Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. mock draft thread

mock draft thread

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
207 Posts 27 Posters 7.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #2
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft
    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 30k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
      #3

      At Walter football...

      Charlie's latest: http://walterfootball.com/draft2015charlie.php

      Has us taking Kevin White (WR) at 12 and Alvin Dupree (DE/OLB) at 19.

      In Rnd 2 he has us taking Devon Smith (WR).

      And Walter's:

      Has us trading up with ATL to #8 to land Shelton (DT) and take T.J. Clemmings (OT) at 19.

      In Rnd 2 he has us taking Greyson (QB) at 43.

      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #4

        2 for clemmings...

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 10k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
          #5

          Haven't these mock guys listened to what Farmer has said?

          He will not draft a wr in round 1

          "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
          Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • JAFBF JAFBFJ Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 10k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by JAFBF
            #6

            Pat Kirwan's first Mock for 2015 :

            http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/25040060/nfl-mock-draft-no-1-marcus-mariota-jameis-winston-go-1-2

            #12 - Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa

            #19 - Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn

            Don't see the WR, not Farmer's MO.

            Mariota @ #1, and Winston @ #2.

            . . . and I don't want to hear any BS about us moving up to get Mariota . . . no freaking way.

            tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • JAFBFJ JAFBF

              Pat Kirwan's first Mock for 2015 :

              http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/25040060/nfl-mock-draft-no-1-marcus-mariota-jameis-winston-go-1-2

              #12 - Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa

              #19 - Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn

              Don't see the WR, not Farmer's MO.

              Mariota @ #1, and Winston @ #2.

              . . . and I don't want to hear any BS about us moving up to get Mariota . . . no freaking way.

              tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
              • 13k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
              #7

              @jafbf said:

              Pat Kirwan's first Mock for 2015 :

              http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/25040060/nfl-mock-draft-no-1-marcus-mariota-jameis-winston-go-1-2

              #12 - Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa

              #19 - Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn

              Don't see the WR, not Farmer's MO.

              Mariota @ #1, and Winston @ #2.

              . . . and I don't want to hear any BS about us moving up to get Mariota . . . no freaking way.

              Dear god, no. First off, not a chance we invest a pick that high in OT and hopefully our scouts see some of the things brought to light on this board about Schreff. As for Coates? At 19 I'd rather just hold off and go WR in the 2nd round. I don't see him being worth a high 1st rounder.

              JAFBFJ 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • LBC mike LBC mikeL Reacting Well Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Dedicated One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                • 3k Posts
                • 297 Reputation
                LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
                #8

                I have seen a few that have us taking a we at twelve.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                  • 30k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
                  #9

                  Bleacher's Cory Smith has us passing on Shelton at 12 for DaVante Parker (WR) and taking Dante Fowler (DE/OLB) at 19.

                  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2356593-nfl-draft-2015-full-1st-round-mock-draft-top-talent-to-watch-during-offseason

                  "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                  tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                    Bleacher's Cory Smith has us passing on Shelton at 12 for DaVante Parker (WR) and taking Dante Fowler (DE/OLB) at 19.

                    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2356593-nfl-draft-2015-full-1st-round-mock-draft-top-talent-to-watch-during-offseason

                    tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                    • 13k Posts
                    • 5k Reputation
                    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
                    #10

                    @tour2ma said:

                    Bleacher has us passing on Shelton at 12 for DaVante Parker (WR) and taking Dante Fowler (DE/OLB) at 19.

                    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2356593-nfl-draft-2015-full-1st-round-mock-draft-top-talent-to-watch-during-offseason

                    Not a chance - also, I watched Fowler yesterday. Didn't come away impressed with his pass rush at all. Plays the run quite well, doesn't apply much pressure when a tackle gets his hands on him.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Browns149B Browns149

                      Haven't these mock guys listened to what Farmer has said?

                      He will not draft a wr in round 1

                      Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 8k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                      #11

                      @browns149 said:

                      Haven't these mock guys listened to what Farmer has said?

                      He will not draft a wr in round 1

                      I don't remember him saying that. I remember him defending his choice to not draft one last year and I remember him saying that, in his opinion, he'd rather take someone who has more impact every down that high...but I don't remember him saying "We will not draft a WR in the first round".

                      To be honest, if he said that, he should be fired.

                      I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                      Browns149B MudflyM 2 Replies Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                        @browns149 said:

                        Haven't these mock guys listened to what Farmer has said?

                        He will not draft a wr in round 1

                        I don't remember him saying that. I remember him defending his choice to not draft one last year and I remember him saying that, in his opinion, he'd rather take someone who has more impact every down that high...but I don't remember him saying "We will not draft a WR in the first round".

                        To be honest, if he said that, he should be fired.

                        Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 10k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                        #12

                        @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                        I don't remember him saying that. I remember him defending his choice to not draft one last year and I remember him saying that, in his opinion, he'd rather take someone who has more impact every down that high...but I don't remember him saying "We will not draft a WR in the first round".

                        To be honest, if he said that, he should be fired.

                        He didn't say the exact words, but listening to him, he won't draft a wr that high.

                        "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 23k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                          #13

                          I can't see us trading up for Shelton when chances are decent he would still be there at 12. If not go for the best available OT and pick up either Goldman (FSU) or Brown (Texas) as the run stopping DT. One will still be there at 19.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                            @browns149 said:

                            Haven't these mock guys listened to what Farmer has said?

                            He will not draft a wr in round 1

                            I don't remember him saying that. I remember him defending his choice to not draft one last year and I remember him saying that, in his opinion, he'd rather take someone who has more impact every down that high...but I don't remember him saying "We will not draft a WR in the first round".

                            To be honest, if he said that, he should be fired.

                            Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 7k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
                            #14

                            @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                            I don't remember him saying that. I remember him defending his choice to not draft one last year and I remember him saying that, in his opinion, he'd rather take someone who has more impact every down that high...but I don't remember him saying "We will not draft a WR in the first round".

                            To be honest, if he said that, he should be fired.

                            @browns149 said:

                            He didn't say the exact words, but listening to him, he won't draft a wr that high.

                            I think yer both right really......

                            He didn't say he wouldn't draft one in the first, but he did say that he doesn't covet WR as a highly valued position.....implying that he'd probably not pick one unless he was an extraordinary player.....which I dont see this year...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                              • 14k Posts
                              • 5k Reputation
                              nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                              #15

                              umm we need a run stuffing MLB and a NT...

                              Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                • 13k Posts
                                • 5k Reputation
                                tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                                #16

                                Did my "ideal" draft. I'll list the critical picks that will dictate what the Brownies do. I'll also toss out my thoughts. But this is the scenario that would strike, what I feel to be harmony, between getting impact players and more picks. I apologize for the long read.

                                #3 Jacksonville - Shane Ray. - Jacksonville has a good Dline, with a good pass rush. Make it elite since they don't value OT this high. therefore take the drafts best pass rusher.

                                #5 Washington - Gregory - Orakpo is gone, no DB worth this pick. Its Washington, because if one team is dumb enough to do this, its them.

                                #6 Jets - Peat - I stand by this. Ferguson is hit or miss, they still don't know what they have with Geno. Their WR's are damn good on paper. Solidify the Oline.

                                #7 Bears - Shelton - New coach, new defense that likes to give a lot of looks for a team that historical is good defensively. It fits.

                                #8 Atlanta - Arik Armstead or Fowler - Atlanta wants to charge up the defensive front and Peat is gone.

                                #9 Gmen - Schreff - With Cruz healthy might be the best WR group in the NFL. Need to protect Eli. Long shot being TJ Clemmings here.

                                Brownies @ 12 - Trade down. Hear me out, Shelton is gone. The next impact Dlineman anywhere close to playing 0-1 technique is Carl Davis. Malcolm Brown won't make it past 15 and Philly will be very desperate for a QB. Especially since they totally bombed their last years 1st rounder with Marcus Smith. Need to energize the fan base. We take Philly's 20th and their 2nd rounder for them to move up 8 spots. Win - Win.

                                @ 19 - Brownies take Carl Davis, DT: Iowa. Big 0-1 Tech that will anchor the middle and is surprisingly as quick on his feet as Shelton for a big man. The tape I saw and his standout senior bowl performance make me shocked his name isn't tossed around more.

                                @ 20 - Nate Orchard, OLB: Utah I haven't found tape on a pass rusher that uses his hands more naturally. Ray is a bit quicker off the ball, everybody else has the luxury of playing at a bigger school with more media exposure. He has a good blend of burst, hand use, strength, awareness and agility to be a difference maker with some coaching. He stays low, disciplined and plays the run very, very well and is far more at home dropping into coverage than any OLB prospect in this draft.

                                Now in this scenario we have two 2nd round picks. This is what I want (if) when Hoyer resigns.

                                @43 Garrett Grayson, QB: Colorado State. For obvious reasons, plus I like this kid. He has the look of a potential NFL QB. Good pocket presence, doesn't have much talent at receiver to help but is still productive. I like when a QB can elevate the game of those around him. Also the QB drop off after him is substantial. Honestly I wouldn't expect the kid to even be available with the Jets and Skins picking ahead of us. One can dream though, right?

                                @ 52 Ty Montgomery, WR: Stanford. Height, speed, strong hands and a willing run blocker. Love it.

                                3rd round we go BPA and make it the hat trick for our offense.

                                @77 Nick O' Leary, TE: Florida State. A solid presence over the middle. A bit more athletic than Barnidge or Dr. Dray. Good redzone target that knows how to find holes in zone.

                                4th round I believe we can make some noise and get great depth.

                                @108 - Max Garcia, G/C: Florida. The Florida Oline was so bad and so injury depleted that he had to play some time at left tackle. Surprisingly he wasn't as terrible as expected. He's played both spots on the interior quite well and again, athletic enough to go outside. I think he'd be a great pickup and the quality swing man this Oline (god forbid) may need.

                                @112 - Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State. I say we get another insurance policy with a smart, steady player at ILB. Not the sexy pick, but a good one.

                                5th round is what you'd expect:

                                @ 139 Corey Crawford, DE: Clemson - Taking a swing at a kid with some upside that did quite well holding the point across from Vic Beasley

                                At this point I could give a rats ass about 6th or 7th round. Maybe another TE, G or WR here wouldn't hurt. But that is the draft I'd love to see happen and if its anything close, I might cry tears of joy.

                                So... .thoughts?

                                tiamat63T Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • LBC mike LBC mikeL Reacting Well Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Dedicated One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                  • 3k Posts
                                  • 297 Reputation
                                  LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
                                  #17

                                  Seems like allot of back ups

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • tiamat63T tiamat63

                                    Did my "ideal" draft. I'll list the critical picks that will dictate what the Brownies do. I'll also toss out my thoughts. But this is the scenario that would strike, what I feel to be harmony, between getting impact players and more picks. I apologize for the long read.

                                    #3 Jacksonville - Shane Ray. - Jacksonville has a good Dline, with a good pass rush. Make it elite since they don't value OT this high. therefore take the drafts best pass rusher.

                                    #5 Washington - Gregory - Orakpo is gone, no DB worth this pick. Its Washington, because if one team is dumb enough to do this, its them.

                                    #6 Jets - Peat - I stand by this. Ferguson is hit or miss, they still don't know what they have with Geno. Their WR's are damn good on paper. Solidify the Oline.

                                    #7 Bears - Shelton - New coach, new defense that likes to give a lot of looks for a team that historical is good defensively. It fits.

                                    #8 Atlanta - Arik Armstead or Fowler - Atlanta wants to charge up the defensive front and Peat is gone.

                                    #9 Gmen - Schreff - With Cruz healthy might be the best WR group in the NFL. Need to protect Eli. Long shot being TJ Clemmings here.

                                    Brownies @ 12 - Trade down. Hear me out, Shelton is gone. The next impact Dlineman anywhere close to playing 0-1 technique is Carl Davis. Malcolm Brown won't make it past 15 and Philly will be very desperate for a QB. Especially since they totally bombed their last years 1st rounder with Marcus Smith. Need to energize the fan base. We take Philly's 20th and their 2nd rounder for them to move up 8 spots. Win - Win.

                                    @ 19 - Brownies take Carl Davis, DT: Iowa. Big 0-1 Tech that will anchor the middle and is surprisingly as quick on his feet as Shelton for a big man. The tape I saw and his standout senior bowl performance make me shocked his name isn't tossed around more.

                                    @ 20 - Nate Orchard, OLB: Utah I haven't found tape on a pass rusher that uses his hands more naturally. Ray is a bit quicker off the ball, everybody else has the luxury of playing at a bigger school with more media exposure. He has a good blend of burst, hand use, strength, awareness and agility to be a difference maker with some coaching. He stays low, disciplined and plays the run very, very well and is far more at home dropping into coverage than any OLB prospect in this draft.

                                    Now in this scenario we have two 2nd round picks. This is what I want (if) when Hoyer resigns.

                                    @43 Garrett Grayson, QB: Colorado State. For obvious reasons, plus I like this kid. He has the look of a potential NFL QB. Good pocket presence, doesn't have much talent at receiver to help but is still productive. I like when a QB can elevate the game of those around him. Also the QB drop off after him is substantial. Honestly I wouldn't expect the kid to even be available with the Jets and Skins picking ahead of us. One can dream though, right?

                                    @ 52 Ty Montgomery, WR: Stanford. Height, speed, strong hands and a willing run blocker. Love it.

                                    3rd round we go BPA and make it the hat trick for our offense.

                                    @77 Nick O' Leary, TE: Florida State. A solid presence over the middle. A bit more athletic than Barnidge or Dr. Dray. Good redzone target that knows how to find holes in zone.

                                    4th round I believe we can make some noise and get great depth.

                                    @108 - Max Garcia, G/C: Florida. The Florida Oline was so bad and so injury depleted that he had to play some time at left tackle. Surprisingly he wasn't as terrible as expected. He's played both spots on the interior quite well and again, athletic enough to go outside. I think he'd be a great pickup and the quality swing man this Oline (god forbid) may need.

                                    @112 - Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State. I say we get another insurance policy with a smart, steady player at ILB. Not the sexy pick, but a good one.

                                    5th round is what you'd expect:

                                    @ 139 Corey Crawford, DE: Clemson - Taking a swing at a kid with some upside that did quite well holding the point across from Vic Beasley

                                    At this point I could give a rats ass about 6th or 7th round. Maybe another TE, G or WR here wouldn't hurt. But that is the draft I'd love to see happen and if its anything close, I might cry tears of joy.

                                    So... .thoughts?

                                    tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                    • 13k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                                    #18

                                    @tiamat63 said:

                                    @lbc-mike said:

                                    Seems like allot of back ups

                                    That's generally what 4th-7th round picks are.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • tiamat63T tiamat63

                                      Did my "ideal" draft. I'll list the critical picks that will dictate what the Brownies do. I'll also toss out my thoughts. But this is the scenario that would strike, what I feel to be harmony, between getting impact players and more picks. I apologize for the long read.

                                      #3 Jacksonville - Shane Ray. - Jacksonville has a good Dline, with a good pass rush. Make it elite since they don't value OT this high. therefore take the drafts best pass rusher.

                                      #5 Washington - Gregory - Orakpo is gone, no DB worth this pick. Its Washington, because if one team is dumb enough to do this, its them.

                                      #6 Jets - Peat - I stand by this. Ferguson is hit or miss, they still don't know what they have with Geno. Their WR's are damn good on paper. Solidify the Oline.

                                      #7 Bears - Shelton - New coach, new defense that likes to give a lot of looks for a team that historical is good defensively. It fits.

                                      #8 Atlanta - Arik Armstead or Fowler - Atlanta wants to charge up the defensive front and Peat is gone.

                                      #9 Gmen - Schreff - With Cruz healthy might be the best WR group in the NFL. Need to protect Eli. Long shot being TJ Clemmings here.

                                      Brownies @ 12 - Trade down. Hear me out, Shelton is gone. The next impact Dlineman anywhere close to playing 0-1 technique is Carl Davis. Malcolm Brown won't make it past 15 and Philly will be very desperate for a QB. Especially since they totally bombed their last years 1st rounder with Marcus Smith. Need to energize the fan base. We take Philly's 20th and their 2nd rounder for them to move up 8 spots. Win - Win.

                                      @ 19 - Brownies take Carl Davis, DT: Iowa. Big 0-1 Tech that will anchor the middle and is surprisingly as quick on his feet as Shelton for a big man. The tape I saw and his standout senior bowl performance make me shocked his name isn't tossed around more.

                                      @ 20 - Nate Orchard, OLB: Utah I haven't found tape on a pass rusher that uses his hands more naturally. Ray is a bit quicker off the ball, everybody else has the luxury of playing at a bigger school with more media exposure. He has a good blend of burst, hand use, strength, awareness and agility to be a difference maker with some coaching. He stays low, disciplined and plays the run very, very well and is far more at home dropping into coverage than any OLB prospect in this draft.

                                      Now in this scenario we have two 2nd round picks. This is what I want (if) when Hoyer resigns.

                                      @43 Garrett Grayson, QB: Colorado State. For obvious reasons, plus I like this kid. He has the look of a potential NFL QB. Good pocket presence, doesn't have much talent at receiver to help but is still productive. I like when a QB can elevate the game of those around him. Also the QB drop off after him is substantial. Honestly I wouldn't expect the kid to even be available with the Jets and Skins picking ahead of us. One can dream though, right?

                                      @ 52 Ty Montgomery, WR: Stanford. Height, speed, strong hands and a willing run blocker. Love it.

                                      3rd round we go BPA and make it the hat trick for our offense.

                                      @77 Nick O' Leary, TE: Florida State. A solid presence over the middle. A bit more athletic than Barnidge or Dr. Dray. Good redzone target that knows how to find holes in zone.

                                      4th round I believe we can make some noise and get great depth.

                                      @108 - Max Garcia, G/C: Florida. The Florida Oline was so bad and so injury depleted that he had to play some time at left tackle. Surprisingly he wasn't as terrible as expected. He's played both spots on the interior quite well and again, athletic enough to go outside. I think he'd be a great pickup and the quality swing man this Oline (god forbid) may need.

                                      @112 - Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State. I say we get another insurance policy with a smart, steady player at ILB. Not the sexy pick, but a good one.

                                      5th round is what you'd expect:

                                      @ 139 Corey Crawford, DE: Clemson - Taking a swing at a kid with some upside that did quite well holding the point across from Vic Beasley

                                      At this point I could give a rats ass about 6th or 7th round. Maybe another TE, G or WR here wouldn't hurt. But that is the draft I'd love to see happen and if its anything close, I might cry tears of joy.

                                      So... .thoughts?

                                      Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                      • 30k Posts
                                      • 6k Reputation
                                      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                      #19

                                      @tiamat63 said:

                                      I apologize for the long read.

                                      Brownies @ 12 - Trade down.

                                      @ 19 - Brownies take Carl Davis, DT: Iowa. ; @ 20 - Nate Orchard, OLB: Utah

                                      Now in this scenario we have two 2nd round picks. This is what I want (if) when Hoyer resigns.

                                      Rnd 2: @43 Garrett Grayson, QB: Colorado State.; @ 52 Ty Montgomery, WR: Stanford.

                                      3rd round: @77 Nick O' Leary, TE: Florida State

                                      4th round: @108 - Max Garcia, G/C: Florida. @112 - Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State.

                                      5th round is what you'd expect: @ 139 Corey Crawford, DE: Clemson

                                      So... .thoughts?

                                      Better a long, thoughtful post than...

                                      What would you do if Shelton is still on the board at #12? If Davis is as close to Shelton as you've been saying, then I've not sure why you wouldn't do this deal in any case. On the other hand, if you would take Shelton, then I think you'd try to move up to get him.

                                      I've been wondering about Orchard's pass coverage. If at 252 he's as agile as you imply, then he sounds like the 3-down OLB I have been craving.

                                      As for the rest... gets so hard to comment since I have at best a vague idea of the other options were available at a given pick... fortunately that has never stopped me...

                                      My impressions are:

                                      • could have done more to help the O-line - I think some good interior talent that will be there in Rnd 2.
                                      • picks in the 2nd, 4th and 5th look like reaches - at least DraftScout would say they are.
                                      • O'Leary's about right in the 3rd, but I don't see him emerging from a 3rd round group based upon our needs; I think there's better TE value in the 4th.
                                      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                      tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                        @tiamat63 said:

                                        I apologize for the long read.

                                        Brownies @ 12 - Trade down.

                                        @ 19 - Brownies take Carl Davis, DT: Iowa. ; @ 20 - Nate Orchard, OLB: Utah

                                        Now in this scenario we have two 2nd round picks. This is what I want (if) when Hoyer resigns.

                                        Rnd 2: @43 Garrett Grayson, QB: Colorado State.; @ 52 Ty Montgomery, WR: Stanford.

                                        3rd round: @77 Nick O' Leary, TE: Florida State

                                        4th round: @108 - Max Garcia, G/C: Florida. @112 - Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State.

                                        5th round is what you'd expect: @ 139 Corey Crawford, DE: Clemson

                                        So... .thoughts?

                                        Better a long, thoughtful post than...

                                        What would you do if Shelton is still on the board at #12? If Davis is as close to Shelton as you've been saying, then I've not sure why you wouldn't do this deal in any case. On the other hand, if you would take Shelton, then I think you'd try to move up to get him.

                                        I've been wondering about Orchard's pass coverage. If at 252 he's as agile as you imply, then he sounds like the 3-down OLB I have been craving.

                                        As for the rest... gets so hard to comment since I have at best a vague idea of the other options were available at a given pick... fortunately that has never stopped me...

                                        My impressions are:

                                        • could have done more to help the O-line - I think some good interior talent that will be there in Rnd 2.
                                        • picks in the 2nd, 4th and 5th look like reaches - at least DraftScout would say they are.
                                        • O'Leary's about right in the 3rd, but I don't see him emerging from a 3rd round group based upon our needs; I think there's better TE value in the 4th.
                                        tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                        • 13k Posts
                                        • 5k Reputation
                                        tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
                                        #20

                                        @tour2ma said:

                                        Better a long, thoughtful post than...

                                        What would you do if Shelton is still on the board at #12? If Davis is as close to Shelton as you've been saying, then I've not sure why you wouldn't do this deal in any case. On the other hand, if you would take Shelton, then I think you'd try to move up to get him.

                                        I've been wondering about Orchard's pass coverage. If at 252 he's as agile as you imply, then he sounds like the 3-down OLB I have been craving.

                                        As for the rest... gets so hard to comment since I have at best a vague idea of the other options were available at a given pick... fortunately that has never stopped me...

                                        My impressions are:

                                        • could have done more to help the O-line - I think some good interior talent that will be there in Rnd 2.
                                        • picks in the 2nd, 4th and 5th look like reaches - at least DraftScout would say they are.
                                        • O'Leary's about right in the 3rd, but I don't see him emerging from a 3rd round group based upon our needs; I think there's better TE value in the 4th.

                                        - If Shelton is still on the board then I take him. Davis I feel would be equally capable at holding the line and getting decent push. Yet I feel Shelton has a little more burst in a short area and might provide a bit better interior pass rush. Lets not kid ourselves, the AFC North in the early months are pass first teams like the Ratbirds and Steelers. Would I move up to get Shelton? No.

                                        Carl is a fine consolation and I wouldn't spend any additional picks on Shelton when I could have a mammoth by staying put. If I get Shelton, the Orchard pick might not happen.

                                        As for Orchard. He appears to flow laterally quite well, gets his head around to track the running back and gets good depth when nothing in front of him. Obviously at the position he'll never defend more than a hook/curl/or flat zone, but he looks plenty capable of doing it. Like I said, he uses his hand with instinct, they're always moving, swiping, tearing etc etc.

                                        - I like O Leary as a compliment to our current TE crop. Hence why I don't mind him in the 3rd. You may be right on the Oline help. Two other names that stood out to me, Laken Tomlinson and Aundrey Walker. The latter plays at USC but is from Cleveland I found. I couldn't find much on Walker, but what I did showed him doing some good work in the zone stretch that USC has used for years. Including a front side pull which he skipped around the tackle and got out in the open quickly. He was working through some injury at one point I saw, but certainly a name in the 4th round you should look at.

                                        Not sure why DraftScouts has my 2nd rounders as a reach. Grayson is the 3rd rated QB on the board and Ty, depending on where you look is the 4th-7threceiver which puts him at 2nd round material.

                                        Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • miktoxic miktoxicM
                                          • 13k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                                          #21

                                          i rather invest in an OL early in the first than a WR.

                                          OL/DL first round. which ever is first, it really doesn't matter to me.

                                          i trust farmer, but am wondering if DOES do the WR because of last year's backlash.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate