Skip to content

Dysfunction

Locked The Browns Board
164 41 6.1k
  • @miktoxic said:

    there are some people here that don't even belong here.

    if you were in my house and started talking shit about how you didn't like the way the wood meets the tile i'd bounce you out the security door in the fucking blizzard.

    GTFO and go root for the cowboys bitches.

    Waaaaaa!!! Waaaaaa!! that's all i hear when you type whinytoxic. I thought you were ignoring me? A whiner and a liar. Your a 2 for 1 guy YA!!

    cbbacker said:

    Waaaaaa!!! Waaaaaa!! that's all i hear when you type whinytoxic. I thought you were ignoring me? A whiner and a liar. Your a 2 for 1 guy YA!!

    Good god man get a clue. That was a generalization, if you can comprehend a word with more than ten letters. ALL of you 'sky is falling' idiots are getting old
  • The sky is falling..hysteria..whatever you want to call it's just an over reaction. When a team has been down like the Browns have been for too many years to me there is just an implosion of not good fault finding, blaming, scape goating, ...all of it bad, it does nothing to improve the situation. I am all for examination of the team from the top down to improve but do it the right way.

    Identify the mistakes and errors and go about fixing them without self destructing. And they did do some good things this season that can be built into next season. I am grateful for our HC. Right now he is the stabilizing type solid person we need as coach.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If you take out everything that "sources say"...all you Have is that Shanahan quit, Gordon is suspended and Manziel is in rehab.

    This is all speculative shock journalistic garbage. Here's a good rule of thumb: "sources say" means absolutely nothing.

    Multiple team sources have told me that Johnny threw a 90 yard TD pass to Brian Hoyer yesterday at rehab and that Jimmy Haslam is a gay robot.

    Why do you even post? That has to be the dumbest thing ever spoken in what 10,000 years of spoken language. Yep your right, the thousands of stories that use "sources say" that turn out 100% right are clearly wrong because you said so. Good one. Wow some real tools on this bored. Maybe they are sources because they don't want to be named? If a journalist is going to throw his "sources" under the bus each time they say something, they will stop saying stuff. What the hell is wrong with you?

    cbbacker said:

    Why do you even post? That has to be the dumbest thing ever spoken in what 10,000 years of spoken language. Yep your right, the thousands of stories that use "sources say" that turn out 100% right are clearly wrong because you said so. Good one. Wow some real tools on this bored. Maybe they are sources because they don't want to be named? If a journalist is going to throw his "sources" under the bus each time they say something, they will stop saying stuff. What the hell is wrong with you?

    There is a difference between saying something is wrong and questioning it's credibility. What of the articles that use "sources say" and end up being bullshit? Are they clearly right because YOU say so?

    Sources say you're a borderline Retarded internet troll who must shout moistly any dumb sentence you manage to piece together.

  • cbbacker said:

    Why do you even post? That has to be the dumbest thing ever spoken in what 10,000 years of spoken language. Yep your right, the thousands of stories that use "sources say" that turn out 100% right are clearly wrong because you said so. Good one. Wow some real tools on this bored. Maybe they are sources because they don't want to be named? If a journalist is going to throw his "sources" under the bus each time they say something, they will stop saying stuff. What the hell is wrong with you?

    There is a difference between saying something is wrong and questioning it's credibility. What of the articles that use "sources say" and end up being bullshit? Are they clearly right because YOU say so?

    Sources say you're a borderline Retarded internet troll who must shout moistly any dumb sentence you manage to piece together.

    @roycerolls said:

    There is a difference between saying something is wrong and questioning it's credibility. What of the articles that use "sources say" and end up being bullshit? Are they clearly right because YOU say so?

    Sources say you're a borderline Retarded internet troll who must shout moistly any dumb sentence you manage to piece together.

    I figured I would be nice to you since you at least attempted to talk about the actual topic unlike a lot of the fools here, at least till your last line. Show me where I said that all "sources" are accurate. You can't; because, I didn't say that. I questioned some forum troll that has nothing better to do than sit at home posting on a board, and calling people names, and trying to discredit actual journalists who know more about football then they do, and actually does have insiders that also know much more of what's going on then he does. I didn't say La Canfora was right did I? I said that only the dumbest of fools would actually just say "yeah he is a liar, and so are any other journalist who use the "sources say".

    No where in my post did i agree, or disagree with anything La Canfora said. I just pointed out the completely ignorant, and foolish thing that was said about general journalists that is a clear bold faced lie. Why are you hating on me? Do you guys just hate people who point out the truth? They are sources for a reason. Journalists go to jail protecting them. That's why i pointed out he is the dumbest person on earth in the last 10,000 years if he really believes that. That doesn't mean every source is right, but I bet a significant amount more are, and some fool in a forum denouncing all journalists likely isn't someone who actually knows.

  • cbbacker said:

    Why do you even post? That has to be the dumbest thing ever spoken in what 10,000 years of spoken language. Yep your right, the thousands of stories that use "sources say" that turn out 100% right are clearly wrong because you said so. Good one. Wow some real tools on this bored. Maybe they are sources because they don't want to be named? If a journalist is going to throw his "sources" under the bus each time they say something, they will stop saying stuff. What the hell is wrong with you?

    Awww.

    Somebody's pussy hurts because they can't hang with the big boys.

    It's okay, buddy. One day, maybe.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Awww.

    Somebody's pussy hurts because they can't hang with the big boys.

    It's okay, buddy. One day, maybe.

    Said the guy who is so dumb, that he thinks all reporters are liars. It's amazing how any stories ever get broken since they do nothing but lie. I mean seriously, the Ferguson stuff was all a lie, as tons was reported by "sources", funny how bountygate, spygate, deflategate, and now textgate have all been broken by "sources". Funny how NFL sources alerted people to the suspension of Gordon.

    My pussy may hurt a bit, but at least I am not a bitch like you. You are not only a bitch, you are also a liar. Your parents should be ashamed they birthed a liar such as you. You tarnish their good name. Actually they were likely horrible parents, I mean look they raised a liar. I would rather raise a thief, at least there is a chance he is stealing for a good reason. There isn't a good reason to lie, it's just cowardly. I will just put you on ignore now, that way I can talk football with those who want to talk football. I hope you are a better parent then yours were.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If you take out everything that "sources say"...all you Have is that Shanahan quit, Gordon is suspended and Manziel is in rehab.

    This is all speculative shock journalistic garbage. Here's a good rule of thumb: "sources say" means absolutely nothing.

    Multiple team sources have told me that Johnny threw a 90 yard TD pass to Brian Hoyer yesterday at rehab and that Jimmy Haslam is a gay robot.

    Why do you even post? That has to be the dumbest thing ever spoken in what 10,000 years of spoken language. Yep your right, the thousands of stories that use "sources say" that turn out 100% right are clearly wrong because you said so. Good one. Wow some real tools on this bored. Maybe they are sources because they don't want to be named? If a journalist is going to throw his "sources" under the bus each time they say something, they will stop saying stuff. What the hell is wrong with you?

    cbbacker said:

    Why do you even post? That has to be the dumbest thing ever spoken in what 10,000 years of spoken language. Yep your right, the thousands of stories that use "sources say" that turn out 100% right are clearly wrong because you said so. Good one. Wow some real tools on this bored. Maybe they are sources because they don't want to be named? If a journalist is going to throw his "sources" under the bus each time they say something, they will stop saying stuff. What the hell is wrong with you?

    So, like I have asked others albeit unsuccessfully, give me a list of five bad Johnny stories that you know are factual.

    5 (not dozens, not hundreds not thousands)

    WSS

  • cbbacker said:

    Why do you even post? That has to be the dumbest thing ever spoken in what 10,000 years of spoken language. Yep your right, the thousands of stories that use "sources say" that turn out 100% right are clearly wrong because you said so. Good one. Wow some real tools on this bored. Maybe they are sources because they don't want to be named? If a journalist is going to throw his "sources" under the bus each time they say something, they will stop saying stuff. What the hell is wrong with you?

    So, like I have asked others albeit unsuccessfully, give me a list of five bad Johnny stories that you know are factual.

    5 (not dozens, not hundreds not thousands)

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So, like I have asked others albeit unsuccessfully, give me a list of five bad Johnny stories that you know are factual.

    5 (not dozens, not hundreds not thousands)

    WSS

    Sorry bud, I didn't dog Johnny football. Are you asking me to give you 5 examples of how the media broke stories on Johnny that were true? Or maybe stories that were supplied by sources that were true? If you clarify for me, I will gladly try i guess. Have to work tomorrow though, so likely won't get my response to late, but will try after you clarify. But I wasn't dogging Johnny. Was just pointing out how someone blindly claimed all journalists are liars, and they never have sources for their articles.

  • @westside-steve said:

    So, like I have asked others albeit unsuccessfully, give me a list of five bad Johnny stories that you know are factual.

    5 (not dozens, not hundreds not thousands)

    WSS

    Sorry bud, I didn't dog Johnny football. Are you asking me to give you 5 examples of how the media broke stories on Johnny that were true? Or maybe stories that were supplied by sources that were true? If you clarify for me, I will gladly try i guess. Have to work tomorrow though, so likely won't get my response to late, but will try after you clarify. But I wasn't dogging Johnny. Was just pointing out how someone blindly claimed all journalists are liars, and they never have sources for their articles.

    cbbacker said:

    Sorry bud, I didn't dog Johnny football. Are you asking me to give you 5 examples of how the media broke stories on Johnny that were true? Or maybe stories that were supplied by sources that were true? If you clarify for me, I will gladly try i guess. Have to work tomorrow though, so likely won't get my response to late, but will try after you clarify. But I wasn't dogging Johnny. Was just pointing out how someone blindly claimed all journalists are liars, and they never have sources for their articles.

    don't know who the f you think you are nor do i care. think your a poser trying to troll for addition posting scores.

    obviously you don't like the browns but yet you're here to gripe about them. do us a a favor and just go back to sweeping rat turds for a living behind the Manhole during 'ladies' nite. you friggin cooooont.

    should i love 'em or hate 'em?

  • The regulars on this board have to understand reality.

    The Browns DID move to Baltimore. That is the fact.

    The current Browns are, and have been for a long time, dysfunctional. They are not a winning organization. They are considered the bottom of the league.

    We are not the quality of the Bengals, Ravens or Steelers.

    All this can change, but today the Browns are losers, and unsuccessful.

    When we beat the Bengals and the Steelers the smack talk was incredible, but as usual the better organizations won in the end.

    We can complain. say we are great, say people are lying, claim to be better than the other teams in our division, declare we make the right draft moves, claim to be better than our record, say the Browns never moved, say the other teams suck.... but in the end, there is reality. FACE IT.

  • Who is this "we" you speak of?

    WSS

  • The regulars on this board have to understand reality.

    The Browns DID move to Baltimore. That is the fact.

    The current Browns are, and have been for a long time, dysfunctional. They are not a winning organization. They are considered the bottom of the league.

    We are not the quality of the Bengals, Ravens or Steelers.

    All this can change, but today the Browns are losers, and unsuccessful.

    When we beat the Bengals and the Steelers the smack talk was incredible, but as usual the better organizations won in the end.

    We can complain. say we are great, say people are lying, claim to be better than the other teams in our division, declare we make the right draft moves, claim to be better than our record, say the Browns never moved, say the other teams suck.... but in the end, there is reality. FACE IT.

    The Soldier said:

    The regulars on this board have to understand reality.

    The Browns DID move to Baltimore. That is the fact.

    The current Browns are, and have been for a long time, dysfunctional. They are not a winning organization. They are considered the bottom of the league.

    We are not the quality of the Bengals, Ravens or Steelers.

    All this can change, but today the Browns are losers, and unsuccessful.

    When we beat the Bengals and the Steelers the smack talk was incredible, but as usual the better organizations won in the end.

    We can complain. say we are great, say people are lying, claim to be better than the other teams in our division, declare we make the right draft moves, claim to be better than our record, say the Browns never moved, say the other teams suck.... but in the end, there is reality. FACE IT.

    One of my main reasons I am holding out hope for the Browns is Pettine. We got a gem when we hired him. One of the teams you quoted was the Bengals as being a better team/organization than the Browns. I remember not that long ago when for a dozen years the Bengals were even worse than the Browns record wise with an owner who seemed to keep coaches with losing records to save a buck from buying out their contracts. The talk on sports was who would want to come and coach the Bengals? Then they finally hired a good coach Marvin Lewis. He made an immediate impact and the Bengals went 8-8 the first year,8-8 the second and the play offs his third year. I am banking on we have finally gotten that right coach. Say what you will about Marvin Lewis play off record but his team makes the play offs on a consistent basis.

    Pettine exceeded expectations in his first year. I believe he will build on that going into next season.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Awww.

    Somebody's pussy hurts because they can't hang with the big boys.

    It's okay, buddy. One day, maybe.

    Said the guy who is so dumb, that he thinks all reporters are liars. It's amazing how any stories ever get broken since they do nothing but lie. I mean seriously, the Ferguson stuff was all a lie, as tons was reported by "sources", funny how bountygate, spygate, deflategate, and now textgate have all been broken by "sources". Funny how NFL sources alerted people to the suspension of Gordon.

    My pussy may hurt a bit, but at least I am not a bitch like you. You are not only a bitch, you are also a liar. Your parents should be ashamed they birthed a liar such as you. You tarnish their good name. Actually they were likely horrible parents, I mean look they raised a liar. I would rather raise a thief, at least there is a chance he is stealing for a good reason. There isn't a good reason to lie, it's just cowardly. I will just put you on ignore now, that way I can talk football with those who want to talk football. I hope you are a better parent then yours were.

    cbbacker said:

    Said the guy who is so dumb, that he thinks all reporters are liars. It's amazing how any stories ever get broken since they do nothing but lie. I mean seriously, the Ferguson stuff was all a lie, as tons was reported by "sources", funny how bountygate, spygate, deflategate, and now textgate have all been broken by "sources". Funny how NFL sources alerted people to the suspension of Gordon.

    My pussy may hurt a bit, but at least I am not a bitch like you. You are not only a bitch, you are also a liar. Your parents should be ashamed they birthed a liar such as you. You tarnish their good name. Actually they were likely horrible parents, I mean look they raised a liar. I would rather raise a thief, at least there is a chance he is stealing for a good reason. There isn't a good reason to lie, it's just cowardly. I will just put you on ignore now, that way I can talk football with those who want to talk football. I hope you are a better parent then yours were.

    Awwww. So sad.

  • @westside-steve said:

    So, like I have asked others albeit unsuccessfully, give me a list of five bad Johnny stories that you know are factual.

    5 (not dozens, not hundreds not thousands)

    WSS

    Sorry bud, I didn't dog Johnny football. Are you asking me to give you 5 examples of how the media broke stories on Johnny that were true? Or maybe stories that were supplied by sources that were true? If you clarify for me, I will gladly try i guess. Have to work tomorrow though, so likely won't get my response to late, but will try after you clarify. But I wasn't dogging Johnny. Was just pointing out how someone blindly claimed all journalists are liars, and they never have sources for their articles.

    cbbacker said:

    Sorry bud, I didn't dog Johnny football. Are you asking me to give you 5 examples of how the media broke stories on Johnny that were true? Or maybe stories that were supplied by sources that were true? If you clarify for me, I will gladly try i guess. Have to work tomorrow though, so likely won't get my response to late, but will try after you clarify. But I wasn't dogging Johnny. Was just pointing out how someone blindly claimed all journalists are liars, and they never have sources for their articles.

    Sorry if I misjudged you. The request to list five egregious actions is for the Johnny haters. As to reporters I don't think they are necessarily liars but the great portion of stories we hear is speculation from sources we know nothing about. It could be anybody. Maybe a disgruntled player or employee or the guy that delivers food to Berea. They may have some credibility but we've heard all sorts of stories as the seasons going on and then heard the complete opposite. There are people in the lowest levels of the organization that probably feel empowered by speaking to a reporter. I'm just recommending the proverbial grain of salt.

    It's the natural by product when you have a ravenous fanbase and no real news to report. You have to take rumors, speculation and innuendo and try to build news stories.

    WSS

  • cbbacker said:

    Sorry bud, I didn't dog Johnny football. Are you asking me to give you 5 examples of how the media broke stories on Johnny that were true? Or maybe stories that were supplied by sources that were true? If you clarify for me, I will gladly try i guess. Have to work tomorrow though, so likely won't get my response to late, but will try after you clarify. But I wasn't dogging Johnny. Was just pointing out how someone blindly claimed all journalists are liars, and they never have sources for their articles.

    Sorry if I misjudged you. The request to list five egregious actions is for the Johnny haters. As to reporters I don't think they are necessarily liars but the great portion of stories we hear is speculation from sources we know nothing about. It could be anybody. Maybe a disgruntled player or employee or the guy that delivers food to Berea. They may have some credibility but we've heard all sorts of stories as the seasons going on and then heard the complete opposite. There are people in the lowest levels of the organization that probably feel empowered by speaking to a reporter. I'm just recommending the proverbial grain of salt.

    It's the natural by product when you have a ravenous fanbase and no real news to report. You have to take rumors, speculation and innuendo and try to build news stories.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Sorry if I misjudged you. The request to list five egregious actions is for the Johnny haters. As to reporters I don't think they are necessarily liars but the great portion of stories we hear is speculation from sources we know nothing about. It could be anybody. Maybe a disgruntled player or employee or the guy that delivers food to Berea. They may have some credibility but we've heard all sorts of stories as the seasons going on and then heard the complete opposite. There are people in the lowest levels of the organization that probably feel empowered by speaking to a reporter. I'm just recommending the proverbial grain of salt.

    WSS

    I am not a JM hater but I just don't believe his college skills translate well into the NFL. I agree about taking with a grain of salt anonymous sources. I prefer to hear from those who will go on the record to speak out.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Sorry if I misjudged you. The request to list five egregious actions is for the Johnny haters. As to reporters I don't think they are necessarily liars but the great portion of stories we hear is speculation from sources we know nothing about. It could be anybody. Maybe a disgruntled player or employee or the guy that delivers food to Berea. They may have some credibility but we've heard all sorts of stories as the seasons going on and then heard the complete opposite. There are people in the lowest levels of the organization that probably feel empowered by speaking to a reporter. I'm just recommending the proverbial grain of salt.

    WSS

    I am not a JM hater but I just don't believe his college skills translate well into the NFL. I agree about taking with a grain of salt anonymous sources. I prefer to hear from those who will go on the record to speak out.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I am not a JM hater but I just don't believe his college skills translate well into the NFL. I agree about taking with a grain of salt anonymous sources. I prefer to hear from those who will go on the record to speak out.

    Well you could be right. There are probably more than 100 successful college quarterbacks (among the cream of the crop from high school) of which a very few will be drafted or signed by a professional team. And a tiny fraction of those will go on to be long term starters let alone championve So the smart money on any quarterback is the under.

    WSS

  • to my previous post there were 14 quarterbacks drafted in 2014 and that doesn't count UFA.

    WSS

  • @cdl15 said:

    Yep I have been part of a heartbroken fanbase just as much as anyone no less. I have never felt as down about my football team as i do now. Not because what the media is saying, but more of what ive seen with my own two eyes.

    The worst part for me as a Browns fan were the years in the 90's when we didn't have a team. Some Browns fans I knew kind of went with the Packers in those years. I tried pulling for the Raiders but it never worked.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    The worst part for me as a Browns fan were the years in the 90's when we didn't have a team. Some Browns fans I knew kind of went with the Packers in those years. I tried pulling for the Raiders but it never worked.

    It helped a little that I had a spare team from my adopted hometown in my back pocket...

    Of course that team had to be the Houston Oilers...

    "If it weren't for bad luck

    I'd have no luck at all..."

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    The worst part for me as a Browns fan were the years in the 90's when we didn't have a team. Some Browns fans I knew kind of went with the Packers in those years. I tried pulling for the Raiders but it never worked.

    It helped a little that I had a spare team from my adopted hometown in my back pocket...

    Of course that team had to be the Houston Oilers...

    "If it weren't for bad luck

    I'd have no luck at all..."

    @tour2ma said:

    It helped a little that I had a spare team from my adopted hometown in my back pocket...

    Of course that team had to be the Houston Oiloers...

    "If it weren't for bad luck

    I'd have no luck at all..."

    When they were the Tennessee Oilers for a few years I thought was kind of odd. An oil rig logo fit Texas but no so much Tennessee. Seemed like they would have changed the team name right from the start.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If you take out everything that "sources say"...all you Have is that Shanahan quit, Gordon is suspended and Manziel is in rehab.

    This is all speculative shock journalistic garbage. Here's a good rule of thumb: "sources say" means absolutely nothing.

    Multiple team sources have told me that Johnny threw a 90 yard TD pass to Brian Hoyer yesterday at rehab and that Jimmy Haslam is a gay robot.

    Why do you even post? That has to be the dumbest thing ever spoken in what 10,000 years of spoken language. Yep your right, the thousands of stories that use "sources say" that turn out 100% right are clearly wrong because you said so. Good one. Wow some real tools on this bored. Maybe they are sources because they don't want to be named? If a journalist is going to throw his "sources" under the bus each time they say something, they will stop saying stuff. What the hell is wrong with you?

    cbbacker said:

    Why do you even post? That has to be the dumbest thing ever spoken in what 10,000 years of spoken language. Yep your right, the thousands of stories that use "sources say" that turn out 100% right are clearly wrong because you said so. Good one. Wow some real tools on this bored. Maybe they are sources because they don't want to be named? If a journalist is going to throw his "sources" under the bus each time they say something, they will stop saying stuff. What the hell is wrong with you?

    It's easy to run around spouting generalities... isn't it? Trouble is, it gets you nowhere.

    Why not address the specific assertion that LaCanfona is a troll reporter when it comes to the Browns? Too hard?

    No facts?

    More like you cannot. And since his article fits your preconceived notions, then why bother? Which is fine... it's done a lot here. Just don't get indignant, if you're questioned... or, worse yet, disagreed with...