipson and/or Skrine walk, then i'll be upset.

    I'm not worried about Cameron

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Good potential but I think he'll get a stark reality check when it's time to hit the FA market. He's one concussion away from potentially losing his career and no one is gonna pay him big bucks as a result.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #5

    One good year out of four. I know he was a project when we took him, but still. And then, you'd think he'd show a little gratitude to the organisation that took a chance and developed him. But this is the NFL, so probably not.

  • I Itoldyou wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Shows how bad things really are...

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    You could not count on him or JG to even be in the lineup so at least we clear some space that was taken up by a bench most of the season.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I would offer that money to Jermaine Gresham instead

  • I would offer that money to Jermaine Gresham instead

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @jcam222 said:

    I would offer that money to Jermaine Gresham instead

    I would offer it to Julius Thomas.

  • Rooster DickR Rooster Dick wrote on last edited by
    #10

    You guys are forgetting... .nobody wants to play here!

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #11

    He can eat a dick then.

  • @jcam222 said:

    I would offer that money to Jermaine Gresham instead

    I would offer it to Julius Thomas.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would offer it to Julius Thomas.

    Yup... and maybe more.

    In addition to the fact that the $6-7 mil may have been the opening offer, there's no telling why Cam turned the offer down. How many years? What percentage is guaranteed? How much base? How much incentive?

    $6 mil+ is top ten TE money. Hard for me to see Cam being worth that, let alone more... at least not base.

  • MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Probably not about the money here.

    So much uncertainty and instability in this organization. Only way for him to reach his full potential might be to go somewhere else.

  • OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
    #14

    I don't think the Browns should resign him anyway. We can look at Maxx Williams or Tyler Kroft in the draft to replace him.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would offer it to Julius Thomas.

    Yup... and maybe more.

    In addition to the fact that the $6-7 mil may have been the opening offer, there's no telling why Cam turned the offer down. How many years? What percentage is guaranteed? How much base? How much incentive?

    $6 mil+ is top ten TE money. Hard for me to see Cam being worth that, let alone more... at least not base.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tour2ma said:

    $6 mil+ is top ten TE money. Hard for me to see Cam being worth that, let alone more... at least not base.

    Id agree there....for me, he's a little too expensive for his production to this point.....add the injury factor and he seems like a very risky investment........I say let someone else overpay him.....

  • Probably not about the money here.

    So much uncertainty and instability in this organization. Only way for him to reach his full potential might be to go somewhere else.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @masterdog said:

    Probably not about the money here.

    So much uncertainty and instability in this organization. Only way for him to reach his full potential might be to go somewhere else.

    Is there another team where the concussion risk isn't as great? If so, I fail to see how his "potential" could be unleashed by being on another team.

    He can be a top 10, possibly top 5 TE when healthy. The issue appears to be the latter. Let us hope Cam realizes that without it, it doesn't matter how good he thinks he is.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #17

    He can hit the bricks. Dray and the other guy Barnidge are serviceable enough.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would offer it to Julius Thomas.

    Yup... and maybe more.

    In addition to the fact that the $6-7 mil may have been the opening offer, there's no telling why Cam turned the offer down. How many years? What percentage is guaranteed? How much base? How much incentive?

    $6 mil+ is top ten TE money. Hard for me to see Cam being worth that, let alone more... at least not base.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
    #18

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup... and maybe more.

    In addition to the fact that the $6-7 mil may have been the opening offer, there's no telling why Cam turned the offer down. How many years? What percentage is guaranteed? How much base? How much incentive?

    $6 mil+ is top ten TE money. Hard for me to see Cam being worth that, let alone more... at least not base.

    It's actually not hard to imagine the contract being heavy but with little guaranteed due to injury concerns.

    If I were in charge, that's how I'd structure it.

    Cameron has the possibility of being elite when he's not injured. However, those times seem to be few and far between. Instead of a large signing bonus, medium base and performance escalators, I could see a high base with a low signing bonus and small portion guaranteed.

    For the organization, this makes the most sense. You pay Cameron top-tier money if he plays all season, he's got a franchise-friendly contract if you'd like to trade him, and you release him with little dead money if he ends up sucking.

    For Cameron, it's still beneficial. He's not going to get a top-ten contract in FA. That's just not going to happen. I'm sure his agent is looking for a $10 million/year contract with 75% guaranteed or some garbage. But he won't find it. So, if you really want out of Cleveland, take the franchise tight end level contract they're willing to offer you, dog it for a couple games and see who comes calling by the trade deadline.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yup... and maybe more.

    In addition to the fact that the $6-7 mil may have been the opening offer, there's no telling why Cam turned the offer down. How many years? What percentage is guaranteed? How much base? How much incentive?

    $6 mil+ is top ten TE money. Hard for me to see Cam being worth that, let alone more... at least not base.

    It's actually not hard to imagine the contract being heavy but with little guaranteed due to injury concerns.

    If I were in charge, that's how I'd structure it.

    Cameron has the possibility of being elite when he's not injured. However, those times seem to be few and far between. Instead of a large signing bonus, medium base and performance escalators, I could see a high base with a low signing bonus and small portion guaranteed.

    For the organization, this makes the most sense. You pay Cameron top-tier money if he plays all season, he's got a franchise-friendly contract if you'd like to trade him, and you release him with little dead money if he ends up sucking.

    For Cameron, it's still beneficial. He's not going to get a top-ten contract in FA. That's just not going to happen. I'm sure his agent is looking for a $10 million/year contract with 75% guaranteed or some garbage. But he won't find it. So, if you really want out of Cleveland, take the franchise tight end level contract they're willing to offer you, dog it for a couple games and see who comes calling by the trade deadline.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's actually not hard to imagine the contract being heavy but with little guaranteed due to injury concerns.

    If I were in charge, that's how I'd structure it.

    Cameron has the possibility of being elite when he's not injured. However, those times seem to be few and far between. Instead of a large signing bonus, medium base and performance escalators, I could see a high base with a low signing bonus and small portion guaranteed.

    For the organization, this makes the most sense. You pay Cameron top-tier money if he plays all season, he's got a franchise-friendly contract if you'd like to trade him, and you release him with little dead money if he ends up sucking.

    For Cameron, it's still beneficial. He's not going to get a top-ten contract in FA. That's just not going to happen. I'm sure his agent is looking for a $10 million/year contract with 75% guaranteed or some garbage. But he won't find it. So, if you really want out of Cleveland, take the franchise tight end level contract they're willing to offer you, dog it for a couple games and see who comes calling by the trade deadline.

    This is how all deals should be configured... 😐

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I liked a healthy Cameron, but no sense paying that kind of money for a TE.