Skip to content

Rebuilding an offense... again

The Browns Board
44 19 1.7k
  • Yup... Crow is a one-cut guy and we were without a one-cut line mid-season.

    @gumby73 said:

    get Cam Erving any where on the line at any time or their gone.

    I keep seeing Cam listed as a prospective Center, but can only find tape on him at OT, mostly LT. Anyone know what's up with that??? Anyone have a link to any tape of him at Center?

    All I know is that at OT he looks long and gangly and those are not exactly qualities you'd list for interior guys.

    That said, he was an effective, if not pretty, OT for FSU.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup... Crow is a one-cut guy and we were without a one-cut line mid-season.

    I keep seeing Cam listed as a prospective Center, but can only find tape on him at OT, mostly LT. Anyone know what's up with that??? Anyone have a link to any tape of him at Center?

    All I know is that at OT he looks long and gangly and those are not exactly qualities you'd list for interior guys.

    That said, he was an effective, if not pretty, OT for FSU.

    Was just reading about him - long time LT, transitioned to C towards the end of the season and was outstanding, apparently.

  • @gftchris said:

    Pick up someone like Cecil Shorts

    A Cleveland guy who went to Mount Union. I am liking him as a FA. He could be a solid WR2 in the right system and with a decent QB. He has missed 8 games in 3 years as a starter due to injuries, but when he's played in 3 years he's put up:

    174 catches for 2313 yards and 11 TDs which is

    58 for 771 and 3.6 TD's per year as a starter...

    I don't know much about his effort, severity of injuries, etc... I wonder what he might cost in FA??

    @thenew23 said:

    A Cleveland guy who went to Mount Union. I am liking him as a FA. He could be a solid WR2 in the right system and with a decent QB. He has missed 8 games in 3 years as a starter due to injuries, but when he's played in 3 years he's put up:

    174 catches for 2313 yards and 11 TDs which is

    58 for 771 and 3.6 TD's per year as a starter...

    I don't know much about his effort, severity of injuries, etc... I wonder what he might cost in FA??

    This has been thrown around here for a little while now. Sounds like a good idea, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he can be had for reasonable cost.

  • Yeah, there are a lot of big name WRs that are going to be had - Thomas, Cobb, Bryant, Welker, Nicks, Wayne, Crabtree, Britt, Maclin, Smith, so most teams in need of a WR can pick up a decent guy, driving the price down for most (apart from Bryant who will be tagged).

  • Yup... Crow is a one-cut guy and we were without a one-cut line mid-season.

    @gumby73 said:

    get Cam Erving any where on the line at any time or their gone.

    I keep seeing Cam listed as a prospective Center, but can only find tape on him at OT, mostly LT. Anyone know what's up with that??? Anyone have a link to any tape of him at Center?

    All I know is that at OT he looks long and gangly and those are not exactly qualities you'd list for interior guys.

    That said, he was an effective, if not pretty, OT for FSU.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup... Crow is a one-cut guy and we were without a one-cut line mid-season.

    I keep seeing Cam listed as a prospective Center, but can only find tape on him at OT, mostly LT. Anyone know what's up with that??? Anyone have a link to any tape of him at Center?

    All I know is that at OT he looks long and gangly and those are not exactly qualities you'd list for interior guys.

    That said, he was an effective, if not pretty, OT for FSU.

    I believe he had to shift to C at Cuse towards end of season and I know they got blown out in there bowl game but not on him. Cam was blowing people 5 yrds. down field from C, check it out and thanks, Enjoy. Check feet on pass protect read that's his only knock..