mock draft thread
-
if they went up to get mariota i wouldn't hate it. sure he's not built like winston but he's sure as hell a lot smarter than he is.
IMO throwing 3 picks out the window for one pick doesn't make sense unless it's the final piece of the puzzle needed to put you over the top.
the browns aren't there yet.
IMO throwing 3 picks out the window for one pick doesn't make sense unless it's the final piece of the puzzle needed to put you over the top.
When has that ever applied to QB? I understand the argument about the QB not being the first piece, but now he has to be the last?
Nah... if MM is legitimately seen by our FO as "the one", and not merely "the best one within our reach in the draft this year", then go get him...
-
i'm just saying the skilled position players on offense should be considering AFTER the lines are built, the defense is set. sure take the QB when that's done. it's not like russell wilson went into seattle like couch came into cleveland or bradford into st. louis or.........how many examples do you need?
the worse way to build a team is drafting a QB as the FIRST priority. i know the browns are not starting from scratch but the throwing the 3 draft picks out the window for the 1 argument still holds true IMO.
-
IMO throwing 3 picks out the window for one pick doesn't make sense unless it's the final piece of the puzzle needed to put you over the top.
When has that ever applied to QB? I understand the argument about the QB not being the first piece, but now he has to be the last?
Nah... if MM is legitimately seen by our FO as "the one", and not merely "the best one within our reach in the draft this year", then go get him...
When has that ever applied to QB? I understand the argument about the QB not being the first piece, but now he has to be the last?
Nah... if MM is legitimately seen by our FO as "the one", and not merely "the best one within our reach in the draft this year", then go get him...
Though it may be irrelevant now - I'd like to know how they viewed Manziel. If he was 'the one' to them, which would make sense considering they traded back up to get him.... Then you'd hope those familiar feelings would creep up and they'd stay the hell away.
-
-
-
If either OTs Peat or Collins are still there after the first 11, I would surely be tempted. Especially if DT's Shelton and Brown are already off the board. Just can't pass on that kind of talent.
-
Grossi's first Mock :
http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=42501
#1 - Winston
#2 - Mariota
#12 - WR DeVante Parker, Louisville
#19 - DT Malcom Brown, Texas
With TB saying Glennon is going to be their Starter/Franchise QB . . . I'm wondering if they take DT Williams instead.
WR @12?
I'm not sure I'm feeling it yet . . . maybe @19 . . . need to see Combine numbers to get some performance numbers.
-
The more I watch the wide receivers, the less I'm impressed with them.
-
i like the fact that i see someone wearing a browns jacket on the field looking at the OL prospects. looks like moeller our OL coach.
-
Marpet runs the best 40, 10/20 yard splits of the Oline thus far.
He's athletic and can move, no doubt about that.
-
If either OTs Peat or Collins are still there after the first 11, I would surely be tempted. Especially if DT's Shelton and Brown are already off the board. Just can't pass on that kind of talent.
Jake Fisher looked really good in that first group. Expected that...
If either OTs Peat or Collins are still there after the first 11, I would surely be tempted. Especially if DT's Shelton and Brown are already off the board. Just can't pass on that kind of talent.
Peat... definitely. Collins.... no way. Only other O-line that would tempt me at #12 would be Clemmings, and I think I could resist.
-
Jake Fisher looked really good in that first group. Expected that...
If either OTs Peat or Collins are still there after the first 11, I would surely be tempted. Especially if DT's Shelton and Brown are already off the board. Just can't pass on that kind of talent.
Peat... definitely. Collins.... no way. Only other O-line that would tempt me at #12 would be Clemmings, and I think I could resist.
Jake Fisher looked really good in that first group. Expected that...
Peat... definitely. Collins.... no way. Only other O-line that would tempt me at #12 would be Clemmings, and I think I could resist.
I'm really hoping for Clemmings falling to us @19, but with his measurements (loooong arms, large hands), I'm almost certain that won't be the case.
Hey Tour2ma, question: why yes to Peat and no to Collins? Peat hasn't really impressed me this year.
-
Marpet runs the best 40, 10/20 yard splits of the Oline thus far.
He's athletic and can move, no doubt about that.
Marpet runs the best 40, 10/20 yard splits of the Oline thus far.
He's athletic and can move, no doubt about that.
my best friend's son who played in hastings just sent me this link. didn't know he played HS ball and grew up a mile away....
-
I had Marpet in the 4th round, I believe with my mock? If he's still on the board there... take him. IF we somehow come up with additional picks, I'd be not hesitant to grab him in the mid to late 3rd.
-
Jake Fisher looked really good in that first group. Expected that...
If either OTs Peat or Collins are still there after the first 11, I would surely be tempted. Especially if DT's Shelton and Brown are already off the board. Just can't pass on that kind of talent.
Peat... definitely. Collins.... no way. Only other O-line that would tempt me at #12 would be Clemmings, and I think I could resist.
Jake Fisher looked really good in that first group. Expected that...
Peat... definitely. Collins.... no way. Only other O-line that would tempt me at #12 would be Clemmings, and I think I could resist.
I saw Collins at LSU, then a superior senior bowl as the best OL out there and then again today at the combine. And after what I saw today and made up my mind he was the best (along with Fisher for his speed and lateral movement), the pros on NFL Network indicated Collins had just placed himself in the top 10 if not the top OL taken this year. Guy really has some pop to him.
-
I would hope that the F.O. would be looking into trading one of our young runningbacks, either West or Crowell for Adrian Peterson. Draft the best available OL with our first pick, then another shiny weapon, whatever is left with our second rounder. Hopefully Max Williams will be available in round two... although if he looks like he might go early we might have to think about using that second pick on him...
-
I would hope that the F.O. would be looking into trading one of our young runningbacks, either West or Crowell for Adrian Peterson. Draft the best available OL with our first pick, then another shiny weapon, whatever is left with our second rounder. Hopefully Max Williams will be available in round two... although if he looks like he might go early we might have to think about using that second pick on him...
I would hope that the F.O. would be looking into trading one of our young runningbacks, either West or Crowell for Adrian Peterson. Draft the best available OL with our first pick, then another shiny weapon, whatever is left with our second rounder. Hopefully Max Williams will be available in round two... although if he looks like he might go early we might have to think about using that second pick on him...
That first part about trading our backs for AP made me laugh quite hard. There's no GM in the NFL dumb enough to do that.
Nor going Oline at 12. Even with Peat on the board. Our priority would still be NT/DT, WR, QB and then OL. A distant 4th.
As for Williams - Much like WR's, there is damn good value to be had in the 3rd and 4th.
-
Kevin White, please. 4.35 and a badass 10/20 yard split.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
