Skip to content

OSU Football with Shady SEC Tactics

College Football Forum
76 9 3.3k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #50

    But don't worry, OSU RB coach wasn't the only team/guy to do this. UCLA's DC did a bait and switch, and so did Texas' DL coach.

    Actions like that get you banned from recruiting at certain HSs by the HCs there. Like OSU from Cass Tech.

    Another thing that can do that, Petrino pulling a scholarship offer from a kid days before signing day because he had less space than he thought. Now that kid's HS coach has banned him from recruiting at that HS. That is worse than what OSU did to Weber.

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Lol @ michigan. Their recruiting class was even smaller than woodys pecker, tiny. Its an embarassment of riches at OSU and michigan cant even recruit a full class with hairball coaching.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #52

    Who signs to be coached up by a running back coach? Urban Meyer is the coach. That's all anyone should need. Besides guys leave for the nfl if they get that opportunity. That's where football coaches and players dream of going. I'm not sure where weber ' s hard feelings are coming from but if he wants to decommit and go play for that hot mess up north so be it. One running back isn't going to break OSU'S back

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #53

    LOL @ Michigan for losing Mike Weber to a superior football team. What a dumpster Fire Harbaugh has created

  • Who signs to be coached up by a running back coach? Urban Meyer is the coach. That's all anyone should need. Besides guys leave for the nfl if they get that opportunity. That's where football coaches and players dream of going. I'm not sure where weber ' s hard feelings are coming from but if he wants to decommit and go play for that hot mess up north so be it. One running back isn't going to break OSU'S back

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Who signs to be coached up by a running back coach? Urban Meyer is the coach. That's all anyone should need. Besides guys leave for the nfl if they get that opportunity. That's where football coaches and players dream of going. I'm not sure where weber ' s hard feelings are coming from but if he wants to decommit and go play for that hot mess up north so be it. One running back isn't going to break OSU'S back

    "Who signs to be coached up by a running back coach" ------ .......... a runningback....... He'd interact with his position coach more than Urban.

    The issues here isn't that the RB Coach left for the NFL. The issues is that he knew he was going to (or at the very least knew it was a strong possibility) but didn't tell Weber. He preached honesty and trust, just to pull a bait and switch as soon as Weber signed his LOI.

    And like I mentioned earlier, this wasn't the only example of a bait and switch this year. So you aren't alone.

    http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/08/breaking-roquan-smiths-coach-blasts-the-critics/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_sfp

    Weber signed a LOI, this is a binding legal document for him to the University. It isn't as easy as "just decommitting". OSU needs to grant him a release, and they can dictate where he is allowed to sign with. I also believe he'll have to sit out a year if he goes to another D1 school.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #55

    You commit to the university not a single coach who will he completely irrelevant in his mind once he's on the field trouncing opponents. I guess I just don't see the big deal and I'm also guessing if it were michigan instead of ohio state you'd also fail to see the big deal.

  • You commit to the university not a single coach who will he completely irrelevant in his mind once he's on the field trouncing opponents. I guess I just don't see the big deal and I'm also guessing if it were michigan instead of ohio state you'd also fail to see the big deal.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #56

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    You commit to the university not a single coach who will he completely irrelevant in his mind once he's on the field trouncing opponents. I guess I just don't see the big deal and I'm also guessing if it were michigan instead of ohio state you'd also fail to see the big deal.

    So the runningback's coach will be completely irrelevant to the runningback.... uuhhh.... ok

    No matter the school, I think it would be a dick move. Again, it isn't that the coach left, it is that they deliberately mislead him in an attempt to get him to sign. Coaches come and go all of the time, but if a coach is preaching honesty and trust, he should let a recruit know that he's going to be taking a new job.

    From the article I posted. Roquan Smith's HS coach

    “I’m reading a lot of these websites, and you’ve got people on there saying things like ‘A kid shouldn’t commit to a coach; he should commit to a school,’” Macon County coachLarry Harold said.

    “I just want to tell those people this, because maybe they don’t know: If you’ve never played sports or anything like that, you are more than just a coach to these kids. You’re their dad, their mom, and their extended family. You’re everything to these kids. So when they’re going to get recruited by the next coach, to find the person who is going to be charge of the next four years of their life, they are looking for the same things.”

    “When you get recruited by Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Oregon and all these top schools – when you go visit them, they all have nice football facilities. They have good academic centers and beautiful campuses. Everything is basically the same everywhere. So what separates them? You know what the coaches sell those kids on? ‘That it’s about the people and the relationships.’ That’s all they sell the kids on. They all say the same things. If you had a recruiter sitting here, he’d say, ‘Our school is just like everybody else, but it’s all about the people and relationships with us.’

    Macon County coach Larry Harold (AJC)

    “So how can these guys (college coaches) talk about the people and the relationships — and then you get these kids signed and then you bail on them at the first time you get the opportunity? Look at all these stories after signing day.

    “You can’t tell me that these head coaches aren’t telling these assistants that they know are leaving – don’t tell anybody until after signing day and then we’ll announce it. That’s deception and that dishonesty. And, most importantly, it’s not fair to the kids.”

  • @erie-dawg said:

    Nope not wrong I'm just able to understand matters better that's all.

    This whole conversation started with you saying we "put in the medical hardship papers" for Devin Gardner hahaha. How can you "understand matters better" if you don't even understand the difference between a medical redshirt and a medical hardship?

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @mld-woody said:

    This whole conversation started with you saying we "put in the medical hardship papers" for Devin Gardner hahaha. How can you "understand matters better" if you don't even understand the difference between a medical redshirt and a medical hardship?

    like I said before I understand completely, but it obvious you are just being a dumbass if your still stuck on making sure I understand the difference between m.r. and m.h. you know very well that they extended his time and was shady because michigan had no one to take the reigns at Qb. why? Because The recruiting by michigan has been shit.
  • @mld-woody said:

    This whole conversation started with you saying we "put in the medical hardship papers" for Devin Gardner hahaha. How can you "understand matters better" if you don't even understand the difference between a medical redshirt and a medical hardship?

    like I said before I understand completely, but it obvious you are just being a dumbass if your still stuck on making sure I understand the difference between m.r. and m.h. you know very well that they extended his time and was shady because michigan had no one to take the reigns at Qb. why? Because The recruiting by michigan has been shit.
    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @erie-dawg said:

    like I said before I understand completely, but it obvious you are just being a dumbass if your still stuck on making sure I understand the difference between m.r. and m.h. you know very well that they extended his time and was shady because michigan had no one to take the reigns at Qb. why? Because The recruiting by michigan has been shit.

    Hahahahahahaha, holy shit this is funny.

    Look at your very first post about this. "I think putting in medical hardship papers for Devin Gardner was shady of michigan also."

    You clearly didn't understand the difference between a medical hardship and a medical redshirt. If you did, you wouldn't have typed what I just showed above haha

    Even ignoring the fact you don't have a basic understanding of what you're talking about, calling a medical redshirt "shady" in an attempt to bring Michigan down to OSUs level is fucking laughable. There is nothing "shady" about a medical redshirt. A player gets hurt for most of a year, he loses the ability to play for that year. A medical redshirt grants a player that year of eligibility back. It is used by every school across the country on a regular basis. It benefits the player and the school. There is nothing "shady" about that. You are trying make it look like Michigan helping a player get a year of eligibility back is "shady" because we could use the QB help?

    ahahahhaha.... you might just want to stop. I know a lot of you are full on "head in the sand, OSU is god" type of fans, but this is ridiculous.

    Look, this started with you not having a base level understanding of what you were talking about, and now you're just grasping at straws to bring Michigan down to OSUs level. It isn't happening man. Just save face and call it a day.

  • @erie-dawg said:

    like I said before I understand completely, but it obvious you are just being a dumbass if your still stuck on making sure I understand the difference between m.r. and m.h. you know very well that they extended his time and was shady because michigan had no one to take the reigns at Qb. why? Because The recruiting by michigan has been shit.

    Hahahahahahaha, holy shit this is funny.

    Look at your very first post about this. "I think putting in medical hardship papers for Devin Gardner was shady of michigan also."

    You clearly didn't understand the difference between a medical hardship and a medical redshirt. If you did, you wouldn't have typed what I just showed above haha

    Even ignoring the fact you don't have a basic understanding of what you're talking about, calling a medical redshirt "shady" in an attempt to bring Michigan down to OSUs level is fucking laughable. There is nothing "shady" about a medical redshirt. A player gets hurt for most of a year, he loses the ability to play for that year. A medical redshirt grants a player that year of eligibility back. It is used by every school across the country on a regular basis. It benefits the player and the school. There is nothing "shady" about that. You are trying make it look like Michigan helping a player get a year of eligibility back is "shady" because we could use the QB help?

    ahahahhaha.... you might just want to stop. I know a lot of you are full on "head in the sand, OSU is god" type of fans, but this is ridiculous.

    Look, this started with you not having a base level understanding of what you were talking about, and now you're just grasping at straws to bring Michigan down to OSUs level. It isn't happening man. Just save face and call it a day.

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @mld-woody said:

    Hahahahahahaha, holy shit this is funny.

    Look at your very first post about this. "I think putting in medical hardship papers for Devin Gardner was shady of michigan also."

    You clearly didn't understand the difference between a medical hardship and a medical redshirt. If you did, you wouldn't have typed what I just showed above haha

    Even ignoring the fact you don't have a basic understanding of what you're talking about, calling a medical redshirt "shady" in an attempt to bring Michigan down to OSUs level is fucking laughable. There is nothing "shady" about a medical redshirt. A player gets hurt for most of a year, he loses the ability to play for that year. A medical redshirt grants a player that year of eligibility back. It is used by every school across the country on a regular basis. It benefits the player and the school. There is nothing "shady" about that. You are trying make it look like Michigan helping a player get a year of eligibility back is "shady" because we could use the QB help?

    ahahahhaha.... you might just want to stop. I know a lot of you are full on "head in the sand, OSU is god" type of fans, but this is ridiculous.

    Look, this started with you not having a base level understanding of what you were talking about, and now you're just grasping at straws to bring Michigan down to OSUs level. It isn't happening man. Just save face and call it a day.

    @erie-dawg said:

    like I said before I understand completely, but it obvious you are just being a dumbass if your still stuck on making sure I understand the difference between m.r. and m.h. you know very well that they extended his time and was shady because michigan had no one to take the reigns at Qb. why? Because The recruiting by michigan has been shit.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #60

    and my previous post still stands.

    I accept your surrender.

    I'm out now. Try better next time.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #61

    LoL @Michigan for failing to land Weber.

    He's all OURS you jealous whiny bitch.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    You commit to the university not a single coach who will he completely irrelevant in his mind once he's on the field trouncing opponents. I guess I just don't see the big deal and I'm also guessing if it were michigan instead of ohio state you'd also fail to see the big deal.

    So the runningback's coach will be completely irrelevant to the runningback.... uuhhh.... ok

    No matter the school, I think it would be a dick move. Again, it isn't that the coach left, it is that they deliberately mislead him in an attempt to get him to sign. Coaches come and go all of the time, but if a coach is preaching honesty and trust, he should let a recruit know that he's going to be taking a new job.

    From the article I posted. Roquan Smith's HS coach

    “I’m reading a lot of these websites, and you’ve got people on there saying things like ‘A kid shouldn’t commit to a coach; he should commit to a school,’” Macon County coachLarry Harold said.

    “I just want to tell those people this, because maybe they don’t know: If you’ve never played sports or anything like that, you are more than just a coach to these kids. You’re their dad, their mom, and their extended family. You’re everything to these kids. So when they’re going to get recruited by the next coach, to find the person who is going to be charge of the next four years of their life, they are looking for the same things.”

    “When you get recruited by Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Oregon and all these top schools – when you go visit them, they all have nice football facilities. They have good academic centers and beautiful campuses. Everything is basically the same everywhere. So what separates them? You know what the coaches sell those kids on? ‘That it’s about the people and the relationships.’ That’s all they sell the kids on. They all say the same things. If you had a recruiter sitting here, he’d say, ‘Our school is just like everybody else, but it’s all about the people and relationships with us.’

    Macon County coach Larry Harold (AJC)

    “So how can these guys (college coaches) talk about the people and the relationships — and then you get these kids signed and then you bail on them at the first time you get the opportunity? Look at all these stories after signing day.

    “You can’t tell me that these head coaches aren’t telling these assistants that they know are leaving – don’t tell anybody until after signing day and then we’ll announce it. That’s deception and that dishonesty. And, most importantly, it’s not fair to the kids.”

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @mld-woody said:

    So the runningback's coach will be completely irrelevant to the runningback.... uuhhh.... ok

    No matter the school, I think it would be a dick move. Again, it isn't that the coach left, it is that they deliberately mislead him in an attempt to get him to sign. Coaches come and go all of the time, but if a coach is preaching honesty and trust, he should let a recruit know that he's going to be taking a new job.

    Oh the outrage, lol, never heard a recruit say i commited to this college because of the positions coach.

    Position coaches come and go from programs every year its not a big deal. Has a position coach never left michigan?

  • and my previous post still stands.

    I accept your surrender.

    I'm out now. Try better next time.

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @mld-woody said:

    and my previous post still stands.

    I accept your surrender.

    I'm out now. Try better next time.

    For a college grad you sure have no common sense.

    Did Michigan extend his Gardners eligibility?

    Why did they do so?

  • @mld-woody said:

    and my previous post still stands.

    I accept your surrender.

    I'm out now. Try better next time.

    For a college grad you sure have no common sense.

    Did Michigan extend his Gardners eligibility?

    Why did they do so?

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @erie-dawg said:

    For a college grad you sure have no common sense.

    Did Michigan extend his Gardners eligibility?

    Why did they do so?

    Why would they want to? He sucks

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
    #65

    Gardner wasn't even invited to the NFL combine

    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • @erie-dawg said:

    For a college grad you sure have no common sense.

    Did Michigan extend his Gardners eligibility?

    Why did they do so?

    Why would they want to? He sucks

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @browns149 said:

    Why would they want to? He sucks

    because he sucked less than the guy behind him. Also michigan hasn't done well the last 5 years of producing or recruiting someone competent enough to take the job from him. They knew this and m.r. him to buy some time.
  • @browns149 said:

    Why would they want to? He sucks

    because he sucked less than the guy behind him. Also michigan hasn't done well the last 5 years of producing or recruiting someone competent enough to take the job from him. They knew this and m.r. him to buy some time.
    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @erie-dawg said:

    because he sucked less than the guy behind him. Also michigan hasn't done well the last 5 years of producing or recruiting someone competent enough to take the job from him. They knew this and m.r. him to buy some time.

    But we've been told, over and over, that Hoke was a GREAT recruiter?

    How bad must the ohter guys have been to not take the job from him?

  • Gardner wasn't even invited to the NFL combine

    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @browns149 said:

    Gardner was even invited to the NFL combine

    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    wasn't surprised most qbs do, but given this years terrible qb class they had to have someone at the combine. He's projected at 13th best and to go undrafted.
  • @browns149 said:

    Gardner was even invited to the NFL combine

    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    wasn't surprised most qbs do, but given this years terrible qb class they had to have someone at the combine. He's projected at 13th best and to go undrafted.
    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @erie-dawg said:

    wasn't surprised most qbs do, but given this years terrible qb class they had to have someone at the combine. He's projected at 13th best and to go undrafted.

    I fixed it. He was NOT invited. 321 players were invited and he was NOT on the list

    LMAO