Skip to content

Bands that you can't stand

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
164 25 7.2k
  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I have many, here are a few

    1. Aerosmith. As soon as I hear ANY song by them, I can't get to the radio fast enough to change the station.

    2. Def Leppard. I loved it when the lead singer said they were not a hair band,UMMM, YES YOU WERE, LOSER!!!

    3. Boston. Never got it. I think they had 3 albums? Maybe 4? And every song sounded the same

    4. Bon Jovi. All I can say is YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • I have many, here are a few

    1. Aerosmith. As soon as I hear ANY song by them, I can't get to the radio fast enough to change the station.

    2. Def Leppard. I loved it when the lead singer said they were not a hair band,UMMM, YES YOU WERE, LOSER!!!

    3. Boston. Never got it. I think they had 3 albums? Maybe 4? And every song sounded the same

    4. Bon Jovi. All I can say is YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @browns149 said:

    I have many, here are a few

    1. Aerosmith. As soon as I hear ANY song by them, I can't get to the radio fast enough to change the station.

    2. Def Leppard. I loved it when the lead singer said they were not a hair band,UMMM, YES YOU WERE, LOSER!!!

    3. Boston. Never got it. I think they had 3 albums? Maybe 4? And every song sounded the same

    4. Bon Jovi. All I can say is YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Can't say I "can't stand' any band. That implies I listen to them. If I don't particularly like a band / or their songs, I simply change channels.

    I will say that there are quite a few bands that are popular that I scratch my head about. Just goes to show how subjective this process is.

    For example

    Van Halen (or any "Hair Bands" for that matter. David Lee Roth, however, I liked as a frontman).

    Dave Matthews Band

    Queen

    John Mayer

    Just got the dinner call.............might check back later with others.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Never a huge fan of Korn or many metal bands

  • @browns149 said:

    I have many, here are a few

    1. Aerosmith. As soon as I hear ANY song by them, I can't get to the radio fast enough to change the station.

    2. Def Leppard. I loved it when the lead singer said they were not a hair band,UMMM, YES YOU WERE, LOSER!!!

    3. Boston. Never got it. I think they had 3 albums? Maybe 4? And every song sounded the same

    4. Bon Jovi. All I can say is YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Can't say I "can't stand' any band. That implies I listen to them. If I don't particularly like a band / or their songs, I simply change channels.

    I will say that there are quite a few bands that are popular that I scratch my head about. Just goes to show how subjective this process is.

    For example

    Van Halen (or any "Hair Bands" for that matter. David Lee Roth, however, I liked as a frontman).

    Dave Matthews Band

    Queen

    John Mayer

    Just got the dinner call.............might check back later with others.

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by Chicopee John
    #4

    @chicopee-john said:

    Can't say I "can't stand' any band. That implies I listen to them. If I don't particularly like a band / or their songs, I simply change channels.

    I will say that there are quite a few bands that are popular that I scratch my head about. Just goes to show how subjective this process is.

    For example

    Van Halen (or any "Hair Bands" for that matter. David Lee Roth, however, I liked as a frontman).

    Dave Matthews Band

    Queen

    John Mayer

    Just got the dinner call.............might check back later with others.

    The Ramones (saw them, heard them...............don't get the allure)

    The Clash (saw them too. They were ok but fell well short of The Hype)

    Foo Fighters

    Coldplay

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #5

    I never really got into the Doors or Led Zeppelin or Chuck Berry and ZZ Top. And I think The Grateful Dead suck.

    Can't say as I hate them but those are perennial idols that I don't like.

    No lover of the clash or any of that raw punk music. And I really never saw what was so interesting about Dave Matthews who just seems to ramble on and on and on. An example of somebody I really can't stand, besides rap music or death metal, would be Guns 'N Roses. I fucking hate them.

    Some bands I dislike or just due to one song I didn't like and never went further.

    WSS

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
    #6

    I guess hate would be a strong word, but I do HATE Aerosmith

    The others I listed may not be hate, but I can't listen to them for 1 second

  • Never a huge fan of Korn or many metal bands

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @baconhound said:

    Never a huge fan of Korn or many metal bands

    not a Korn fan either, or any of the metal/rap bands.

  • Never a huge fan of Korn or many metal bands

    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
    #8

    @baconhound said:

    Never a huge fan of Korn or many metal bands

    When I hear "metal," I think of Blind Guardian, Opeth, Iced Earth. Korn is a far cry from any of these bands, they're not at all the same genre, I think Korn's considered numetal.

    Anyways, I can't stand Bruce Springsteen or Nils Lofgren - totally overrated. Clarence Clemons was the most talented person in the E Street Band, RIP.

    I don't get the Grateful Dead. I don't get Fish.

    Nirvana, while talented, changed the direction of rock in the worst way. There's no other way to explain how the world went from loving Pink Floyd in the 80s to loving Beck and Nickelback in the 00s. That said, the utmost respect for Dave Grohl, but I can't stand Kurt Cobain.

    I don't like Chick Corea - maybe his time signatures are just too complex for simple me.

    Fuck Kanye West. He did the same thing to rap that Nirvana did to rock. How did we go from 2pac, biggie, dre, snoop, too $hort, and NWA to Nicki Manaj, LMFAO, and Drake? Plus he's a horrible human being and procreated with that dumb broad in the super bowl ad.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Aerosmith.

    AC dc

    Judas priest

    Black sabbath

    Any metal

    Any country

    Any hip hop

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Yeah I never really considered Korn heavy metal. And I never liked Pink Floyd even though I bought Piper at the Gates of Dawn many years ago. Don't get it.

    WSS

  • @chicopee-john said:

    Can't say I "can't stand' any band. That implies I listen to them. If I don't particularly like a band / or their songs, I simply change channels.

    I will say that there are quite a few bands that are popular that I scratch my head about. Just goes to show how subjective this process is.

    For example

    Van Halen (or any "Hair Bands" for that matter. David Lee Roth, however, I liked as a frontman).

    Dave Matthews Band

    Queen

    John Mayer

    Just got the dinner call.............might check back later with others.

    The Ramones (saw them, heard them...............don't get the allure)

    The Clash (saw them too. They were ok but fell well short of The Hype)

    Foo Fighters

    Coldplay

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @chicopee-john said:

    The Ramones (saw them, heard them...............don't get the allure)

    The Clash (saw them too. They were ok but fell well short of The Hype)

    Foo Fighters

    Coldplay

    Add U2 to the list. Not horrible, mind you, but simply don't get the international acclaim they achieved.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #12

    And if there is an act that exemplifies mediocrity any more than the Steve Miller Band I don't know who it would be.

    I don't particularly hate them it's just that they are the Velveeta cheese of the music world.

    WSS

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Don't really dislike anything. If I don't like a song I don't listen. Most of the bands people list as disliking on here, I like.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Bands that get put together on 'talent' shows I tend to dislike. Bands whose sole purpose is selling records, not making music.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Loverboy.....its not that I hate the band, I just hate their head bands.......wasn't that what you were asking for?

    Loverboy-band-1981.jpg

  • Bands that get put together on 'talent' shows I tend to dislike. Bands whose sole purpose is selling records, not making music.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #16

    @gftchris said:

    Bands that get put together on 'talent' shows I tend to dislike. Bands whose sole purpose is selling records, not making music.

    I'd say that even the bands that pretend not to, still want to sell a shitload of records and often times that independent attitude is part of the marketing strategy.

    WSS

  • @gftchris said:

    Bands that get put together on 'talent' shows I tend to dislike. Bands whose sole purpose is selling records, not making music.

    I'd say that even the bands that pretend not to, still want to sell a shitload of records and often times that independent attitude is part of the marketing strategy.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @westside-steve said:

    I'd say that even the bands that pretend not to, still want to sell a shitload of records and often times that independent attitude is part of the marketing strategy.

    WSS

    But that sort of thing would include The Monkees, and I like The Monkees.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I'd say that even the bands that pretend not to, still want to sell a shitload of records and often times that independent attitude is part of the marketing strategy.

    WSS

    But that sort of thing would include The Monkees, and I like The Monkees.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    But that sort of thing would include The Monkees, and I like The Monkees.

    No that's what Chris was referring to not me. I'm saying that part of every avant-garde independent living for the music artist is a promotion team trying to sell that attitude. I like the monkees. The monkees are singers singing songs with studio musicians playing the instruments. Look up the Wrecking Crew and see just how many of our favorite bands sang while they played.

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #19
  • @the-gipper said:

    But that sort of thing would include The Monkees, and I like The Monkees.

    No that's what Chris was referring to not me. I'm saying that part of every avant-garde independent living for the music artist is a promotion team trying to sell that attitude. I like the monkees. The monkees are singers singing songs with studio musicians playing the instruments. Look up the Wrecking Crew and see just how many of our favorite bands sang while they played.

    WSS

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @westside-steve said:

    No that's what Chris was referring to not me. I'm saying that part of every avant-garde independent living for the music artist is a promotion team trying to sell that attitude. I like the monkees. The monkees are singers singing songs with studio musicians playing the instruments. Look up the Wrecking Crew and see just how many of our favorite bands sang while they played.

    WSS

    Monkeys should be in the HOF, IMHO. TV Show, hit songs, etc.

    What gives?