Skip to content

Fanspeak draft simulator (You make the picks)

The Browns Board
107 26 3.7k
  • For example:

    Round 1 Pick 19: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 1 Pick 20 (PHI): Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Nate Orchard, DE, Utah (A)
    Round 2 Pick 14 (S.F.): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16 (S.D.): Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)
  • For example:

    Round 1 Pick 19: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 1 Pick 20 (PHI): Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Nate Orchard, DE, Utah (A)
    Round 2 Pick 14 (S.F.): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16 (S.D.): Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)

    @gftchris said:

    For example:

    Round 1 Pick 19: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 1 Pick 20 (PHI): Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Nate Orchard, DE, Utah (A)
    Round 2 Pick 14 (S.F.): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16 (S.D.): Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)

    If the Browns came away with that draft I'd run ass naked through MikToxics living room

  • @gftchris said:

    For example:

    Round 1 Pick 19: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 1 Pick 20 (PHI): Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Nate Orchard, DE, Utah (A)
    Round 2 Pick 14 (S.F.): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16 (S.D.): Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)

    If the Browns came away with that draft I'd run ass naked through MikToxics living room

    @walterwhite said:

    If the Browns came away with that draft I'd run ass naked through MikToxics living room

    Mr Farmer, if you're reading, please make this happen.

  • @gftchris said:

    For example:

    Round 1 Pick 19: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 1 Pick 20 (PHI): Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Nate Orchard, DE, Utah (A)
    Round 2 Pick 14 (S.F.): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16 (S.D.): Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)

    If the Browns came away with that draft I'd run ass naked through MikToxics living room

    @walterwhite said:

    If the Browns came away with that draft I'd run ass naked through MikToxics living room

    my living room is a shoe closet but by all means.........

  • Here was my first effort:

    1st round #12: Danny Shelton DT Washington

    1st round #19: Andrus Peat OT Stanford

    2d round: Donal Green-Beckham WR Missouri

    3rd round: Nick O'Leary TE Florida St.

    4th round: Kwon Alexander LB LSU

    4th round: Andy Gallick OC Boston Colleg

    5th round: Charle Gaines CB Louisville

    6th round: Jake Ryan OLB Michigan (a sucker for sweet sisteen)

    6th round: Tyler Varga FB Yale (an Ivy League FB works for the Ravens, why not us)

    7th round: Zack Wagenman DE Montana (we struck gold with a DB from Wyoming...see what Montana brings us)

  • only did the first 5 rounds.......

    1)...Danny Shelton - DT

    1)...Devon White - WR

    2)...Tre Jackson - OG

    3)...Cedric Obguehi - OT

    4)...Sean Mannion - QB

    4)...Devin Funchess- WR

    5)...Max Valles - OLB

  • Gave it a try as the Packers. I know we are in February, but there's clearly something wrong with the simulator. With the 30th pick in each round I came away with:

    Round 1 - Danny Shelton

    Round 2 - Quinten Rollins

    Round 3 - Devin Funchess

    Round 4 - Tevin Coleman

    I'm not very familiar with Rollins, although I heard a bit about him during Senior Bowl coverage, but there's no way the other 3 players will be there at those picks...

  • Noticed there are two Big Boards now available...

    One thing I like to do is see what the computer drafts for us. Here's one from the Fanspeak Big Board:

    12: R1P12 OT BRANDON SCHERFF IOWA

    19: R1P19 DE DANTE FOWLER JR. FLORIDA

    43: R2P11 DT XAVIER COOPER WASHINGTON STATE

    77: R3P13 S ANTHONY HARRIS VIRGINIA

    108: R4P12 WR JUSTIN HARDY ECU

    112: R4P16 RB AMEER ABDULLAH NEBRASKA

    139: R5P11 TE JESSE JAMES PENN STATE

    173: R6P13 ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY CLEMSON

    186: R6P26 C MAX GARCIA FLORIDA

    204: R7P12 WR KENNY BELL NEBRASKA

    Don't love it, but if Fowler is an upgrade over Sheard, we could do worse...

  • Holy god, if this happens, Farmer wins all the prizes.

    12: R1P12 QB MARCUS MARIOTA OREGON
    19: R1P19 DE SHANE RAY MISSOURI
    43: R2P11 WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM MISSOURI
    77: R3P13 DT GABE WRIGHT AUBURN
    108: R4P12 OT CEDRIC OGBUEHI TEXAS A&M
    112: R4P16 RB MIKE DAVIS SOUTH CAROLINA
    139: R5P11 WR BRESHAD PERRIMAN UCF
    173: R6P13 DT MARCUS HARDISON ARIZONA STATE
    186: R6P26 S ADRIAN AMOS PENN STATE
    204: R7P12 OLB JAMES VAUGHTERS STANFORD

  • From first-pick.com

    1a - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

    1b - Eddie Goldman, DT, FSU

    2 - Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami

    3 - Clive Warford, TE, Miami

    4a - Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville

    4b - Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona St

    5 - Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina

    6a - Deontay Greenberry, WR, Houston

    6b - Josh Robinson, RB, Miss St

    7 - Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama

    Assuming we kept all 10 picks, I'd be pretty happy with at least the top 5 picks here

  • R1P12: Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska

    R1P19: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

    R2P11: Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami(FL)

    R3P13: Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

    R4P12: Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska

    R4P16: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State

    R5P11: Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke

    R6P13: Max Garcia, C, Florida

    R6P26: James Sample, S, Louisville

    R7P12: Davis Tull, OLB, Chattanooga


  • 12: R1P12

    DT LEONARD WILLIAMS

    USC


    19: R1P19

    WR KEVIN WHITE

    WVU


    43: R2P11

    TE MAXX WILLIAMS

    MINNESOTA


    77: R3P13

    DT GRADY JARRETT

    CLEMSON


    108: R4P12

    G JOSUE MATIAS

    FLORIDA STATE


    112: R4P16

    C ANDY GALLIK

    BOSTON COLLEGE


    139: R5P11

    WR VINCE MAYLE

    WASHINGTON STATE


    173: R6P13

    FB JALSTON FOWLER

    ALABAMA


    186: R6P26

    OLB JAMES VAUGHTERS

    STANFORD


    204: R7P12

    K JUSTIN MANTON

    LOUISIANA-MONROE

  • First Free Agency:
    CUT

    Travis Benjamin WR Rodney Smith WR Jim Dray TE Paul McQuistan T Phil Bates WR Vinston Painter T

    Benjamin is just not the same and likely wont be. There have to be better options. I would also cut Barnridge TE based on my draft

    SIGNED PLAYERS

    Name / Position / Cap Hit - Brian Hoyer QB 3,750,000 Jeremy Maclin WR 7,350,000 Miles Austin WR 1,000,000 Jermaine Gresham TE 4,500,000 Ndamukong Suh DT 8,800,000 David Harris ILB 4,900,000 Buster Skrine CB 1,800,000

    Yep paid a shitload for Suh and Harris, probably overpaid for Maclin but they are top notch adds, Tashaun was not listed but I would tag him. I also believe Gresham is an upgrade over Cameron. Would have signed Julius Thomas if available.

    Cap Space Remaining: 51,744,743 - Franchise tag cap hit of Tashaun Gibson, still a pretty hefty stash of cash

    My 2015 Draft - note that if trades had been allowed I would have taken a 3 for Manziel , I will also add that if that was the case I may have taken OT in the 3rd as I really debated on Collins at 19.

    12: R1P12

    WR KEVIN WHITE WVU

    19: R1P19

    OT LA'EL COLLINS LSU

    43: R2P11 QB BRETT HUNDLEY UCLA

    77: R3P13 C REESE DISMUKES AUBURN

    108: R4P12 G JOSUE MATIAS FLORIDA STATE

    112: R4P16 DE HENRY ANDERSON STANFORD

    139: R5P11 TE JESSE JAMES PENN STATE

    173: R6P13 FB JALSTON FOWLER ALABAMA

    186: R6P26

    CB IMOAN CLAIBORNE NORTHWESTERN STATE

    204: R7P12 K JUSTIN MANTON LOUISIANA-MONROE

    Yep, I believe its a deep playoff team

  • That was fun:

    12: R1P12
    DT DANNY SHELTON
    WASHINGTON
    19: R1P19
    OT LA'EL COLLINS
    LSU
    43: R2P11
    WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
    MISSOURI
    77: R3P13
    C REESE DISMUKES
    AUBURN
    108: R4P12
    DE TREY FLOWERS
    ARKANSAS
    112: R4P16
    DT JOEY MBU
    HOUSTON
    139: R5P11
    WR JAMISON CROWDER
    DUKE
    173: R6P13
    OT TYRUS THOMPSON
    OKLAHOMA
    186: R6P26
    RB MALCOLM BROWN
    TEXAS
    204: R7P12
    OT TAYO FABULUJE
    TCU

    I had to take another problem child in G-B but damn he is so f'n talented. Besides the Browns would not be the Browns without a problem child or 3.

    And God forgive me I actually took a GD Longhorn because the bastard can make that 2 yards when we really need it. He ain't no flea and loves contact head-on He'll play like a Brown.

    Desmukes is a great center and we needed a backup plan if Mack isn't 100%.

    Something on Flowers in case you never heard of him much.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445393/article/arkansas-trey-flowers-performs-55inch-box-jump

    Just for fun I did a second try and the crab leg man was still available. So just for the Browns I took Famous Jameis Winston as our next ex-Browns QB. LOL!

  • @walterwhite said:

    If the Browns came away with that draft I'd run ass naked through MikToxics living room

    my living room is a shoe closet but by all means.........

    @miktoxic said:

    my living room is a shoe closet but by all means.........

    So you guys can spoon without trying? Perfect!!!!

  • Gave it a try on FirstPick and included trades, got some extra picks from trading down with the Texans.

    Round 1, Pick 12-Danny Shelton, DT, Washington

    Round 1, Pick 19-DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville

    Round 2, Pick 19(from Texans)-Mario Edwards, DE, Florida State

    Round 3, Pick 13-Zach Hodges, OLB, Harvard

    Round 3, Pick 19(from Texans)-Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia

    Round 4, Pick 12-Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State

    Round 4, Pick 16-Andy Gallik, C, Boston College

    Round 4, Pick 17(from Texans)-Kevin White, CB, TCU

    Round 5, Pick 11-Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina

    Round 5, Pick 16(from Texans)-Matt Jones, RB, Florida

    Round 6, Pick 13-Dechane Durante, FS, Northern Illinois

    Round 6, Pick 26-Zach Zwinak, FB, Penn State

    Round 7, Pick 12-Bobby Hart, OG, Florida State

  • Well one thing I have learned from this is that we are going to have to address at least one of these glaring needs through free agency. DT, OT, ILB and WR. I find it impossible to get really great players for all 4 positions using this draft model multiple times. There is always one of the 4 that just does not measure up to what we need; Josh threw a huge monkey wrench into all of this. Better now than after the draft I guess.

    The very best I could do was DT Danny Shelton, OT La'el Collins, ILB Denzel Perryman and WR Devin Smith (or Tyler Locket who can double as a ko and punt returner and was also still available at that pick). In real life I do not think I could have gotten those first 3 as a package. WR has a few decent players left as our 4th pick in the 3rd rd. I'd go for that position last because we need 2 run stoppers and a really quality OT, none of which will be available by then.

  • That was fun:

    12: R1P12
    DT DANNY SHELTON
    WASHINGTON
    19: R1P19
    OT LA'EL COLLINS
    LSU
    43: R2P11
    WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
    MISSOURI
    77: R3P13
    C REESE DISMUKES
    AUBURN
    108: R4P12
    DE TREY FLOWERS
    ARKANSAS
    112: R4P16
    DT JOEY MBU
    HOUSTON
    139: R5P11
    WR JAMISON CROWDER
    DUKE
    173: R6P13
    OT TYRUS THOMPSON
    OKLAHOMA
    186: R6P26
    RB MALCOLM BROWN
    TEXAS
    204: R7P12
    OT TAYO FABULUJE
    TCU

    I had to take another problem child in G-B but damn he is so f'n talented. Besides the Browns would not be the Browns without a problem child or 3.

    And God forgive me I actually took a GD Longhorn because the bastard can make that 2 yards when we really need it. He ain't no flea and loves contact head-on He'll play like a Brown.

    Desmukes is a great center and we needed a backup plan if Mack isn't 100%.

    Something on Flowers in case you never heard of him much.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445393/article/arkansas-trey-flowers-performs-55inch-box-jump

    Just for fun I did a second try and the crab leg man was still available. So just for the Browns I took Famous Jameis Winston as our next ex-Browns QB. LOL!

    @texasag1969 said:

    Desmukes is a great center and we needed a backup plan if Mack isn't 100%.

    Just did some film on this guy as I work my way through the O-line prospects. Very promising. I look forward to seeing him at Combine.

    But three OTs, Ag??? 😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Desmukes is a great center and we needed a backup plan if Mack isn't 100%.

    Just did some film on this guy as I work my way through the O-line prospects. Very promising. I look forward to seeing him at Combine.

    But three OTs, Ag??? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Just did some film on this guy as I work my way through the O-line prospects. Very promising. I look forward to seeing him at Combine.

    But three OTs, Ag??? 😉

    Throw shit at a wall and something is bound to stick. All the ILB's worth a damn were gone.

    And Crowder is much like Locket-very underappreciated for what he brings to the table. He'd be a steal in the 5th. He's another who did everything for his team.

    And I get to sign my undrafted Aggie Trey Williams. LOL! 😁

  • Screen_shot_2015_01_31_at_1_30_14_PM.png