Skip to content

Bands that you can't stand

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
164 25 7.2k
  • @the-gipper said:

    The thing is....the 90s must have been a totally chick dominated era. Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Shania Twain.

    You can hardly find a dude on this list.

    http://www.thestreet.com/story/12868834/2/the-10-greatest-bands-of-the-90s.html

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    I guess there may be some good bands in there. I just never got into them. And, a I noted, unlike the 60s/70s/80s those 90s bands didn't dominate the consciousness.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The thing is....the 90s must have been a totally chick dominated era. Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Shania Twain.

    You can hardly find a dude on this list.

    Don't know why you would listen to that shit. Plenty o good stuff.

    Pantera

    White Zombie

    Metallica

    Prong

    Fight

    Nirvana

    The list goes on from grunge to metal.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Don't know why you would listen to that shit. Plenty o good stuff.

    Pantera

    White Zombie

    Metallica

    Prong

    Fight

    Nirvana

    The list goes on from grunge to metal.

    I was/am not a big grunge or metal fan. Just not my cup of tea. I guess I just had other things to deal with as I got older. Had to pay attention to other things, like raising kids, and interests changed. So human nature told me to just stick with what I was familiar with.....the 60s/70s/80s classic stuff.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I guess there may be some good bands in there. I just never got into them. And, a I noted, unlike the 60s/70s/80s those 90s bands didn't dominate the consciousness.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess there may be some good bands in there. I just never got into them. And, a I noted, unlike the 60s/70s/80s those 90s bands didn't dominate the consciousness.

    Pearl Jam is one of the most thoughtful bands in the history of Rock n Roll. Not everyone will agree with their social consciousness but their ability to continually push the envelope socially shouldn't be discounted.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I guess there may be some good bands in there. I just never got into them. And, a I noted, unlike the 60s/70s/80s those 90s bands didn't dominate the consciousness.

    Pearl Jam is one of the most thoughtful bands in the history of Rock n Roll. Not everyone will agree with their social consciousness but their ability to continually push the envelope socially shouldn't be discounted.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    Pearl Jam is one of the most thoughtful bands in the history of Rock n Roll. Not everyone will agree with their social consciousness but their ability to continually push the envelope socially shouldn't be discounted.

    Well, considering the social consciousness held by the Godfather of Grunge, Neil Young, that doesn't surprise me.

  • @baconhound said:

    Pearl Jam is one of the most thoughtful bands in the history of Rock n Roll. Not everyone will agree with their social consciousness but their ability to continually push the envelope socially shouldn't be discounted.

    Well, considering the social consciousness held by the Godfather of Grunge, Neil Young, that doesn't surprise me.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, considering the social consciousness held by the Godfather of Grunge, Neil Young, that doesn't surprise me.

    Love them or not Pearl Jam is most definitely a force in popular music. So is Neil Young. I don't think social Consciousness has much to do with it butt it's always in the mix when music is targeted to young people.

    WSS

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by

    Sugar Puck Daddy

    The V trip

    The Suckers

    Fish finger

    Dime drop 5

    These mother fuckers dont exist but if they did I wouldn't stand them.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    dixie chips - they are nasty sluts.

  • dixie chips - they are nasty sluts.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    dixie chips - they are nasty sluts.

    That's a shock

  • @the-gipper said:

    The thing is....the 90s must have been a totally chick dominated era. Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Shania Twain.

    You can hardly find a dude on this list.

    Don't know why you would listen to that shit. Plenty o good stuff.

    Pantera

    White Zombie

    Metallica

    Prong

    Fight

    Nirvana

    The list goes on from grunge to metal.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Don't know why you would listen to that shit. Plenty o good stuff.

    Pantera

    White Zombie

    Metallica

    Prong

    Fight

    Nirvana

    The list goes on from grunge to metal.

    Alice in Chains.

    Seriously, aside from Walk and Cemetery gates, who the fuck listens to Pantera?

    Also, don't diss Mariah in my presence. She was one of the hottest in the industry ever and easily a lot of 90's boys first crush.

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Don't know why you would listen to that shit. Plenty o good stuff.

    Pantera

    White Zombie

    Metallica

    Prong

    Fight

    Nirvana

    The list goes on from grunge to metal.

    Alice in Chains.

    Seriously, aside from Walk and Cemetery gates, who the fuck listens to Pantera?

    Also, don't diss Mariah in my presence. She was one of the hottest in the industry ever and easily a lot of 90's boys first crush.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Alice in Chains.

    Seriously, aside from Walk and Cemetery gates, who the fuck listens to Pantera?

    Also, don't diss Mariah in my presence. She was one of the hottest in the industry ever and easily a lot of 90's boys first crush.

    I'm a Dimebag Darrel fan. Ya I love all of it. To each his own.