Skip to content

Dysfunction

Locked The Browns Board
164 41 6.1k
  • You don't really know the full story but you just try to read up as much as you can, read between the lines sometimes and go with your gut feeling. My gut feeling is Haslam is an owner who wants to win. I don't think he bought the club for any other reason than to win football games. He may want to win too much and may be too much of a hands on owner?. He is committed to this team and his fronting millions of dollars for stadium improvements shows that to me. He recently took a 3 day retreat with Farmer and Pettine to discuss strategy going forward. My gut feeling is he wants to win in Cleveland.

    I believe we have a great coach with Pettine. You could tell the veteran players were buying into his philosophy with the exception of only a few holdouts. I am expecting him to continue to build on the foundation he is laying. All I know about Farmer is from what I read from people whom I respect and they have confidence he is a good GM and I go with that.

    This was their first year and their first draft. They exceeded expectations in their first year. All the problems that are being magnified right now will go away and be cured with a winning season. That is the cure all.

  • Disfunction is the correct word to use. Sure winning cures all but do you really see the 2015 browns building on any success they had in 2014? Hell they couldnt get out of their own way and build success in the 2nd half of 2014 after having success in the first half and it starts at the top.

  • I am so sick of people piling on way over the top on the Browns. Yeah there have been some bad things that have gone on but people are taking this to the extreme. It's no where near as bad as people are making it out to be and some of these reporters are just turning up every stone to try and find bad news instead of reporting with a level head. We went 7-9 last year people. Chill out!

    @reginabrownsfan said:

    I am so sick of people piling on way over the top on the Browns. Yeah there have been some bad things that have gone on but people are taking this to the extreme. It's no where near as bad as people are making it out to be and some of these reporters are just turning up every stone to try and find bad news instead of reporting with a level head. We went 7-9 last year people. Chill out!

    Yep I have been part of a heartbroken fanbase just as much as anyone no less. I have never felt as down about my football team as i do now. Not because what the media is saying, but more of what ive seen with my own two eyes.

  • I saw the Browns do well in the beginning of the year on offense when they had their running game going. Hoyer was a good enough quarterback with a running game. When Mack went down it seemed like so did our running game and we nose dived.

  • Since we have three "The Sky is Falling" threads, I am going to merge two of them, hope the OPs don't mind.

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    Nobody cares what you have been trying to get across....or have tried to share. You have a total of 5 posts on this forum. Come back when you have over 20,000. Then maybe we will listen to you.

    Good to know I only have around 9800 more posts until people start to listen to what I have to say.

    I do agree the guy sounds like a dick.

    @ballpeen said:

    Good to know I only have around 9800 more posts until people start to listen to what I have to say.

    I do agree the guy sounds like a dick.

    ]
  • @josephsuxdick said:

    Ah yes, the sky once again is blue, the sun once again rises in the east, and everything again is a complete clusterfuck in Cleveburg. Now I won't mention certain (Zombo) participants here (Zombo) who so gleefully ragged on Steeler fans for supposedly being "so over and finished and living in the past" this season, but, then again, perhaps I will.

    Anyway, enjoy, as I repair to my life in the past, where I am living as a fan of the uh... reigning division champs.

    Wonder if Johnny Football's up for going out for a couple o' beers? Feelin' kind of thirsty here.

    Anyway, enjoy your evening.

    Your pal,

    Joe

    You and your ilk, plus national commentators are just a bunch of fucking Chicken Littles. You think the sky is falling. You think that these event are the precursor to the arrival of the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs.

    Fuck no. This is just a little rain, just a little snow, a little sleet.

    Johnny and Gordon weren't going to be all that productive anyway. No one was counting on them in the future.

    If Farmer gets a big fine or is suspended.....who the fuck cares. He is still going to make the FA and draft decisions. What the fuck do we care if he makes 2.5 million or 25,000. His money is irrelevent to us.

    Losing a draft pick is the ONLY thing that matters. But if that happens, it may not be that big a deal. The Browns have 10 picks this year. What round are they going to lose this pick in? And even if it is a first rounder.....can losing one of those be any worse than drafting Brandon Weeden/Trent Richardson/John Paul Manziel....or some of the other guys we have drafted in the past.

    So, go hide in a cave Chicken Little waiting to be roasted.

    The rest of us will just unfurl our umbrellas and will be fine.

  • Yeah...who the fuck cares? To quote Sam Rutigliano..."There are 600 million people in China who don't even know about this crap."

  • @itoldyouso said:

    http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25038103/browns-mess-with-gordon-manziel-starts-with-owner-haslams-mismanagement

    Basically spot on with all the problems I have been trying to get across this forum... Sadly that information I have tried to share in the past was met by trolling dirtbags. Now everything g is out there so you can't troll me b.c everyone is saying g what I have been saying.

    FYI- your source HATES the Browns. It's been documented on other forums. Nope- you're one of the biggest negative Nancys noobs we've seen. That stuff may be true- or it may not. NONE of it is on the record- and you can bet big bucks Can't-for-ya picked and chose which anonymous sources would paint the Browns in the worst possible light.

    "It's LaCanfora...has he ever said anything positive about the Browns since his boy Lomtardi got shit canned? Has he ever said anything to put Lomtardi in a negative light, ever?

    Hell no! He's the b'more guy with an agenda, egged on by an incompetent Lomtardi who's bitter 'cause he knows he's inept.

    Even if the Browns had constructive arguments about players it would be construed as chaos." quote- the 'Tard.

    PS Zombo is currently on high fraud troll alert- and I'll tell you that guy.

    @browns149 said:

    Isn't the guy who wrote this, a friend of Lombardi?

    Bingo!!!! And pissed his friend got fired. Lombardi does a nice job- to steal one of Ghoolie's lines- "fetching coffee for Bill".

    Shanahan best OC available? So good he got fired in Washington?

    @hoorta said:

    FYI- your source HATES the Browns. It's been documented on other forums. Nope- you're one of the biggest negative Nancys noobs we've seen. That stuff may be true- or it may not. NONE of it is on the record- and you can bet big bucks Can't-for-ya picked and chose which anonymous sources would paint the Browns in the worst possible light.

    "It's LaCanfora...has he ever said anything positive about the Browns since his boy Lomtardi got shit canned? Has he ever said anything to put Lomtardi in a negative light, ever?

    Hell no! He's the b'more guy with an agenda, egged on by an incompetent Lomtardi who's bitter 'cause he knows he's inept.

    Even if the Browns had constructive arguments about players it would be construed as chaos." quote- the 'Tard.

    PS Zombo is currently on high fraud troll alert- and I'll tell you that guy.

    Bingo!!!! And pissed his friend got fired. Lombardi does a nice job- to steal one of Ghoolie's lines- "fetching coffee for Bill".

    Shanahan best OC available? So good he got fired in Washington?

    I didn't realize that he was a Lombardi sychophant. No wonder.

    And as far as I am concerned, we are better off going into the future without Shanahan.

    I mean, he is the fucking Jeb Bush of football.....just going off his family name.

  • Yeah...who the fuck cares? To quote Sam Rutigliano..."There are 600 million people in China who don't even know about this crap."

    @lodilobo said:

    Yeah...who the fuck cares? To quote Sam Rutigliano..."There are 600 million people in China who don't even know about this crap."

    Update that to about 1.4 billion.

    http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/china-population/

  • I don't see what the big deal is, either the Browns will improve or they won't.

    Reporters will spew dogshit all the while either way.

    P.S. It's February.

  • I'm starting to realize that Johnny football is the most competent out of the bunch simply just by asking for help. Mike Pettine needs to resign he stands a better chance leaving now going to be drug through the mud with absolutely nothing resembling a professional roster.

    @cdl15 said:

    I'm starting to realize that Johnny football is the most competent out of the bunch simply just by asking for help. Mike Pettine needs to resign he stands a better chance leaving now going to be drug through the mud with absolutely nothing resembling a professional roster.

    Get back to us when you've thought it through...

    @lodilobo said:

    ... story out about the 32 reasons that Shanahan wanted out of his contract. I'm sure you can find the details without me posting a link.

    No... if you have a link to the actual list, then you need to post it. When I google "Shanahan 32 reasons" I get plenty of hits, but they all are to articles that refer to the article by LaCanfora.

  • @cdl15 said:

    I'm starting to realize that Johnny football is the most competent out of the bunch simply just by asking for help. Mike Pettine needs to resign he stands a better chance leaving now going to be drug through the mud with absolutely nothing resembling a professional roster.

    Get back to us when you've thought it through...

    @lodilobo said:

    ... story out about the 32 reasons that Shanahan wanted out of his contract. I'm sure you can find the details without me posting a link.

    No... if you have a link to the actual list, then you need to post it. When I google "Shanahan 32 reasons" I get plenty of hits, but they all are to articles that refer to the article by LaCanfora.

    @tour2ma said:

    Get back to us when you've thought it through...

    No... if you have a link to the actual list, then you need to post it. When I google "Shanahan 32 reasons" I get plenty of hits, but they all are to articles that refer to the article by LaCanfora.

    1 reason.....because the guy that gobbles his knob got fired?

  • @cdl15 said:

    I'm starting to realize that Johnny football is the most competent out of the bunch simply just by asking for help. Mike Pettine needs to resign he stands a better chance leaving now going to be drug through the mud with absolutely nothing resembling a professional roster.

    Get back to us when you've thought it through...

    @lodilobo said:

    ... story out about the 32 reasons that Shanahan wanted out of his contract. I'm sure you can find the details without me posting a link.

    No... if you have a link to the actual list, then you need to post it. When I google "Shanahan 32 reasons" I get plenty of hits, but they all are to articles that refer to the article by LaCanfora.

    @tour2ma said:

    Get back to us when you've thought it through...

    No... if you have a link to the actual list, then you need to post it. When I google "Shanahan 32 reasons" I get plenty of hits, but they all are to articles that refer to the article by LaCanfora.

    I believe the list given to JH by KS was "32 reasons I couldn't run an affective offense after one player went down".
  • I've been taking all this texting crap in, but really not taking it seriously. However, with the stories that are surfacing from the Browns front office, now....well...I'm going to puke. "The fan"....92.3, which I listen to, but can't stand Chuck Booms ( idiot ) is discussing a story out about the 32 reasons that Shanahan wanted out of his contract. I'm sure you can find the details without me posting a link. The picture I'm getting is that Haslam is the problem here. My interpretation is that he was responsible for the drafting of Manziel. I don't have that much of a problem with that....I mean...he paid a billion dollars, so I guess he should have some say in the draft. Here's the real problem: He wanted Manziel for the money that would be generated from the Johnny Footbal hype. If he was telling Farmer to text plays to the coaches you have to put this scenario together. He didn't care about wins and losses, or if the team succeeds. I was a Hoyer fan, but I'm not stupid or naive. I knew that he wasn't Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Even so...I had to wonder how a QB that is doing pretty well, and the rest of the team is responding to, could become so putrid almost over night. Is it possible that Haslam was sabotaging Hoyer to get Manziel in there, knowing that Manziel was going to suck, anyway? If this is rthe case, now what? This may be just the tip of the icegerg. It's beyond embarrassing. Please....tell me I'm full of crap, and this is not possible.

    @lodilobo said:

    I've been taking all this texting crap in, but really not taking it seriously. However, with the stories that are surfacing from the Browns front office, now....well...I'm going to puke. "The fan"....92.3, which I listen to, but can't stand Chuck Booms ( idiot ) is discussing a story out about the 32 reasons that Shanahan wanted out of his contract. I'm sure you can find the details without me posting a link. The picture I'm getting is that Haslam is the problem here. My interpretation is that he was responsible for the drafting of Manziel. I don't have that much of a problem with that....I mean...he paid a billion dollars, so I guess he should have some say in the draft. Here's the real problem: He wanted Manziel for the money that would be generated from the Johnny Footbal hype. If he was telling Farmer to text plays to the coaches you have to put this scenario together. He didn't care about wins and losses, or if the team succeeds. I was a Hoyer fan, but I'm not stupid or naive. I knew that he wasn't Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Even so...I had to wonder how a QB that is doing pretty well, and the rest of the team is responding to, could become so putrid almost over night. Is it possible that Haslam was sabotaging Hoyer to get Manziel in there, knowing that Manziel was going to suck, anyway? If this is rthe case, now what? This may be just the tip of the icegerg. It's beyond embarrassing. Please....tell me I'm full of crap, and this is not possible.

    I'm fairly certain that all teams except the cowboys are sharing revenues. Not sure if thats just merchandise. But the browns haven't had an issue of selling out tickets.

  • @reginabrownsfan said:

    I am so sick of people piling on way over the top on the Browns. Yeah there have been some bad things that have gone on but people are taking this to the extreme. It's no where near as bad as people are making it out to be and some of these reporters are just turning up every stone to try and find bad news instead of reporting with a level head. We went 7-9 last year people. Chill out!

    Yep I have been part of a heartbroken fanbase just as much as anyone no less. I have never felt as down about my football team as i do now. Not because what the media is saying, but more of what ive seen with my own two eyes.

    @cdl15 said:

    Yep I have been part of a heartbroken fanbase just as much as anyone no less. I have never felt as down about my football team as i do now. Not because what the media is saying, but more of what ive seen with my own two eyes.

    The worst part for me as a Browns fan were the years in the 90's when we didn't have a team. Some Browns fans I knew kind of went with the Packers in those years. I tried pulling for the Raiders but it never worked.

  • I'm going to wait till I have all the info about this, or as much as we are allowed to have, instead of the typical knee-jerk reaction.

    But as I see it now Jimmy H. has some explaining to do. Also I feel that there are 2 cancers in the browns Organization one was Kyle given what I've read about him in his past jobs and the second is alec scheiner the browns president. Oh and Perfect time to raise ticket prices by the way.

  • The Browns need to cut ties with there owner Jimmy Haslem. Too much of a jerry jones type and won't help us win. No way for a good future withe the dissarray he puts us through. He's changing the uniforms, which at first I thought "great idea" but then i found out he's changing the helmets that have more history then he's been alive. The "New Look" Browns won't win with him in charge. You put a Steeler owner in charge of the Browns and this is what you get. He's wanting to move up to get Mariota, which not too bad of an idea, but being involved in play calls and everything else too and then firing the staff when the changes you make don't work out. He's pointing blame on everybody but himself, but won't give the time and needed adjustments to let the coach and GM do there job. Pettine and Farmer are basically being told what to do and if they don't do it they'll be fired and new people will be brought in and it will always be that way year in and year out till Haslem steps down. As a Browns fan, I hope that he will end up stepping down soon. We need the craziness to go away. This year the Browns could really make the turnaround, with all the draft picks and free agents out there I was really looking forward to the turnaround. With all this speculation about Haslem though, Get rid of him now!! If not, this season will set us back so far we may not be able to get back from it.

  • Too bad the NFL doesn't let the public own the teams anymore.

  • And free season tickets for all of us...don't forget the free season tickets.